PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Endurance Racing Series VLN 2011

BMW Power
16-05-11, 14:37
One-two for BMW Motorsport in VLN season opener at the Nürburgring.

02.04.2011 BMW
Press Release

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/april/one_two_for_bmw_motorsport_in_vln_season_opener/536486-1-ger-DE/one_two_for_bmw_motorsport_in_vln_season_opener_ne ws_detail.jpg

Nürburgring, 2nd April 2011. The first race appearance at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE) in 2011 turned out to be a great success for Team BMW Motorsport: The no. 42 BMW M3 GT with Jörg Müller (DE), Augusto Farfus (BR) and Uwe Alzen (DE) at the wheel crossed the line as the winner in the first round of the VLN Endurance Championship. The second BMW M3 GT (no. 43), driven by Andy Priaulx (GB), Dirk Müller (DE) and Dirk Werner (DE), took the chequered flag in second, 51 seconds behind the sister car after four hours of running.

With sunny conditions and temperatures around 20 degrees Celsius, the VLN fans experienced a gripping race, which saw the front-runners racing closely together for most of the time. Having started from first (no. 43) and second (no. 42) on the grid, the two BMW M3 GT cars were involved in exciting duels and managed to complete the race without any technical problems, whereas some of their major rivals dropped back due to several incidents. The lead had changed several times, before final-stint drivers Jörg Müller and Dirk Müller were able to score the one-two result. For Alzen this is his tenth overall victory in the VLN, while it is a first for Jörg Müller and Farfus.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “Obviously this was a great start for us here at the Nordschleife. Our two BMW M3 GT cars ran flawlessly, and our Dunlop tyres worked perfectly. All six drivers did a great job as well. The key to success was that our cars were the only ones in the top group that managed to make it to the finish without suffering any problems.”

Jörg Müller (Car number 42): “There cannot be a better start to the season than this. Our car was absolutely reliable and we were able to go at a consistent pace. We all know BMW has a lot of fans at this track. It’s great we could give something back to them with this success. This has been a very good start.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 42): “It’s always fantastic to return to the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, and if you go back home with a win from this place it makes it even better. For us it was important to gain further experience. At this track every lap is important for improving."

Uwe Alzen (Car number 42): “The start was a very close affair, and I had an interesting fight with a Porsche. Then I was able to find a great rhythm and didn’t experience any problems whatsoever. It feels great to be back at the Nordschleife. My tenth victory in the VLN is a nice record.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 43): “I had a clean start from pole which went without any special incidents. Leading the field at the Nordschleife, with no other car running in front of me was great fun. However, after a few laps this changes rapidly, and you find yourself in the middle of the traffic. The pace of our car was good, and we can definitely build on this success.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 43): “We are definitely on a roll these days. In Sebring we were able to score a one-two, now we did the same at the Nürburgring. Of course we know we shouldn’t overestimate this success, but still we have every reason to be happy.”

Dirk Werner (Car number 43): “It takes a few laps until you are used to the heavy traffic at the Nordschleife again. This is always a big challenge – but one I really enjoy. This strong result shows we are working in the right direction.”

BMW Power
16-05-11, 14:40
BMW Motorsport scores podium finish in second VLN race.

30.04.2011 BMW
Press Release

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/april/three_dirks_on_the_podium/581921-4-eng-GB/three_dirks_on_the_podium_news_detail.jpg

Nürburgring, 30th April 2011. Following the one-two achieved in the season opener of the VLN Endurance Championship, BMW Motorsport also finished on the podium in the second race at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE). Dirk Müller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE) and Dirk Adorf (DE) came third in the no. 43 BMW M3 GT after 28 laps. Augusto Farfus (BR), Jörg Müller (DE) and Pedro Lamy (PT) finished fifth with the number 42 car. Victory in the 36th DMV 4-hour race went to Mercedes’ Chris Mamerow (DE) and Armin Hahne (DE).

Starting from 14th (no. 42) and 16th (no. 43) respectively on the grid, the opening stint drivers, Lamy and Werner, managed to gain a considerable amount of ground in the first phase of the race. Then Farfus and Dirk Müller, as well as Jörg Müller and Adorf, consolidated the BMW M3 GT cars’ positions in the leading group, along the way being involved in some exciting duels with the eventual winners and the second-placed Porsche of the Manthey team. Final stint driver Lamyeventually brought the no. 42 car home in fifth, while Adorf secured another podium for the no. 43 BMW M3 GT, crossing the line in third.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “We were able to make full use of Friday’s test session and today’s race to develop our BMW M3 GT cars further. For instance, we did a lot of tyre testing and tried out various set-up options. The podium finish is a nice reward for the team’s hard work. The reliability of our cars looks very promising. We are going in the right direction.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 43): “This has been a great weekend. Following the tests and today’s race I feel really comfortable on the Nordschleife. The pace of the car was good, and we were able to try a lot of things. Lots of fans were out there today, and the atmosphere was, once again, fantastic.”

Dirk Werner (Car number 43): “From 16th on the grid, you always need to make sure to first of all make it safely through the hectic starting phase. We achieved this, and I’m really happy to be on the podium. When everybody had found their rhythm, I managed to gain some positions. The BMW M3 GT ran flawlessly and the Dunlop tyres worked very well.”

