PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : ALMS 2011

BMW Power
26-03-11, 10:20
BMW strikes first with a 1-2 at Sebring

Δοκιμαστικά (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Sebring%20Qualifying.pdf)

Αγώνας (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Sebring%20Prov%20Race.pdf)

Κατάταξη GT (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/GT.pdf)

BMW Power
26-03-11, 10:22
Mario Theissen: "This was a perfect start for us".

BMW Team RLL got off to a flying start in their 2011 ALMS campaign - and collected valuable points for the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup by scoring a one-two in Sebring. Reactions to the 12-hour classic...

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/march/bmw_claims_one_two_in_sebring/mario_theissen_this_was_a_perfect_start_for_us/492744-1-ger-DE/mario_theissen_this_was_a_perfect_start_for_us_new s_detail.jpg

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director): “This was a perfect start for us in the 2011 ALMS season. We won in a very hard-fought race against very strong competitors and celebrated a fantastic one-two with our BMW M3 GT cars. A big compliment not only goes to our drivers but also to the development team in Munich and BMW Team RLL. Everyone did a great job here in Sebring, from the first to the last pit stop.”

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): “I have won this race as a driver and now also as a team owner. This certainly is a great honour. The drivers and the team worked exceptionally well, the Dunlop tyres were excellent and the cars really didn’t miss a beat. This is a great start to our season.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): “I’m incredibly happy now. It’s never easy to win a 12-hour race, but today it was extra tough. Over the entire race we were among the front-runners and believed in our chance. This victory is the perfect for reward for all the hard work which was put in by BMW Motorsport and BMW Team RLL over the winter.”

Joey Hand (Car number 56): “I came to Sebring with a really good feeling that we could win this – and now it really worked out. The victory belongs to everyone in BMW Team RLL. In the off-season the guys built two brand-new BMW M3 GT cars that worked well from the word go. I also want to say thank you to Dunlop. The tyres played an important part today and we had this advantage on our side.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): “What a great result. The team did a flawless job and didn’t make a single mistake over the 12 hours. Following our bad luck in the first stint, we managed to work our way up front. Our team-mates would have also deserved victory. But I think that we can all be very happy with this one-two.”

Dirk Werner (Car number 55): “This really was a great race. I’m satisfied with second place and this fantastic overall result. The points we were able to score today, will be very valuable over the course of the ALMS season. Ahead of this race we were really confident to be competitive, but this one-two comes as a nice surprise to all of us.”

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55): “For the team and BMW Motorsport this certainly is a dream result. As a driver you always want to make it to the top step of the podium, but overall I only take positive impressions away from this race. The next ALMS event will in my backyard Long Beach. We now know exactly how strong we are, and I will again push hard there.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): “Racing here in Sebring was a great experience. The BMW M3 GT showed a strong pace, which makes me very optimistic for the coming races in Europe. We suffered a dose of bad luck on several occasions during the race. Nevertheless I really enjoyed every stint. I did one of my first tests with the BMW M3 here in Sebring. To come back and make it on the podium is fantastic.”

BMW Power
26-03-11, 10:25
Perfect start to the season for BMW Team RLL in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS): The no. 56 BMW M3 GT, driven by Dirk Müller, Joey Hand and Andy Priaulx claimed GT victory in the 12-hour race in Sebring after 312 laps. Dirk Werner, Bill Auberlen and Augusto Farfus came second with the no. 55 BMW M3 GT, making it a clean sweep for BMW Motorsport in this classic endurance race.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/march/bmw_claims_one_two_in_sebring/492714-1-ger-DE/bmw_claims_one_two_in_sebring_news_detail.jpg

With this strong result, the BMW drivers scored valuable points for two championships. The race at the “Sebring International Raceway” not only counts towards the American Le Mans Series, but also the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup.

For BMW Team RLL, last season’s ALMS 2010 GT Team and Manufacturer champions, this is their third ALMS win after scoring back-to-back victories in Road America in 2009 and 2010. Now the Bobby Rahal led squad celebrated its maiden triumph in Sebring. The latest class win for the BMW M3 at this event dates back to 1998, when Boris Said and Bill Auberlen won the GT-3 category. In the following year, BMW Motorsport secured the overall win with the BMW V12 LMR.

Over the entire 2011 race at the 3.7-mile circuit, the two BMW M3 GT cars were involved in thrilling fights with the opposition. The lead changed countless times, and the field was brought together again and again during nine full-course yellows. Ultimately the BMW Team RLL combination of a perfectly reliable car, strong drivers, good strategy, excellent Dunlop tyres and flawless pit stops proved to be invincible. The two newly constructed BMW M3 GT racing cars completed the marathon in Florida without technical problems, passing their first major test with flying colours.

BMW Team RLL will try to build on this success in the second round of the American Le Mans Series which will be staged at Long Beach on 16th April 2011. In the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup BMW Team Schnitzer will be in action for the first time this year at the 1,000-kilometre race in Spa-Francorchamps on 7th May 2011.

BMW Power
18-04-11, 12:58
American Le Mans Series at Long Beach

April 15-16, 2011

Δοκιμαστικά (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Long%20Beach%20Final%20Grid.pdf)

Αγώνας (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Long%20Beach%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
18-04-11, 12:59
Second race, second win.

Dirk Müller and Joey Hand drove BMW Team RLL to the top of the GT class podium for a second consecutive time this season at Saturday’s American Le Mans Series race at Long Beach. The no. 56 BMW M3 GT will be credited with the most laps led in the two hour contest, but not until the final minutes of the race were slowed by a caution flag was the outcome decided.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/april/second_race_second_win/555648-1-ger-DE/second_race_second_win_news_detail.jpg

Hand started the race from the GT class pole and led for the opening laps, but lost the lead some 20 minutes into the race after an almost surreal set of circumstances. A few positions behind Hand, team mate Bill Auberlen, in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT, was hit by a competitor and spun around 180 degrees in the tight confines of turn two. By the time he was finally able to get pointing in the right direction, Hand had come back around and lost two positions as he avoided the accelerating Auberlen.

Hand gave chase and with a slick overtaking manoeuvre of two cars in turn six regained the lead at the 40-minute mark. A second battle ensued with a Porsche, and Hand lost the lead, only to regain it a second time as Patrick Long slid into the wall. He built up a seven second lead before pitting just past the hour mark. Müller took over and held the lead for the final hour of the race for the duo’s second consecutive GT win.

