PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : United SportsCar Championship (USCC) 2014

BMW Power
13-01-14, 15:45
BMW Team RLL: Ready for Daytona.

With the dust still settling after the 24 Hours of Dubai, the next highlight of the endurance season comes in just two weeks: the 24 Hours of Daytona. The marathon opens the inaugural season of the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) on 25th and 26th January.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/01/BMW_Z4_USCC.jpg.resource.1389605317616.jpg

BMW Team RLL will run two BMW Z4 GTLMs in the GTLM class. Dirk Werner and Bill Auberlen will contest their second 24-hour race in a fortnight in Florida. Werner will alternate with Dirk Müller, John Edwards and Graham Rahal at the wheel.
Auberlen is in action in the second car. He will share the cockpit with BMW works driver Andy Priaulx, who drives for BMW Team RLL in the USCC this season, after two years in the DTM. The promising line-up is completed by BMW DTM drivers Maxime Martin and Joey Hand.
Their fellow BMW driver Augusto Farfus will also be in action in Daytona. He will bolster the Turner Motorsport team, who are fielding the BMW Z4 GTD in the GTD category.

BMW Power
13-01-14, 15:46
Andy Priaulx looks forward to a new challenge in the USA

http://www.dtm.com/images/news/12950_1.jpg

After two years in DTM, BMW works driver Andy Priaulx will start a new chapter in his long career. With BMW Team RLL, Priaulx will race a BMW Z4 GTE in the new United SportsCar Championship (USCC). His look back is a forgiving one. “The DTM didn‘t bring me what I wanted it to bring, however, I think as a driver it has really helped me”, the three times World Touring Car Champion reflected. “There are areas, maybe not necessarily in my driving but psychologically, where these DTM years have made me stronger. I am looking forward to the future with a big smile on my face because I am staying with BMW, it is an important championship, it is an important year for me and, most of all, I am driving a fantastic car in a great country, so I can‘t really complain.”

Despite the fact that Priaulx has been racing for over 20 years, he will now face many tracks that are still new for him. But to learn them is not a big issue for him: “I have always enjoyed new tracks. I have generally liked going to new tracks, learning them, and putting them on my cv. I think I have a fairly good process. I talk to drivers who have been there, I have a simulator set up at home , I also look at onboards and bring all that information together. But there is no better experience than driving it in reality. So to get to a track early before you race there is a really important aspect.”

BMW Power
24-01-14, 09:15
BMW Team RLL is ready for the 24h Daytona.
BMW Team RLL brings a power-packed driver line up to the 52nd Rolex 24 at Daytona to pilot the two BMW Z4 GTLM racing machines.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/01/Daytona_pre_55.jpg.resource.1390494426989.jpg

Bill Auberlen, Joey Hand, Maxime Martin and Andy Priaulx will share the black No. 55 car. John Edwards, Dirk Müller, Graham Rahal and Dirk Werner will co-drive the white No. 56 machine.
Among them Auberlen has two class wins (1997 GT3, 1998 GT3) and Müller one (1998 GT1) while Hand and Rahal co-drove to the 2011 overall victory in a BMW-powered Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Riley Daytona Prototype. Team leader Bobby Rahal won the twice-around-the-clock classic as a driver in 1981. The 52nd annual Rolex 24 at Daytona starts on Saturday, 25th January, at 8:10 p.m. (CET).
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“BMW Team RLL and our team in Munich have been working intensely towards the start of the new United SportsCar Championship for months. The 24 Hours of Daytona is now just around the corner. We should be well prepared with both our BMW Z4 GTLM. However, we are also well aware that a 24-hour marathon like the one at the Daytona International Speedway is a law unto itself, and that both man and machine will be pushed to the limit. It is precisely this challenge right at the start of the season that makes the race so attractive. After all, the conditions are the same for everyone. The race in Daytona marks the beginning of a new era for motor racing in America – and we are delighted to be a part of it from the outset.”
Bobby Rahal (Team Principal BMW Team RLL):
“I think the Rolex 24 at Daytona is going to be a very tough race. The GTLM category is a very, very competitive category. It’s going to be a very tough class to win. Twenty-four hours is a long, long time and as we’ve seen over the years the race win doesn’t always go to the swiftest. It’s a real endurance test.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/01/Daytona_pre_Priaulx.jpg.resource.1390494432352.jpg

Bill Auberlen (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 55):
“This is certainly an important time for sports car racing in North America and I’m proud to be part of it. I don’t believe BMW has ever come to the Rolex 24 with a better driver line up. Part of my preparation was to run a 24-hour race in Dubai just two weeks ago. I’m at my ‘fighting weight’ and feel completely prepared.”
Joey Hand (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 55):
“For me it's always exciting to start the season with Daytona. I think the biggest thing this year will be staying clean the whole race. From the driving standpoint you will always have in your head to watch out and make very good decisions. This race will be much more mental than physical from the driver’s seat -especially in a GTLM car where we will be passing half the field and being passed by the other half. There will be no time to rest.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 55):
“I'm really looking forward to coming back to Daytona. It will be my second time and I hope we will have more success than last year. A 24-hour race is always long and difficult so I did a special preparation to be 120% ready for the race. I'm really happy to have Bill, Joey and Andy as teammates. They have a lot of experience and I think it can be the key for the race.”
Andy Priaulx (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 55):
“I’m very much looking forward to starting my season this weekend at the 24 Hours Daytona and the new championship campaign. I think the race will be very challenging, with lots of traffic and lots of overtaking. Concentration will be the key, zero mistakes and being there at the end. I think it’s fair to say that this track will be a challenge for our package with the long straights and nature of the circuit. But we have a great team, a great driver line up and a very reliable car so I’m staying very optimistic and looking forward to this weekend very much.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/01/Daytona_pre_56.jpg.resource.1390494432503.jpg

John Edwards (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 56):
“I'm excited to finally get back to racing! It feels like it's been a long time since Petit Le Mans back in October, so I'm ready to get back to competing. 24 hour races are always difficult, but this year's Rolex 24 will be especially hairy since we'll see a high number of cars and a lot of different cars running at different speeds, which will make traffic a bigger deal than it, has been in the past. That will especially be true at night when it is difficult to know what kind of car is behind the lights that you see in your mirror. Combine that with the fact that the night lasts a long time in Daytona in January, and it makes for some difficult stints. However, I'm excited about our line up and I know that I can trust my teammates. Anything can happen in 24 hours, so we'll see where we stand Sunday afternoon.”
Dirk Müller (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 56):
“I am very excited about the new championship that starts this weekend in Daytona. In the past it was just the 24-hour race for me, but now it’s the start of the new season. We have a very strong line-up, a good team and a great car. We are all very motivated and hungry for the big success.”
Graham Rahal (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 56):
“I’m looking forward to the Rolex 24 at Daytona. I won with BMW in 2011 so, as a past champion, it’s pretty cool for me to go back and be in a BMW again. I know the team is going to give us a good strategy like they always do and I think we will be in a good place twenty-four hours later. The goal of this race is to stay clean for 23 of those hours and then go race that last hour. I’m excited; it’s a good opportunity for me. I hope this is the first race of many to come that I can do with BMW the rest of my career.”
Dirk Werner (BMW Z4 GTLM - No. 56):
“Already last year I was hoping to be part of the BMW-line up for this year’s 24 Hours Daytona. It will be my sixth time and I hope I can finally carry home that watch. With the BMW Team RLL preparing and operating the BMW Z4 GTLM we have a very good chance to win. I am ready to go and in full 24-hour mode since I was part of the BMW Team Schubert 24h effort in Dubai two weeks ago."

BMW Power
24-01-14, 09:19
BMW Team RLL finishes seventh and eighth in Daytona 24 Hours GTLM qualifying session.

23.01.2014 to 26.01.2014, Tudor United Sportscar Championship 2014, Rolex 24 at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, ...

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/P90142044/P90142044-23-01-2014-to-26-01-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-daytona-intern-600px.jpg

Daytona (US), 23rd January 2014. The countdown for the season opener of the new United SportsCar Championship (USCC) is on. In GTLM qualifying for the 24-hour race of Daytona (US) the two BMW Z4 GTLM cars of BMW Team RLL finished seventh and eighth.
John Edwards (US) recorded a lap time of 1:45.667 minutes at the wheel of the number 56 car, finishing seventh. Andy Priaulx (GB) followed directly behind his team-mate in eighth, being just five thousands of a second slower in the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM. Marc Goossens (BE) claimed pole position in 1:44.506 minutes, driving an SRT-Viper.
In the race, which will go green on Saturday at 14:10hrs local time, Edwards will alternate at the wheel with Dirk Müller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE) and Graham Rahal (US). Priaulx will join forces with Bill Auberlen (US), Joey Hand (US) and Maxime Martin (BE).
In the GTD category, BMW works driver Augusto Farfus (BR) came 12th in his number 94 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD, setting a time of 1:47.418 minutes. In a thrilling session the first 20 cars were separated by less than a second.
Bobby Rahal (Team Principal, BMW Team RLL):
“We have not been quick in a straight line last year, and this is very important here in Daytona. We made some improvements, but others made even more. So the relative difference stays the same. However, it’s a long, long race. Where you qualify doesn’t really matter come the end of the race. For us the challenge will be to make no mistakes and finish the race.”
John Edwards (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“We went into qualifying knowing our strengths and weaknesses with the BMW Z4 GTLM. It was clear that this track won’t be our best, but that’s not what this race is about. At a 24-hour race, there are just so many factors that are important, as everything can happen. Luckily this isn’t a sprint race for us. Then I would be a lot more pessimistic. But there’s a long race ahead of us, so I’m really positive.”
Andy Priaulx (#55 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“I am happy as both the cars are on the same lap time, and we will be starting side by side. Free practice didn’t run according to plan for us. But to come back and put in a competitive time, is something I am proud of. I feel really comfortable in the car and I feel the performance is there. We just need to keep on working to get ourselves a bit more competitive. In a 24-hour race, a lot of things can happen.”

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/P90142047/P90142047-23-01-2014-to-26-01-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-daytona-intern-330px.jpg

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/P90142041/P90142041-23-01-2014-to-26-01-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-daytona-intern-330px.jpg

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/P90142045/P90142045-23-01-2014-to-26-01-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-daytona-intern-330px.jpg

BMW Power
27-01-14, 08:10
Successful USCC debut: BMW Team RLL comes second and fourth at the Daytona 24 Hours.

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/P90142316/P90142316-23-01-2014-to-26-01-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-rolex-24-at-daytona-daytona-intern-600px.jpg

23.01.2014 to 26.01.2014, Tudor United Sportscar Championship 2014, Rolex 24 at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, ...

