PDA

ÅðéóôñïöÞ óôï Forum : Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) 2011

BMW Power
16-05-11, 14:04
BMW claims one-two in Sebring and kicks of 2011 season in style.

20.03.2011 BMW
Press Release

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/march/bmw_claims_one_two_in_sebring/492714-1-ger-DE/bmw_claims_one_two_in_sebring_news_detail.jpg

Sebring, 19th March 2011. Perfect start to the season for BMW Team RLL in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS): The no. 56 BMW M3 GT, driven by Dirk Müller (DE), Joey Hand (US) and Andy Priaulx (GB) claimed GT victory in the 12-hour race in Sebring (US) after 312 laps. Dirk Werner (DE), Bill Auberlen (US) and Augusto Farfus (BR) came second with the no. 55 BMW M3 GT, making it a clean sweep for BMW Motorsport in this classic endurance race.

With this strong result, the BMW drivers scored valuable points for two championships. The race at the “Sebring International Raceway” not only counts towards the American Le Mans Series, but also the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup.

For BMW Team RLL, last season¢s ALMS 2010 GT Team and Manufacturer champions, this is their third ALMS win after scoring back-to-back victories in Road America (US) in 2009 and 2010. Now the Bobby Rahal (US) led squad celebrated its maiden triumph in Sebring. The latest class win for the BMW M3 at this event dates back to 1998, when Boris Said (US) and Bill Auberlen won the GT-3 category. In the following year, BMW Motorsport secured the overall win with the BMW V12 LMR.

Over the entire 2011 race at the 3.7-mile circuit, the two BMW M3 GT cars were involved in thrilling fights with the opposition. The lead changed countless times, and the field was brought together again and again during nine full-course yellows. Ultimately the BMW Team RLL combination of a perfectly reliable car, strong drivers, good strategy, excellent Dunlop tyres and flawless pit stops proved to be invincible. The two newly constructed BMW M3 GT racing cars completed the marathon in Florida without technical problems, passing their first major test with flying colours.

BMW Team RLL will try to build on this success in the second round of the American Le Mans Series which will be staged at Long Beach (US) on 16th April 2011. In the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup BMW Team Schnitzer will be in action for the first time this year at the 1,000-kilometre race in Spa-Francorchamps (BE) on 7th May 2011.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director): “This was a perfect start for us in the 2011 ALMS season. We won in a very hard-fought race against very strong competitors and celebrated a fantastic one-two with our BMW M3 GT cars. A big compliment not only goes to our drivers but also to the development team in Munich and BMW Team RLL. Everyone did a great job here in Sebring, from the first to the last pit stop.”

Bobby Rahal (Team Principal): “I have won this race as a driver and now also as a team owner. This certainly is a great honour. The drivers and the team worked exceptionally well, the Dunlop tyres were excellent and the cars really didn¢t miss a beat. This is a great start to our season.”

Dirk Müller (Car number 56): “I¢m incredibly happy now. It¢s never easy to win a 12-hour race, but today it was extra tough. Over the entire race we were among the front-runners and believed in our chance. This victory is the perfect for reward for all the hard work which was put in by BMW Motorsport and BMW Team RLL over the winter.”

Joey Hand (Car number 56): “I came to Sebring with a really good feeling that we could win this – and now it really worked out. The victory belongs to everyone in BMW Team RLL. In the off-season the guys built two brand-new BMW M3 GT cars that worked well from the word go. I also want to say thank you to Dunlop. The tyres played an important part today and we had this advantage on our side.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): “What a great result. The team did a flawless job and didn¢t make a single mistake over the 12 hours. Following our bad luck in the first stint, we managed to work our way up front. Our team-mates would have also deserved victory. But I think that we can all be very happy with this one-two.”

Dirk Werner (Car number 55): “This really was a great race. I¢m satisfied with second place and this fantastic overall result. The points we were able to score today, will be very valuable over the course of the ALMS season. Ahead of this race we were really confident to be competitive, but this one-two comes as a nice surprise to all of us.”

Bill Auberlen (Car number 55): “For the team and BMW Motorsport this certainly is a dream result. As a driver you always want to make it to the top step of the podium, but overall I only take positive impressions away from this race. The next ALMS event will in my backyard Long Beach. We now know exactly how strong we are, and I will again push hard there.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): “Racing here in Sebring was a great experience. The BMW M3 GT showed a strong pace, which makes me very optimistic for the coming races in Europe. We suffered a dose of bad luck on several occasions during the race. Nevertheless I really enjoyed every stint. I did one of my first tests with the BMW M3 here in Sebring. To come back and make it on the podium is fantastic.”