Dirk Werner finished the race in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT seventh in class, two laps in arrears. Following the traditional American Le Mans Series hiatus for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June, BMW Team RLL will begin its defence of the GT class lead at Lime Rock Park, in Lakeville, Conn., on 9th July 2011.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director): “This was a great win by Joey Hand and Dirk Müller in the no. 56 car and a great position to be in going into the Le Mans break. We are also confident we had the possibility for a one-two. Both cars are clearly very reliable, we have a strong team and strong drivers.”

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): “This was a big win for us as we didn’t want to come to Long Beach and lose the advantage we fought so hard for in Sebring. Back-to-back wins are tough to come by in any series, but especially here in the GT class of ALMS, and this is a big victory for our team.”

Joey Hand (Car number 56): “I’m extremely excited. Finally I got this win at Long Beach. It’s a big deal for me, after coming here for ten years. I drove very hard in the beginning, in order to make sure Dirk Müller would be in a good position. I knew he would then bring it home – and that’s exactly what he did.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): “Joey Hand laid the foundation for this by taking pole position and putting in a great first stint. He was in control of the race in the beginning, which was impressive to see. Then he passed the pressure over to me, and I drove the car to the end. I was able to push hard on our Dunlop tyres and to hold off a very quick car behind us. We kept away from the walls and did it.”

Action Man
18-04-11, 13:04
**** -Vag.

EVANGELOS
18-04-11, 14:51
φαρδύνανε το body kit ή μου φαίνεται ???

p.s. Πάλι καλά που ασχολήθηκαν οι Αμερικλάνοι που και καλά δε ξέρουν από Motorsport !!! γιατί χωρίς τον Letterman θα είχαμε τα χαίρια τα προπέρσινα !!! ρεσπεκτ Letterman !!!

BMW Power
18-04-11, 15:04
Γιατί το λες αυτό?

Αυτό δεν σου κάνει? (http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/news/2011/april/there_cannot_be_a_better_start_to_the_season)

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/results/vln/race_results

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/results/ilmc/manufacturers_classification

EVANGELOS
18-04-11, 15:26
μακάρι γιατί περσι μετά το ρινγκ στα vln δεν πήγε καλά η φάση ...

BMW Power
27-04-11, 15:22

BMW Power
07-07-11, 08:14
BMW Team RLL wants to extend its string of successes in Lime Rock.

The traditional hiatus of the American Le Mans Series around the 24 Hours of Le Mans comes to an end for BMW Team RLL this Saturday in Lime Rock (USA). Following the GT one-two finish in Sebring and victory in Long Beach, the squad is determined to consolidate its lead in all the overall GT standings of the series at the home event for BMW of North America.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/july/bmw_team_rll_wants_to_extend_its_string_of_success es_in_lime_rock/1056637-1-eng-GB/bmw_team_rll_wants_to_extend_its_string_of_success es_in_lime_rock_news_detail.jpg

The race at this naturally contoured circuit, situated in the northwest of the US state of Connecticut, regularly attracts sell-out crowds despite having no grandstands, therefore giving the venue a picnic-like atmosphere. The first race was contested at Lime Rock in 1957. Despite being upgraded in 2008, its 1.53-mile layout effectively makes it a sprint circuit. In 2010 BMW Team RLL proved its potential here with second and third.

In the GT drivers’ standings, Dirk Müller and Joey Hand, who will alternate at the wheel of the no. 56 BMW M3 GT, hold the lead with 50 points each. Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen, driving the no. 55 car again in Lime Rock, have 30 points to their names, which puts them in fourth. Also in the manufacturer and team championships BMW and BMW Team RLL lead the field with 50 points scored so far.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): "The BMW Team RLL guys have been champing at the bit to get back to the track after such a long hiatus. We are the hunted instead of the hunter at the moment and we’ll have to be ready to take everyone’s best shots. We have had some good tests, gotten great support from BMW as well as good tyre input from Dunlop, so the team and the drivers are confident that we will go to Lime Rock Park and have another chance to do well."

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55): "After Long Beach I haven’t been sitting around waiting for Lime Rock. Most of my time has been spent in an BMW M3 getting podiums and winning races in GRAND AM competition. Let’s get back to dominating the ALMS. Lime Rock Park is a BMW track, we have been all over the podium there."

Dirk Werner (Car number 55): "It’s great that the ALMS finally goes into its next round. Our BMW M3 GT has been really strong in the first two races, so I have high hopes for the remainder of the season. Lime Rock is a short and tight track. There’s no time to take a breath in the cockpit. It will be a tough race, for sure. I last raced there in 2008 and was on pole. This proves that I get along well with this track."

Joey Hand (Car number 56): "I feel awesome coming off Le Mans. We went to win, but a third place finish is just great. Racing and then standing on the Le Mans podium made me gain a huge respect for the event. Following Le Mans it was right back to testing at Road Atlanta with BMW Team RLL. Heading to Lime Rock we can put into play all we learned at Atlanta with the tyres and new set-ups. Lime Rock Park is BMW NA’s home track and we really get a good feeling from the crowds. There are seven more races this season, and I know we can keep our great momentum going."

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): "A packed programme lies behind me. Third place at the Le Mans 24 Hours was a nice success, while we suffered a dose of bad luck in the Nürburgring 24-hour race. Following a stop at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, I’m now fired up for ALMS. All I can say is the whole team is extremely motivated. We are leading the championship and will try to continue what we started with our victories in Sebring and Long Beach. We are well

BMW Power
09-07-11, 08:46
2011 American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix
Lime Rock Park / 1.474 miles / July 8-9, 2011 / Lakeville, CT

Qualifying (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Lime%20Rock%20Prov%20Grid.pdf)

BMW Power
11-07-11, 08:40
Lime Rock Park / 1.474 miles / July 8-9, 2011 / Lakeville, CT

Race (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Lime%20Rock%20Prov%20Race.pdf)

GT CHAMPIONSHIP POINT STANDINGS (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/GT.pdf)

Joey Hand and Dirk Müller consolidated BMW's lead in the American Le Mans Series GT class manufacturer, team and driver championship with their third consecutive win this season in today's Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park.

The No. 56 BMW Team RLL M3 GT started from the pole and led every lap in the two-hour-and-forty-five-minute race at BMW of North America's home track. The duo completed 176 laps of the 1.474-mile circuit in the run to the checkered flag, finishing 20.387 seconds ahead of the second place Porsche.

The No. 55 M3 GT of Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner fell victim of circumstance as Werner was hit by a competitor on lap 23, only 20 minutes into his opening stint. The duo soldiered on after extensive repairs, ultimately finishing eighth, 13 laps down to their teammates.