Daytona (US), 26th January 2014. BMW Motorsport and BMW Team RLL experienced a successful start to the United SportsCar Championship (USCC), securing an impressive podium result in what was the start of a new era in American motor racing. The number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM crossed the line second in the GTLM at the 24-hour race of Daytona (US), after completing a total of 679 laps of the iconic “Daytona International Speedway” road course. Bill Auberlen (US), Andy Priaulx (GB), Joey Hand (US) and Maxime Martin (BE) struggled to match the pace of their direct opposition on the long straights, due to the significant top speed deficit of their BMW Z4 GTLM. However, BMW Team RLL made up for this thanks to a great strategy, consistent lap times and a largely flawless performance by the crew, securing its maiden USCC podium in the process. GTLM victory in the American endurance classic was secured by Porsche’s Nick Tandy (GB), Richard Lietz (AT) and Patrick Pilet (FR). At the finish line, final stint drivers Hand and Pilet were separated by only 2.838 seconds.
The number 56 car, driven by Dirk Müller (DE), John Edwards (GB), Dirk Werner (DE) and Graham Rahal (US), also battled it out at the front of GTLM for long periods of the race. It was running in third when it lost ground after the rear right wheel bearing had broken. The necessary repair work cost the BMW drivers several places. But the white BMW Z4 GTLM made a brilliant recovery, ultimately finishing fourth and collecting valuable points at the season opener.
In the fiercely contested GTD class, Turner Motorsport flew the flag for BMW. Augusto Farfus (BR), Paul Dalla Lana (CA), Dane Cameron (US) and Markus Palttala (FI) didn’t lose their fighting spirit following several setbacks in the early stages of the race and fought their way back up with the number 94 BMW Z4 GTD. After 24 hours and 659 laps, Turner Motorsport secured seventh in class.
After this promising start to the 2014 USCC season in a race the team had never entered before, Sebring (US) is next on BMW Team RLL’s list. On 15th March the two BMW Z4 LMGTs will fight for top positions again at the classic 12-hour race. In the American Le Mans Series Bobby Rahal’s (US) team claimed GT wins there in 2011 and 2012 when it was racing a BMW M3 GT.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“We have every reason to be very satisfied with our first appearance in the new United SportsCar Championship. To finish this ultra-tough race in second and fourth, considering the very difficult conditions for us, is a fantastic success. As far as performance goes, especially our straight-line speed, we obviously had a disadvantage at this circuit compared to our direct competitors. However, we managed to compensate for this through an excellent overall package made of strong drivers, a flawless team and a clever strategy. It was crucial to avoid any mistakes and to get both BMW Z4 GTLMs to the finish. To a large extent, this strategy worked out fine. Just like many other teams in this demanding race, we also lost time due to unscheduled repair work in the pits. However, we were still able to bring our cars home in second and fourth. We can definitely build on this result, especially as most of the other USCC circuits on the calendar should suit the strengths of our car much better than Daytona. Congratulations to Turner Motorsport, too, for P7 in the GTD class. Following a tough starting phase the team never gave up and fought back into the race, delivering a strong performance with the BMW Z4 GTD. Overall it was an impressive debut for the United SportsCar Championship in Daytona. And the 24-hour race had all the ingredients race fans could ask for. This opener was a nice appetiser for the rest of the season.”
“The race is 24 hours, but the ‘day’ is almost 36 hours long when you add in the time you are at the track before the green. This was BMW Team RLL’s first 24-hour race and to have come within some three seconds of victory is quite an achievement. Every member of our team contributed, and to share the race with Graham makes today very special for me. We have started the season with good points, and now it’s off to Sebring where we’ve had great success in previous seasons.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“In this race we have done exactly what we said we were going to do. We said, let the sun come up and let's see where we are. The BMW Z4 GTLM was perfectly reliable. We didn’t risk too much then and were waiting to see if we could go racing at the end. It all worked out fine – and was a perfect start to the season.”
Andy Priaulx (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“Finishing second is a fantastic way to kick off our USCC campaign. I put in three solid stints and had a really valuable learning experience getting to know the cars, drivers and track in Daytona. That is my first GT race in quite a few years, and I am looking forward to the rest of the 2014 championship after this successful start.”
Joey Hand (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“It is crazy how our plan worked out. We didn't have the pace but knew in this race you have your best chance of doing well if you don't have any contact and don't have any issues. If you just keep this thing rolling round the racetrack and spend as little time in the pits as possible you stand a chance. We maximised on that and only spent 14 minutes in the pit box in 24 hours. I think that is pretty brilliant. Then the guys at BMW Team RLL worked really hard both here and the shop, and I am very proud to be part of this programme.”
Maxime Martin (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“For me it has been the easiest 24 hour race I have done, as I have only driven for a few hours. The race has been okay with just a few little issues, but we have managed to stay near the front for most of it. This race is all about keeping out of trouble, and if you succeed you are rewarded with a podium even in such a tough race. The team did a tremendous job and has every reason to be really proud.”
Dirk Müller (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“I love this race, and what you need to do is push and stay out of trouble. I have done Daytona a couple of times before, but never as part of a championship. So it is a different feeling as you want to push, but at the same time you want to finish for the points. All in all we did a great race, and everybody has done a good job.”
“Since the announcement that I would do the full season with BMW I have been looking forward to this race. We knew that Daytona would probably be the toughest track for us on the calendar. To now walk away with P2 and P4 is just amazing. This was a fantastic start to our season. I think we will be a force to be reckoned with in 2014.”
Dirk Werner (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“We had some tough luck when we had to drive back to the garage to repair the car and this cost us a podium. We didn't make any mistakes and it was a tough race with a lot of incidents. I think we proved that the BMW Z4 GTLM is a good car for endurance racing – and finishing second and fourth is beyond our expectations.”
Graham Rahal (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“I had a good stint going near the end. Unfortunately a right rear wheel bearing broke. We don't know what caused that, but it may have been some contact earlier as a light hit could cause that. The guys have done a great job, and the car ran really well up to that point. I certainly enjoyed myself driving the BMW Z4 GTLM and hope I get another opportunity soon. The team scored a really impressive result.”
Augusto Farfus (Number 94 BMW Z4 GTD, Turner Motorsport):
“It was the toughest 24-hour event I have ever done, as I think I did about ten hours in the car during the race. It is a shame we lost five laps at the beginning due to an electrical problem with the tail lights. We still could have had a chance to win, but unfortunately we didn't have enough yellows during the night to get the laps back. However, the team did a fantastic job as the car ran without any other issues. It was good for me to start the year like this, and I am ready to start the DTM now.”

BMW Power
13-03-14, 10:22
BMW Team RLL ready for the Sebring 12 Hours.

Sebring (US), 13th March 2014. In the inaugural 2014 season of the new United SportsCar Championship (USCC), the next classic race awaits BMW Team RLL. After the season opened with the Daytona 24 Hours (US), the second round of the year is contested at the Sebring 12 Hours (US) this weekend. BMW Team RLL returns to Florida with a lot of momentum from the curtain raiser in January, where the squad finished second with the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM and fourth with the number 56 car – the only team in the GTLM class to finish with both team cars in the top-five.
Now standing second in Manufacturer, Team and Driver points the team recently finished a successful two-day test at the Sebring International Raceway with the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM and BMW works drivers Andy Priaulx (GB) and Dirk Werner (DE). In the race, the number 55 car will be driven by Priaulx, Bill Auberlen (US) and BMW DTM driver Joey Hand (US). Duties in the number 56 car will be shared by Werner, Dirk Müller (DE) and John Edwards (GB).
The 62nd running of this endurance classic takes the green flag on Saturday, 15th March, at 10:15hrs (local time). BMW Team RLL has five podium finishes at the Sebring 12 Hours, including back-to-back victories in 2011 and 2012.

“Last year, even though we didn’t finish well we were relatively competitive. Obviously we know a lot more about the BMW Z4 one year later, so my hope is that we will be back on the podium. We have great drivers and, as was seen last year, we were right there from the start, but it’s always a tough race. From a reliability stand point, we learned some things at Daytona that will help us at Sebring. Sebring is all about reliability.”

“The Sebring 12 Hours is always one of the most amazing weekends of any racing season. You can literally feel the history as the years have changed the circuit very little. It is the history that makes a win here so important. I was only 16 when my dad won the GT class in 1985. Ten years later I was on the top of the GT podium and have been fortunate enough to win again back-to-back driving a BMW M3 GT in 1997 and 1998. BMW Team RLL is coming off a strong finish at Daytona and we’re looking to make another strong run at Sebring.”

“Sebring will be a different challenge for us compared to Daytona. I imagine the race to be more intense, with at least 60 cars on track. I am very happy with our testing preparations and the car set-up is in the ball park. We just need to see how competitive we are compared to the others. I hope we can have a faultless race and be in with a chance.”

“It will be great to be back in the BMW Z4 GTLM. We had a strong run at Daytona and, I believe, we will be even stronger at Sebring. The race is certainly the longest 12 hours in motorsport, but I’ve had great success there in recent years. I hope I can share the top of the Sebring podium with Bill for the first time and Andy for a second time.”

“Normally at this point in the year we are talking about the start of the season and now we already have a very good Daytona 24 in the books. I am really looking forward to Sebring as I like this event very much. As a team we know how to win this race and, with all the great and positive motivation we have, I can’t wait to get there.”

“Three years ago was the last time I was part of the BMW driver line-up in the legendary 12h Sebring race. This year I come back to try and win for BMW after two podiums in 2010 and 2011. I want to help my teammates Dirk (Müller) and John (Edwards) collect points. I love racing at Sebring because it is so challenging.”

“This year’s 12 Hour marks one year with BMW Team RLL for me. Last year we were still developing the BMW Z4, and at the most recent test in February we were fine-tuning. I was not scheduled to drive the car, but got in for a few laps in the last session. I was very satisfied and am confident we’ll be able to continue our strong start to the 2014 season.”

bmwmaniac
13-03-14, 12:46
αυτα ειναι φουσκωματα αυτα τα φουσκωματα θελω κ εγω στο δικο μου τρελλααααααααα!!!!

BMW Power
14-03-14, 14:34
Ready for Sebring.
In the inaugural 2014 season of the new United SportsCar Championship (USCC), the next classic race awaits BMW Team RLL.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/Static_Teaser/News/P90144786_highRes.jpg.resource.1394715620248.jpg

After the season opened with the Daytona 24 Hours, the second round of the year is contested at the Sebring 12 Hours this weekend. BMW Team RLL returns to Florida with a lot of momentum from the curtain raiser in January, where the squad finished second with the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM and fourth with the number 56 car – the only team in the GTLM class to finish with both team cars in the top-five.
Now standing second in Manufacturer, Team and Driver points the team recently finished a successful two-day test at the Sebring International Raceway with the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM and BMW works drivers Andy Priaulx and Dirk Werner. In the race, the number 55 car will be driven by Priaulx, Bill Auberlen and BMW DTM driver Joey Hand. Duties in the number 56 car will be shared by Werner, Dirk Müller and John Edwards.
The 62nd running of this endurance classic takes the green flag on Saturday, 15th March, at 10:15hrs (local time). BMW Team RLL has five podium finishes at the Sebring 12 Hours, including back-to-back victories in 2011 and 2012.

BMW Power
15-03-14, 14:26
IMSA Live (http://www.imsa.com/camera/united-sportscar/live-broadcast)

#55 BMW Z4 GTE Live camera (http://www.imsa.com/camera/united-sportscar/55-bmw-z4-gte)

BMW Power
17-03-14, 08:55
BMW Team RLL steps on the podium at Sebring.
Second race, second podium: BMW Team RLL finished third and tenth in the 62nd edition of the 12 Hours of Sebring. The Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, driven by Bill Auberlen, Andy Priaulx and Joey Hand, took the chequered flag in third place.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/03/Sebring1_670.jpg.resource.1394978246167.jpg

It was the team’s second consecutive GTLM podium of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship. Auberlen, Priaulx and Hand had finished second at the season-opening 24h Daytona. With their third place at the second round at “Sebring International Raceway”, the trio took the lead of the GTLM Drivers classification.
The Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM finished tenth. Driven by Dirk Müller, Dirk Werner and John Edwards, the car experienced a number of problems during the race and finished nine laps in arrears of the class winning Porsche. The Number 56 car had been pushed into the wall by a competitor. Repairs over the next few hours cost precious time. The race was slowed by more than five hours of caution periods, and the crack BMW Team RLL strategy helped the Number 55 car regain a lost lap, caused by a malfunctioning pit speed limiter just past the midpoint of the race.
Round three of the 2014 USCC will take place in Long Beach on Saturday, 12th April.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/03/Sebring2_670.jpg.resource.1394978247082.jpg

“Today was certainly a tough day for us in many respects. A third place finish by the No. 55 BMW Z4 GTLM and now the points lead is a tremendous achievement given the ups and downs they went though over the course of the race. Unfortunately, the day was ruined quite early for the 56 car. At the end we didn’t have the pace to catch the leaders, but now we head to Long Beach and a circuit much more suited to the strengths of the BMW Z4 GTLM.”
“We ran into some of the worst luck I have ever seen. We had a great car, we were up to second place and then we dropped to third place. Then we got a speeding violation coming into the pit lane, and then we got three more back to back before we determined the cause, which put us a lap down. We fought back to the lead lap. Our BMW Z4 GTLM was great. It sustained some damage early on and had a big understeer. We tuned that out and we had something to go racing with and my last stint was very strong.”
“My first stint was hardly a stint as I had so many safety cars. We had a bit of contact with a prototype which damaged the bodywork and there was then some understeer in the car. The team did a great job to re-balance the car, which luckily wasn't badly damaged. My job was to bring the car back in one piece, which I did. There were a couple of crazy re-starts as there were so many cars out there and you were locked in the battle from the moment you got into the car – I have never had it like that before. It is full ten tenths, it is fun and it makes you sharp and I am loving it.”
“It was an interesting race for sure. We just kept trying to make the car better and better. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, but it all came right and during that last twenty minutes I was thinking, ‘Oh boy, this is turning into another dog fight!’ It wasn’t our race to win today, but the reason why we have won championships in this programme is because we get what we can get, and that is what we did.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/03/Sebring3_670.jpg.resource.1394978247486.jpg

“This was one of those races which ultimately ended quite early for us. We stayed positive and were hoping that we’d get the laps back with all the caution periods. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. Congratulations to the 55 guys!”
“Unfortunately we had too many incidents today. The hit from a Porsche that turned us in the wall put us back a number of laps and we never really recovered. I hope the rest of the season will be better for Dirk and John.”
“There is not much we could have done today. Things that were not expected to happen ultimately put us in the situation where we were out of contention. It’s really too bad because we had a strong car. We saw the Number 55 finish on the podium and we think we would have been right up there too.”