BMW Power
29-06-11, 12:47
Priaulx and Alzen score podium result for BMW in Spa.

The second round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) again saw a BMW M3 GT finishing in the top three of the GTE Pro class on Saturday. Andy Priaulx and Uwe Alzen claimed third for BMW Team Schnitzer in Spa-Francorchamps.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/may/priaulx_und_alzen_fahren_fuer_bmw_in_spa_auf_das_p odium/596164-1-ger-DE/priaulx_und_alzen_fahren_fuer_bmw_in_spa_auf_das_p odium_news_detail.jpg

After six hours and 144 laps, final-stint driver Alzen crossed the line just 13.114 seconds behind the winning Ferrari. The no. 55 BMW M3 GT, driven by Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller, finished fourth in this hard-fought category.

The 1,000-kilometre race at the “Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps” was a turbulent affair, entertaining over 30,000 fans with numerous overtaking manoeuvres and incidents. Thanks to the strong team result, BMW successfully defended the lead in the GTE Manufacturer classification of the ILMC and now has 49 points to its tally. BMW Motorsport ranks second in the team standings with 26 points, just one point behind AF Corse. BMW Team RLL had kicked off the season in style, scoring a one-two at the season opener in Sebring.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “Overall we are satisfied with our weekend here in Spa-Francorchamps. Both BMW M3 GTs completed the six hours without any technical problems, one car made it onto the podium in the GTE Pro class. We will carefully examine why we didn¢t quite match the pace of the front-runners today. During a pit stop for car number 55 we had a problem with the fuel rig, Uwe Alzen lost a bit of time due to a slow puncture on the number 56 car. However, this race definitely was a positive test for the Le Mans 24 Hours.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): “It¢s great to back on the podium in the second ILMC round following our one-two in Sebring. It was a tough race, but we managed to get the maximum out of it. The whole team did a good job, so we were able to complete our dress rehearsal for Le Mans with a positive outcome.”

Uwe Alzen (Car number 56): “This really was an exciting race – right until the very last lap. Had the race gone just one more lap, we could have even scored a better result. Towards the end I rapidly reduced the gap to the second-placed car. But the podium finish is okay. It was good fun teaming up with Andy this weekend.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): “All in all it was a positive weekend for us. Our pace was consistent, and we kept in touch with the leaders throughout the race. Now we are looking forward to the highlight of the season in Le Mans. We will try to improve our package up to then, and should be well-prepared.”

Jörg Müller (Car number 55): “Although not everything went according to plan today, we managed to come home fourth in the GTE Pro category. The competition was very strong, and we have some work ahead of us so we can be strong at Le Mans. A lot of things were happening on the track, there were many incidents. Our car, however, ran absolutely flawlessly. We can build on this reliability.”

BMW Power
29-06-11, 12:48
BMW aims to continue its run of podium places.

This weekend sees BMW Team Schnitzer head for yet another endurance event after enjoying little respite since its successful campaign and second place in the Nürburgring 24 Hours. The team will contest the fourth round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) on the “Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari” in Imola.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/bmw_aims_to_continue_its_run_of_podium_places/1038662-1-ger-DE/bmw_aims_to_continue_its_run_of_podium_places_news _detail.jpg

After its one-two in the GT class in Sebring and podium places in Spa-Francorchamps and Le Mans, the team travels to Italy with 72 points scored and the lead in the LM GTE manufacturers¢ standings. In the teams¢ classification BMW Motorsport has 49 points, just four adrift of category leader AF Corse (53).

At Imola Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller will rotate driving duties at the wheel of the number 55 BMW M3 GT. The sister number 56 car will be driven by Dirk Werner, substituting for regular ILMC driver Andy Priaulx, and Pedro Lamy. The six-hour race starts at 12:00hrs on Sunday.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “After our two 24-hour races in Le Mans and at the Nürburgring, Imola presents our next challenge. There are some valuable ILMC overall classification points to be scored. So far this year our team has always finished on the podium, and we aim to continue this run. Imola is one of the sport¢s classic circuits, and has lost none of its challenges through the latest changes to the track layout. Our team has raced there a lot, and we are looking forward to the event.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55): “The last time I raced in Imola was two years ago, when a WTCC event was held at this classic track. Obviously it will be something completely different to go back there with a car like the BMW M3 GT. I love Italy. This is where I spent my first years as a racing driver in Europe. After the Nürburgring 24 Hours it's nice to have the next challenge just around the corner.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55): “We have not managed to get much rest, but for us drivers that is fantastic. Every lap in the BMW M3 GT is a pleasure. After our second place at the Nürburgring, I naturally hope that Italy brings another strong result. After all, we intend consolidating BMW¢s position in the manufacturers¢ classification, and taking the lead in the teams¢ championship. These six hours will be exciting.”