Bobby Rahal, Team principal, added, "It's another great day for BMW and Rahal Letterman Lanigan. It's too bad the 55 car got in the middle of that scrum. I have no doubt that they would have been right there and I'm just really pleased that we had a relatively trouble free weekend. Dunlop did a super job for us again. It's three in a row, wow, that doesn't happen very often in racing, so I'm really thrilled for Dirk and for Joey and this helps them out even more in the drivers' championship. BMW has given us the great equipment and our guys have done a great job and the results show."

BMW Team RLL returns to action on July 24 at Mosport International Raceway for Round 4 of the American Le Mans Series.

BMW Power
11-07-11, 08:41
BMW Team RLL claims third consecutive ALMS GT win: Müller and Hand on top of the podium in Lime Rock.

BMW Press Release 10.07.2011

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/july/bmw_team_rll_claims_third_consecutive_alms_gt_win/1064905-1-ger-DE/bmw_team_rll_claims_third_consecutive_alms_gt_win_ news_detail.jpg

Munich, 10th July 2011. BMW Team RLL’s Dirk Müller (DE) and Joey Hand (US) consolidated BMW’s lead in the American Le Mans Series GT class manufacturer, team and driver championship with their third consecutive win this season in the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park (US).

The no. 56 BMW M3 GT started from the pole and led every lap in the 2:45-hour race at BMW of North America’s home track. The duo completed 176 laps of the 1.474-mile circuit in the run to the chequered flag, finishing 20.387 seconds ahead of the second place Porsche.

The BMW M3 GT with car number 55 of Dirk Werner (DE) and Bill Auberlen (US) fell victim of circumstance as Werner was hit by a competitor on lap 23, only 20 minutes into his opening stint. The duo soldiered on after extensive repairs, ultimately finishing eighth, 13 laps down to their team-mates.

BMW Team RLL returns to action on 24th July at Mosport International Raceway for Round 4 of the American Le Mans Series.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal):“It’s another great day for BMW and Rahal Letterman Lanigan. It’s too bad the 55 car got in the middle of that scrum. I have no doubt that they would have been right there and I'm just really pleased that we had a relatively trouble free weekend. Dunlop did a super job for us again. It’s three in a row, wow, that doesn’t happen very often in racing, so I'm really thrilled for Dirk and for Joey and this helps them out even more in the Drivers’ Championship. BMW has given us the great equipment and our guys have done a great job and the results show.”

BMW Power
20-07-11, 15:20
BMW Team RLL ready for a new challenge in Canada.

This weekend BMW Team RLL will bring its BMW M3 GT win streak to the venerable Mosport International Raceway for the Grand Prix of Mosport. The only American Le Mans Series event in Canada, the historic road course has only given up only one podium finish to the team in two previous seasons – a third place finish last year by Bill Auberlen and Tommy Milner.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/july/bmw_team_rll_ready_for_a_new_challenge_in_canada/1089357-1-ger-DE/bmw_team_rll_ready_for_a_new_challenge_in_canada_n ews_detail.jpg

Following a dominating performance at Lime Rock Park and a third consecutive GT victory for Joey Hand and Dirk Mϋller the team is committed to race for their best Mosport result yet.

Of particular importance, the defending GT Manufacturer and Team champions will look to increase Hand and Mϋller’s 33 point lead (70 total) in the driver standings. With seventh and eighth place finishes at Long Beach and Lime Rock Park, Auberlen and Dirk Werner stand fourth (tied) with 33 points on the basis of a strong second place finish at the 12 Hours of Sebring.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal) : "While we have had a great start to the 2011 season, this weekend’s event at Mosport will be a challenge for our entire team. We are confident in our setup and our drivers there, but we haven't gotten the results we have hoped for in our previous visits, so we are working hard to change that this weekend. We have had a strong start in the championship but in this field, you can’t drop your guard for a minute, and we don’t intend to let down this weekend."

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55) : "I can’t wait to go to Mosport. It is a track that separates the men from the boys. It’s fast, hairy and perfect for the great handling of our BMW M3 GT. With three straight victories for BMW Team RLL, I’m sure the competition is scratching their heads, but it is pretty tough to beat a team that is so on its game. I’m proud to be a part of such an amazing programme."

Dirk Werner (Car number 55) : "It is great that we are now racing every 14 days in the ALMS. One highlight is followed by the next. Having been unfortunate in the last two races, it goes without saying that Bill Auberlen and I would now like to finally harvest the fruits of our labour."

Joey Hand (Car number 56) : "The epic year continues – three races – three wins. Our points lead is promising, but not promised and there’s no reason to think that we won’t be a contender for another victory at Mosport. Our BMW M3 GT is strong on high speed Mosport corners. I get asked if I change my strategy or outlook because of our points lead. I don’t think we are at that point yet in the season. We are not settling in by any stretch of the imagination. The car was so strong at Lime Rock Park. It was a pleasure to drive. I’m sure the guys will be ready with another great set-up for Mosport."

Dirk Müller (Car number 56) : "The circuit in Mosport is the fastest on the ALMS calendar. I am confident that our BMW M3 GT will run just as well there as in Sebring, Long Beach and Lime Rock. We want to continue where we left off, and will be doing everything in our powers to ensure that, after three wins in a row, we are also on top of the GT podium in Canada. However, we are also well aware that the opposition has not been sleeping. Whatever happens, we are extremely motivated."

BMW Power
25-07-11, 08:54
Mosport International Raceway / 2.459 miles / July 22-24, 2011 / Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

Qualifying (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Mosport%20Qualifying.pdf)

Race (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Mosport%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
25-07-11, 11:38
BMW Team RLL finishes third and fourth at Mosport.

Despite a stop-and-go penalty for contact served by each BMW M3 GT cars run by BMW Team RLL during the American Le Mans Series Grand Prix of Mosport the team still finished the third and fourth in the 14-car GT class to retain the lead in manufacturer, driver and team championship standings.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/july/bmw_team_rll_finishes_third_and_fourth_at_mosport/1096361-1-ger-DE/bmw_team_rll_finishes_third_and_fourth_at_mosport_ news_detail.jpg

Starting from the class pole for a third consecutive time the no. 56 BMW M3 GT of Joey Hand led the first 30 laps of the race with the no. 55 car of Bill Auberlen running third, less than three seconds behind. The races only caution period brought both BMW M3 GTs to the pits on lap 31 for fuel and tyres, but a slow stop for the no. 56 crew put Hand out behind Auberlen and then a touch with a competitor exiting the pits brought Hand back to serve a stop-and-go penalty for “avoidable contact”. As Auberlen moved up to second, Hand fell back to eighth.

