PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : 24 Hour Races 2011

BMW Power
07-06-11, 10:10
BMW Motorsport opens Le Mans Week at the “Place des Jacobins”.

BMW Motorsport Press Release 06.06.2011

Le Mans, 6th June 2011. Normally the scrutineering of cars and driver registration ahead of a race meeting are two unspectacular events. However, that certainly does not apply to the 24 Hours of Le Mans (FR): Many fans from across the world were very eager to attend the formalities on Monday when Team BMW Motorsport presented its two BMW M3 GT cars for technical inspection and completed the so-called “Convocation” at the Place des Jacobins. These two activities traditionally open the programme ahead of the 24-hour race at the “Circuit de la Sarthe”, which starts on Saturday at 15:00hrs.

“This scrutineering is a great public event”, said Augusto Farfus (BR), who is contesting the endurance classic with Jörg Müller (DE) and Dirk Werner (DE) in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT. “We do this for the people, for the fans. And it’s definitely one of the reasons why the fans love Le Mans so much. This is one of the biggest races in the world, and public scrutineering is the perfect way to start proceedings.”

Andy Priaulx (GB), Dirk Müller (DE) and Joey Hand (US) will share car number 56. After scrutineering, the necessary driver formalities and obligatory team photograph Priaulx commented: “Le Mans is simply an amazing event, already from the Monday. Fans come from all over the world, the history of this place is unique. Events like this or Friday’s Driver Parade help to turn this race into a really big thing. It’s really exciting to be here again.”

On Tuesday the BMW driver line-up faces various briefings plus the official autograph signing session for the many fans who have flocked to the13.629-kilometre circuit to celebrate this unique motorsport festival. Wednesday at 16:00hrs will see both BMW M3 GT cars on the track for the first four-hour practice session, with the first qualifying session is scheduled for 22:00-24:00hrs that evening.

BMW Power
08-06-11, 10:33
All set for the classic: BMW Motorsport gearing up for this weekend’s Le Mans 24 Hours.

BMW Motorsport Press Release 08.06.2011

Le Mans, 8th June 2011. The countdown is on to one of the most important and iconic races in the world: On Wednesday Team BMW Motorsport will be on track for the first time as it prepares for the Le Mans 24 Hours (FR), which starts at 15:00hrs on Saturday.

Anticipation ahead of the endurance classic at the “Circuit de la Sarthe” is rising every day among the drivers and team members. This year’s race also forms part of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC). Following the one-two in the GT class at the 12-hour race in Sebring (US) and third at Spa-Francorchamps (BE), BMW Motorsport will go into the third round of the ILMC full of confidence.

However, team manager Charly Lamm’s (DE) team is expecting an exciting race. The field in the LM GTE class has great strength in depth, with a total of 28 cars racing in this category alone. The two BMW M3 GT cars will line up on Saturday with starting numbers 55 and 56.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager):“BMW Motorsport has made a good start to the ILMC season – and we obviously want to back that up in Le Mans. However, this event is not just any old race, but an absolute endurance classic. Le Mans has its own laws. We are well prepared, but there will be a few surprises again this year - as there are every year. This race has a very special appeal to everyone in the team.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55):“I am happy to be back again in Le Mans this year. We have a good car, with which we should be able to challenge for a top result. As a driver you enjoy every moment of this event, and the fans’ enthusiasm is unique.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55):“It poured down on Sunday. You can really do without that during the race here in Le Mans, so I hope the weather remains stable. This event is really like a magnet for the fans. That is why it is always so special to line up here.”

Dirk Werner (car number 55):“Following last year's misfortune, I have a score to settle with Le Mans. Even the official test day on this circuit was great fun. We are now well prepared going into the crucial phase.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56):“I think we should be much stronger this year than in 2010. The signs are good and our overall package is powerful. However, the same applies to our rivals. It will be a fantastic race.”

Dirk Müller (car number 56):“Last year I had the honour of driving the BMW M3 GT2 Art Car in Le Mans. Now we are back, and want to do better following the bad luck we had a year ago. Our victories in the American Le Mans Series have given me a lot of confidence going into the race.”

Joey Hand (car number 56):“Ever since I found out I would be racing in Le Mans, I have hardly been able to wait for the race to get started. The spectacle at this event is simply sensational. This year has already been fantastic for me, with victories in Daytona, Sebring and Long Beach. Long may it continue that way.”

Schedule for the 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours.