BMW Power
17-03-14, 09:02
12h Sebring: BMW claims second USCC podium of the year.

BMW Motorsport and BMW Team RLL continued in Sebring (US) where they left off after the first race of the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) in Daytona (US), with a podium finish for the BMW Z4 GTLM. Despite a difficult race that started well but saw both cars suffer mishaps, at the end of 286 laps the black number 55 car driven by Bill Auberlen (US), Joey Hand (US) and Andy Priaulx (GB) came third in the GTLM class and now are leading the driver points standings. Unfortunately the best the white number 56 car of John Edwards (US), Dirk Müller (DE) and Dirk Werner (DE) was able to manage was tenth in class after completing a total of 277 laps. The race was a turbulent affair with many full course cautions and both cars suffered bodywork damage after incidents with other cars. However, Hand was not daunted by the fact with 20 minutes to go he was out of podium contention. In the dark and with a car that was even missing a front light he made a late charge after the final caution and managed to overtake a Ferrari for the third spot. The class was won by the Porsche of Patrick Long (US), Michael Christensen (DK) and Jörg Bergmeister (DE).
Three questions for … Joey Hand.
Joey, what were your expectations ahead of this race?
Joey Hand: “The result was not as I expected, because I expected to win this race. I had a really good feeling about this race, but it just wasn’t going to happen with situations we got during the race. But I think when you can come out of 36 hours of endurance racing at the start of the season with a second and third and leading the championship it is not too bad. You always want to win races, but if you want to win a championship you need consistency. If we are second or third in every race this season then the boys are going to win the title.
Your final stint included yet another battle at the finish. What was it like?
Hand: “That final 20 minutes I was thinking this had turned into another dog fight. I just keep landing in some dog fights, but I love it. It woke me up and I was ready to go. I thought I might be able to make something of this. The Porsche was too far gone, but I thought we could get second. On the re-start I just went for it. I got the Ferrari quickly, got right up to the Viper, but he just had too much for me. I drove the wheels off the car and I set my best lap times then. We had a lot of damage to the right front and were missing most of our headlights on the right side, it was really dark and, unfortunately, Sebring is mostly right hand corners. It wasn’t really ours to win today after what we went through.”
What was your aim, especially as this is your last USCC race until the final round at Petit Le Mans?
Hand: “I wanted to get the car home and make sure Andy and Bill had a good start to the season. I don’t get to be here all year, but if they were to win this championship I would think I truly had a part in it. I am now off for nine DTM races until you see me again racing in the USCC. It is a bit sad because I love this programme. I have had a good time here and it is a place where I have learnt a lot and has just become my home. When I come back here, even though I am a third wheel as I call it, it is all the same guys so I don’t feel I am not supposed to be here and really enjoy my time. I am going to miss it but I am going to have my programme in the DTM and I am excited about it.

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleThumb&dokNo=P90144936&quality=60

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleThumb&dokNo=P90144934&quality=60

BMW Power
16-04-14, 10:06
Third consecutive podium finish.
Third race, third podium: BMW Team RLL scored a third consecutive podium in the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, finishing second and sixth in Long Beach.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/04/USCC_Long_Beach.jpg.resource.1397378335703.jpg

John Edwards and Dirk Müller scored their first podium of the season, racing the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM to second place. After 75 laps of the 1.968-mile street circuit, the duo finished 5.408 seconds behind the winning Corvette of Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia in the 100-minute race.
Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx had a disappointing finish in sixth after an excellent start in the number 55 car. As Priaulx entered the pit lane on lap 32 he nicked the wall and knocked off the right side mirror, costing them an extra 15 seconds for the mechanics to replace the door. However, sixth was enough for them to retain the lead in the driver points standings.
“Second was a good finish for us today. We got held up in the beginning by one of the prototypes, and that really was the difference. It was unfortunate that Andy came in and just touched the wall and took the mirror off. By the time they replaced the door they had lost valuable time. I was disappointed for the 55 car, but they scored points and kept the lead.”
“This is my first podium of the year and my first podium at Long Beach. It was a really hard fight, especially with the prototype at the beginning when we lost too much ground, and with no yellows throughout the race we could never make it up. I am happy with second considering all the variables, but I really think we had the pace to pressure Magnussen and Garcia if we hadn’t fallen back at the beginning.”
“Sometimes there are second places that come easily, but this was not one of those. John did a fantastic job in the beginning and really had a good start. He made up one spot and was a solid second. With the prototype in front of all the GTLM cars but one, first place was gone. There were no yellows, which was good for the spectators, but unlucky for us. I had lots of understeer, which meant I could not attack, but my car was quick enough to keep Tommy Milner behind me.”
“That was certainly not the finish we wanted! All you can ask for is to have a car capable of winning. We had that today, but a bit of bad luck cost us. Fortunately, we did not lose the lead in the championship. If that was our bad luck for the year we’ll take it.”
“From the moment the car left the pits to the moment I jumped out of it I felt really strong. Unfortunately, I had some bad luck. I got delayed by the prototypes and that cost us some seconds on the way into the pits. I lost the mirror and that cost us some more time. Unfortunately in a short race like this you can’t have that happen. There were no yellows and we just needed one to be back up there. It is just disappointing we are not where we wanted to be, but we are still leading the championship.”

BMW Power
01-05-14, 20:35
Gearing up for the USCC round at Laguna Seca.
BMW Team RLL brings its two BMW Z4 GTLM racing cars and the lead in the class Team and Driver championships to Laguna Seca for Round 4 of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship on 4th May 2014.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/05/BMW_Z4_GTLM_Laguna_Seca.jpg.resource.1398935693458 .jpg

Following the team’s third consecutive podium – a second place finish at Long Beach by the Number 56 car of John Edwards and Dirk Müller – all BMW Team RLL drivers stand in the top-five with Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx leading the driver points and Edwards and Müller only six points back in fourth.
This year’s race at the historic 2.238-mile, 11-turn circuit will be two hours long with GTLM and Prototype cars racing together. BMW Team RLL has raced there since its first season in 2009 with best finishes of second place in 2010 and 2011.

BMW Power
05-05-14, 09:58
Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix Powered By Mazda

Δοκιμαστικά (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20MRLS%20P_GTLM%20Grid%20Offi cial.pdf)

Αγώνας (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20MRLS%20P_GTLM%20Race%20Unof ficial.pdf)

BMW Power
05-05-14, 14:21
Fourth USCC podium for BMW Team RLL.
With a last lap pass in the final turn of the United SportsCar Championship race at California’s Laguna Seca circuit Bill Auberlen, driving the Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, secured the fourth consecutive BMW Team RLL podium finish of the 2014 season.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/05/USCC_Laguna_1.jpg.resource.1399289256884.jpg

The runner-up finish keeps Auberlen and team-mate, Andy Priaulx, at the top of the driver points standings and BMW Team RLL in the lead in the team points. The duo completed 84 laps during the two-hour race, finishing 4.710 seconds behind the winning Corvette of Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
The race of team-mates John Edwards and Dirk Müller, in the Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, was affected by a vibration that forced starting driver Edwards to pit on lap 22 and later in closing stages of the race when Müller was penalised for avoidable contact and called to the pit lane for a stop-and-go penalty. They finished tenth.
“Bill did a great job in the No. 55 car at the end, but the Porsche ran him off the road twice. It is good to be on the podium again and good for Bill and Andy for their championship. This is our third second place here, and we need to do something about that. It was a hard race today. We took a different pit strategy to the other cars. It worked, but it is a shame the number 56 car got penalized.”
“Anyone who knows me and has raced against me all these years will tell you I race clean, but when I try to pass another car on the outside of 11 and they slam the door and then do it again on the next lap I am really unhappy. Andy did a great job and he was staying with everybody. You can't ask anything else of a team mate as he handed me a perfect car. It is great to finish second and extend our lead in the championship.”
“I am really happy. I had a good stint. I had good tyre degradation, saved fuel and handed the car over to Bill in a really good position. I have never been here before and I think I had a very strong weekend. It is great to be coming out of here still leading the championship. That was my goal and I achieved that today. At the end of the day I go home really happy.”
“It was a frustrating race as our Z4 was really quick. I had a little moment when a prototype passed me on the inside where I thought I could stay ahead one more corner and let him by on the straight. But he came off the brake and was beside me so I had to brake harder to tuck in and locked the up tires. So that gave us a big flat spot and forced us to look at an alternative strategy to the one discussed before the race.”
“It is a real shame because we had a really good day going. I had a great car and we were quick. John did a good job, but everybody was playing tactics and basically it was a big train in the beginning. We changed our strategy and I think it paid off because I was mega quick. Then there was that incident with Ollie (Gavin) at the end. I got the penalty. Obviously, I have a different view on that. It was not my intention to have contact with him and I am sorry for that. Nevertheless the race was ruined and our podium went away.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/05/USCC_Laguna_2.jpg.resource.1399289256584.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/05/USCC_Laguna_3.jpg.resource.1399289257051.jpg

BMW Power
06-05-14, 11:59
Η BMW Team RLL τερματίζει 2η στο Laguna Seca

02.05.2014 to 04.05.2014, Tudor United Sportscar Championship 2014, Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, Mazda Raceway Laguna ...

Laguna Seca (US). Με μία προσπέραση στην τελευταία στροφή του τελευταίου γύρου του αγώνα του United SportsCar Championship (USCC) στο σιρκουί Laguna Seca της Καλιφόρνια, ο Bill Auberlen (US), οδηγώντας τη BMW Z4 GTLM με Νο 55, διασφάλισε τον τέταρτο συνεχόμενο τερματισμό στο βάθρο με τη BMW Team RLL για φέτος.
Με αυτή τη δεύτερη θέση, ο Auberlen με τον ομόσταυλό του, Andy Priaulx (GB), παραμένουν στην κορυφή της κατάταξης των οδηγών, ενώ η BMW Team RLL αντίστοιχα ηγείται των ομάδων. Το δίδυμο ολοκλήρωσε 84 γύρους κατά τη διάρκεια του δίωρου αγώνα, τερματίζοντας 4,710 δευτ. πίσω από την Corvette των Jan Magnussen (DK) και Antonio Garcia (ES) που προηγήθηκε.
Ο αγώνας των team-mates τους John Edwards (US) και Dirk Müller (DE), με τη BMW Z4 GTLM με Νο 56, επηρεάστηκε από ένα κραδασμό που ανάγκασε τον Edwards να πάει στα pits στον 22ο γύρο ενω αργότερα, προς το τέλος του αγώνα όταν ο Müller τιμωρήθηκε για επαφή που μπορούσε να αποφύγει και κλήθηκε στο pit lane για ποινή stop-and-go. Τελικά, τερμάτισαν στη 10η θέση.