Auberlen held second through the fuel load and Hand moved up to seventh before both drivers pitted one hour later. Dirk Werner took over the no. 55 machine and moved into the lead just before the two-hour mark. Unfortunately, Werner made contact with a slower class car with 20 minutes remaining in the race and the officials called him to the pits for an “avoidable contact” stop-and-go penalty. He returned to the race losing two positions to finish third and score the second podium finish for the no. 55 BMW M3 GT this season.

Dirk Mϋller took over for Hand, moving the no. 56 car as high as third before falling back to fourth in the closing stages of the race.

Round five of the American Le Mans Series will be held at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on 6th August.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): “The race started promisingly, but we are not entirely happy with the way it ended. Both cars were penalised and lost crucial seconds. The pace of our cars was once again excellent. There was more in this race for us. In Mid-Ohio we will once again strive to get as much out of the race as possible.”

Dirk Werner (car number 55): “I am obviously disappointed. Bill did a great job to take the car to the front of the field. The incident shortly before the finish cost us the victory. However, there is still a long way to go this season. I am sure we will have more chances. The guys are working hard and provide us with a real winning car every race. We will keep going so that we can reward them with the result they deserve.”

Bill Auberlen (car number 55): “Although it was not enough to win, we can take a lot of positives out of this race. This is the first time since Sebring that we have made it onto the podium. Our car has what it takes to be battle it out at the front in every race. Unfortunately, for various reasons, it has not always worked out that way for us. We will now move on and attack again in Mid-Ohio.”

BMW Power
02-08-11, 11:25

Επόμενος αγώνας Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge 6-7 Αυγούστου

BMW Power
05-08-11, 08:53
Home round for BMW Team RLL at Mid-Ohio.

Leading the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), BMW Team RLL prepares for its home race at Mid-Ohio. Based in Hilliard, Ohio the team will be competing less than fifty miles from its workshops and headquarters. The "Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge" marks the mid-point in the 2011 season. Last year, Bobby Rahal's team finished the race at the circuit next to Lexington on the podium. Bill Auberlen and Tommy Milner were third in their BMW M3 GT.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/august/home_round_for_bmw_team_rll_at_mid_ohio/1120001-1-ger-DE/home_round_for_bmw_team_rll_at_mid_ohio_news_detai l.jpg

Following three wins in the first three races and a fourth-place finish at the "Grand Prix of Mosport", Dirk Müller and Joey Hand currently lead the GT Driver standings in the number 56 car. With 80 points each they are 23 points ahead. The drivers of the BMW M3 GT number 55, Dirk Werner and Auberlen, are currently third with 46 points each. As we approach the middle of the season, BMW Team RLL leads the GT Team points standings and BMW leads the GT Manufacturers' standings.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): "Mid-Ohio is obviously a track that our team circles on the calendar every year, and personally it is a track that holds a lot of memories for myself and my family. The BMW Team RLL M3 GTs were strong at Mosport but the strongest car doesn't always win, which is one of the great things about racing. We had a great start to the season, but our advantages can be erased fairly rapidly if we don't come to the track every weekend ready to compete. I promise that we will be ready to compete this weekend at Mid-Ohio."

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55): "We had amazing cars at Mosport and were the team to beat. After some trouble for both cars we finished on the podium and that's great for the team. Now we are going to BMW Team RLL's home track. The cars were really good last year at Mid-Ohio. The track has great fast straights and the technical aspects of the track are handled really well by our cars on Dunlop tyres. Add in our deep track knowledge and I think we should look really good."

Dirk Werner (Car number 55): "Bill and I are still within striking distance of second place in the championship. Thanks to the good results they have enjoyed recently, our teammates Dirk and Joey have opened up a bit of a gap at the top of the table. Nevertheless, we want to go on the offensive at Mid-Ohio. It is the home circuit for BMW Team RLL and we all want to get a good result there. I think the circuit suits our car and I know the circuit very well having already raced there a few times. My teammate Bill also knows it very well, so it is all set up for us to get a good result there."

Joey Hand (Car number 56): "Everybody knows Mid-Ohio has had its ups and downs for me, but I really like the track. Its home track for BMW Team RLL and the friends and family of team will be there. I lived in Cleveland, Ohio for three years and Mid-Ohio was my home track back then. It's one of those tracks where you need to have some tricks up your sleeve and I know a few of them. So far this year the team brings out a great race car every time and I don't expect anything different at Mid-Ohio. Mosport did not end up as we wished, but the M3 GT was really quick the whole time. This has been a career year for me and I am looking for more."

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): "At Mosport we were unfortunate to pick up the drive-through penalty that prevented us finishing anywhere higher than fourth place. However, we still have a very solid lead in the championship. So, with the battle for the title in mind, our goal for Mid-Ohio is to extend our lead. Mid-Ohio is a very technical circuit with many different surfaces and some very slow corners. Personally, I like it a lot and am really looking forward to it. It will be another hard fought battle in the GT class. We are generally under a lot of pressure there, as it is the home race for BMW Team RLL. There will be a lot of family members and friends there, all cheering for us."

BMW Power
09-08-11, 08:21
2011 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course / 2.258 miles / August 5-6, 2011 / Lexington, Ohio

Qualifying (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Mid%20Ohio%20Final%20Grid.pdf)

Race (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Mid%20Ohio%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
09-08-11, 08:22
BMW Team RLL finishes third and fourth at wet Mid-Ohio.

BMW Team RLL celebrates another podium in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). The team finished third and fourth in the GT class at the "Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge". A torrential downpour stopped the two hour 45 minute contest with just 13 minutes remaining with Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen finishing third in the No. 55 M3 GT.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/august/bmw_team_rll_finishes_third_and_fourth_at_wet_mid_ ohio/1126130-1-eng-GB/bmw_team_rll_finishes_third_and_fourth_at_wet_mid_ ohio_news_detail.jpg

Teammates, Dirk Müller and Joey Hand, came home fourth in the No. 56 M3 GT for a second consecutive race. The result keeps BMW on top in the GT manufacturer points standings, BMW Team RLL in the lead in the team battle and Mϋller and Hand at the top of the drivers' standings.

The team elected to start Mϋller in the No. 56 M3 GT after Hand qualified the car on the pole, and he led the GT field across the line on the opening lap. Werner started the No. 55 M3 GT from the second spot, but was slowed by an LMPC car in the first turn and dropped to fifth. Mϋller dropped to third on lap two, but the two BMW works drivers quickly recovered to hold third and fifth as the race began to develop. Mϋller moved up to second before both drivers pitted under green on lap 40.