Wednesday, 8th June, 16:00 – 20:00: Free practice

Wednesday, 8th June, 22:00 – 24:00: Qualifying 1

Thursday, 9th June: Interview opportunity with BMW Motorsport Directors Mario Theissen and Jens Marquardt in BMW Motorsport Hospitality

In German: 14:00 – 14:25

In English: 14:25 – 14:50

Thursday, 9th June, 19:00 – 21:00: Qualifying 2

Thursday, 9th June, 22:00 – 24:00: Qualifying 3

Friday, 10th June, 10:00 – 10:30: Interview opportunity with Team Manager Charly Lamm in BMW Motorsport Hospitality

Friday, 10th June, 15:00 – 16:00: Interview opportunity with Augusto Farfus, Jörg Müller and Dirk Werner in BMW Motorsport Hospitality

Friday, 10th June, 16:00 – 17:00: Interview opportunity with Andy Priaulx, Dirk Müller and Joey Hand in BMW Motorsport Hospitality

Friday, 10th June, 18:00 – 20:00: Drivers’ parade in town centre

Saturday, 11th June, 09:00 – 09:45: Warm-up

Saturday, 11th June, 15:00: Start of Le Mans 24 Hours

Sunday, 12th June, 15:00: End of race

BMW Power
09-06-11, 08:26
Promising start for BMW Motorsport in Le Mans.

Le Mans, 9th June 2011. After the first track action in the build up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans (FR), BMW Motorsport is able to feel positive about the result: In the first qualifying session at the “Circuit de la Sarthe”, Andy Priaulx (GB) set the fastest lap time in the LM GTE class, driving the no. 56 BMW M3 GT.

The triple world touring car champion put in a 3:58.426-minute lap right at the beginning of the two-hour session, which wasn’t beaten by any other car up to when the chequered flag came out at midnight. At the wheel of the second BMW M3 GT (number 55), Jörg Müller (DE) posted a lap time of 3:59.321 minutes earning him and his team-mates provisional third on the starting grid. Therefore Müller rounded off what was an excellent overall result for BMW Motorsport, after the team had already come first and second in the free practice session.

Due to an accident involving two cars, qualifying had to be red-flagged after about an hour and also finished a few seconds early following another incident. All the Team BMW Motorsport drivers had the opportunity to get to grips with conditions on this classic circuit at night. Jörg Müller alternated at the wheel with Augusto Farfus (BR) and Dirk Werner (DE), while Priaulx shared the no. 56 BMW M3 GT with Dirk Müller (DE) and Joey Hand (US). The final grid positions for the Le Mans 24 Hours will be decided in two further qualifying sessions held on Thursday.

Charly Lamm (Team Manager):“Le Mans is such a special place. That’s why you never know beforehand where you stand in comparison to the opposition. Therefore, first and third positions are a really good starting point for the remainder of the weekend. We should be totally happy with it. Both BMW M3 GT cars worked flawlessly today, so we were able to make full use of the time we spent on the track.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56):“I am very happy. This is an almost perfect result for us today, and on top of that my lap was almost perfect. I hit almost every apex. It looks good for the weekend, although I expect tomorrow’s lap times to get even faster. But we are in a good position.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55):“I think we can be really happy with this qualifying. During the day we managed to take several steps forward. The set-up of our car is good. It’s always important to spend a lot of time on the track in the dark, just to get used to these special conditions. That’s why this has been a really positive day for us.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/promising_start_for_bmw_motorsport_in_le_mans/965322-1-ger-DE/promising_start_for_bmw_motorsport_in_le_mans_news _detail.jpg

BMW Power
10-06-11, 09:54
BMW Motorsport claims GTE pole position and third on the grid in Le Mans – Priaulx walks away from heavy accident.

Le Mans, 10th June 2011. BMW Motorsport secured excellent grid positions for the 24-hour race in Le Mans (FR). In the third qualifying session, Augusto Farfus (BR) set the fastest time in the LM GTE class, recording a 3:57.592 minutes lap in the no. 55 BMW M3 GT. This meant pole position for the 27-year-old and his fellow BMW drivers, Jörg Müller (DE) and Dirk Werner (DE). The second BMW M3 GT (number 56) will tackle the 79th running of the endurance classic from third on the grid. Andy Priaulx (GB) had posted this car’s best lap with a time of 3:58.426 minutes during Wednesday’s first qualifying session.

However, the triple world touring car champion and his team-mates, Dirk Müller (DE) and Joey Hand (US) were forced to sit out the third two-hour qualifying session on Thursday night. In the final stages of session two, Priaulx turned into a passenger in the Ford chicane, after another car had gone off and spread loads of gravel on the track. He lost control of his BMW M3 GT and hit the tyre barriers hard. While the front of the car was heavily damaged, Priaulx fortunately walked away from the accident without a scratch.