Bobby Rahal (Διευθυντής Ομάδας BMW Team RLL):
«Ο Bill έκανε θαυμάσια δουλειά με το αυτοκίνητο No 55 στο τέλος, αλλά η Porsche τον έβγαλε εκτός πίστας δύο φορές. Η νέα θέση στο βάθρο είναι καλή και χρήσιμη για τους Bill και Andy όσον αφορά τη διεκδίκηση του πρωταθλήματος. Είναι η 3η φορά που τερματίζουμε δεύτεροι εδώ, και χρειάζεται να κάνουμε κάτι γι αυτό. Ήταν σκληρός ο αγώνας σήμερα. Ακολουθήσαμε διαφορετική στρατηγική pit stop στα άλλα αυτοκίνητα. Αυτή απέδωσε αλλά είναι κρίμα που το Νο56 τιμωρήθηκε.»

Bill Auberlen ( BMW Z4 GTLM -Νο 55):
«Όποιος με ξέρει και έχει αγωνιστεί μαζί μου όλα αυτά τα χρόνια θα σας πει ότι αγωνίζομαι καθαρά αλλά όταν προσπαθώ να προσπεράσω από την εξωτερική πλευρά της 11 και με χτυπούν στην πόρτα, ενώ το ίδιο επαναλαμβάνεται στον επόμενο γύρο, τότε είμαι απαρηγόρητος. Ο Andy έκανε θαυμάσια δουλειά και υποστήριξε τους πάντες. Δεν μπορείς να ζητήσεις κάτι άλλο από έναν team mate που σου παραδίδει ένα τέλειο αυτοκίνητο. Είναι θαυμάσιο που τερματίσαμε δεύτεροι και αυξάνουμε τη διαφορά μας στην κορυφή του πρωταθλήματος.»

Andy Priaulx (BMW Z4 GTLM -Νο 55):
«Είμαι πραγματικά ευτυχής. Οδήγησα ένα καλό stint. Είχα καλή μείωση απόδοσης ελαστικών (degradation), έκανα οικονομία καυσίμου και παρέδωσα το αυτοκίνητο στον Bill σε πολύ καλή θέση. Δεν είχα ξανάρθει ποτέ εδώ και πιστεύω ότι είχα ένα πολύ καλό Σαββατοκύριακο. Είναι θαυμάσιο που φεύγουμε από εδώ παραμένοντας πρώτοι στο πρωτάθλημα. Αυτός ήταν ο στόχος μου και επιτεύχθηκε. Τελειώνοντας ο αγώνας επιστρέφω στη βάση μου πραγματικά ευτυχής.»

John Edwards (BMW Z4 GTLM -Νο 56):
«Ήταν ένας απογοητευτικός αγώνας γιατί η Z4 μας ήταν πραγματικά γρήγορη. Είχα μια άτυχη στιγμή όταν με προσπέρασε ένα πρωτότυπο από την εσωτερική πλευρά όπου πίστευα ότι μπορούσα να παραμείνω μπροστά για μία ακόμα στροφή και να τον αφήσω να περάσει στην ευθεία. Αλλά άφησε τα φρένα ενώ ήταν δίπλα μου, οπότε και έπρεπε να φρενάρω δυνατά ώστε να βρεθώ πίσω του, με αποτέλεσμα να μπλοκάρω τους τροχούς. Αυτό δημιούργησε τοπική φθορά στα ελαστικά, κάτι που μας ανάγκασε να ακολουθήσουμε διαφορετική στρατηγική από αυτή που είχαμε συζητήσει πριν τον αγώνα.»

Dirk Müller (BMW Z4 GTLM –Νο 56):
«Είναι πραγματικά κρίμα επειδή όλα πήγαιναν καλά. Είχα ένα θαυμάσιο αυτοκίνητο και ήμασταν γρήγοροι. Ο John έκανε καλή δουλειά, αλλά όλοι έπαιζαν παιχνίδια στρατηγικής και βασικά στην αρχή δημιουργήθηκε ένα μεγάλο ‘τρένο’. Αλλάξαμε τη στρατηγική μας και πιστεύω ότι αυτό μας αντάμειψε επειδή ήμουν εξαιρετικά γρήγορος. Μετά ακολούθησε το περιστατικό με τον Ollie (Gavin) στο τέλος. Πήρα ποινή. Προφανώς, έχω διαφορετική άποψη επί του θέματος. Δεν είχα πρόθεση για επαφή μαζί του και λυπάμαι γι’ αυτό. Παρόλα αυτά ο αγώνας καταστράφηκε και το βάθρο έκανε φτερά.»

BMW Power
12-05-14, 14:35
Andy Priaulx trains with junior rugby stars.
No sooner had Andy Priaulx returned to England after his successful start to the USCC at Laguna Seca, than he was spending the entire day training with the English U20 rugby team at the BMW Performance Academy.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/05/Priaulx-Rugby.jpg.resource.1399889493671.jpg

Priaulx spoke to the youngsters about routes to success in professional sport and offered them an insight into the world of motorsport. He showed them techniques for mental training and allowed them to complete a few laps in the kart and Formula One simulators. Priaulx and team-mate Bill Auberlen currently lead the Drivers’ standings in the United SportsCar Championship.
You did some training with the English Rugby Football Union Under 20s at the BMW Performance Academy. What were you able to teach them?
Priaulx: "Yes, this was a great opportunity. I always enjoy meeting other professional sportsmen and these guys are pretty good at what they do. I was able to give them an insight into the life of a professional racing driver. They were able to try their skills on the simulators. I was also to talk to them about how racing and rugby could easily cross over in the way professionals need to approach the sports. I was able to explain some of the pitfalls along the way and how a positive mental approach is as important as being physically fit."
Andy, after the first four races of the United SportsCar Championship and leading the championship what are your thoughts for the rest of the season?
Andy Priaulx: "First of all I must say I think I have found the ideal fit for me and my driving skills. I have some pretty high bench marks in the team, and the two times I qualified I was up against John Edwards in the other BMW Z4 GTLM and he is young and very quick. I won't say I am surprised to be leading the driver points standings, as I know what I can do in a car, but being the new boy it usually takes you a while to get used to everything. I have enjoyed learning some new tracks, and can't wait to get to the next round in Watkins Glen, another circuit that comes with quite a reputation. From now on my goal must be to keep scoring points with the title my ultimate goal."
Do you feel at home at BMW Team RLL and joining forces with your team-mate, Bill Auberlen?
Priaulx: "Awesome! Bobby Rahal is a total legend and it is great to be driving for a team principal who has had such an impressive racing career of his own. He has a great group of guys in the team and the operation is slick. I have driven for some great teams in my career and this one is up there with the very best. As for Bill, I count myself as extremely lucky to be racing alongside him. He knows the team, the car, the circuits and how to drive in these races. He has taken me under his wing as the 'new boy' and I know I can ask him advice on anything. It is also nice that we get along socially and have fun out of the car."

BMW Power
26-06-14, 08:06
The long break is over and BMW Team RLL heads to new territory in Watkins Glen for round five of the series.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/06/USCC_Watkins_Glen.jpg.resource.1403707739183.jpg

02.05.2014 to 04.05.2014, Tudor United Sportscar Championship 2014, Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, Mazda Raceway Laguna ...

Munich (DE), 25th June 2014. BMW Team RLL will contest its first race at the classic Watkins Glen International circuit this weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen in round five of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship.
The series restarts following a seven-week break for teams competing at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (FR). BMW Team RLL drivers Bill Auberlen (US) and Andy Priaulx (GB) currently lead the GTLM driver points and their number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM leads the team points standings. John Edwards (US) and Dirk Müller (DE), drivers of the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, stand sixth in driver points and eighth in team points. BMW is second in GTLM Manufacturer points, only two points behind Porsche.
In preparation for the race on Sunday, the team held a two-day test at the 3.37-mile, 11-turn road course on 21st and 22nd May with drivers Auberlen, Müller and Priaulx present. Completing a total of 207 laps, the critical test gave both Müller and Priaulx their first laps of the circuit that was home of the US Grand Prix from 1961 to 1980. Edwards did not test, having gained experience at the Glen in the recent Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge competition.
In past years, BMW teams have had success at Watkins Glen and the six-hour race. Most recently Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates raced to the overall win in 2010 with the number 01 BMW Riley and, in 2004, Auberlen and Boris Said took the GT win in a BMW Team PTG M3. Seventeen years earlier, in 1987, the first generation BMW M3 scored a one-two finish in the Firehawk Endurance Championship. Bobby Rahal, Team Principal, drove his very first Formula One race at WGI in 1978, finishing 12th. He also drove to two top-five finishes in International Race of Champions (IROC) in 1986-1988.
“It’s exciting to be back at Watkins Glen, which is certainly one of the crown jewels of racing circuits in this country. It’s the first race for BMW Team RLL at Watkins Glen and we’re looking forward to it. We tested there recently, although the weather didn’t totally cooperate. There are a lot of high speed corners, which we’re pleased about, and there is a long straightaway, which we’re not so pleased about, but just to be back at Watkins Glen is important for BMW, our team and sports car racing. It’s going to be a tough race for sure, but it’s such a great circuit. A great-handling car can definitely make a difference there, so I’m hopeful we can take advantage of our strengths.”
“This has been one of those amazing years and they are very hard to come by. We have managed to be on the podium all but once in the most competitive racing series around and it's all due to the incredible BMW Z4 GTLM, BMW Team RLL and Andy Priaulx. With some luck we can extend our championship lead coming out of Watkins Glen, which is one of the most incredible tracks in the world. It's going to be a gruelling six-hour fight to victory lane and we are more than prepared to get it done. I'm really looking forward to Watkins Glen and giving it our all.”
“I’m very much looking forward to getting back to the Glen after what was a great test a few weeks ago, and crucially an ideal opportunity for me to learn this very challenging circuit. I would say that The Glen should suit our car; it’s a circuit that requires a good balance in order to fully commit to the high-speed corners. This is where the BMW Z4 GTLM is strong. Again, like all the races so far the year, we need to keep our head and score points and keep building our championship campaign. It’s going to be a long race with many cars on track and staying out of trouble will be crucial.”
“Watkins Glen is one of my favourite tracks in the country, and I'm really excited to be going there this year with the BMW Z4 GTLM. The car has quite a bit more downforce than anything else I've driven at Watkins Glen, so it should be an intense race. The BMW Z4 GTLM's strength also lies in carrying momentum, so it is a good thing that there aren't any slow corners leading on to long straights here. Dirk and I have had some bad luck in a couple races this season, which has put us behind in points, so we're ready to rebound and win some races the rest of this year, hopefully starting this weekend.”
“I’m looking forward to a great weekend with a big six-hour race. Watkins Glen is an incredibly quick and challenging circuit. We’ve had enough time to get ready after our break and all the batteries are charged and ready to go!”