Auberlen replaced Werner in the No. 55 M3 GT and was able to jump Mϋller, who remained in the No. 56 car, in the pits. Unfortunately the two tangled a few turns later and Auberlen was spun around. Mϋller continued in third with Auberlen dropping back to fourth. As a few rain drops began to fall Mϋller pitted under green just past the one and a half hour mark (lap 64) for Hand to take over. With Dunlop rain tyres ready if the rain intensified, the team elected to send Hand out on slicks.

The rain only began 22 minutes later with Hand pitting for rain tyres on lap 76, and Auberlen following his teammate in on lap 77. Yellow flags waved for a second time in the race just before the two-hour mark, slowing the field with Auberlen circulating in sixth and Hand in eighth. When the green flag waved Hand had contact with a Ferrari to bring out the race's third caution period. Hand was able to continue, but the rain intensified, making the track treacherous.

Auberlen and Hand charged forward as competitor after competitor slid off the track, making it up to third and fourth before the fourth yellow flag came out. A red flag brought all the cars to the pits and ultimately an end to the race. Round six of the American Le Mans Series will be held at "Road America", in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, on Saturday, August 20.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): "It was a tough day for us. We had a bad first pit stop with the No. 56 M3 GT, and that ultimately forced our hand with a strategy call which may have worked if it had not rained. Third and fourth is not a bad way to end, but we always come to finish one-two."

Bill Auberlen (car number 55): "This place is as difficult from the racing environment as anywhere in the world. We come here and struggle. And this is about the team. We are never quitting, as the team always has a positive attitude. They know how to lift you up. And they are doing this by making the car better from session to session. So you are one and two on the grid. Then you have those crazy races and they bring you right back up again. The guys of BMW Team RLL are so inspirational, that is the reason why the team is so good, combined with BMW and Dunlop. It can be the worst racing environment in the world, but the whole team does a great job and brings you up to pick up a podium. Now we take third place as we head to our lucky place, Elkart Lake, and get some real points."

BMW Power
06-09-11, 09:26
ROUND 6
ROAD AMERICA / ELKHART LAKE, WI
AUGUST 20, 2011

RACE RESULTS (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/6/2011%20Road%20America%20ALMS%20Results.pdf)

BMW Power
06-09-11, 09:27
Baltimore Grand Prix

Baltimore Street Circuit / 2.04 miles / September 2-3, 2011 / Baltimore, MD

Qualifying (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Baltimore%20Final%20Grid%20Revised.pdf)

Race (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Baltimore%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
06-09-11, 09:29
Another podium in Baltimore.

The no. 56 BMW M3 GT of Joey Hand and Dirk Müller finished second at the inaugural American Le Mans Series Baltimore Grand Prix to extend BMW Team RLL’s lead in Manufacturer, Driver and Team GT class championships.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/another_podium_in_baltimore/1188646-1-eng-GB/another_podium_in_baltimore_news_detail.jpg

Starting from third, the duo completed 70 laps in the two-hour race at the temporary circuit running though the streets of Baltimore’s Inner Harbour.

The race ended in heartbreak for the pole-sitting no. 55 BMW M3 GT of Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner after an overzealous passing attempt by a competitor spun Auberlen from the lead 22 minutes into the second hour of the contest. Up to that point the car had never been further back than second, with Werner leading the first 18 laps of the race. A well-timed pit stop just before the race’s first caution period put Auberlen in the perfect position for their first win of the season, but it was not to be. The BMW ace battled back from eighth, ultimately finishing fifth, to remain third in the drivers’ points standings. Round eight of the American Le Mans Series will be held on 17th September at Laguna Seca Raceway.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): “Obviously we are happy with a second place finish for the no. 56 BMW M3 GT, but the Corvettes certainly did not help our day. I am sorry that Dirk and Bill got punted from what would have been a great finish. Overall we have been consistently on the podium and that means good things for the Driver, Team and Manufacturer Championships! Now it’s onward to Laguna Seca Raceway.”

Joey Hand (car number 56): “The start was just chaotic. I just wanted to make sure I could bring our BMW M3 GT back without any more scratches, and to be able to hand over to Dirk a nice and straight car. It worked out quite okay, although I lost some time when I had to use the run-off in turn 1. I kept pushing to keep us close. While most of the others started having problems with their tyres, our Dunlops got better and better, so I managed to gain a lot of ground. Then Dirk finished the job in a fantastic way.”

Dirk Müller (car number 56): “We really don’t need to win races just now. All we need is big points compared to our direct rivals – and that’s what we managed today. This race was very hard to watch at the beginning. At this stage of the championship it’s essential not to risk too much. Joey didn’t fight, making sure we kept going in a strong position. For me it was a challenging affair then, and I really wanted to win this race. But again we didn’t want to risk too much, so we came home second, ahead of our direct competition. It was another amazing result. Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta are still to come – and I know that this is our year!”

BMW Power
09-09-11, 14:16
GT Standings (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/GT.pdf)

Δύο αγώνες υπολείπονται για τη λήξη του πρωταθλήματος

BMW Power
15-09-11, 12:10
BMW Team RLL ready for the next showdown in Laguna Seca.

BMW Motorsport Press Release 15.09.2011

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/ready_for_the_next_showdown/1235356-3-eng-GB/ready_for_the_next_showdown_news_detail.jpg

Munich, 15th September 2011. With seven of nine races totalling more than 26 hours of hard-fought competition in this season’s 2011 American Le Mans Series now complete, BMW Team RLL heads to “Laguna Seca Raceway” (US) for this weekend’s American Le Mans Monterey six-hour sports car race. The team won the first three events and has finished on the podium in every race since then to lead all the GT championships. However, the defence of its 2010 Manufacturer and Team titles begins in earnest at the classic Northern California circuit which hosts the penultimate round of the championship.

Dirk Müller (DE) and Joey Hand (US), in the no. 56 BMW M3 GT, have led the Driver standings since their victory at the season-opening 12 Hours of Sebring (US) and finished second in last year’s race at Laguna Seca. As the season progresses, the competition is getting more intense. With five extra points available at this race and ten extra at the season-ending “Petit Le Mans” (US), their 25-point lead is not yet enough to secure the team’s first Drivers’ title.

Team-mates, Dirk Werner (DE) and Bill Auberlen (US), in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT, are third in GT driver standings – now 11 points from second – after feeling more than simply the heat of the competition at the Baltimore Grand Prix (US). The resulting contact from an overly optimistic pass attempt by a competitor took Auberlen out of the lead, and a probable victory in the closing laps of the race. Auberlen was able to salvage a fifth-place finish at the new street circuit, but it ended the duo’s streak of three consecutive podium finishes.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal):“Everyone involved with BMW Team RLL knows what is on the line for us at Laguna Seca. We have had a great season so far and lead all three GT championships, but it could all go for naught if we don’t put up a good result at Laguna Seca. The track has always been one of my favourites, and we feel that we should have a good car there, but it is a long race and anything can happen. If we can minimise our mistakes, we are confident in our ability to have a good weekend!”