Dirk Werner (car number 56): “We certainly cannot complain about a lack of seat time. I am extremely pleased to be racing competitively so soon after the disappointments of the Nürburgring. The signs are good. Our results in the ILMC to date have been strong. I hope Andy returns soon, and I wish him a fast convalescence.”

Pedro Lamy (car number 56): “I'm excited about my first ILMC appearance with BMW. The BMW M3 GT is a great car, as shown in last weekend's Nürburgring 24 Hours. It's been a while since I last raced in Imola. But I like this track a lot. I will be a thrilling six-hour race, for sure.”

BMW Power
03-07-11, 08:21
Strong qualifying in Imola.

BMW Team Schnitzer secured the perfect starting positions for Sunday¢s six-hour race in Imola: Jörg Müller set a best time of 1:44.468 minutes at the wheel of the no. 55 BMW M3 GT, meaning pole position in the GTE class for round four of the ILMC. Dirk Werner was just 0.215 seconds slower than his team-mate in car number 56.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/strong_qualifying_in_imola/1043981-1-ger-DE/strong_qualifying_in_imola_news_detail.jpg

With sunny and warm conditions, both BMW drivers waited a few minutes before joining the qualifying action at the “Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari”. Müller just needed one outing and two flying laps, before he had a firm hold on pole position. On Sunday he will share the wheel of the BMW M3 GT with Augusto Farfus. Werner, who will be alternating with Pedro Lamy, completed a total of five laps and managed to improve consistently. His fifth and final lap was his quickest. The race at the 4.909-kilometre circuit will get underway on Sunday at 12:00hrs local time.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “We knew before the start of the Imola weekend that generally we should be competitive on our return to the ILMC, but we didn¢t necessarily expect to lock out the front row here. Both drivers did a superb job. The same goes for the Dunlop tyres that performed extremely well in the hot conditions we faced today. I¢m especially happy for the guys in the team. They have worked so hard over the past days and weeks. We will enjoy this strong qualifying result for a few minutes, before focussing on our race preparations again.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55): “The field is also extremely close together here in Imola. The top nine cars are covered by one second. This makes it even nicer that we managed to put both BMW M3 GT cars on the front row. On this track it¢s crucial to get a clear lap in qualifying. This worked out straight away. Tomorrow it¢s expected to be really hot, and this should play into our cars¢ strengths. But you never know what happens during such a long and tough race. After the 24-hour classics in Le Mans and at the Nürburgring, however, I don¢t expect major surprises for us.”

Dirk Werner (car number 56): “This result proves that we are in a good shape for this race in Imola. Jörg Müller was a bit quicker than me today. This gives me extra motivation to turn things round in tomorrow¢s race. It¢s a great feeling to be up there with both cars. The Dunlop tyres had hardly any wear, so I was even able to push and improve towards the end of my turn.”

BMW Power
03-07-11, 08:21
Live Timing (http://www.lemans.org/en/races/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/6-hours-of-imola/live-timing.html)

Watch Live (http://www.fromsportcom.com/c-10.html) Copyright Montoya!!!!

BMW Power
04-07-11, 09:05
Third place despite difficult race.

BMW Team Schnitzer scored another podium in the GTE Pro class of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup on Sunday: Although the six-hour race in Imola didn¢t go according to plan, Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller drove their no. 55 BMW M3 GT home in third.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/third_place_despite_difficult_race/1046441-1-ger-DE/third_place_despite_difficult_race_news_detail.jpg

The second number 56 car and drivers Dirk Werner and Pedro Lamy crossed the line in eighth, following a technical problem and a long stop for repairs. Ferrari¢s Jaime Melo and Toni Vilander secured victory at the “Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari”.

Over majority of the race the BMW drivers were in full control. With sunshine and temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius, starting stint drivers Müller and Werner successfully defended first and second, which BMW Team Schnitzer had achieved in qualifying, in the opening stages of the endurance race. However, then bad luck struck in various ways. Car number 56 was knocked back by a problem with the air conditioning. This device is responsible for keeping the cockpit temperature below 32 degrees Celsius, as stipulated in the regulations. Initially the BMW M3 GT dropped back from second to fourth before the malfunctioning air conditioning had to be repaired, resulting in a loss of almost half an hour. Better than eighth was impossible for Werner and Lamy to achieve.