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleThumb&dokNo=P90149241&quality=60

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleThumb&dokNo=P90149239&quality=60

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleThumb&dokNo=P90149123&quality=60

BMW Power
01-07-14, 09:24
Disappointment at Watkins Glen.
The beginning of BMW Team RLL’s Six Hour of the Glen story was better than the ending, as the team was unable to capitalise on its excellent starting positions (first and third) at Watkins Glen International Raceway.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/06/USCC_Watkins_Glen_2.jpg.resource.1404120038569.jpg

The day of struggle ultimately ended with sixth and tenth place finishes in the GTLM class of the United SportsCar Championship.
The number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM of John Edwards and Dirk Müller finished sixth after completing 185 laps of the 5.43 kilometre track. Their race was marred by Edwards having to take evasive action due to a spinning competitor during the second hour and dropping from third to ninth. Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx had an unfortunate day in the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, having to make ten pit stops to their teammates’ six, for a myriad of problems after starting from BMW Team RLL’s first pole position of the season.
A stop-and-hold penalty for avoidable contact by Auberlen just before the third hour combined with three punctures left them in tenth, their worst result of the season and drops them out of the lead in the driver points. The race was won by the Corvette of Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
In the GTD class the winner was the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD driven by Dane Cameron and Markus Palttala after leading for 169 of the 178 laps.
Jay O’Connell (VP Technology BMW Team RLL):
“Our cars were well-balanced and fast, but it was difficult to show that today with everything that happened. Hopefully, we have had all our bad luck. It is a tough day when you end up P6 and a lap down in tenth.”
“It was a very exciting race, but not necessarily in a good way. We had an issue right after one of the re-starts where I came round the corner, a Prototype had spun and I had to go off to avoid it. As I went off to the right, he turned the wheel and backed out to the right, so I had to go even further off. It cost me seven positions. It is surprising in a six-hour race we can’t recover from that, but there was a really long period of green flag running and we needed yellows to catch back up.”
“I had three thrilling stints and loved them all. I was really quick in all of them and put no scratches on the car. The BMW Z4 GTLM ran well. Unfortunately, we had really tough luck. John had to avoid an accident and made the best of the situation; he went outside and lost seven positions. Considering the alternative, we’ll accept a sixth place finish.”
“That was a weird and very challenging day and it makes it much, much worse when you have a great car, but a lot of bad things go against you. I can’t remember the last time the car was that good and felt so connected. However, nothing went our way. We just hope it is now behind us. We leave second in the points, but at least we are still near the top.”
“We had a relatively good start, but that’s really all we had today. Unfortunately, in the areas where we needed to pass we weren’t quite strong enough. It opened Bill to bad luck and the call for avoidable contact went against him this time. Better luck in Canada.”

BMW Power
10-07-14, 11:10
BMW Team RLL and the USCC visit Canada.

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleZoom&dokNo=P90154874&quality=80

Munich (DE), 9th July 2014. Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formally Mosport International Raceway) is next up for BMW Team RLL as the 2014 United SportsCar Championship makes its only visit to Canada on 13th July.
The classic circuit northwest of Toronto (CA) is one of the fastest in North America and a favourite of most drivers for its challenging, high-speed corners. It hosted the Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix eight times in the years between 1967 and 1977, a part of the most dangerous decade Formula 1 ever saw.
BMW Team RLL is coming off its most disappointing finish of the season, with sixth and tenth, after its best qualifying effort, first and third, at Watkins Glen International. The 2 hour 45 minute race in Canada has never been the most successful venue for BMW drivers, as they have failed to reach the podium in the last three season’s events. In last year’s American Le Mans Series race BMW Team RLL finished fifth and sixth.
Tenth in Watkins Glen has dropped Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx to second place in the driver points standings. They now stand nine points in arrears of the leaders and the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM is an equal amount back in the team standings. John Edwards and Dirk Müller are seventh in the driver points. BMW is third in the manufacturer points, only four points behind Porsche and five points from Corvette.
“We’re looking forward to going to Mosport which is one of my favorite tracks although, frankly, we haven’t had much luck there in recent years. Obviously with that long, long back straight, regardless of how fast you are going through the corners, it is really the major feature of the track. As always, we’ll do our best and see if we can manage to avoid the problems that occurred at Watkins Glen and stay with the lead guys. Obviously the Corvettes have something over everybody; they’re clearly the dominant car this year with the new chassis, but, as always, we’ll give it our best shot.”
“The first half of the year has been amazing. Andy and I have had great success, and until the last race we held the championship lead in the points. The GTLM class is so competitive that on any given weekend anybody can win, and the points chase is so tight that we need to keep pushing and fighting for the top step of the podium. We are going to do our homework before CTMP and come out ready to win. It's great to know that when the going gets tough that you can rely on the best in the business with the BMW Team RLL guys and their commitment to win every race.”
“Again this will be a new track for me and with the sessions being so busy it will be tough to get many quality laps before the race. With this in mind my preparation will be even more intense. I hope that Bill and I will be strong yet again, and keep the fight for the championship alive. Corvette is really dominant at the moment, but I will not lose faith. We will do everything we can to stay in touch.”
“Last year I was at the Mosport round of the ALMS series but wasn't driving, so I'm glad I won't have to watch from the sidelines this weekend. The flowing high-speed corners will suit the BMW Z4, but we will have to fight hard in the race when we deal with traffic. So far this season the GTLM category has been extremely competitive, and I don't expect the race at Mosport to be any different. Dirk and I are pretty far down in points after some bad luck early in the season, so we will be pushing rather than driving conservatively, as we target race wins the rest of this season.”
Dirk Müller (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM)
“This is one of my favorite circuits and, after our tough luck at Watkins Glen, we are really motivated to change it for the better. I love all the changes they made around the track in recent years to make it better for everyone. Yes, the uphill section will be difficult with our top speed disadvantage, but that is where we are with the balance of performance and it does not lessen my enthusiasm for the circuit.”

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleZoom&dokNo=P90154866&quality=80

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleZoom&dokNo=P90154860&quality=80

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/download/edown/pressclub/publicq?actEvent=scaleZoom&dokNo=P90154858&quality=80

BMW Power
12-07-14, 19:17
The USCC visits Canada.
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formally Mosport International Raceway) is next up for BMW Team RLL as the 2014 United SportsCar Championship makes its only visit to Canada on 13th July.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/07/P90149213_highRes.jpg.resource.1404905673352.jpg

The classic circuit northwest of Toronto is one of the fastest in North America and a favourite of most drivers for its challenging, high-speed corners. It hosted the Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix eight times in the years between 1967 and 1977, a part of the most dangerous decade Formula 1 ever saw.
BMW Team RLL is coming off its most disappointing finish of the season, with sixth and tenth, after its best qualifying effort, first and third, at Watkins Glen International. The 2 hour 45 minute race in Canada has never been the most successful venue for BMW drivers, as they have failed to reach the podium in the last three season’s events. In last year’s American Le Mans Series race BMW Team RLL finished fifth and sixth.
Tenth in Watkins Glen has dropped Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx to second place in the driver points standings. They now stand nine points in arrears of the leaders and the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM is an equal amount back in the team standings. John Edwards and Dirk Müller are seventh in the driver points. BMW is third in the manufacturer points, only four points behind Porsche and five points from Corvette.

BMW Power
14-07-14, 09:00
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park / 2.459 miles
Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix Presented by Hawk Performance
July 10 - 13, 2014 / Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

Δοκιμαστικά (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20CTMP%20Revised%20Grid%20Off icial.pdf?invalidate-cache=1405017110)

Αγώνας (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20CTMP%20Race%20Provisional.p df?invalidate-cache=1405017110)

BMW Power
15-07-14, 10:23
BMW Team RLL finishes fourth and sixth.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/07/USCC3.jpg.resource.1405330259940.jpg

BMW Team RLL improved from its starting positions to finish fourth and sixth in the sixth round of the United SportsCar Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, in Bowmanville. After a wet morning warm up session, the 2 hour 45 minute race was held under sunny skies and ran caution free.

The number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM of John Edwards and Dirk Müller finished fourth, completing 126 laps of the 2.459-mile, 10-turn circuit. Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx also had a solid day, finishing sixth in the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM after starting from tenth in class. The race was won by the Corvette of Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
In the GTD class the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD, driven by Dane Cameron and Markus Palttala, finished third.
"Realistically fourth is pretty darned good. Early on we got separated as the Corvette and Viper got away from everybody, and we just couldn’t chase them down. But I am pleased with fourth and sixth based on where we qualified. The car's pace was pretty good. We were just not quite fast enough, but we will keep on pushing. I am very pleased with the job the drivers did. They were opportunistic and were able to pass. We had great pit stops today, so those guys did their jobs. All in all we have got to be happy with where we ended up."
"We had good starts, very good stints and John and myself had a car that we could push with. We ended up fourth, and I think that was our maximum result, so that is why we are happy, although it is true I really wanted to be on the podium. We had a clean race, and there were not any scratches on the car apart from some knocks from behind, as usual. I had fun in the car and so did John. We were pushing like crazy and that was the maximum we could have done."
"It was really hard work just to come fourth. Our pace was decent and we got through traffic pretty well. It is not an easy track and I lost a lot of sweat in this race. Even when you are by yourself you are working really hard here. I am exhausted but pleased with the result."
"We went in the right direction today. I gained a position and then Andy got in the car and got two more. Good driving and great racing today. We can be pleased with our performance."
"The car was transformed today and was much, much better. The guys did a great job last night, as they changed everything. We had a good solid day, those are good points for me and Bill and this keeps us in some sort of contention for the championship, although it is going to be tough as the Corvettes are really strong. The battle I had was awesome. I closed on the Falken Porsche, and just slipped by on the inside in turn one as a Prototype went through. We went all round the outside and he was very fair with me. It was quite edgy and then there was the Corvette. He was defending really heavily but I came through, saw a gap and took it."

BMW Power
15-07-14, 10:48
https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/201407/P90156885/P90156885-14-07-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-bowmanville-ca-usa-600px.jpg

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/201407/P90156884/P90156884-14-07-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-bowmanville-ca-usa-600px.jpg

BMW Power
23-07-14, 08:14
BMW Team RLL heads to legendary Indianapolis.

Something old and new is up next for BMW Team RLL when it comes to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to contest round seven of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship on a circuit that combines part of the legendary speedway and a newly revised infield road course.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/07/USCC_Indy.jpg.resource.1406045622113.jpg

The “Brickyard Grand Prix” was part of the GRAND-AM series from 2012, so Bill Auberlen and John Edwards have raced there twice, but the revised circuit effectively means this year’s event will be brand new for everyone at BMW Team RLL. Auberlen again will share duties with Andy Priaulx in the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM while Edwards will race the number 56 car together with Dirk Müller.
Auberlen and Priaulx are in a tie with two other drivers for second place in the USCC drivers’ rankings, 19 points behind the lead. Edwards and Müller stand fifth in the driver points. In the manufacturers’ championship, BMW is currently third, ten points behind the lead.
The original Indy road course hosted the United States Grand Prix from 2000 to 2007. The 2.439-mile, 14-turn revised Indy road course was finished this year and was first used on 10th May for the new “IndyCar Grand Prix of Indianapolis”. The “Brickyard Grand Prix” will take the green flag at 17:45 ET Friday, 25th July.
“I think Indianapolis Motor Speedway has done a fantastic job with the new road racing circuit. The IndyCar race was great and I feel that the IMSA race will be equally as good. It has some interesting corners in the infield, but certainly the front straightaway is very, very long. It’s going to be a tough race for us but we’ll keep pushing and see what we get.”
“It's been a tough couple of races recently and Indy will not be any easier. Our top speed deficit was obvious at Mosport. Both Andy and I have to focus to make every lap count and put a stint together that keeps the number 55 car as high up the order as we can.”
“Indy will be another new challenge for me, as this is a track that I have not driven before. So far my race preparations for the previous races have worked out ok, so I will not change this process. I am very conscious that, since coming back from Le Mans, Corvette have been pretty much untouchable, so we need to hope that soon we can close this gap and stay in the fight for the championship. Bill and I will keep pushing to keep the title fight alive.”
“I saw my first ever F1 race at Indy and that was a big part of getting me into racing. I think the new layout will help the BMW Z4 GTLM since it adds some cornering where we would have been flat out otherwise. We put a good race together in Mosport, but lacked a little bit of pace to the frontrunners, but there have been some Balance of Performance changes since then so we will see how that affects the racing this weekend. Although Dirk and I had some bad luck in a couple races early in the year, the championship is still very tight from P2 to P7, so we will be pushing harder than ever to move back up the standings.”
“Indy will be a new experience for me. I’ve never been to the 500 and I’m looking forward to seeing the home of the great race. We have reviewed video from the IndyCar race in May and will have to work hard for a good result as the track will certainly favour our competitors.”

BMW Power
23-07-14, 11:04
COMPETITIVE GTLM CLASS DEBUTS AT INDIANAPOLIS
Featuring the best GT racing on the planet, the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class of the TUDOR United SportsCar Challenge will race for the first time at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/resize/GTLM%20small-350x200.jpg

It’s shaping up as a wide-open battle among factory teams from Corvette, Viper, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari.