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55):“Baltimore proved to be an awesome street circuit in which Dirk and I experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. We started on the pole and the race went really well. That hit by a competitor ended any chance to capitalise, but that is behind us now. I think Laguna Seca will be just what we need. The BMW M3 GT is well suited for this high speed track and a six-hour race should give us an extra advantage with the team’s ability to combine excellent strategy and fast pit stops.”

Dirk Werner (Car number 55):“I am really looking forward to Laguna Seca. This is one of the greatest circuits we race on this year. Of course everybody knows the famous ‘Corkscrew’, but this track offers a lot more. I think that we will be very competitive there – like at all other races this year. So far, our car was always well prepared and really fast. This is a six-hour race which means that you have to change your approach slightly. The qualifying will not be that important, but of course we will try to continue the streak and fight for pole position. In the race itself it will be crucial not to risk too much in the early stages, in order to still be in the position to fight for victory at the finish. It is important that the car is still quick when it gets dark and cooler in the last stage of the race.”

Joey Hand (Car number 56):“Laguna Seca is my home race, so my family and many friends will be trackside rooting me on. Even though I have not won there, Laguna Seca has been good to me in past years with many poles and second place finishes. The track is known for the ‘Corkscrew’, but I love the fast, downhill turn 9 and 10 combination. The placement of the car is critical because one small mistake can mean big trouble, but you can gain some time there and have fun too. Dirk and I were very strong at Laguna last year and finished second. I am looking forward to this trip with our goal to remain on the podium and collect more points toward the championship.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 56):“I don’t think about title calculations, but think from race to race as I have done the whole season. Of course we did not risk too much in the last races, because our highest priority was to bring the car to the finish and get good points. We are still facing two long races with a total of 55 points to win, so everything is still possible and we need to stay focused. Last year we were pretty strong at Laguna Seca, and we bring important information from last year as a base for our work. We should be very competitive. Of course we want to win, that is why we are going there. The team has prepared everything very well and is extremely motivated. In thinking of the championship it is crucial not to make any mistakes and bring the car home safe after six hours.”

BMW Power
18-09-11, 08:21
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca / 2.238 miles / September 16-17, 2011 / Monterey, California

QUALIFYING (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Laguna%20Seca%20Prov%20Grid%20Revised.pdf)

RACE (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Laguna%20Seca%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
19-09-11, 09:40
Müller and Hand win ALMS GT drivers’ title for BMW.

Dirk Müller, Joey Hand and BMW Team RLL have done it: Second place in the eighth race of the American Le Mans Series at the “Laguna Seca Raceway” was enough to secure the title in the GT Drivers’ Championship with a race to spare.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/mueller_and_hand_win_alms_gt_drivers_title_for_bmw/1242316-1-eng-GB/mueller_and_hand_win_alms_gt_drivers_title_for_bmw _news_detail.jpg

Müller and Hand have taken their points tally to 145, and are now an unassailable 33 points ahead of the second-placed pairing, Corvette’s Jan Magnussen and Oliver Gavin. As there are a maximum of 30 points up for grabs at the season finale in Road Atlanta on 1st October, the two BMW drivers have already been crowned GT champions.

The title race has also been decided in the Team competition: Müller, Hand, and team-mates Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen scored a total 154 points for BMW Team RLL with the two BMW M3 GT cars this season, repeating last year’s success. In the Drivers’ Championship, on the other hand, it is BMW’s first overall ALMS victory since 2001 when current BMW works driver Jörg Müller won the championship.

“Congratulations to Dirk Müller, Joey Hand and everyone at BMW Team RLL on winning the Driver and Team GT titles in the American Le Mans Series,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “To already have been crowned overall winner ahead of the finale of such a competitive championship as the ALMS is an outstanding effort. Our four drivers and the entire team put in a flawless performance in the last eight races, picking up three victories and consistently finishing in the points. These two titles are just reward for this impressive run. Thanks to the intensive work carried out over the winter, the BMW M3 GT has been even stronger than previous years in this ALMS season, and really made its mark on the series.”

Müller and Hand started the 2011 season with a triumph at the iconic 12-hour race at Sebring, and followed this up with wins in Long Beach and Lime Rock. After two fourth-place finishes in Mosport and Mid-Ohio, the two team-mates returned to the podium with a third place in Road America. Second place at the first running of the “Baltimore Grand Prix” gave Müller and Hand “match point” for the race at Laguna Seca, and they took advantage in style. Werner and Auberlen finished on the podium four times and picked up points in every race.

“Fantastic! I am so happy for Joey, for the team, for BMW, for Dunlop, and for all of our partners and supporters,” said Müller, who also triumphed in the 2000 ALMS season and now has two drivers’ titles to his name. “This one means so very much to me. This year we felt it, we worked so hard and so well together. Thanks so much to everyone.”

For Hand, overall victory in the ALMS GT category is the icing on the cake after what has been a near perfect season, in which he won the Daytona 24-hour race and finished on the podium at the Le Mans 24 Hours. He said: “A Drivers Championship – against competition this strong – is fantastic. Dirk and I are a great team. It was great to win in front of all our partners and fans today. The Dunlop tyres were really strong all week. I am excited…that’s for sure.”

Team Principal Bobby Rahal added: “As we prepared for the 2011 season, we knew we had all of the ingredients to contend for the championship, but it takes a lot of effort from everyone involved to actually make it happen. Each one of our drivers gave us everything they had, BMW provided us with a great car and outstanding support from throughout their great organisation and the crew both at the track and at the shop worked extremely hard to make this happen.”

For BMW Team RLL, the task at the season finale on 1st October, the legendary “Petit Le Mans”, is to get Werner and Auberlen into second place in the Drivers’ Championship. The duo is currently in third pace overall on 103 points. The gap to Magnussen and Gavin in second place is nine points. Having 154 points under its belt, BMW also leads the Manufacturer standings going into the final race of the year.

BMW Power
19-09-11, 09:44
BMW TEAM RLL CLINCHES GT DRIVER, TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

Second and fourth at Laguna Seca round

ALMS 2011-09-18

A strong start to the season followed by consistent podium finishes throughout the midpoint of the year culminated in the first American Le Mans Series GT Driver championships for the No. 56 BMW Team RLL M3 GT of Dirk Mueller and Joey Hand, and the second consecutive Team championship for BMW Team RLL. The Mueller/Hand pairing clinched their first titles as teammates with a grueling second-place finish in Saturday's American Le Mans Monterey race at Laguna Seca Raceway, marking BMW Team RLL's eighth consecutive podium finish in GT competition.