The crew now has plenty of time until the start of the race on Saturday, at 15:00hrs local time, to get the no. 56 BMW M3 GT ready for action again. Before the marathon gets underway on the 13.629-kilometre track, the drivers will be part of the show during the classic Drivers’ Parade in the centre of Le Manson Friday. Once again thousands of fans are expected to cheer the competitors of the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Mario Theissen(BMW Motorsport Director):“This has been a strong qualifying for our team. On Wednesday Andy Priaulx clocked a very quick lap, which put him on provisional pole. In the second qualifying session, unfortunately he had an accident, caused by gravel on the track. This accident means at least one nightshift for the mechanics of the Schnitzer team. Fortunately there isn’t another practice session on Friday, so we are sure to get the car repaired in time for warm-up on Saturday morning. In the third and final qualifying, we were involved in an exciting duel with the Ferrari, which was decided in favour of Augusto Farfus. Of course we are more than satisfied with first and third on the grid and look forward to a good race.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55):“I didn’t get a run in the first session today, but knew the conditions at the start of the final session should be ideal for a quick lap. The car felt really good, and so I was able to put together a good lap and was delighted with the time I set. Pole is certainly not vital for a good result in a 24 hour race, but it is a great feeling to know your car is the quickest in its class. Add to this the reliability that it has shown all year and I feel pretty confident ahead of the race.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55):“We used today’s qualifying session to carry on with our race preparation programme. Augusto managing to set the pole position lap is just great. This track changes a lot almost from one lap to the next. So it’s a big challenge to react properly in terms of set-up. This has worked well for us so far. We can be happy with our performance, and I just feel very confident in the car.”

Dirk Werner (car number 55):“This pole position is fantastic, but it’s even more important we managed to take some steps forward again in preparation for the race. The car is just getting better and better. We know that grid positions are not that important in a 24hour race. But still a pole position should give all of us an extra boost.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56):“I am so sorry for the team as this is a big shame and gives them such a lot of work. I was looking forward to having a good go, and was just winding the car up for the start of the lap. I arrived and didn’t know there was anything wrong with the corner. There were no flags and just a sea of gravel on the track, which meant one or more cars had already gone off in front of me. Another shame is we have missed tonight’s qualifying session.”

Dirk Müller (car number 56):“Obviously we are disappointed about not being able to complete our race preparation as planned. However, it was just unfortunate for us, Andy couldn’t do anything to avoid this accident with so much gravel on the track. We must now concentrate on what lies ahead of us. I’m pretty confident that the Schnitzer crew will manage to get our car repaired.”

Joey Hand (car number 56):“This might be the first race weekend I’m contesting with BMW Team Schnitzer and the guys from BMW Motorsport, but one thing I know for sure if anybody can fix this car, then it will be this squad. Andy, Dirk and I will definitely be even more pumped up for the race.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/bmw_motorsport_on_pole_in_le_mans/967052-1-ger-DE/bmw_motorsport_on_pole_in_le_mans_news_detail.jpg

BMW Power
10-06-11, 10:10
Τα αποτελέσματα από το official site http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/24h/live-2011/chronos.html

Η κατηγορία του Μ3 είναι η GTE Pro

Airness
11-06-11, 18:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEy5T6QHaC0&feature=player_embedded

manosm3
11-06-11, 18:56
Ζωντανή μετάδοση http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/98/v-289994.html

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:29
Third place for BMW in the GTE class in Le Mans.
Twelve years after the BMW V12 LMR achieved its triumphant overall victory, BMW Motorsport is back on the podium at the Le Mans 24 Hours: In the hard-fought LM GTE class, Andy Priaulx, Dirk Müller and Joey Hand finished third in the no. 56 BMW M3 GT. Final-stint driver Hand crossed the finish line at the “Circuit de la Sarthe” after 313 thrilling laps and having covered a distance of over 4,200 kilometres.

In contrast, the drivers of the second BMW M3 GT, number 55 – Augusto Farfus, Jörg Müller and Dirk Werner – left the endurance classic empty-handed. The trio had battled for 276 laps, repeatedly fighting their way back after being hampered by incidents. Just two and a half hours before the end of the race, however, the fifth-placed BMW M3 GT came to a stop in the “Mulsanne” corner. Jörg Müller had previously reported to the team feeling vibrations in the car. Victory in the LM GTE class went to Corvette’s Olivier Beretta, Tommy Milner and Antonio Garcia.