Corvette Racing is currently enjoying the upper hand in GTLM, with Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen riding a four-race winning streak into the Brickyard. The pair scored the first victory for the new Chevrolet Corvette C.7.R at Long Beach, and backed it up by winning in the bright yellow No. 3 ‘Vette at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen International and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan is looking to make it five in a row at Indy, although he wouldn’t mind seeing the No. 4 Corvette of Tommy Milner and Oliver Gavin reach the top of the podium.

“There aren’t many race circuits in the world with a history as deep as Indianapolis,” Fehan said. “For more than 100 years, it has been a focal point of the American racing landscape. Having the opportunity to bring the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R – in its first season – to race in front of such knowledgeable and passionate fans and Corvette owners is a tremendous opportunity. Chevrolet has a prodigious history at IMS. We are excited to write a new chapter in Indianapolis and Corvette Racing history.”

Bobby Rahal also knows about winning at the Speedway – he drove to victory in the 1986 Indy 500 while fielding the winning car for Buddy Rice in 2004. This weekend, BMW Team RLL has a pair of BMW Z4 GTEs, the No. 55 for Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx and the No. 56 for John Edwards and Dirk Muller.

“I think Indianapolis Motor Speedway has done a fantastic job with the new road racing circuit,” Rahal said. “The IndyCar race was great and I feel that the IMSA race will be equally as good. It’s going to be tough for us because it’s a fast circuit with a long, long straightaway, but we’ll keep pushing and see what we get.”

SRT Motorsports has momentum on its side, coming off a pair of podium finishes at CTMP. Jonathan Bomarito and Kuno Wittmer finished second in the No. 93 Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R, followed by Marc Goossens and Dominik Farnbacher in the No. 91 IT Automotive Viper.

Porsche fans get the opportunity to cheer for three cars fielded by two different teams.

Porsche North America has a pair of 911 RSRs, the No. 911 for Rolex 24 At Daytona winners Nick Tandy and Richard Lietz, and the No. 912 for Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida winners Patrick Long and Michael Christensen.

Team Falken Tire has a pair of former Indianapolis-winning drivers in the No. 17 Porsche 911 RSR. Wolf Henzler won three Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup rounds supporting Formula One events in 2003 and 2004. Bryan Sellers won last year’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge race for Fall-Line Motorsports.

“This weekend will be the first time we race at Indianapolis with a works Porsche 911,” said Jens Walther, president and CEO of Porsche Motorsport North America. “The knowledge and enthusiasm of the fans here at Indianapolis, like at Le Mans, places a high level of importance on the event and adds to the reward if you can be successful here."

Ferrari is represented by the No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari F458 Italia of Giancarlo Fisichella and Pierre Kaffer. Fisichella – coming off a GTE Pro class victory for Ferrari in the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans – was an eight-time Formula One competitor at Indianapolis, placing third in 2006 among seven top-10 finishes in the U.S. Grand Prix.

GTLM offers close, competitive racing, with the top 10 cars typically separated by less than one second. It’s anyone’s guess who will kiss the bricks and secure bragging rights for the first visit of the competitive class to the famed Speedway.

BMW Power
25-07-14, 11:33
Brickyard Grand Prix

Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Race Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Circuit Length: 2.435 miles

Qualifying (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20Indy%20Qualifying.pdf)

- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/races/brickyard-grand-prix#sthash.SXmIihzN.dpuf

BMW Power
28-07-14, 09:30
Sixth and seventh at Indianapolis.
Despite both BMW Team RLL BMW Z4 GTLMs showing speed in practice and qualifying and taking their turns leading Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix, the race ended with neither car reaching the Indianapolis Motor Speedway podium.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/07/P90149213_highRes.jpg.resource.1404905673352.jpg

Round seven of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship (USCC), the first race of the new sports car series held at the 2.435-mile, 14-turn Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, was a dramatic affair. Contact from the extremely close competition ultimately slowed both BMWs, relegating Andy Priaulx and Bill Auberlen to sixth and John Edwards and Dirk Müller to seventh at the end of the 105 lap, 2hr 45 min race.
In the GTD class, the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD, driven by Dane Cameron and Paul Dalla Lana, experienced bad luck and finished 15th.
“We got caught up in some incidents at re-starts and damaged the front of the number 56 car. I think we probably lost some downforce, and we were very slow on the straights. We were missing half the front bodywork and you can’t do that and expect to win. Our pace in the beginning of the race was good until that point. The 55 car had a physical race as well. All things considered, it was a very frustrating day.”
“We were pretty much quickest in every practice session and qualified P2 and P5. I thought we had a chance here, but the problem was too much carnage on the track. Both cars got damaged and didn’t handle properly in the race. But the team was flawless and, along with Michelin, provided us with every tool we needed. The damage to the car ultimately slowed us. I feel bad for the team. We were lucky to have finished.”
“It was a tough race. We had a good first stint and were looking quite racy. Unfortunately, a prototype car hit me from behind, turned me round and damaged the car. At the re-start I was shuffled back from P1 to P6. The car was strong all weekend in terms of single lap pace, so I think there are some positives from our performance.”
“I am trying to be optimistic, but unfortunately this was another race to forget. We were looking good at the start. The Ferrari made a mistake and we got in the lead with the 55 car in P2. With yellows bunching up the field it just became mayhem again. I lost some time in traffic, had some damage from traffic and slower PC cars.”
“I had a blunt instrument for my fight today. Because of the damage at the front of the car I was down probably ten kilometers in top speed on the long straight. I found a way to drive around it and my lap times were actually quite good. At the start of the race when we were leading I thought this was our shot here, but then we got hit…”

BMW Power
07-08-14, 10:46
BMW Team RLL heads to Road America.
Road America is always a favourite stop for teams and drivers of the United SportsCar Championship. More than four miles long, many of the Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin circuit’s 14 turns are some of the most challenging in the world.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/08/USCC_Pre_Road_America.jpg.resource.1407341792489.j pg

On 10th August, BMW Team RLL will race there for the sixth-consecutive year in the 2.45-hour Road Race Showcase.
Road America has been host to much of BMW Team RLL’s success. In 2009, Bill Auberlen and Joey Hand drove to the programme’s first American Le Mans Series GT class victory at Road America from the team’s first pole position. The next year, Hand and Dirk Müller were the GT class winners. In 2011, the second and third steps of the podium were reached. In 2012, Auberlen and Jörg Müller were back on top of the GT podium.
Unfortunately, the debut of the BMW Z4 GTLM in 2013 did not achieve the same result, with the team finishing seventh and eighth. This year, the team has failed to reach the podium in the last three rounds and will be racing for a good result in Road America. Currently, Auberlen and Andy Priaulx stand third in the driver points. John Edwards and Dirk Müller stand eighth. BMW is fourth in Manufacturer points.
“We have had a pretty good record of success at Road America. We won it three times with the BMW M3 and have always had a good feel for that track. Last year was our first year to race the BMW Z4 there and there was a pretty big disparity between our top end speed with the Corvette’s and everybody else, and that really hurt us for sure. I think the car is a better car this year than it was last year, and we will go back and give it our best shot to win another race.”
“It's been a tough couple of races lately, but we’re still close to the top of the championship standings and we’re going to a track we have won at quite a few times. In order to stay in the hunt, we need to get back on the podium.”
“I checked out this track a month ago at the BMW M3 and BMW M4 press launch courtesy of BMW NA and was absolutely blown away with it! Yet another massive commitment road circuit in the US. The last races have been tough and I’m not expecting this to be any different and, with that in mind, I’m staying realistic but still remaining ambitious. We still have a chance to score big points and need to focus on this and get the maximum from the weekend.”
John Edwards, (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM):
“Road America is right up there with the classics like Watkins Glen and Laguna Seca when it comes to American race tracks. The town of Elkhart Lake shows a lot of racing history, which makes this a great event. The GTLM field was especially tight at Indy, and I expect Road America to be no different. The weather made last year's race a little interesting at the start, and it remains the only time I've pulled off a 720 degree spin in a car without any damage. Hopefully this year's race will go smoother for us, and Dirk and I can get back to the podium.”
“Road America is well known in Europe as one of the best circuits in the States. We’ve had good fortune there in the past and we will need to push hard for a good result this weekend.”

BMW Power
18-08-14, 14:15
Back on the podium.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/08/P90158932_highRes.jpg.resource.1407744754452.jpg

Dirk Müller secured BMW Team RLL’s first podium finish in four United SportsCar Championship races. An excellent closing stint in the BMW Team RLL BMW Z4 GTLM he shares with John Edwards assured them of second in today’s race in Road America. The sister car of Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx finished eighth.

Müller had taken over the number 56 car after only eight laps of the 61-lap race from polesitter Edwards, who brought it in with damage to the front left after he saved the day by deftly avoiding the race’s first accident. In the final minutes of the race the German was chasing the winning Ferrari, while at the same time being hounded from behind by a Viper. Auberlen started in the number 55 car and handed it over to Priaulx for the remainder of the race at the end of lap 24. At his only stop, Priaulx fell back two positions following a delay so he did not run over an errant air hose and incur a penalty. He lost two more positions during late race restarts. The class was won by the Ferrari of Giancarlo Fisichella and Pierre Kaffer.

In the GTD class, the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD, driven by Dane Cameron and Marcus Palttala, won the team’s third victory of the season.

“After lap two or three the day did not look like it was going to be a good one. The number 56 car was wounded aerodynamically and that slowed us a little bit on the straights. Dirk did a great job and he was able to hold off the Viper at the end. The Ferrari was able to pull away from us on the long straights. Congratulations to them for the win. We are really pleased with second place. We’re back on the podium.”

John Edwards (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):

“It was a bit of relief for us yesterday to get the pole, as we didn’t expect to be so competitive here with all the long straights. Obviously, we played the strategy well after a bit of contact at the beginning. That gave us a shorter fueling time on the second stop and got us back in the thick of things. It was a short race for me today, so this is mostly Dirk's day after he drove really hard at the end to hold the Viper off.”

Dirk Müller (Number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):

“When I saw John have the incident only minutes into the race and the front was damaged I thought the race may be over for us. When it was my turn I used every trick in my book to chase and defend, and am proud that John and I could race BMW back on the podium.”

Bill Auberlen (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, 8th place):

“Between qualifying and the race we tipped the handling of the car over a little bit, so it took us a little while to make some adjustments during our two pit stops. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication in the pits during Andy’s stop. In order to not run over an air line they had to back him up causing us to lose a few positions.”

Andy Priaulx (Number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, 8th place):

“I think our pace was good at the end, but at the beginning and the middle we did not have the handling dialed in where we wanted it to be. Bill made a good start, but during the restarts both of us struggled. It was great for the 56 car to finish so well when they looked as if they were out of the race at the beginning.”

BMW Power
18-08-14, 14:23
Qualifying (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20Road%20America%20Grid%20Pro visional.pdf?invalidate-cache=1399133887)

Race (http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR%20Championship%20Road%20America%20Race%20Uno fficial.pdf?invalidate-cache=1399133887)

BMW Power
01-09-14, 14:43
BMW Team RLL finishes third and fourth.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/08/P90159609_highRes.jpg.resource.1408955779666.jpg

BMW Team RLL put in a strong performance in the United SportsCar Championship Oak Tree Grand Prix at Virginia International Raceway, finishing third and fourth in the race for just the GTLM and GTD classes.

John Edwards and Dirk Müller raced to a second-consecutive podium with a third place finish in the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, while the number 55 car of Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx was fourth. The result moves Edwards and Müller into a tie for third place in the GTLM driver standings with their BMW Team RLL teammates. The race was won by the Ferrari of Giancarlo Fisichella and Pierre Kaffer.
In the GTD class, the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD, driven by Dane Cameron and Markus Palttala, scored the team’s fourth victory of the season.

BMW Power
19-09-14, 08:41
BMW Team RLL heads to penultimate USCC race.
BMW Team RLL will visit the Circuit of the Americas, in Austin, Texas, on 20th September for the Lone Star Le Mans race, the penultimate round of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship (USCC).