"A Drivers Championship - against this year's competition - is fantastic," said Joey Hand. "Dirk and I are a great team. We had a great showing from our Crowne Plaza and Avnet partners this weekend. It was great to win in front of them. The Dunlop tires were really strong all week. I am excited that's for sure!"

Starting from the pole, the duo completed 236 laps in the six-hour race around the 2.238- mile, 11-turn Laguna Seca circuit in the hills of Monterey, California. The No. 55 BMW Team RLL M3 GT of Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner finished in fifth place to maintain their third-place position in the Driver point standings. Following the race the third-place finishing Ferrari was penalized 90 seconds for avoidable contact, moving Auberlen and Werner up to fourth.

Both BMW M3 GT cars were very strong in the opening hour of the race. Joey Hand used his pole position to build a 20-second lead by the end of the first hour. Hand maintained his lead through the first round of pit stops, while stablemate Bill Auberlen in the No. 55 M3 GT was able to push the No. 4 Corvette until his tires were damaged and subsequently passed him to move into the second position. Auberlen's effort would prove key as the Corvette was the only team that could keep BMW Team RLL from a second straight team title.

All through the six-hour contest, the top five GT Class competitors were within a few seconds of each other. Finally, at the top of the final hour, each competitor had completed their last pit stops and it was a sprint race to the finish. With 40 minutes remaining, Mueller was in first position with a comfortable lead over Auberlen in second, but a left tire puncture sent Auberlen to the pits for a new Dunlop tire, dropping him back to fifth.

Three minutes later, the fifth caution of the race tightened up the field again. After the restart with only eight minutes remaining, Dirk M ller dropped back to third during a heated battle with a Ferrari and a Porsche, but he moved up to second on the last lap when the second-placed Ferrari began to run out of fuel, opening the door for Mueller to repass for the second-place podium finish.

"Fantastic! I am so happy for Joey, for the Championships, for Rahal Letterman Lanigan, for BMW, for Dunlop, and for all of our partners and supporters," added Mueller. This one means so very much to me. This year we felt it, we worked so hard and so well together. Thanks so much to everyone!"

"As we prepared for the 2011 season, we knew we had all of the ingredients to contend for the championship, but it takes a lot of effort from everyone involved to actually make it happen," said BMW Team RLL co-owner Bobby Rahal. "Each one of our drivers gave us everything they had, BMW provided us with a great car and outstanding support from throughout their great organization and the crew both at the track and at the shop worked extremely hard to make this happen. We are happy to celebrate these championships with our partners at Crowne Plaza, Avnet, Dunlop, Rays and everyone else involved with BMW Team RLL!"

The BMW Team RLL squad has one final order of business as it looks to clinch its second consecutive ALMS GT Manufacturer championship in the 2011 season finale. The final round of the American Le Mans Series season is the challenging 10-hour Petit Le Mans, which will be held on October 1 at Road Atlanta.

BMW Power
21-09-11, 11:54
Κατάταξη Πρωταθλήματος GT (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/GT.pdf)

Διπλό πρωτάθλημα φέτος έναν αγώνα πριν το τέλος.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/media/banners/home_page/motosport/victory_banner/congratulations_bmw_team_rll/1245786-51-eng-GB/congratulations_bmw_team_rll_victory_banner.jpg

BMW Power
01-10-11, 08:02
Season's finale for champions BMW Team RLL at the Petit Le Mans.

BMW Team RLL is preparing for the last challenge of the 2011 American Le Mans Series, the prestigious Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. Bobby Rahal's squad celebrated early title victories in the ALMS GT team and drivers's championship at the penultimate round at Laguna Seca on 17th September. But it has three more goals for the season's finale this weekend.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/season_s_finale_for_champions_bmw_team_rll_at_the_ petit_le_mans/1275985-1-eng-GB/season_s_finale_for_champions_bmw_team_rll_at_the_ petit_le_mans_news_detail.jpg

The team has set its sights on winning a second consecutive GT manufacturer title, move drivers Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen to second place in the driver point standings and win Dunlop the tyre manufacturer's championship.

The 1000-mile race also serves as the penultimate round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup where BMW Team RLL will represent BMW Motorsport for a second time this season. The first was the 12 Hours of Sebring where the team finished first and second with the same six-driver lineup that will pilot the potent BMW M3 GTs this weekend.

Dirk Müller, Joey Hand and Andy Priaulx will co-drive the No. 56 M3 GT. The trio won the 12 Hours of Sebring. At Laguna Seca, Müller and Hand clinched the driver's title. Werner and Auberlen will be joined in the No. 55 M3 by Augusto Farfus. They finished second at Sebring. Werner and Auberlen stand third in ALMS driver points, only nine points in arrears, and with a strong Petit Le Mans finish could move to second place.

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): "BMW Team RLL is extremely pleased to have clinched the driver's and team championships, but there is more work to be done to win championships for BMW and Dunlop. We intend to go all out in pursuit of those titles as well. But championships aside, to win Petit Le Mans would be a major accomplishment for us and our drivers. This is a grueling race on the team and the car and we need to manage ourselves so that we can be in the hunt at the end."

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55): "Petit Le Mans has mixed emotions for me. I am pumped up because it's one of the world's great endurance races, but it's also the last race of the year and no racing driver wants the season to end. Joey and Dirk have clinched the driver's and team championships, but this team has two more championships to nail down."

Dirk Werner (Car number 55): "I am really looking forward to the season's finale. Of course, we want to add the manufacturer's championship. We expect it to be a hard race, due to the long distance and the high number of starters. Bill and I are still keen to celebrate our first victory of the season, so I am highly motivated. The car will be very good – like it always has been throughout the season."

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): " This will be my first time at Road Atlanta so I have to get to know to the circuit which is quite fast from what I have heard. It is great that BMW already won the driver's championship. I am looking forward to such a big race. I hope we can have a good weekend."

Joey Hand (Car number 56): "It feels great to have two championships wrapped up before Petit Le Mans. When we won Sebring this year I thought that this would be our year. It took a lot of hard work and with the help of BMW Motorsport, BMW of North America, RLL and Dunlop we are almost there. We go to Petit Le Mans to win the manufacturer's championship and the tyre manufacturer's title. It will be great to have Andy Priaulx back to help us try to finish the season the way we started it."