The no. 55 car led the pack for most of the race, but also suffered a dose of bad luck. As early as the opening stage the radio had stopped working. Just when the crew was busy repairing the sister car, Müller had to pit on lap 159. Due to a collision with a prototype, the valve of the right front tyre was damaged. As Müller couldn¢t let the team know that he was heading into the pits, the mechanics didn¢t have time to make the necessary preparations stipulated in the regulations for the stop. Therefore, the Race Director decided to give the car a one-minute stop-and-go penalty. Müller lost the lead and ultimately took the chequered flag in third.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “There are two positive facts that we should take back home from Imola: The performance of our two BMW M3 GT cars was excellent. In addition, I want to pay a compliment to Dunlop. We had very strong tyres in what was the first real hot race of the season. The no. 55 BMW M3 GT was in the lead for long parts of the race. However, we had lost the radio connection and couldn¢t communicate with the drivers. Jörg Müller came into the pits at short notice following an incident with a prototype and was unable to give us an advance warning. The team was working on the damaged air conditioning of car number 56. So the fire extinguisher wasn¢t in the right place when Jörg came in. This was the reason for the penalty which threw us back to third. The other car battled it out on the front for a long while, before the problem with the air conditioning occurred.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55): “We proved again in this race that we can really push with the BMW M3 GT. Unfortunately this wasn¢t enough today to secure victory. I think this is what you call a chain reaction. Nevertheless, we should focus on the positives. The car is great, and with temperatures as high as today, the Dunlop tyres perform even better.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55): “We had the chance to win this race. But that¢s racing. Many small things added up to a big problem, so we had to make do with third. As the radio wasn¢t working, I couldn¢t let the crew know that I needed to come into the pits. This then indirectly caused the penalty. Apart from that, the BMW M3 GT was fantastic today, and the tyres worked perfectly. Bearing this in mind, today¢s result is a big disappointment.”

Dirk Werner (car number 56): “It¢s always disappointing if you are running in such a good position and then drop back due to a problem. The team tried everything to fix it, but repairing the air conditioning in a race car is a complicated and time-consuming affair. That¢s why we are leaving Imola empty-handed.”

Pedro Lamy (car number 56): “This result doesn¢t relate to the performance of the car. The air conditioning problem had hampered our progress even before the long repair stop. The team changed the passenger door, in order to improve the cooling in the car. But in the end the long repair was not avoidable.”

BMW Power
04-07-11, 09:12
Imola

Qualifying

Pos. Driver Car
1. Farfus/J.Müller BMW M3 GT
2. Werner/Lamy BMW M3 GT
3. Melo/Vilander Ferrari F458 Italia
4. Ortelli/Makowiecki Ferrari F458 Italia
5. Bell/Walker Ferrari F458 Italia
6. Lieb/Lietz Porsche 911 RSR (997)
7. Fisichella/Bruni Ferrari F458 Italia
8. Farnbacher/Simonsen Ferrari F458 Italia
9. Pilet/Henzler Porsche 911 RSR (997)
10. Long/Roda Porsche 911 RSR (997)

Race

Pos. Driver Car Laps
1. Melo/Vilander Ferrari F458 Italia 198
2. Fisichella/Bruni Ferrari F458 Italia 197
3. Farfus/J.Müller BMW M3 GT 197
4. Lieb/Lietz Porsche 911 RSR (997) 196
5. Pilet/Henzler Porsche 911 RSR (997) 196
6. Goossens/Holzer Porsche 911 RSR (997) 191
7. Dolan/Hancock Aston Martin Vantage 191
8. Werner/Lamy BMW M3 GT 182

BMW Power
07-09-11, 14:08
Back to ILMC racing.

It is almost a year since the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) made its debut at the “Silverstone Circuit” – now BMW Motorsport returns to this iconic circuit for the fifth round of the 2011 season.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/back_to_ilmc_racing/1189943-1-eng-GB/back_to_ilmc_racing_news_detail.jpg

So far this year, the BMW M3 GT has finished on the podium in the LM GTE class at every ILMC race. In Sebring, it even achieved a one-two. BMW Team Schnitzer is charged with continuing this run of success at the 5.901-kilometre circuit in Northamptonshire.

Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller will contest the six-hour race on Sunday, which forms part of the Le Mans Series, in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT. Andy Priaulx and Uwe Alzen will alternate behind the wheel of car number 56. This is Priaulx¢s first race since his successful thyroid operation in June.