The 79th staging of the Le Mans 24 Hours, which was at times dramatic and overshadowed by several spectacular and alarming crashes, proved to be a roller-coaster ride for Team BMW Motorsport. Both cars had to make several unscheduled pit stops for repairs and to change tyres, while rain showers added another factor to the final stages of the race. The two BMW M3 GT cars that had started the race from pole position and third on the grid, demonstrated their performance over the entire race distance, consistently clocking competitive times. Dirk Müller clocked the fastest GTE race lap with a time of 3:58.876 minutes. Bearing in mind the various incidents, third place for Priaulx, Dirk Müller and Hand was probably the best possible result.

The Le Mans 24 Hours also counts towards this season’s Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC). Third place in France means BMW has finished on the GTE podium at every race so far in this competition. BMW celebrated a one-two in the GT class at Sebring, while BMW drivers also finished third in the GTE class at the 1,000-kilometre race at Spa-Francorchamps.

BMW Motorsport congratulates Audi Sport and Corvette Racing on their victories in the very competitive LM P1 and LM GTE Pro classes.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/third_place_for_bmw_in_the_gte_class_in_le_mans/972254-1-eng-GB/third_place_for_bmw_in_the_gte_class_in_le_mans_ne ws_detail.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:30
Reactions to the 24 hours of Le Mans.
Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director): “That was a positive finish to a turbulent 24-hour race for us. Third place with our BMW M3 GT in the GTE class at this classic here in Le Mans, twelve years after our outright victory – that is a big success for BMW Motorsport. I would like to congratulate and thank all those involved in this project, who gave everything during the development phase prior to the race and here on-site over the race weekend.”

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “We showed in this race we can play a major role in Le Mans. We did that from the word go. Then we were hit by a sequence of unfortunate incidents, ranking from tyre damage to a stone damaging the radiator. This meant we lost contact with the leaders. It was then a matter of getting as much as possible out of this race. We managed that with BMW M3 GT number 56. The podium finish is a fine reward for the team’s struggles. Unfortunately it did not work out for car number 55, which suffered driveshaft related damage, which we will have to take a more detailed look at. Despite this, the car was in the leading group for long periods of the race. In general I think we can be proud of our performance.”

Andy Priaulx (car number 56): “I am obviously delighted to be on the podium at only my second visit to this race. Our aim was to finish and we did just that. We carried a misfire for most of the second half of the race, so it was great to finish on the podium. The team did a brilliant job, we all carried the car home. Joey and Dirk also did an awesome job, it was a really nice race.”

Dirk Müller (car number 56): “It wasn’t an easy third place I have to say that. I am extremely pleased because a podium in Le Mans means a lot. Andy and Joey did a fantastic job, BMW gave us a great car. We had a little bit of tough luck with the electronics so we weren’t able to really fight for the victory, but nevertheless congratulations to our competition. We can really celebrate this first place and are really happy.”

Joey Hand (car number 56): “I came here to win. I always come to win and I thought we really had a good shot to win this thing. A little bit of bad luck struck us in the night and a few other times. When I stood on the podium it all became real for me as this is a big deal. This is my first time here and to be on the podium I am really excited. I enjoyed every bit of my time here with BMW Motorsport and everyone from Schnitzer. They have got a lot of really great people on this programme and I am very thankful to BMW to let me come over and do this.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 55): “So near, yet so far. Le Mans is a very special race in every way. It can be the happiest experience or the biggest disappointment. Today for me it was the latter. However, we had over 21 hours of fantastic racing and enormous fun. The team did a brilliant job all week so I want to say a big thank you for flawless pit stops and a great car. It’s a pity we didn’t get the reward for all this.”

Jörg Müller (car number 55): “That was definitely one of the toughest, if not the toughest, race I have ever driven. The conditions were not easy during the night, and I spent almost four hours in the car. When the car then gives up on you just before the end of the race, it is hard to take. But I always look ahead.”

Dirk Werner (car number 55): “That was a very difficult race for us. Our car was quick and always in a position to clock top times. However, we were repeatedly hampered by incidents and unexpected situations. We fought like lions. That makes it all the more disappointing that we did not make it to the finish.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/reactions_to_the_24_hours_of_le_mans/972284-1-ger-DE/reactions_to_the_24_hours_of_le_mans_news_detail.j pg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:32
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078131/972582-1-ger-DE/p90078131_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078213/972587-1-ger-DE/p90078213_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078118/972592-1-ger-DE/p90078118_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:33
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078171/972597-1-ger-DE/p90078171_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078122/972607-1-ger-DE/p90078122_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078204/972617-1-ger-DE/p90078204_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:34
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90077917/972627-1-ger-DE/p90077917_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078179/972637-1-ger-DE/p90078179_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078214/972652-1-ger-DE/p90078214_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:34
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078193/972657-1-ger-DE/p90078193_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078203/972662-1-ger-DE/p90078203_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078092/972667-1-ger-DE/p90078092_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:35
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078185/972672-1-ger-DE/p90078185_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078115/972677-1-ger-DE/p90078115_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90077903/972682-1-ger-DE/p90077903_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
13-06-11, 12:36
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078133/972687-1-ger-DE/p90078133_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078192/972692-1-ger-DE/p90078192_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/aktuell/2011/juni/250_000_fans_und_jede_menge_action/p90078196/972697-1-ger-DE/p90078196_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
20-06-11, 13:23
From the Sarthe to the Eifel: BMW Motorsport intends fighting for its 20th outright victory at the Nürburgring.