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/09/P90159591.jpg.resource.1411046119878.jpg

BMW Team RLL finished third and fourth in last year’s inaugural American Le Mans Series race at the 5.513 kilometre, 20-turn circuit that is host to the Formula One United States Grand Prix. John Edwards and Dirk Müller finished third after starting from the back of the 33-car field following a miscue with the qualifying tyres that lost Edwards his fourth place qualifying position. Bill Auberlen and Joey Hand, substituting for Maxime Martin, started from the class pole and finished fourth.
On 10th September the team completed a one-day test at COTA. Müller and Priaulx completed more than 100 laps of the circuit in preparation for the 2 hour 45 minute race. IMSA made a number of Balance of Performance adjustments to the class on the same day with two changes made to the BMW Z4 GTLM. The weight was increased by 25 kilograms to 1,255 kilograms. And, the cars received a larger air restrictor.
Following two consecutive podium finishes, with second at Road America and third at Virginia International Raceway, Edwards and Müller have climbed up to a six-way tie for third place in the driver points that includes teammates Auberlen and Priaulx. BMW Team RLL is third with the number 56 car of Edwards and Müller and fourth with the number 55 car of Auberlen and Priaulx in the Team standings. BMW is still fourth in the Manufacturer points, with only four points separating the top-four places.
BMW Team RLL will also be racing for the programme’s 50th podium finish at COTA, after the result at VIR raised the number of podium finishes since the programme began in 2009 to a total of 49.
"COTA is a really great circuit with a premium on handling, although there is a very, very long straightaway and that is always a factor for us. It will be a tough race for us as every race has been. Our guys literally have to drive 100 per cent every lap to maintain the pace of the others, but I look forward to the event and hope it will bring success.”
“I am disappointed with the recent BoP changes, as it appears we remain a significant underdog to the rest of the GTLM class. The BMW Z4 GTLM looks like it will have to continue its role as an overachiever. We're sitting third in the championship, but it will continue to be a battle to finish on the podium.”
“We are now entering the final two races of the year and, thanks to BMW, COTA will not be a new track for me. I had a very good test on Wednesday and feel completely at home on this wonderful circuit. I really can’t wait for the race weekend. I suspect it will be an extremely tough fight now for the final races. Corvette and Viper are really strong and a race win still eludes us at BMW this year. However, as always, we will fight hard.”
“John and I bring good momentum to COTA with podiums in our last two races. We finished third there last year after a great race, and I believe we are well prepared for this year’s event based on our test. The championship battle continues!”
John Edwards (Number 56 BMWZ4 GTLM):
“Austin is a great town and COTA is a fantastic track to drive, especially in our BMW Z4. Our car really excels through the esses, easily handling the multiple changes of direction, and gives us a lot of confidence as drivers. Dirk and I finished P3 there last year after starting from the rear, and we were in the battle for the lead at the end of the race. This season, we are tied for P3 in the championship so we need two more good results in the last two races to solidify a top-three championship spot in the first year of the series. I think we're in a good spot to carry our momentum from the last two races into COTA.”

BMW Power
22-09-14, 10:54
BMW Team RLL finishes sixth and seventh.

BMW Team RLL finished sixth and seventh in the Lone Star Le Mans race at Circuit of the Americas, in Austin, Texas, the penultimate round of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/09/USCC_Austin.jpg.resource.1411296444331.jpg

Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx finished sixth in the black number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, completing 75 laps of the 5.513 kilometre, 20-turn circuit at the chequered flag after the 2 hour 45 minutes race. John Edwards and Dirk Müller finished seventh in the white number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM.
The cars qualified sixth and seventh, but Edwards started the race from fifth and Priaulx from sixth after the GTLM class polesitter was disqualified following technical inspection. There was just one yellow flag in the race on lap 21 after Edwards ran wide in turn 19 and the Astroturf ripped off his car’s rear bumper. For the majority of the race the number 56 car led the number 55, but with two laps to go Priaulx overtook Müller for sixth position.
In the GTD class, the Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GTD of Dane Cameron and Markus Palttala, racing in the team’s 300th professional race with BMW, finished third.
“This was the race we expected and I was afraid might happen. The Porsches were almost two seconds a lap faster on the fastest laps, the Vipers not much worse. We just cannot maintain the pace with the way the rules are. I hope things are better at Petit Le Mans, as they are very unfair right now. There is no balance of performance.”
“I had just a tough little run there in the middle. That is why you have a second guy you can rely on. When it was a struggle for me they put Andy in, they put him on a different tyre than I had run and he did a fantastic job, exactly what you would expect from a world champion. You lean back and you just let him do it. The crew got us out of the pits over and over in front of other cars all day long. The two BMWs raced to the end and we finished pretty much nose to tail. We need a little bit of help to get to the front. The series has let it get out of hand with the Balance of Performance, as we are nowhere and they need to fix this before the last race.”
“It has been a tough weekend, but we knew it was going to be really hard. Bill and I had two really tough first stints. The tyre we chose clearly wasn’t right for the conditions. Bill was up to speed nicely and brought the car back in a really good position. He helped the team with feedback to give me the right tyre for the last run, and that’s what made the difference.”
“We expected a hard day at the office, and it really was. It is really tough to keep pushing in such hot conditions when you are sweating like crazy and you don’t have the pace, but that is what we have to do. By the time Dirk got in there was very little rear downforce and that made it pretty tough to drive on cold tyres.”
“That was an exciting drive doing a double stint with no rear bumper. I had lost all the downforce at the rear of the car and had to drive like a rally driver. I was fighting like crazy. I knew Andy’s car he was coming hard at the end. It reminded me of the good old touring car times. We raced clean and I think that is how you should make it between team mates.”

BMW Power
01-10-14, 13:23
Ready for the grand finale.
BMW Team RLL will end the 2014 United SportsCar Championship season at this Saturday’s Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta, in Braselton, Georgia. In a departure from the previous year’s events, this year’s race will be run as a ten-hour race – not 1,000 miles.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/09/P90164209.jpg.resource.1412156693142.jpg

Munich (DE), 1st October 2014. BMW Team RLL will end the 2014 United SportsCar Championship (USCC) season at this Saturday’s Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta (US), in Braselton, Georgia. In a departure from the previous year’s events, this year’s race will be run as a ten-hour race – not 1,000 miles.
BMW Team RLL will be racing to finish in a top-three position in the GTLM class Manufacturer championship, as well as ending the season with all regular season drivers with a top-five place in the Driver points.
With sixth and seventh place finishes at the last round at Circuit of the Americas, BMW is fourth in the Manufacturer points, with eight points separating the top-four manufacturers. Bill Auberlen (US) and Andy Priaulx (GB) are fourth in the Driver points. Team mates John Edwards (US) and Dirk Müller (DE) stand fifth. The number 55 and 56 BMW Z4s stand fifth and sixth respectively in the Team points.
Joey Hand (US) will rejoin BMW Team RLL for Petit Le Mans before completing his third DTM season. Co-driving with Auberlen and Priaulx, the trio will be looking for the same success they had earlier in the season, with a second at the Daytona 24 Hours and a third at the 12 Hours of Sebring. Dirk Werner (DE) will co-drive with Edwards and Müller in the number 56 car. The trio also raced together at Daytona and Sebring this season. BMW Team RLL will also be racing for the programme’s 50th podium finish.

“Over the years, we have generally qualified well for Petit Le Mans and have had reasonable finishing positions but no wins, so we obviously hope to turn that around this time. It’s a very long, hard race and in many respects harder than Sebring. Road Atlanta is not as physically demanding on the car as Sebring, but for the drivers there are narrower speed differentials and I think the track has a little bit more risk in it than Sebring or Daytona, so consequently the opportunity for mistakes or incidents is greater. It will be good to have Joey Hand and Dirk Werner back with us for Petit. We have a lot of experience with both drivers, both are really fast and I think they will really complement the team. From a driver line-up standpoint, once again, our guys are still the best guys.”
“Petit Le Mans is the race you wait all year for because it has become a fantastic event. On the other hand it means the end of our season. We finished second there last year, so I have some unfinished business to take care of and will try to end our season on the top step of the podium. BMW Team RLL and all the drivers have done an amazing job in the most competitive series around making the 2014 season a special one.”
“I am looking forward to Petit Le Mans. As we still have a very narrow chance to win the championship, I am going to go there feeling positive and will simply just concentrate on finishing the season on a high note. It’s a long race and a lot can happen, so I am staying completely open minded. Though Austin proved to be extremely frustrating, the last races have gone very well for me personally and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the team and my teammate Bill for a very enjoyable first season in the US.”
“We had a tough race at COTA – the last event – but I know the entire team is focused forward. This year the race is scheduled to finish after ten hours – not 1,000 miles - so that will mean an extra stint or two for the GT cars. I see this as a positive for BMW Team RLL as we have been very strong in the longer races this season.”
John Edwards (Number 56 BMWZ4 GTLM):
“It is always great to go back to Road Atlanta. The track is fast and challenging under normal conditions. The variables added by darkness and rain showers can really make Petit Le Mans interesting. A lot can happen during the race, so qualifying and speed are never enough to bring home a win. I have a lot of family near the track, so this event feels a lot like a home race for me, which makes it very enjoyable. The season for Dirk and I has really been up and down, but we are hoping to be back on the podium again in Atlanta like we were last year and finish the season strong.”

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/201409/P90164123/P90164123-18-09-2014-to-20-09-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-lone-star-le-mans-circuit-of-the-a-600px.jpg

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/cache/P9/201407/P90157949/P90157949-24-07-2014-to-25-07-2014-tudor-united-sportscar-championship-2014-brickyard-grand-prix-indianapolis--600px.jpg

BMW Power
06-10-14, 08:45
Difficult qualifying at Road Atlanta.
In the final qualifying of the 2014 United SportsCar Championship (USCC) season at Road Atlanta, BMW Team RLL qualified seventh and 11th for the GTLM grid.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/10/RoadAtlantaQualifying.jpg.resource.1412374808729.j pg

Driving the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM, Dirk Müller recorded a personal best time of 1:19.143 minutes in the 15-minute session. This put the German, who will share driving duties with John Edwards and Dirk Werner in Saturday’s race, in seventh.
At the wheel of the number 55 car, Bill Auberlen tackled qualifying for the classic Petit Le Mans. After completing seven laps, the experienced BMW driver had to make do with 11th on the grid. Auberlen will alternate at the wheel of the BMW Z4 GTLM with his team-mates Andy Priaulx and Joey Hand. It was Porsche’s Nick Tandy who secured pole position, setting a best time of 1:18.350 minutes.
In the GTD class, Turner Motorsport put itself in a promising position for the final showdown of the title fight: Dane Cameron clocked a time of 1:22.682 minutes, earning him fifth on the GTD grid. He will race alongside Markus Palttala in the BMW Z4 GTD. Going into the season finale, Cameron is leading the driver standings, Turner Motorsport holds the lead in the team classification.
When the 11th race of the season starts at 11.15 local time on Saturday, the BMW Team RLL drivers can rely on a useful innovation, especially in the dark during the final stage of the ten-hour endurance race: For the first time, both BMW Z4 GTLM cars will be equipped with the BMW Laser Light technology that had its debut for BMW during the qualifying race for the Nürburgring 24 Hours in early April, becoming the first manufacturer to compete at a race with this innovation. The main benefits for the drivers are the perfect illumination of the track and the ability to adjust the headlamps to suit the driver’s preferences – and all without blinding other traffic.
On Friday all BMW fans had good reason to celebrate at the track near Braselton: After finishing second in the final race of the 2014 season, Fall-Line Motorsports celebrated the title with its BMW M3 in the GS class of the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. Trent Hindman secured the drivers’ title, Fall-Line triumphed in the team standings. The manufacturers’ crown also went to BMW.
"I think it is the best we could have done. Unfortunately Bill Auberlen had a bit of an off there that flat spotted his tyres, and so he was really unable to get the most out of the car. For Dirk Müller I think he was happy with the car and that was about as fast as it would go. A lot can happen in ten hours, especially here."
"To be honest I am happy as I couldn’t have done better. Normally you have your last practice in the morning and then qualifying at the end of the day, but today was different as we had rain wash out free practice and my last laps were yesterday at the beginning of the night practice. We have changed quite a bit on the car from then and I am happy with it. I think I matched my maximum lap time in the car, but we have to admit the balance of performance is not helping us."
"Something has been creeping up on us this weekend, and we have been a bit off the pace. I went out and had a very difficult time with the car. Right out of the gate I couldn’t make it do anything. The harder and harder I pushed the slower it went. We are all scratching our heads. We are actually going backwards as we had a light car with brand new tyres. This should have been the best it had been and by far it was the worst it had been. We have a lot of work to do tonight."

