PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : DTM 2016

BMW Power
05-02-16, 08:57
BMW Motorsport announces driver pairings for the 2016 DTM.
BMW Motorsport enters the 2016 DTM season with a proven squad of drivers, but with one or two changes within its four teams.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/2/Fahrer-Teams-2016.jpg.resource.1454582861490.jpg

BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt had announced at the 2015 Season Review that the same eight drivers would compete in the BMW M4 DTM in 2016 as did last year, in the form of Bruno Spengler, Marco Wittmann, António Félix da Costa, Timo Glock, Augusto Farfus, Tom Blomqvist, Maxime Martin and Martin Tomczyk.

It has now been confirmed which teams the drivers will race for. Only at BMW Team Schnitzer does the pairing of Félix da Costa and Tomczyk remain unchanged. Meanwhile, changes have been made at each of the other three teams. Glock switches from BMW Team MTEK to BMW Team RMG, where he will drive alongside Wittmann. The pair were team-mates at BMW Team MTEK back in 2013. Farfus takes Glock’s place at BMW Team MTEK, where he joins Spengler. This move sees the Brazilian leave BMW Team RBM after many successful years together. Martin moves across to team principal Bart Mampaey’s Belgian outfit, where he is the new team-mate of Blomqvist.

“We have a very strong and stable squad of drivers, which showed outstanding team spirit in the battle for the Manufacturers’ title last season,” said Marquardt. “Therefore, we had no need to change our squad. However, it has always been our philosophy to create new impulses by systematically varying the line-ups within our four DTM teams, and thus to get the absolute maximum out of our overall package. We have had very good experiences in this regard. Because of this, we are confident that we will achieve success again with the changes for the coming season. Augusto Farfus, Timo Glock and Maxime Martin have proven that they are among the best in the DTM and that they are capable of winning races. They now face new challenges, which will hopefully help them take another step forward in their development.”

This is the first time in the DTM careers of Farfus, Glock and Martin that the trio have switched teams. Farfus spent four years driving for BMW Team RBM, with whom he had previously enjoyed success in the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). Farfus won three DTM races in 2013, ending the year as runner-up in the Drivers’ Championship. Glock joined the DTM and has been a permanent part of BMW Team MTEK since then. He won one race for team principal Ernest Knoors and his crew in both 2013 and 2015.
Glock lined up alongside Wittmann in his debut year, and joins forces with the 2014 champion again at BMW Team RMG in 2016. Martin won one race in each of his two years after joining the DTM with Stefan Reinhold’s team, with whom he won the Team title in 2014. The Belgian now switches to his compatriots at BMW Team RBM.

An overview of the driver pairings for the 2016 DTM season:

BMW Team RMG:
#11 Marco Wittmann
#16 Timo Glock

BMW Team MTEK:
#7 Bruno Spengler
#18 Augusto Farfus

BMW Team RBM:
#31 Tom Blomqvist
#36 Maxime Martin

BMW Team Schnitzer:
#13 António Félix da Costa
#77 Martin Tomczyk

BMW Power
05-02-16, 15:47
Ανακοινώθηκαν τα ζευγάρια οδηγών της BMW Motorsport για το 2016 DTM – Εσωτερικές μεταγραφές για τους Farfus, Glock και Martin.

Μόναχο. Η BMW Motorsport συμμετέχει στη φετινή σεζόν του DTM με την ίδια, δοκιμασμένη ομάδα οδηγών και κάποιες εσωτερικές μεταγραφές στις τέσσερις ομάδες. Κατά την Ανασκόπηση της Σεζόν του 2015, ο Διευθυντής της BMW Motorsport, Jens Marquardt, ανακοίνωσε ότι οι περσινοί οκτώ οδηγοί θα τρέξουν και φέτος με τη BMW M4 DTM και συγκεκριμένα οι Bruno Spengler (CA), Marco Wittmann (DE), António Félix da Costa (PT), Timo Glock (DE), Augusto Farfus (BR), Tom Blomqvist (GB), Maxime Martin (BE) και Martin Tomczyk (DE).

Επίσης έχει επιβεβαιωθεί η σύνθεση κάθε ομάδας στο DTM. Μόνο στη BMW Team Schnitzer το δίδυμο Félix da Costa και Tomczyk παραμένει ως έχει, ενώ αλλαγές έχουν γίνει στις υπόλοιπες τρεις ομάδες. Ο Glock μετακινείται από τη BMW Team MTEK στη BMW Team RMG, δίπλα στο Wittmann. Οι δύο οδηγοί έχουν προϊστορία σαν team-mates το 2013 στη BMW Team MTEK. Ο Farfus παίρνει τη θέση του Glock στη BMW Team MTEK πλαισιώνοντας τον Spengler. Αυτό σημαίνει ότι ο Βραζιλιάνος αφήνει τη BMW Team RBM μετά από πολλά επιτυχημένα χρόνια συνεργασίας. Ο Martin παίρνει μεταγραφή στην ομάδα που διευθύνει ο Βέλγος Bart Mampaeyt, σαν νέος team-mate του Blomqvist.