BMW Motorsport Press Release 20.06.2011

Munich, 20th June 2011. From one highlight to the next: Just two weeks after contesting the 24 Hours of Le Mans (FR), Team BMW Motorsport this weekend faces yet another endurance classic: at the Nürburgríng’s Nordschleife (DE). Last year’s winners again face strong opposition in the Eifel, therefore promising fans one of the most thrilling events in recent times.

BMW has won the Nürburgring 24-hour race a total of 19 times since taking victory in the inaugural 1970 race, when a BMW 2002 ti crossed the line in first place. In 1998 a BMW 320d took the first win for a diesel-powered car. Last year Team BMW Motorsport returned to the Nordschleife after a five-year absence – promptly taking BMW’s 19th victory. More than 50 BMW race cars will take the start in the 39th running of the race this year.

Andy Priaulx (GB) will not be in the BMW Motorsport driver line up after undergoing an operation last Friday. While the operation was successful, the Nürburgring race and the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) event in Imola (IT) on the following weekend will be too early for the triple world touring car champion to get back behind the wheel of the BMW M3 GT. His recuperation will take several weeks and he will return as soon as his doctors give him the green light.

The BMW M3 GT carrying number 1 will be crewed by last year’s winning quartet. Augusto Farfus (BR), Jörg Müller (DE), Uwe Alzen (DE) and Pedro Lamy (PT) will alternate at the wheel of the GT race car. Car number 7 will be driven by Dirk Müller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE) and Dirk Adorf (DE), with Lamy also nominated as fourth driver. In the Imola ILMC round Priaulx will be replaced by Werner.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen:“For our team it is one race after another. After third in the GTE class in the Le Mans 24-hour race we face our home event at the Nürburgring. Following last year’s victory both our BMW M3 GT cars are the quarry, but this is a challenge we gladly accept. A very exciting race awaits us. It is a pity Andy Priaulx can’t be part of the team. However, his health is our first concern as he is a very important member of the BMW Motorsport family. Everyone at BMW wishes him a speedy recovery and hopes to see him back to his winning ways very soon. Nevertheless I am convinced we have a driver line-up that is able to fight from the front.”

Charly Lamm (Team Manager):“It certainly is something special to race at Le Mans, then head to the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife less than 14 days later to contest another 24-hour race. It is an intensive period for every single team member, and we are highly motivated. In Le Mans we obviously had many different experiences, and so this extra knowledge will flow naturally into our race in the Eifel. Our campaign in the VLN Endurance Championship has been positive, and we have been able to acclimatise ourselves to the Nordschleife, therefore we tackle the week full of confidence. It’s a strange feeling for everyone in the team and his fellow BMW drivers that Andy won’t be part of our line-up. However, health always holds priority. We wish him a speedy recuperation and will keep him informed about what’s going on over the weekend. We are looking forward to seeing him back in the BMW M3 GT soon.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 1):“Over the past weeks our programme has picked up pace. After Le Mans I headed home to Brazil to be with my wife and our new daughter. The birth of our baby motivated me tremendously for the Nürburgring. I will always cherish last year’s victory, and to repeat the result would be sensational. We will give it our all.”

Jörg Müller (car number 1):“Everyone knows how tough it is to win on the Nordschleife. But, of course, we always take that on board. If you see how hard everyone in the team works, then it’s clear our goal can only be a repeat of last year’s victory. The motivation is absolutely huge, but if we want to achieve it, then everything will have to come together perfectly. We have a great amount of respect for our opponents.”

Uwe Alzen (car number 1):“It will probably be difficult to repeat last year’s victory. But, of course we will try. In 2011 the competition is likely to be even stronger than last year. I am convinced we have a very good package. Luck naturally also plays a part. It never does you any harm on the Nordschleife when somebody does you the odd favour.”