BMW is well positioned in both the manufacturers¢ and team classifications going into the race at Silverstone. In the manufacturers¢ standings the brand lies second on 87 points behind Ferrari (98). The gap between BMW Motorsport and the leading AF Corse team in the LM GTE Pro team classification is just six points (68:62).

The race in Great Britain also sees the ILMC bid farewell to Europe. On 1st October BMW Team RLL will continue the fight for points at the “Petit Le Mans” in Road Atlanta, which forms part of the American Le Mans Series. The finale of the ILMC season takes place on 13th November in Zhuhai.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “That was a long break from racing. After the first half of the year, which was very intensive for us, we used the opportunity to recharge our batteries so that we can take as much momentum into the crucial phase of the ILMC as possible. We completed tyre tests with Dunlop – with very promising results. The BMW M3 GT has huge potential, which we are looking to convert into good results in the coming races. We are hoping to take the first step in this direction in Silverstone.”

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): “Silverstone concludes a long break without racing - and it's about time to get started again. It will be exciting to see what the balance of power will be like in Silverstone, as I'm convinced that no single team in the ILMC has been lazy over the past weeks, but have tried to find significant improvements to their cars.”

Jörg Müller (Car number 55): “For various reasons, we have not always been able to achieve the best possible result at the previous ILMC races in Europe. Despite this, we are still in a very promising position in the championship. It goes without saying that we are hungry for another good result in Silverstone.”

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): “I cannot wait for my first race since the Le Mans 24 Hours. I have enjoyed being back behind the wheel again doing the DTM testing and I am now back to full fitness after the operation. However, racing is always what a driver wants to do and it is a very different matter. I have missed the competitive side of the sport in these last three months and now I can¢t wait to get back in the BMW M3 GT at Silverstone. I can think of no better place to start racing again than my home event at one of my favourite tracks.”

Uwe Alzen (Car number 56): “Silverstone is pure tradition. The circuit is also very challenging following the modifications. I have really missed racing in the BMW M3 GT. It is, and always will be, a fantastic car. Our goal is to score as many points as possible and to put ourselves in a good position ahead of Road Atlanta and Zhuhai.”

BMW Power
09-09-11, 14:44
Six hours of Silverstone

Live Timing (http://www.lemans.org/en/races/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/6-hours-of-silverstone/live-timing.html)

BMW Power
11-09-11, 11:20
Qualifying (http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2011/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/epreuves/6h_silverstone/classification/6_hours_of_silverstone_qualifying_practice.pdf)

Farfus on pole, Priaulx comes second.

Strong qualifying for BMW Motorsport at the classic “Silverstone Circuit”: The squad secured GTE class pole position and second on the grid for Sunday¢s six-hour race, round five of the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/farfus_on_pole_priaulx_comes_second/1214285-1-eng-GB/farfus_on_pole_priaulx_comes_second_news_detail.jp g

Augusto Farfus put the no. 55 BMW M3 GT on pole, setting a time of 2:01.768 minutes. His team-mate and local hero, Andy Priaulx, was just 0.328 seconds slower, claiming second on the grid.

Despite dark clouds and the threat of rain, BMW Team Schnitzer opted to wait before going out for its first and only run. With about eight minutes to go Farfus took to the track to start his flying lap. The Brazilian made full use of the additional rubber laid down by the other cars before securing pole position. Shortly afterwards Priaulx commenced his flyer. The triple world touring car champion lost some time when he hit traffic, but still his lap was good enough for a strong second place.

At Silverstone Farfus shares the wheel of the BMW M3 GT with Jörg Müller. Priaulx will join forces with Uwe Alzen in Sunday¢s race, which gets underway at 11:35hrs local time.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “This has been a strong performance from Augusto and Andy. This qualifying was the first test of strength following the long break – and we are on P1 and P2. In Imola we were really competitive. It¢s great that we seem to be able to continue this trend here. We waited several minutes before joining the action, while most of our competitors were already out on the track. Some of them might have lost some time during a yellow. Fortunately it remained dry, so our drivers could set their impressive times. The forecast says changeable weather conditions for tomorrow, so it¢s likely to rain. Therefore we need to do some intensive preparations in order to have the right set-up ready for whatever happens.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55): “We knew that our car would be quick in qualifying after we did a lot of work yesterday to get the balance perfectly right. We did it! The forecast said no rain for qualifying, so we waited quite a while – and the track conditions got better and better. We went out at the right moment, and this strategy was excellent. It feels great to be on pole again.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56): “I am really happy with that, but a bit frustrated that I was baulked on my fastest lap by traffic. However, to be on the front row with the other BMW M3 GT car is great. The car has a good potential and we all feel confident for tomorrow, but in a six-hour race anything can happen.”