«Έχουμε μία πολύ ισχυρή και σταθερή ομάδα οδηγών που επέδειξε έξοχο ομαδικό πνεύμα στη μάχη για το πρωτάθλημα των Κατασκευαστών την περσινή σεζόν», δήλωσε ο Marquardt. «Επομένως, δεν χρειαζόταν να ‘πειράξουμε’ μία δοκιμασμένη συνταγή σε ό,τι αφορά τα πρόσωπα των οδηγών. Ωστόσο φιλοσοφία μας είναι να δημιουργούμε νέα ερεθίσματα, αλλάζοντας συστηματικά τα ζευγάρια οδηγών στις τέσσερις ομάδες μας στο DTM ώστε να πετυχαίνουμε τη μέγιστη δυνατή απόδοση του συνολικού πακέτου, κάτι που έχει αποδειχθεί ιδιαίτερα αποτελεσματικό στην πράξη. Γι’ αυτό και είμαστε πεπεισμένοι ότι οι επιτυχίες θα συνεχιστούν με τις αλλαγές για την ερχόμενη σεζόν. Οι Augusto Farfus, Timo Glock και Maxime Martin έχουν αποδείξει την κορυφαία κλάση τους στο DTM και διαθέτουν τη στόφα του νικητή. Τώρα αντιμετωπίζουν νέες προκλήσεις μέσα από τις οποίες ευελπιστούμε να κάνουν ένα ακόμα βήμα προόδου».

Είναι η πρώτη φορά στην καριέρα των Farfus, Glock και Martin στο DTM που το τρίο αλλάζει ομάδες. Ο Farfus ήταν οδηγός για τέσσερα χρόνια στη BMW Team RBM, με την οποία είχε παλιότερα σημειώσει επιτυχίες στο Παγκόσμιο Πρωτάθλημα Αυτοκινήτων Τουρισμού της FIA (WTCC). Ο Farfus κέρδισε σε τρεις αγώνες DTM το 2013, τελειώνοντας τη χρονιά 2ος στο Πρωτάθλημα Οδηγών. Ο Glock προσχώρησε στο DTM και από τότε αποτελεί μόνιμο μέλος της BMW Team MTEK. Κέρδισε από έναν αγώνα με την ομάδα του Ernest Knoors (NL) το 2013 και 2015.

Ο Glock συμμετείχε στην ίδια ομάδα με τον Wittmann την πρώτη του χρονιά και για φέτος θα ενώσει τις δυνάμεις του ξανά με τον πρωταθλητή του 2014 στη BMW Team RMG. Ο Martin κέρδισε από έναν αγώνα τις δύο χρονιές που έτρεξε στο DTM με την ομάδα του Stefan Reinhold με τον οποίο κατέκτησαν τον τίτλο των Κατασκευαστών το 2014. Ο Βέλγος θα πλαισιώσει τώρα τους συμπατριώτες του στη BMW Team RBM.

Τα ζευγάρια οδηγών στο DTM για τη σεζόν 2016:

BMW Team RMG:
#11 Marco Wittmann
#16 Timo Glock

BMW Team MTEK:
#7 Bruno Spengler
#18 Augusto Farfus

BMW Team RBM:
#31 Tom Blomqvist
#36 Maxime Martin

BMW Team Schnitzer:
#13 António Félix da Costa
#77 Martin Tomcz

BMW Power
25-02-16, 11:17
Wittmann, Glock, Spengler and Farfus test in Monteblanco.
Preparations for the 2016 DTM season enter a crucial phase this week, with the first tests of the year.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/2/Test_Monteblanco.jpg.resource.1456129336737.jpg

From 23rd to 25th February, Marco Wittmann, Timo Glock, Bruno Spengler and Augusto Farfus will take their place in the cockpit of the BMW M4 DTM and complete important test and set-up work on the car. The only official ITR tests take place in Hockenheim from 4th to 8th April. The same venue will host the first two races of the new season on 7th and 8th May.
Back to news overview

BMW Power
25-02-16, 11:18
Wittmann at the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM with immediate effect.
BMW Motorsport started three days of testing in Monteblanco on Tuesday, to advance preparations for the 2016 DTM season.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/2/Website_Wittmann.jpg.resource.1456219360554.jpg