Pedro Lamy (car number 1/7):“I am proud to have won a few times with BMW on the Nordschleife. But I also know this year’s race will be very tough. You can’t afford to make mistakes, and need to find a good rhythm. If we can make it through to the end without problems we have a good chance of success. I’m part of both cars line-up this year. I think I speak for all the drivers when I wish Andy a speedy recovery.”

Dirk Müller (car number 7):“The Nürburgring 24 Hours is the absolute highlight of the year. Personally I consider it to be more important than the 24-hour race in Le Mans, because at the Nordschleife we will be fighting for overall victory. I love this circuit, and the enthusiasm of the fans is unique.”

Dirk Werner (car number 7):“We had the potential to be in contention for a top place finish at the Nürburgring last year – as our victorious team colleagues demonstrated. I am naturally looking to do much better this year. My goal is to finish and to record a good position in the top rankings.”

Dirk Adorf (car number 7):“I desperately want to win the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring. I have competed there so many times and even been on the podium. But the win has been, and remains, my biggest ambition. I will give everything to achieve it. The anticipation is building every day.”

Andy Priaulx:“There is nothing I hate more than missing a race, but I needed to have this operation and this timing seemed to make sense. I want to thank everyone at BMW Motorsport for their consideration and insistence that my health comes first. It was only sensible to get this operation out of the way, and then work on getting back to full fitness for the remainder of the season. I am not a good patient, so I shall be pushing my doctors for a speedy return to the track.”

BMW Power
24-06-11, 08:40
The adventure begins.

Team BMW Motorsport kicked off the race weekend at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in typical weather conditions for the Eifel region, and finished the free practice session in fourth and seventh overall.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_adventure_begins/1015132-1-ger-DE/the_adventure_begins_news_detail.jpg

The two BMW M3 GT cars initially took to the track on intermediate tyres, but during the 90 minute practice session a dry line appeared round the track. Last year's winners, Augusto Farfus, Jörg Müller, Uwe Alzen and Pedro Lamy, set the fourth fastest time. Meanwhile Dirk Müller, Dirk Werner and Dirk Adorf in the no. 7 BMW M3 GT sister car were seventh. The no. 11 Porsche topped the timesheets with a time of 8:40.641 minutes.

"These weather conditions are certainly a speciality of the Nürburgring", said Werner after his first practice run in the "Green Hell". "The conditions were not ideal in the beginning, but the track dried up quite quickly. After one lap on the intermediate tyres we were able to switch to slicks. Overall, the track is still fairly slippery. On the one hand this makes it exciting, but on the other it is really tough", reckons the German.

Werner is keen for the weekend to get started and said: "We have been working towards this event for a long time, and for us this is the most important race of the year. Our preparations have been very intense and positive. We are feeling good about this race."

Πηγή (http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en)

BMW Power
24-06-11, 08:41
Difficult first qualifying session.

The first qualifying session at the Nürburgring 24 Hours did not go according to plan for Team BMW Motorsport. The no. 7 BMW M3 GT was lying eighth overall by the end of the four-hour evening session.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/difficult_first_qualifying_session/1016688-1-ger-DE/difficult_first_qualifying_session_news_detail.jpg

Dirk Werner clocked the fastest time of 8:32.302 minutes on the car’s sixth lap. Prior to this, Dirk Adorf had completed four laps of the 25.378-kilometre circuit. However, qualifying came to a premature end for the German trio when Dirk Müller crashed in the “Karussell” two hours into the session.

In car number 1, last year’s winners Augusto Farfus, Jörg Müller, Uwe Alzen and Pedro Lamy struggled with technical problems and consequently lost a lot of time in the pits while repair work was carried out. The drivers complained of vibrations in the car, and the team is now analysing the exact reason for this. Farfus clocked the fastest time of 8:36.669 minutes for car number 1. This puts the BMW M3 GT in 15th on the provisional grid. The fastest lap time of 8:23.764 minutes was set by the no. 2 Ferrari.

Dirk Müller lost control of car number 7 as he entered the “Karussell” and hit the crash barriers. A cameraman who was standing behind the barrier as the accident happened was taken to the hospital in Adenau for medical checks. According to the organisers, fortunately he was unhurt. However, as a precaution he will spend the night in hospital.

The right side of the BMW M3 GT was damaged in the accident. The team does not believe it will have any problems completing the repair work in time for the second qualifying session, which begins at 16:55hrs on Friday.

Augusto Farfus (car number 1): “My lap was ok, but we are obviously hoping to improve tomorrow. This is a 24-hour race, so the grid position is not crucial. Despite this, we still want to be further up the grid. I tried to lose as little time as possible in traffic. That was not at all easy. We will have to find out exactly what was causing the vibrations. So, we certainly have plenty to do before the second qualifying session.”