BMW Power
12-09-11, 10:55
Difficult ILMC race at Silverstone.

The fifth round of the 2011 ILMC at Silverstone did not run according to plan for BMW Motorsport. After six hours, Andy Priaulx and Uwe Alzen finished fourth in the GTE class, driving the no. 56 BMW M3 GT. The no. 55 car, driven by Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller, crossed the line in sixth.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/september/difficult_ilmc_race_at_silverstone/1216521-1-eng-GB/difficult_ilmc_race_at_silverstone_news_detail.jpg

Both BMW M3 GT cars started from the first row of the grid, but lost time in the early stages of the race. The starting drivers Priaulx and Farfus reported a lack of grip and dropped back in the classification. On top of that, Farfus experienced bad luck after approximately 50 minutes, as during a safety-car phase the second safety-car joined the track directly in front of him, cutting the Brazilian off from the leading group of the GTE class. Priaulx had to pit for an unscheduled stop, which also resulted in a bigger gap to the front-runners.

As the six-hour race developed, the BMW drivers were then able to raise their game, building on their strong qualifying performance. They consistently put in competitive lap times and made up lost ground lap by lap. As the chequered flag came out final stint drivers Alzen and Müller were back in fourth and sixth.

Two more ILMC rounds are scheduled for the rest of the season: On 1st October BMW Team RLL will not only fight for more ILMC points at the annual “Petit Le Mans” held at Road Atlanta, but also have their eyes on winning the American Le Mans Series GT titles. The ILMC season will then be concluded at the “Zhuhai International Circuit” in China on 13th November, with BMW Team Schnitzer again being in charge of fielding the two BMW M3 GT cars.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “Obviously you can¢t be satisfied when you start a race from the first row and finish fourth and sixth. In today¢s quite cool conditions we were struggling to find the grip we needed. Due to this we lost a lot of time, especially in the first two stints. Over the course of the race we got back into our rhythm, but by this time the gap to the front-runners was already too big. The only safety-car phase of the race turned out unfortunate for the no. 55 car. With the number 56 car we had to do an unscheduled stop.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56): “I think today we got the maximum out of a difficult race. It would have been nice to finish my comeback in the BMW M3 GT on the podium – especially here in Silverstone - but fourth was all we could do today. In the beginning, it was not easy to get the maximum out of our tyres. However, then it got better and better, and during my second stint I had a really good feeling for the car. Unfortunately it was too late to fight for top positions.”

Uwe Alzen (car number 56): “Unfortunately the grip level dropped dramatically after the first few laps. Then we managed to get over this issue and were able to start a fight back. Overall the BMW M3 GT worked very well here once again, and we were able to prove this at various stages of the race. If we would not have had the issues in the beginning of the race, the podium would have been possible, but now we have to be satisfied with the thankless fourth place.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55): “In the beginning we had no grip, and on top of that we had the bad luck during the safety car period. Normally our strategy would have worked out, but then the safety-car joined the track directly in front of me. When you lose so many positions there is not a lot you can do, but we were fighting hard and everybody in the team gave his best.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55): “It is certainly a shame that we lost so much time due to the safety-car phase. Six hours is a long time, but it is really difficult to bridge such a big gap in this really close field. After the difficult start we found a good rhythm, but then it just wasn¢t possible to achieve more than P6.”

BMW Power
12-09-11, 11:00
1. Fisichella/Bruni Ferrari F458 Italia
2. Ortelli/Makowiecki Ferrari F458 Italia
3. Lieb/Lietz Porsche 911 RSR (997)
4. Priaulx/Alzen BMW M3 GT
5. Goossens/Holzer Porsche 911 RSR (997)
6. Farfus/Müller BMW M3 GT
7. Pilet/Henzler Porsche 911 RSR (997)
8. Farnbacher/Simonsen Ferrari F458 Italia
9. Bell/Walker Ferrari F458 Italia
10. Beltoise/Jakubowski/Marroc Ferrari F458 Italia

In LM GTE Pro, Ferrari made a big step towards winning the 2011 ILMC Manufacturers¢ title thanks to Fisichella/Bruni¢s second victory of the year in their F458 Italia in front of another Ferrari Italia entered by Luxury Racing and driven by Ortelli/Mackowiecki. This is the third success of the season for the works Ferraris entered by AF Corse. The BMWs were very quick in practice, but they failed to make a big impact in the race and like Audi must fight back in the next round. 20 points separate the two manufacturers at the top of the GTE Pro classification.