Marco Wittmann experienced a special first: The 2014 DTM champion’s car featured the 2016 design at the test in Spain. From now on, he will race in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM.
This means that BMW Team RMG’s number 11 car now bears the look of Red Bull, Premium Partner of BMW Motorsport. The Austrian company has supported BMW in the DTM since 2014. In the same year, Wittmann celebrated clinching the title after winning four races that season at the age of 24.
“I am delighted to represent the Red Bull colours in 2016,” said Wittmann speaking about this latest development. “Red Bull supports many of the top athletes in many different disciplines – all around the world. Now to be part of this circle myself makes me really proud. It was fantastic working with the Red Bull colleagues during my Formula 1 test for Scuderia Toro Rosso in 2015. However, I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to my previous partner Ice-Watch. We celebrated great successes together, in particular, winning the title in the 2014 season. Now I will give it my all to ensure that the same will be true of the collaboration with Red Bull.”
The 2016 DTM season gets underway at the Hockenheimring on 7th May with the first of a total of 18 races. During the course of the year, the battle for the title will take the BMW drivers to racetracks outside of Germany four times: in Spielberg, Zandvoort, Moscow and Budapest. As well as this, in addition to Hockenheim – at the season opener and finale – the Lausitzring, Norisring and Nürburgring are all part of the varied DTM calendar.

BMW Power
02-03-16, 13:24
New liveries for Blomqvist, Félix da Costa and Wittmann.
BMW Motorsport once again goes into the DTM season with strong premium partners in 2016.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/BLO.jpg.resource.1456830861981.jpg

One glance at the liveries of the BMW M4 DTM and there is no mistaking these partners. A number of changes have been made to the combinations of driver and premium partner since last year. The centenary of the BMW Group and the BMW brand will also play a key role in the DTM. To mark the centenary, Martin Tomczyk will compete with the number 100 on the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. “There are only two numbers I would swap my 77 for: the number 1 belonging to the DTM champion and the number 100 to mark BMW’s centenary,” said Tomczyk. “It is a great honour for me to celebrate the 100th anniversary of BMW with the number 100 on my car. The BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM in the traditional BMW Motorsport colours is perfectly suited to this homage. I will do my best to achieve as many good results as possible with this number.”
While Tomczyk will take to the track with a new car number but the same premium partner as in previous years, Tom Blomqvist, António Félix da Costa and Marco Wittmann will sport new colours in the new season. As announced last week, Wittmann will now drive the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. “I am delighted to fly the flag for Red Bull in 2016,” said Wittmann. “Red Bull supports many of the best athletes in a wide range of different sports – all over the world. I am really proud to belong to this group.”
Blomqvist will now take to the track in the Ice-Watch colours. He claimed his maiden DTM win in his debut year in 2015 and was the best rookie of the season. “I think the Ice-Watch design really suits me,” said Blomqvist. “With their fresh watch designs, the brand addresses young people like me. I obviously hope to be able to follow on from the great success enjoyed by my predecessor Marco Wittmann. After all, this car design brought him a lot of luck.”
Félix da Costa will compete at the 2016 season’s 18 races in the BMW M4 DTM. Like Blomqvist, the Portuguese drive also celebrated his first victory in the DTM in 2015. “I was proud to wear the Red Bull colours and want to say thank you to the guys for a fantastic time. The design of my new car is also amazing – and, after Tom Blomqvist’s impressive results in 2015, it is synonymous with a DTM success story that I am obviously keen to add to this season,” said Félix da Costa.
The remaining BMW DTM drivers will start the year’s 18 races in their familiar liveries. Bruno Spengler is back in the black BMW Bank M4 DTM. “Since winning the DTM title in 2012, my ‘Black Beast’ has grown very dear to me,” said Spengler. “I am really pleased to be able to continue working with such a great partner as BMW Bank.” His new team-mate at BMW Team MTEK, Augusto Farfus, starts the new season in Shell colours for the second year in a row. “2015 was my first year as the driver of the Shell BMW M4 DTM. We enjoyed some nice successes and magnificent events together. With two poles and two podium finishes, things also went pretty well from a sporting point of view. However, I am obviously hoping for my first victory with the Shell BMW M4 DTM in 2016. It’s fantastic to enter another DTM season together with Shell,” said Farfus.
Timo Glock continues to race in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM. This sees a long-term partnership enter its next round. “Deutsche Post has supported me for many years,” he said. “During this time, a strong bond has formed, which goes beyond the standard relationship between driver and sponsor. I am looking forward to another year together in the DTM.”
Maxime Martin will contest his third DTM season in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. So far, he has won one race and finished seventh in the Drivers’ Championship every year. “The SAMSUNG colours have brought me luck in the past, so it is a good omen that I will once again compete with that livery in 2016,” said Martin. “SAMSUNG is an innovative company that obviously fits very well to BMW Motorsport. My goal is obviously to achieve even more wins and podiums.”