Dirk Werner (car number 7): “Most of the fastest times were actually set during the early stages. I was out on used tyres again and managed a relatively clear lap. That is a rarity with more than 200 cars in the field. Our BMW M3 GT is working quite well, and we still have a bit of time to work our way up the field.”

Dirk Müller (car number 7): “I lost the rear of my BMW M3 GT as I braked, shot over the Karussell and hit the crash barriers. The most important thing is that, according to the organisers, the Japanese cameraman is okay. I am sorry he was hurt in the crash. The damage to our car does not seem to be so serious. However, it is obviously not helpful to miss more than half of the qualifying session.”

Πηγή (http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en)

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:23
BMW comes second in the Nürburgring 24 Hours.

BMW Motorsport celebrated being on the winners’ podium at its home event at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, two weeks after finishing third in the GTE class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/bmw_comes_second_in_the_nuerburgring_24_hours/1024112-1-ger-DE/bmw_comes_second_in_the_nuerburgring_24_hours_news _detail.jpg

After completing the record-breaking156 laps, the BMW M3 GT with number 1 crossed the finish line second at the 24-hour race in the “Green Hell“, in front of 250,000 spectators. Augusto Farfus, Jörg Müller, Uwe Alzen and Pedro Lamy took turns at the wheel, delivered a strong performance and were 4:23 minutes behind the winning no. 18 Manthey-Porsche at the end of the race.

Except for a collision on lap 24 and the subsequent three-minute stop-and-go penalty, last year’s winners ran a flawless race and impressively demonstrated the high level of performance of the BMW M3 GT. At the chequered flag for the endurance classic in the Eifel they were still just defeated by what in the circumstances was a small margin.

The second car with number 7, driven by Dirk Müller, Dirk Werner and Dirk Adorf, was lying 16th in the standings with 139 laps completed, when the BMW M3 GT came to a halt on the circuit in the the “Breidscheid” section having lost all traction. .Earlier in the race, a problem with the brake system and the necessary repairs had cost it more than an hour. From the back of the field, the driving trio admirably worked its way back to the top-20, but was not rewarded with a finish despite its fighting spirit.

The BMW career of outgoing BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen, who will be succeeded by Jens Marquardt on 1st July, comes full circle with second place at the Nürburgring. In 1999, he started his term with an endurance triumph in Le Mans where the BMW V12 LMR was able to claim an outright win. His motor racing career in the service of BMW now ends with a podium finish at another 24-hour classic. BMW was able to celebrate three wins – in 2004, 2005 and 2010 – at the Nürburgring under the guidance of Theissen. BMW has been at the very front in this race a total of 19 times since 1970.

BMW continued its string of good results this season with the podium at the Nürburgring. After winning the 24-hour races in Daytona and Dubai, the one-two in the GT class at the 12 Hours of Sebring, as well as third in the GTE category at the marathon in Le Mans, yet another top result now followed in the home event.

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:25
Reactions to the Nürburgring 24 Hours.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director): “This was once again a dramatic 24-hour race here at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. Congratulations to the squad of Olaf Manthey. They once more put in a really strong performance this weekend."

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/reactions_to_the_nuerburgring_24_hours/1024195-1-ger-DE/reactions_to_the_nuerburgring_24_hours_news_detail .jpg

"The course of the race was in many ways reminiscent of last year when we celebrated victory. The big difference, however, was the fact we were able to meet our competition on the same level the entire distance this time – thanks to the meticulous continued development of the BMW M3 GT. Despite some setbacks, we were able to work our way to the front and fight for the victory until the very end. Credit is also due to our second team of drivers who fought their way to 16th from the back of the field until they were forced to retire. For me personally, this was the last race as BMW Motorsport Director. I am happy to say goodbye with such a success for our team. It all started for me at BMW Motorsport with the victory in Le Mans in 1999 – now I can leave with another podium finish at the Nordschleife. Both events mean a lot to me, and, of course, we would have liked to rack up the 20th victory for BMW. But yesterday’s incident unfortunately tipped the scales.“

Charly Lamm (Team Manager): “This has been a tough fight from the very first lap. We started quite well, but then for a short while we didn’t get everything to come together as it should have done. This was when the lead opened up, which we weren’t able to close before the chequered flag came out. We fought like lions, but more than second place was just not possible today. We were able to show, how strong the BMW M3 GT is, that we are a true endurance team and how breathtaking motor racing can be.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 1): “The Nordschleife just is the greatest track in the world. I dreamt about racing here when I was a kid. BMW has given me the opportunity to do this. Now I’m here on the podium for the second time after our victory last year. The level of competition has become even higher compared to 2010. It felt like an ultra-long world touring car race here. Although we couldn’t repeat last year’s win, second place is a fantastic result.”