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): "I am still really excited about having won the title in the driver's championship. Obviously we cannot celebrate the title yet, as the manufacturer's championship is not decided. We are keen to win the prestigious race at Road Atlanta, and we are keen to win the manufacturers' title for BMW, so we still are extremely motivated. We are looking forward to Augusto's and Andy's support. We have a very good car and a very strong team, so we want to achieve both targets."

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): "I am really excited going to Petit Le Mans. Obviously Dirk and Joey just won the driver's championship with BMW, so it is a very good environment to go into. I am looking forward very much and will enjoy the race."

BMW Power
02-10-11, 08:10
Petit Le Mans Powered by Mazda

Road Atlanta / 2.54 miles / September 28-October 1, 2011 / Braselton, Georgia

Qualifying (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Petit%20Prov%20Grid.pdf)

Race (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/ALMS%20Petit%20Final%20Race.pdf)

BMW Power
03-10-11, 08:39
BMW secures ALMS manufacturers' title.

BMW has written another chapter in motorsport history in the USA at the finale of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), the 1000-mile Petit Le Mans, at Road Atlanta, in Braselton, Georgia. BMW Team RLL won a second consecutive manufacturers' championship in the GT class to complete a 2011 hat-trick of titles.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/october/bmw_secures_alms_manufacturers_title/1281762-1-eng-GB/bmw_secures_alms_manufacturers_title_news_detail.j pg

The drivers' and team championships had already been secured two weeks ago with one race still to go. The last time BMW achieved this feat was in 2001 with the BMW M3 GTR. BMW only returned to the ALMS with the BMW M3 GT in 2009.

After a thrilling race, Dirk Werner, Bill Auberlen and Augusto Farfus ultimately achieved a third place finish, completing 367 laps around the 2.54-mile circuit. After an incident with a slower car in the closing stages of the race caused two pit stops to repair the damage, their teammates Dirk Müller, Joey Hand and Andy Priaulx finished the race in ninth place. At least one BMW M3 GT finished on the podium in every single race this season.

Dirk Müller and Joey Hand secured first place in the drivers' championship, ahead of Oliver Gavin and Jan Magnussen (Corvette). Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen finished third overall. BMW Team RLL clinched victory in the team competition, ahead of Corvette Racing. In the Manufacturers' Championship, BMW finished ahead of Porsche.

With this strong result, the BMW drivers scored valuable points for two championships. The 1000 mile race at the roller coaster Road Atlanta circuit not only counts towards the American Le Mans Series, but also the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup.

"The entire team deserves a huge compliment. Everyone involved on both sides of the Atlantic have been justly rewarded for their tireless efforts", said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. "To celebrate this kind of success in one of the toughest racing series in the GT class is a fantastic result. Throughout the season, the key to this success was excellent drivers, a very low error rate, a team working in almost perfect harmony, our strong tire partner Dunlop – and the BMW M3 GT, of course. Our engineers really raised the bar in GT racing with this car this year."

Ludwig Willisch, President of BMW of North America, added: "Congratulations to everyone at BMW Team RLL. To achieve an excellent result like this with the BMW M3 GT in one of the most prestigious GT racing series in North America is simply fantastic. We can all be proud of this achievement. More BMW M cars are sold in the USA than anywhere else in the world, underlining the importance of this success."

BMW also emerged victorious in the "Green X Challenge" category, which is all about using resources responsibly.

Bobby Rahal: "We came here to win the manufacturers' championship for BMW and we did it. It was not an easy race. We had a number of tire punctures, an incident with a slower car in the dark, and so much traffic. This kept us from the top of the podium, but we knew what we had to do to win the manufacturers' championship and I am certainly pleased to bring the title to BMW for the second consecutive year. I am extremely grateful to all of the sponsors and partners that support BMW Team RLL."

Dirk Müller: "In the race, I had a moment of shock. I came into a blind apex in fourth gear and just avoided crashing into another car that was stopped on track. I just clipped the right side of my car and had to pit for repairs. Right now, I am just happy to be here in one piece. Nevertheless, we had a great season. I am very, very pleased that were able to secure the driver's championship at the last race. We can be very proud on our achievements."

Joey Hand: "It is a great feeling racing here as the 2011 driver's champion. It was a great effort from everyone, BMW Motorsport, BMW Team RLL, Dunlop and Crowne Plaza. This championship was not just won by me and Dirk. It was won by the entire program over the course of three years. This BMW is the coolest and most comfortable racing car I have ever driven. I simply had the greatest year of my career."

Andy Priaulx: "I raced at Sebring where this successful season began, so it was another great experience coming over here and be part of BMW Team RLL once more at the Petit Le Mans. The atmosphere here is as brilliant as the BMW M3 GT. Congratulations to Dirk and Joey for winning the driver's title and a big thank you to everybody in the team. I enjoyed the weekend very much."

Dirk Werner: "It is a bit of a pity that we lost a second place finish, but we've been able to secure the manufacturer's title for BMW with a podium. It was a very tough race. As they did the entire season, the team helped us with great pit stops to gain positions in the race. The team did an absolutely fantastic job."

Bill Auberlen: "Petit Le Mans is always very tough race. Dirk did an absolutely great job in the final stint to keep us on the podium. I am very proud to be part of this team and continue to add to BMW's trophy case. Congratulations to Dirk and Joey for winning the driver's title."

Augusto Farfus: "It is always great to race in America. The event here at Road Atlanta is amazing. I would compare it to a small Nürburgring with regards to both the racetrack and the atmosphere. There are a lot of BMW fans. The spectators are very close to the circuit and we can see them waving and cheering. This season has been very successful for BMW, and I am proud that I was given another chance racing in the ALMS with such great teammates."

This completes an extremely successful motorsport season in the USA for BMW. On September 17th , TELMEX Chip Ganassi Racing, with Felix Sabates drivers Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas behind the wheel of a BMW Riley, secured the drivers' title in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sport Car Series at the EMCO Gears Classic in Lexington/Ohio. For the pair in the TELMEX Chip Ganassi Racing BMW number 01, this was the second consecutive title with BMW Power. Paul Dalla Lana of the Turner Motorsport team also had reason to be happy. He drove a BMW M3 to the drivers' title in the 2011 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Grand Sport Class – also at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. The Turner Motorsport team can also celebrate the team title, while the championships also went to BMW for a second consecutive year in the engine and manufacturer competitions.

BMW Power
04-10-11, 14:15
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/media/banners/home_page/motosport/victory_banner/hat_trick_of_titles/1289223-55-eng-GB/hat_trick_of_titles_victory_banner.jpg

2011 GT CHAMPIONSHIP (http://www.americanlemans.com/files/results/2011/GT.pdf)