Manufacturers
LM GTE :
1. Ferrari, 128 pts
2. BMW, 108
3. Porsche, 84
4. Corvette, 75
5. Aston Martin, 12
6. Lotus : 10

Teams
LM GTE Pro :
1. AF Corse, 83 pts (Ferrari 458)
2. BMW Motorsport, 74
3. Luxury Racing, 20 (Ferrari 458)
4. Lotus Jetalliance, 17

BMW Power
02-10-11, 08:15
ÊáôÜôáîç êáôáóêåõáóôþí ìåôÜ ôï Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta (http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2011/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/classement_ilmc_2011.pdf)

ÊáôÜôáîç ïìÜäùí (http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2011/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/classement_ilmc_team_2011.pdf)

BMW Power
09-11-11, 13:39
BMW Motorsport fully prepared for ILMC finale in Zhuhai.

At the end of an arduous yet successful 2011 motorsport season BMW Motorsport travels to China for Sunday¢s (13th November) final round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) at the Zhuhai International Circuit. Once again, BMW Team Schnitzer has responsibility for both BMW M3 GTs entered in the six-hour race, with the car bearing start number 55 being in the hands of Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller, and Andy Priaulx and Uwe Alzen rotating driving duties in the number 56 sister entry.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_fully_prepared_for_ilmc_finale_in_z huhai/1582395-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_fully_prepared_for_ilmc_finale_in_z huhai_news_detail.jpg

The 4,030-kilometre Zhuhai circuit has proven a successful arena for BMW Motorsport: In last year¢s ILMC finale Müller and Dirk Werner clinched the LMGT2 class victory with a BMW M3 GT2. This represented the first triumph for the BMW M3 GT2 in this specification, simultaneously marking BMW Team Schnitzer¢s maiden victory on the Chinese mainland.

In 2011 BMW Motorsport is contesting the ILMC¢s newly-introduced GTE class with the BMW M3 GT, immediately scoring a one-two in the season opener in Sebring. In the six ILMC races held to date BMW Motorsport has scored a total of six podium places, the last one in the Petit Le Mans at the beginning of October. This event doubled as the final round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), in which BMW and the BMW M3 GT made a clean sweep of the Drivers¢, Manufacturers¢ and Teams¢ Championships. Going to the ILMC season finale in China, BMW (123 points) occupies second place behind Ferrari (151) in the manufacturers¢ category of the GTE class. In the Teams¢ Championship the deficit between BMW Motorsport and leader AF Corse is 14 points (85:99). Therefore BMW holds a mathematical chance of winning the titles in both categories.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): "We are travelling to Zhuhai with very good memories. Last year we had a very strong overall package, and I am convinced this will be the case again this year. 2011 has proven extremely successful for BMW Motorsport, and our aim is to end the season in China accordingly. A top result in Zhuhai would be a fitting reward for all the hard work the entire team has put in this year. Now we are looking forward to China, and an exciting, long race during which a lot can happen, as we saw last year. However, we are fully prepared."

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): "I am looking forward to travelling overseas and experiencing a new circuit. Last year BMW was very successful in Zhuhai, so we hope to end this season on a high and with a victory. The track is new for me, but we can practice all day on Wednesday, so I have plenty of time to learn the circuit and be spot-on for the race. Jörg won the race last year, so I am looking forward to sharing the car with him. I think we have a good and strong package, and I know that the track suits the M3 very well."

Jörg Müller (Car number 55): "I am looking forward to competing with the BMW M3 GT again, as the break since my last race in Silverstone has been a bit too long. In addition I am particularly looking forward to China, as the Zhuhai circuits plays to the strengths of our M3. There a car needs to have very good braking characteristics, which the BMW has. Last year we were extremely strong there. I am convinced we will be front-runners again, so with a chance of victory."

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): "It is my first time at Zhuhai. I have not driven the track before, but I drove it on a simulator in preparation for the race. I am looking forward to it. I know it is quite a challenging track, and I think the GTE class will be extremely competitive. It should be a strong circuit for us, it was strong last year and we want to finish the season on a high. Our goal has to be to try and win the race."

Uwe Alzen (Car number 56): "I travel to China in an optimistic frame of mind. We aim to end the season there with a top result. My last race with BMW was the ILMC round in Silverstone. Unfortunately we did not make it to the podium there. However, I think the warm temperatures in China will work for us. In addition the team has a lot of experience from last year. Our aim is to win. We will see whether we manage that, but I believe we have a good chance."