Jörg Müller (car number 1): “This has been the most difficult 24-hour race that I have ever contested here at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. Following the VLN races we knew that there would be up to 20 cars fighting for victory here. In the end, this fight went to the wire between us and the Manthey Porsche. It was good fun, and the car ran like clockwork.”

Uwe Alzen (car number 1): “I’m completely satisfied. It was a tough fight out there, and our car ran flawlessly. This time the 24-hour race was rathe a sprint contest over 24 hours. There were many accidents, and everyone pushed to the absolute limit. I’m happy we made it onto the podium again. Of course I would have loved to score my third victory, but still second is a fantastic reward here at the Nordschleife.”

Pedro Lamy (car number 1): “It now looks as if the penalty we received after my accident in the ‘Karussell’ maybe was the decider in this race. However, I just didn’t see any other chance than going up the track the wrong way in order to get out of the danger zone. But this is a thing in the past now. Second place is a strong result, and we fought really hard for it.”

Dirk Müller (car number 7): “Following our early technical problem, I was desperately disappointed. I’m over it now, but I feel really sorry for the guys in the team. Our car doesn’t have a single scratch on it. If you imagine what would have been possible here, it gives me pain. So I can’t do anything else than look to the future. In two weeks time I’m on duty in the American Le Mans Series. I take this 24-hour race as arguably the hardest training camp in the world.”

Dirk Werner (car number 7): “There’s a huge disappointment just now. We fought back into the race and wanted to return to the top-15 ranks. Unfortunately we didn’t make it to the finish, which is a pity. But I’m quite sure there will be some more opportunities in the future to prove that we can do better.”

Dirk Adorf (car number 7): “Just like last year, we were hit by a problem in the opening stages of the race. This has been a bit of a déjà vu experience for us. So we hoped we could do it like in 2010, make it back into the top-15, with our sister car claiming the outright victory. We didn’t reach any of these goals. That’s a shame. But still I’m really proud that BMW made it to the podium again.”

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:26
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr9/1024422-1-eng-GB/nr9_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr5/1024432-1-eng-GB/nr5_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr4/1024437-1-eng-GB/nr4_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:27
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr11/1024442-1-eng-GB/nr11_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr13/1024447-1-eng-GB/nr13_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr6/1024452-1-eng-GB/nr6_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:27
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr7/1024457-1-eng-GB/nr7_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr3/1024462-1-eng-GB/nr3_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr10/1024467-1-eng-GB/nr10_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
26-06-11, 19:28
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr12/1024472-1-eng-GB/nr12_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/motorsport/news/2011/june/the_toughest_marathon_in_the_world/nr8/1024477-1-eng-GB/nr8_news_gallery_querformat.jpg

BMW Power
02-10-11, 09:39
Taste of Hell (http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/news/2011/september/taste_of_hell)

Lil
24-11-11, 19:11
http://vimeo.com/29047369

24 Ωρες στην πρασινη κολλαση... πιο κοντα απο ποτε....

δειτε το

*Δεν υπαρχει λινκ απο youtube.

m_power_lunatic
24-11-11, 23:46
Ολους αυτους εκει που ειναι μαζεμενοι μεσα στα γραφεια της BMW και στην ///Μοtorsport πες τους οτι τους ΑΓΑΠΑΩ.......................:help::help:

Οι μεγαλυτεροι εμποροι ναρκωτικων εχουν ονομα και μερος.....///Μοtorsport να συλληφθουν παραυτα!!!!!!!!!

Δεν νομιζω οτι υπαρχει αλλη εταιρεια στον κοσμο που να ''μπολιαζει'' τους οπαδους της με τοσο δραστικο ναρκωτικο...........

santo
24-11-11, 23:47
Ολους αυτους εκει που ειναι μαζεμενοι μεσα στα γραφεια της BMW και στην ///Μοtorsport πες τους οτι τους ΑΓΑΠΑΩ.......................:help::help:

Οι μεγαλυτεροι εμποροι ναρκωτικων εχουν ονομα και μερος.....///Μοtorsport να συλληφθουν παραυτα!!!!!!!!!

Δεν νομιζω οτι υπαρχει αλλη εταιρεια στον κοσμο που να ''μπολιαζει'' τους οπαδους της με τοσο δραστικο ναρκωτικο...........

είναι πολλά τα φουντώματα Γιάννη !!!!