Dirk Adorf (Car number 43): “I’m really happy that I stood on the podium so soon after my first VLN race this year. During the final laps, the Mercedes got closer and closer, and I had to reach deep into the box of tricks to keep him behind me. This worked out fine. This was a great race in front of a great crowd.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 42): “The competition was stronger today than it had been in the VLN season opener. Nevertheless we managed to battle it out with our rivals at the top of the field. With every lap of the Nordschleife we learn and improve. This is very important in this phase of the season. It’s great for the many BMW fans here that our team-mates made it onto the podium.”

Jörg Müller (Car number 42): “My stint was good. The BMW M3 GT ran like clockwork, and we didn’t have any technical issues whatsoever. It’s always great to race at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, but today the atmosphere was outstanding. This was the perfect proof of why the VLN series is so popular with the fans.”

Pedro Lamy (Car number 42): “It’s not easy to start such a race right in the middle of the pack. But I found my rhythm quickly and was able to pass several cars. Again we learned a lot in this race. For me personally it was nice to make my return to the Nordschleife. I like this track very much.”

BMW Power
16-05-11, 14:42
BMW Motorsport on the podium again at the Nürburgring, heavy accident for Priaulx.

14.05.2011 BMW
Press Release

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/may/bmw_motorsport_on_the_podium_again/775598-1-ger-DE/bmw_motorsport_on_the_podium_again_news_detail.jpg

Nürburgring, 14th May 2011. In a dramatic third round of the VLN Endurance Championship at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE), BMW Motorsport scored another top three finish. After 40 laps and a race time of over six hours, Augusto Farfus (BR), Jörg Müller (DE) and Pedro Lamy (PT) came third with the no. 42 BMW M3 GT. The second car (number 43), driven by Andy Priaulx (GB), Dirk Müller (DE) and Dirk Adorf (DE), retired following an accident with just one hour to go. Priaulx hit the barriers at high speed in the “Brünnchen” section. The driver from Guernsey returned to the team following a routine medical check-up in Adenau (DE) hospital. Ferrari’s Marco Seefried (DE), Jaime Melo (BR) and Dominik Farnbacher (DE) claimed victory in the “Green Hell”.

On their way to securing their third podium in the third VLN race of the year, team manager Charly Lamm’s squad faced several challenges. Rain showers demanded maximum concentration from the drivers, while the pit crew proved its worth during a quick repair stop for car number 43. After two hours, all cars running in the top-ten – among them both BMW M3 GT cars – lost a lap, as the race director decided all of them had committed an infringement of the yellow flag rule. However, the drivers of car number 42 fought their way back up, with final-stint driver Lamy ultimately crossing the line in third.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “The most important thing is that Andy Priaulx is okay following his accident in the no. 43 car. The BMW M3 GT car number 42 had no problems whatsoever, scoring another podium for our team here at the Nürburgring. In the early stages of the race, the front-runners lost a lap, as they went through a so-called intervention zone too quickly, according to race control. We need to accept this decision. Car number 43 was hit when lapping a slower car, which saw the rear tie rod damaged, so we had to change it. Following Andy’s accident in the Brünnchen section, the car retired with one lap to go. The reason for this was a failure somewhere in the area of the rear suspension, which we will now examine in detail.”

Jörg Müller (Car number 42): “The start went well, I managed to find my rhythm in the ranks of the top ten.. This was a nice and big group, and no-one really managed to pull away. It was a pity we all lost a lap. For my second turn we opted for a different tyre compound to make some comparisons. But then the rain came. I came back in quite early to change to cut slicks. Technically the car ran flawlessly, and the Dunlop tyres also worked really well.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 42): “I’m quite happy with my middle stint, as I managed to gain lots of places – and that’s always big fun at the Nordschleife. In addition, I got some laps in the wet, which is a useful experience. The BMW M3 GT once more was great. We can therefore draw a very positive conclusion after our three starts in the VLN.”

Pedro Lamy (Car number 42): “I had a trouble-free stint, and conditions were mostly dry. Third place is a good result. But again we saw that the competition is very strong this year. As that’s no big news for us, we only look on ourselves. Our car is very strong.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 43): “For the first time ever I was in the car for the race start at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. This was exciting, as it was close. It’s hard to tell where exactly the leading group was running too quickly. If you are part of a big bunch of cars, you always adjust your speed according to the cars ahead of you. After my car was hit at the right rear, the team decided to take no risks and changed the tie rod. Andy’s accident looked spectacular. Fortunately he is okay.”

Dirk Adorf (Car number 43): “I went out on slicks, although the track was damp in some parts. But it really went well, and the Dunlop tyres kept their temperatures in the wet. As the track dried out, I managed to keep at a very consistent pace. We didn’t have any problems, and I was involved in a nice fight with the Ferrari. The main thing is that Andy is fine.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 43): “I’m okay. The impact was quite heavy, but apart from a few bruises everything is okay. I will relax for a few days, and then get back into action. Exiting Brünnchen I lost control of the car and spun. Then I hit the barriers at high speed. We will now carefully look at the data to find out what exactly happened. I couldn’t do anything to avoid it.”

EVANGELOS
16-05-11, 18:43
λες να αλλάξει μετά από αυτά και το focus της εταιρίας ??? ... μακάρι να δούμε ελαφρύτερα Μ (παραγωγής) στο μέλλον με "γονίδια" από το GT2 !!!