BMW Power
13-11-11, 10:20
1-2 Victory for both Peugeot and BMW
13/11/201110h01 - Auto News - 6 HEURES DE ZHUHAI

Peugeot took a new victory in China after winning here last year. The 908 replaced the 908 HDi FAP with the same success. Peugeot has won all the races of the 2011 season of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup, with the notable exception of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The French team also won the titles ILMC Team and Manufacturer at Road Atlanta in October.

Anthony Davidson and Sebastien Bourdais (Peugeot #7) Montagny and Sarrazin (Peugeot #8), from the only surviving Audi R18, #1 of Timo Bernhard and Marcel Fässler. Having been set back a lap after contact early in the race with a GT. Allan McNish and Tom Kristensen had to retire with an electrical problem.

Victory of the Signatech Oreca-Nissan-Nissan in LM P2. The team from Bourges won the ILMC title at Petit Le Mans.

In LM GTE Pro, also 1-2 for BMW, the #55 t#56, and the #59 Ferrari Luxury Racing took third place.

Finally, LM GTE Am, Larbre Corvette who already took the ILMC title, and despite the reinforcement of Olivier Beretta, Corvette factory driver, the French team took second place, behind the #63 Porsche Proton.

BMW Power
13-11-11, 13:23
ILMC 2011 final clasification (http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2011/intercontinental-le-mans-cup/classement_ilmc_2011.pdf)

BMW Power
18-11-11, 15:11
BMW Motorsport celebrates one-two at ILMC finale in Zhuhai.

BMW Motorsport ended the 2011 motorsport season in style with a one-two victory, and now heads into the winter in good spirits. Jörg Müller and Augusto Farfus won the GTE class at the final round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup in Zhuhai. The pair in the number 55 BMW M3 GT had already secured pole position for the six-hour race. Their team-mates, Andy Priaulx and Uwe Alzen, in car number 56 finished runners-up in the GTE class to complete the one-two for BMW Motorsport and BMW Team Schnitzer, who was responsible for running the two BMW M3 GT cars in Zhuhai.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai/1588236-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai_news_detail.jpg

In the GTE Manufacturers¢ Championship, BMW ended the 2011 ILMC season in second place behind Ferrari (171 points) on 152 points. BMW Motorsport also finished runner-up in the team competition. The gap to the winning AF Corse team was just seven points (101:108). BMW claimed an impressive eight podium finishes at the seven races held in the 2011 ILMC season. These included a brace of one-twos – at the curtain-raiser in Sebring and now at the finale in Zhuhai.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): "The one-two is a great way to end the season. After our win in 2010, we have once again proven that Zhuhai is a happy stomping ground for the BMW M3 GT. The entire weekend ran smoothly for us. The cars were prepared perfectly and the tyres worked well in the warm conditions. The four drivers also did an outstanding job all weekend. Everything fell into place. That is what allowed us to secure the one-two in style, even though the race was not entirely without its difficulties for us. It was another great success for BMW and the team."

Augusto Farfus (Car number 55): "It is great to end the season on a high. It was nice that we could once again show what we are capable of. I have to thank my team mate Jörg who did a brilliant job all through the weekend, and also BMW. We could have achieved even more results like this during this season, but unfortunately sometimes the luck was not on our side. This weekend everything ran really smoothly and we were able to show the real performance of our M3. A big thank you for this also goes to BMW Team Schnitzer, who once again did a perfect job."

Jörg Müller (Car number 55): "It was a great weekend – the trip to China was certainly worth the effort! Coming into the weekend we already knew that the circuit suits our M3 and that the tyres work very well here. The race was not entirely without its problems, and we did drop a place. However, we were able to fight our way back to the front and emerge victorious to round off a perfect weekend. To end the season with a win is all you can possibly wish for."

Andy Priaulx (Car number 56): "I enjoyed that race and what a great way to finish the season. Congratulations to BMW and the team for a great one-two. As usual the car performed perfectly."

Uwe Alzen (Car number 56): "It was a perfect weekend for BMW. First and second place – it doesn't get better than that. Obviously Andy and I would have liked to have won, and we actually led for a while. However, fortune was not on our side and we dropped back a place. We were able to hold on to second place, and it is always nice to stand on the podium."

BMW Power
18-11-11, 15:12
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai/1588237-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai_news_detail.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai/1588235-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai_news_detail.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai/1588222-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai_news_detail.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/november/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai/1588234-1-eng-GB/bmw_motorsport_celebrates_one_two_at_ilmc_finale_i n_zhuhai_news_detail.jpg