PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Goodwood 2014

BMW Power
06-02-14, 15:46
Goodwood: Priaulx to race a BMW 3.0si.
Next month, Andy Priaulx is going to swap the BMW Z4 GTLM he races in the United SportsCar Championship for a very different model from the German manufacturer – a BMW 3.0si.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2014/News/02/Andy_Priaulx_670.jpg.resource.1391692468421.jpg

Priaulx will be one of the celebrity drivers to take part in the Goodwood 72nd Members' Meeting on the 29th and 30th March.
The triple world touring car champion will be sharing the BMW 3.0si with race preparation expert Alex Elliott. The car itself is the same specification as that raced by touring car ace Tony Lanfranchi in 1973, and is entered in the Gerry Marshall Trophy which is for Group 1 touring cars of up to 1982 vintage.
Priaulx said: “I always enjoy going to Goodwood for the amazing events held there. They are always special and so to be part of the 72nd Members' meeting is something I know I shall enjoy. I just love sitting behind the wheel of a BMW on a race track, so to be given the chance to race this iconic model in the Gerry Marshall Trophy is just too good an opportunity to miss.”
“For me to be able to compare the touring cars I race now to those of 40 years ago is fantastic”, added Priaulx. “Although they were a little before my time, I am very well aware of the exploits of such touring car legends as Tony Lanfranchi and Gerry Marshall," he said.