PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) 2013

BMW Power
18-02-13, 12:02
“Major Tom” is back for another shot.
Tom Coronel and ROAL Motorsport enter their third season of the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) together in 2013. The chances of tasting success in the BMW 320 TC are greater than ever.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2013/News/02/coronel-web.jpg.resource.1361178434278.jpg

The withdrawal of Chevrolet as a works team has opened the door: the 2013 WTCC season promises to be more open than it has been for a long time. Whereas in recent years it has merely been a question of which works Chevrolet would win the title, many other teams and drivers now have a good chance of winning races and having a say in the championship again.
As well as the privately run Chevrolets and the new Honda works team, Tom Coronel and Team Principal Roberto Ravaglia’s ROAL Motorsport outfit will also fancy their chances as they line up together for the third time with the BMW 320 TC. “Roberto Ravaglia, the team and I have come to know each other very well. As such, there will be no disruptions within the team. Furthermore, the BMW 320 TC has shown on more than one occasion that it is capable of competing at the very front of the field. All this means I am in my best position for years going into the season. My goal is to win races and finish in the top three – at least – in the Drivers’ Championship,” said Coronel.
The experienced 40-year-old will be joined by a new team-mate in Darryl O’Young, a man he himself recommended to Ravaglia. With this line-up, and a BMW 320 TC that features detailed improvements for 2013, ROAL Motorsport is more determined than ever to succeed when the season gets underway on 24th March in Monza.
“In 2013 I will concentrate even more intensely on the FIA WTCC, and will prepare even more meticulously for the races. Roberto will do the same thing,” said Coronel. “Then we will both see what is possible this season.”
Check out the preview video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvJD9QgSjwo

BMW Power
13-03-13, 12:45
Blue Barth.
The Wiechers-Sport team will once again line up with a BMW 320 TC in the 2013 season of the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). At the wheel will be Fredy Barth, who succeeds Stefano D’Aste.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2013/News/03/barth-web.jpg.resource.1363004118534.jpg

D’Aste won two FIA WTCC races for Wiechers-Sport in 2012 and will start with his own team in a BMW 320 TC this season.
“We have been on good terms with Fredy for a long time. When the opportunity arose to work together, we did not hang around,” said Team Principal Dominik Greiner. “We had two test days at the Slovakiaring last week. Fredy adapted very quickly to the rear-wheel drive BMW. I assume he will also do well in the races and will be pushing for good results.”
The season begins on 24th March with two races in Monza - with Fredy Barth driving his blue BMW 320 TC.