BMW Power
06-10-14, 08:45
Dane Cameron wins USCC GTD Driver title.
The inaugural season of the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) came to a close with a turbulent Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Saturday.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/10/USCC_Cameron.jpg.resource.1412495870358.jpg

BMW Team RLL’s Dirk Müller, John Edwards and Dirk Werner came seventh in the GTLM class with their number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM after 388 laps. The 11th round of the year was won by Porsche drivers Wolf Henzler, Bryan Sellers and Marco Holzer.
For the number 55 BMW Z4 GTLM, however, the USCC finale came to an early end: After less than three hours, Joey Hand was forced to retire the car due to engine problems. Alongside Hand, the team’s regular drivers Bill Auberlen and Andy Priaulx had shared driving duties in the black BMW Z4 GTLM.
Another BMW team had reason to be happy after the ten-hour race near Braselton, Georgia: Turner Motorsport. The number 94 BMW Z4 GTD, driven by Dane Cameron, Markus Palttala and Christoffer Nygaard, took the chequered flag fourth in the GTD class. This result secured Cameron the crown in the drivers’ classification as well as the team title for Turner Motorsport.
The first United SportsCar Championship season had led the BMW teams to some of North America’s nicest and most spectacular race tracks following a successful opening at the Daytona 24 Hours. BMW Team RLL recorded two pole positions and six GTLM podium finishes in 2014. Turner Motorsport has celebrated a total of four GTD wins since January.
“It was disappointing obviously to have a mechanical on the 55 car, and actually both cars had some mechanical issues. With the 56 car we were sort of competitive and it was looking good in the first part of the race, then we had a broken damper which cost us three laps, and that is very much where we ended up. All in all it was a disappointing way to end up the year, but everybody gave it their best shots today and we will just start getting ready for next year. Looking back at the year, there were some good races and not so good races. We gave it our best shot every weekend, and ultimately that is what you have to do. We had some good runs earlier in the year in Daytona and Sebring, but as the season went on it just became more difficult for us. I hope over the winter time we can find some improvements with our competitiveness.”
“I have had kind of a tough day. My first stint was brilliant and the car felt really good. I was pushing and doing qualifying laps for nearly two hours. Then I had a couple of issues. In my second stint a huge piece of debris all of a sudden knocked off my mirror on the left side. The traffic was a big problem and I was stopped behind a PC car for two laps, but everybody was having the same traffic problem. Then three or four laps before the end of my final stint suddenly I went over the crest at turn 11 and the damper broke without any contact. That was a real shame as I was P3 at that point and looking really strong.”
“I have had a busy weekend and it started off great driving with Trent Hindman and winning the GS championship in the BMW M3 for Fall-Line Motorsports and BMW. With BMW Team RLL we struggled in Austin and we had a feeling we wouldn’t have the pace today, but it is a ten-hour race so we were hopeful. Even at Daytona we didn’t have the pace, but both cars were in contention and one was on the podium. We were optimistic, but unfortunately we had a broken shock. That was a bit of a mystery but those things happen in long races. It made for a bit of a frustrating day, but that is endurance racing.”
“The race has now turned out to be a tough one for the whole team, and it is a shame as we were running pretty well considering the performance issues we had this weekend, especially because of the BoP. We stayed in the race, made no mistakes and have done everything right up to the point where the car had a problem. I was definitely happy to be part of the team again and support it at the last race. I enjoyed it a lot and thanks to them for supporting me very well. This was not the last race of the season I wanted to have, but that is racing.”
“On my second lap I went over turn four and the engine shut off for about three seconds and then just turned back on, so I wonder if the two are going to be related. It was just nice and easy. I was cruising and letting everybody else do what they do and they just did – they all hit each other in the pit lane. They go behind the wall and we think we are going to be able to move up to sixth place. No sooner do we move up than we encounter our own problems.”
“It is a disappointing end to the year, as we have been leading the championship at times and have come here still in with a chance of it. I think everyone in the team has done a great job. My issue was with the clutch, as under the safety car I went to depress it and there was nothing there. We could run the rest of the race with no clutch, but it would have been impossible with this engine problem. Nevertheless, I have had a fantastic first year in America.”
“We were looking okay and the boys were saying the car was the best it had been all weekend. I was looking forward to it and have wanted a good result in this race for a long time. The clutch had failed already, and we had to get it going on the starter in the pit box. I did one lap on the restart, got on the back straight and pulled fifth gear and it just stopped running. That is the way it goes in racing.”
Dane Cameron (Number 94 BMW Z4 GTD):
“It’s just an unbelievable feeling to win my first sports car title here at Road Atlanta. The fact that this is the very first United SportsCar Championship season makes it even more special. This was just an amazing season for us. Recently Turner Motorsport did its 300th race with BMW, and today we added another title to their fantastic record. A big thank you goes to the whole crew. It was an extremely close finish, and the final hour of the race was the longest of my whole life. Now I’m feeling just really happy.”

BMW Power
07-10-14, 15:06
Cameron: “It is an amazing feeling.”
Dane Cameron won the GTD drivers’ title in the first-ever season of the United SportsCar Championship (USCC). This season, the American contested in the #94 BMW Z4 GTD of Turner Motorsport, the winning squad in the team classification.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/10/Cameron_Interview.jpg.resource.1412597736022.jpg

Three questions for … Dane Cameron.
Dane, what are your thoughts on the title?
Dane Cameron: “It is an amazing feeling to be the first GTD champion. This season was a huge team effort. I can’t thank everyone at Turner Motorsport and BMW Motorsport enough for their efforts. I am especially grateful to Paul Dalla Lana and Northwest for their support.”
What were the keys to the championship?
Cameron: “This season we had to go on a tear after leaving the Rolex 24 with only one point. We thought any chance for a championship was gone, but we knew the way back was through the top step of the podium so that is what we focused on. Four wins later we were there and in the thick of the championship. Consistency and great strategy sealed the deal.”
How quickly do you start thinking about next season?
Cameron: “I expect we will celebrate with the same intensity we showed season-long so any thought about 2015 will have to wait for at least a few days.”

BMW Power
07-10-14, 15:06
Review: BMW Team RLL’s maiden USCC season.
A new era was ushered into America for the 2014 season, as the American Le Mans Series and the GRAND-AM Series had been amalgamated into the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) – and BMW Motorsport and BMW of North America were ready for this new challenge with the BMW Z4 GTLM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/10/BMW_Team_RLL.jpg.resource.1412600744127.jpg

For this new series BMW Team RLL had an incredibly strong line-up of drivers with a new face joining the regulars. In the black number 55 car Bill Auberlen was joined by the ‘new boy’ triple world touring car champion Andy Priaulx, while the partnership of Dirk Müller and John Edwards continued in the white number 56 car.
“The United SportsCar Championship celebrated a fantastic debut in 2014,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Each race was fiercely contested in all classes, and the North American sports car fans were treated with top-class motor racing throughout the year. The merger between the American Le Mans Series and GRAND-AM therefore can only be rated as a big success. From a sporting angle, BMW Team RLL experienced both highs and lows in the GTLM category. Obviously we are not satisfied with the fact we didn’t score a single victory in 11 races. However, we were disadvantaged by the Balance of Performance over the course of the season, and this didn’t make things easier for us. Nevertheless, our drivers and Bobby Rahal’s entire crew put up a stunning fight and managed to secure several podium finishes despite all their difficulties. In the GTD class, Turner Motorsport was able to shine on more than one occasion with the BMW Z4 GTD. Congratulations to Dane Cameron and Will Turner’s team for winning the drivers’ and team titles.”
Strong start in Daytona.
The first challenge for them was the 24 Hours of Daytona at the iconic track in Florida. As usual, for the longer races, extra drivers were drafted in. Joey Hand, who had been a regular in the American Le Mans Series before heading to race in the DTM, and Maxime Martin, who was in the team in 2013, joined the number 55 line-up, while in the number 56 car it was Dirk Werner and team principal Bobby Rahal’s son Graham.
The first race was the all that the team had hoped for with strong performances by both cars and a podium after a hard fought 24 hours. This was for the number 55 car that was just 2.838 seconds behind the winning car when Hand crossed the line in second. The number 56 car came home a creditable fourth.
More top-three finishes in Sebring and Long Beach.
The next race may only have been half the length at 12 hours, but it was no easier. At the Sebring 12 Hours it was just Hand and Werner who joined the team and helped it to its second podium of the season. The number 55 car was third, while the number 56 could only manage tenth after a tangle with another competitor. However, the good news was the team left the race leading both the Driver and Team competitions.
Race three was a very different matter as it was only run over 100 minutes and was on the streets of Long Beach. A strong qualifying of second (55) and third (56) ended up with the first podium for Müller and Edwards in third, but a disappointing tenth for Auberlen and Priaulx, who, for once, would have welcomed a full course yellow to help them get back up the field after having to put on a new door in the pit stop.
Debut at Watkins Glen after a long summer break.
Race four in Laguna Seca was two hours long and with second (56) and fifth (55) on the grid again looked as if the fourth podium of the year was possible. This was the case with the number 55 coming second, although a vibration and a penalty dropped the sister car down to tenth. BMW Team RLL was heading into the long summer break still leading the championships.
While several of the American teams headed to the Le Mans 24 Hours, BMW Team RLL squad was getting ready for a new race for the outfit from Ohio. This was the first time the team had raced at Watkins Glen. Being new to this track didn’t faze it, with the number 55 claiming the team’s first pole of the year and the number 56 third on the grid. Again this was a different format with a six-hour race, but at the end of it the team was to be disappointed. A variety of issues, including punctures and having to avoid spinning competitors, turned into sixth (56) and tenth (55).
Difficult races in Canada and Indy.
As the team went to the sixth of the 11 races in Canada it was with some trepidation, as it had not had the best of luck in the past at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, one of the fastest tracks in North America. The number 56 car was fourth after starting from fifth and the number 55 sixth from tenth after 2hours and 45minutes, which was to be the length for the next four races.
Round seven was on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the team was hoping to convert second (56) and fifth (55) on the grid to good results. However, this was not to be as sixth (55) and seventh (56) was the best they could manage with a lot of contact in the dramatic race.
BMW Team RLL returns to the podium.
Road America was next on the schedule and here and it was back onto the podium after a three-race draught. The number 56 car was on the team’s second pole of the year and came home second, while the 55 finished eighth from fourth on the grid.
The teams then headed to the Virginia International Raceway and another podium for the number 56 car with third from fourth on the grid, while the sister 55 car ended up fourth from second on the grid.
Grand finale at Petit Le Mans.
The penultimate race of the season was in the stunning Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. The team knew it would have a tough time there as, due to some adjustments with the Balance of Performance, the weight of the cars had been increased by 25 kilograms. The team’s worst fears were confirmed when they qualified sixth (55) and seventh (56) and then in the race finished in the same positions but with the cars switched round.
At the season finale in Road Atlanta, the BMW Team RLL drivers suffered a dose of bad luck. Car number 55, driven by Auberlen, Priaulx and Hand, was forced to retire after three hours due to an engine problem. Edwards, Müller and Werner were racing in reach of a podium finish for long periods of the race and even ran in second at times, until a broken damper and the necessary repair works put the number 56 BMW Z4 GTLM back in seventh.