PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Stéphane Peterhansel won the Rally Dakar 2012 in his MINI ALL4 Racing

BMW Power
17-01-12, 10:16
Finally! Stéphane Peterhansel of the X-raid Team has won the Rally Dakar 2012 in his MINI ALL4 Racing. It is his tenth overall victory at the toughest rally in the world.

http://www.minimotorsport.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/news/peterhansel_celebrates_his_10th_dakar_victory/82219-19-eng-GB/peterhansel_celebrates_his_10th_dakar_victory_news _full_large_gallery.jpg

Stéphane Peterhansel knows the Rally Dakar. He knows that the winner is not crowned until the final stage is really over. The route is too tricky and the competitors just too good to celebrate prematurely. That is why Stéphane did not accept any early congratulations on the eve of the rally's final day – even though he held a lead of almost 43 minutes over his team-mate Nani Roma, who was second overall at that time.

Neither did he feel too confident about the fact that the next contender for the overall victory, Giniel de Villiers, was more than 1:15 hours behind him. "I still feel like I am in the race," said Stéphane. " There is still a 30-kilometre special to go and we could have a technical problem. I am still holding my breath. I will breathe again once I am on the podium."

24 hours without any oxygen definitely paid off for Stéphane.

After the final 29 competitive kilometres of the 2012 Rally Dakar from Pisco to Lima it was official: the winner is Stéphane Peterhansel.

Stéphane did not take any risks on the 14th and final stage. That he finished tenth on that stage (which Robby Gordon won) did not matter anymore, thanks to the comfortable lead in the overall standings, with which he had started the day. In the end the clock showed a total time of 38:44:56 hours. That is how long it took him to cover nearly 4,000 competetive kilometres from Mar del Plata in Argentina to Peru's capital Lima.

It is also Stéphane's tenth overall Dakar victory. The last time he won it all was in 2007. No other driver has more overall Dakar wins than Stéphane. "When you think of how hard it is to win a Dakar, it's incredible that I've been able to win ten of them. It's been a long time, I've been waiting for five years to win again," said the winner. "To take the victory in South America is a huge relief, it ranks among my best triumphs. Winning the rally for Team X-Raid makes it even more special, since Sven Quandt has been waiting for years for this to happen. I don't know what I could do to go one better. Beating this record is going to be difficult - for the others!"

The X-raid team also reached another milestone on the back of Stéphane's victory. It is the very first Dakar triumph for the X-raid team at its tenth attempt. So there was every reason to celebrate. "To win the toughest rally in the world is something really special. It is the win that we have been chasing for so long. Congratulations to Stéphane on his tenth Dakar victory. He once again showed what an outstanding driver he is. Of course we would also like to congratulate his co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret," said Team Manager Sven Quandt.

Quandt had entered five MINI ALL4 Racings at the Dakar. The fact that all five cars reached the finish shows the great reliability of the MINI ALL4 Racing as well as the quality of the X-raid team. Quandt: "I would like to say thank you very much to all the driver crews and the whole X-raid team for their superb efforts. They have made the first Dakar victory in the histrory of the X-raid team come true."

The overall result is indeed an impressive one. All MINI ALL4 Racing drivers finished in the overall top ten. Nani Roma was second and Leonid Novitskiy fourth, while Ricardo Leal dos Santos and Krzystof Holowczyc claimed eighth and tenth places overall. Throughout the whole event, one of the X-raid team's MINIs has always been sitting pretty on top of the overall standings.

http://www.minimotorsport.com/en/news

BMW Power
17-01-12, 10:19
MINI CONGRATULATES THE X-RAID TEAM AND STÉPHANE PETERHANSEL ON THEIR VICTORY AT THE 2012 RALLY DAKAR.

Munich. Stéphane Peterhansel (FR) and his co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret (FR) have made it. At the end of the last of 14 demanding stages, the duo and its green MINI ALL4 Racing was confirmed as the winner of the legendary Rally Dakar in a time of 38h 54m 46s. This was Peterhansel’s tenth victory at the “Dakar”. He had already claimed six titles on a motorcycle, and now has four wins in the car category to his name.
Dr. Kay Segler, Senior Vice President, MINI Brand Management and Business Coordination, said: “On behalf of MINI, I would like to congratulate Stéphane Peterhansel, his co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret and the entire X-raid team on their triumph at the 2012 Rally Dakar. To stand on the top step of the podium on ten occasions after the toughest rally in the world is quite simply an unbelievable achievement. Sven Quandt’s team has once again proven its class with all five MINI ALL4 Racings finishing in the top ten.”
Joan “Nani” Roma (ES) and Michel Périn (FR), also driving a MINI ALL4 Racing, finished runner-up to complete a one-two for the German Monster Energy X-raid Team. When the rally came to a close in Lima, Peru, the gap between the two leading MINI cars was nearly 42 minutes.

parouskas
17-01-12, 11:28
ενα μεγαλο μπραβο ατην ομαδα...μας εκανε περιφανους

E36 RULES!!
17-01-12, 13:26
Έτσι τα ΜΙΝΙ!!! Συγχαρητήρια στην ομάδα και τις εταιρείες που είναι απο πίσω!