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/DAC.jpg.resource.1456830863516.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/GLO.jpg.resource.1456830863966.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/M4_DTM.jpg.resource.1456830862576.jpg

BMW Power
02-03-16, 13:24
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/MAR.jpg.resource.1456830864230.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/FAR.jpg.resource.1456830864281.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/3/WIT.jpg.resource.1456830862486.jpg

BMW Power
08-04-16, 14:19
“You are always very nervous before the first race.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/4/Spengler2.jpg.resource.1460034984846.jpg

Part 3: Bruno Spengler, BMW Team MTEK, #7 BMW Bank M4 DTM.
The DTM does not start until 7th May, but you have already been racing in the USA, where you made it onto the podium in Sebring. Was that a good way to warm up for the DTM season?
Bruno Spengler: “That was obviously a good start to the season. It was great to be able to drive in Daytona and Sebring, as it allowed me to find my rhythm again. Driving the BMW M6 GTLM in America is really enjoyable. I was very proud to be part of the first race with this car. It was also my first race in Sebring. We were actually a bit unlucky not to win. Still, second place was an outstanding result for the entire team, which had worked very hard to get that car ready. Now I can hardly wait for the DTM season to start again.”
In the DTM, you are on your own in the BMW Bank M4 DTM and the races last 40 and 60 minutes. In America, you share the car with your team-mates for 12 or as long as 24 hours. How difficult is it to adapt to the different situations?
Spengler: “Switching from a DTM car to a GT car is more difficult, because you always have to hold back a little. The car is heavier and has different aerodynamics and different brakes. I always push too hard for the first few laps, because the DTM car is faster in the corners and you can brake later. However, you get used to that after a few laps. Sharing the car with other drivers is an interesting experience. Many people say there is less pressure in a team than when you are driving alone. However, that is not true, as you have to deliver. Every driver has to do their best. If anyone makes a mistake, it affects the entire team. Both formats are great fun, and I am happy to be able to drive for BMW Motorsport in both series. It is good for me, as I still have a lot to learn in motor racing – particularly when it comes to endurance racing. Learning is a never-ending process.”
You travelled straight from Sebring to the DTM fitness camp in Italy. How important is it to train with your fellow BMW drivers and to have fun together before the season gets underway?
Spengler: “It is very important that we all meet up. We have a packed calendar, so now is about the only time when we can train together and do a bit of team building. Not only is it very important for us all as a team, but it is also great fun. Because I had travelled straight from Sebring, the jet lag made the first few days a bit more tiring, but I was glad to be there.”
How often do you train each week when you are at home?
Spengler: “If I am at home for a week, I train every day. I may do a little less weight training, but I do partake in other sports like tennis, cross-country skiing and biathlon in the winter, and golf in the summer. Golf is good for your concentration, tennis for your reactions. On top of that, I also go running and cycle. I try to do as many sports as possible, as I am a big sports fan.”
Biathlon is not necessarily your typical leisure sport. Did you get much chance to do it this winter?
Spengler: “We had a biathlon competition as part of the BMW Bank Winter Challenge. I have been skating on cross-country skis since I was 12 years old.”
2016 is your 12th year in the DTM. Does it, to a certain degree, become routine after a while?
Spengler: “Before the start of any season you always ask yourself how good the car is, whether you are competitive, and how you will fare. There is always a bit of excitement. You are always very nervous before the start of the first race, no matter how many seasons you have under your belt. I feel the same way as I did at my very first DTM race every time. I think that is how it should be. I am very ambitious and will not relax just because I have been champion and won a lot of races. I always want to achieve more, so naturally put myself under pressure every year.”
What, in particular, did your preparations for the 2016 DTM season focus on?
Spengler: “It is important to improve our performance in qualifying. That cost us valuable points at the start of last season. We must try to be more consistent in qualifying. This is not easy, given the limited opportunities to test ahead of the season. However, the whole team is doing its best to ensure we are as competitive as possible come the first race.”
What can you, as a driver, do to improve?
Spengler: “It is hard to name one particular thing. You always have things you can improve. Every morning when I wake up I wonder what I can do better at the racetrack. It is important to have that kind of attitude. The main goal is to get the best out of the car and me as a driver. I try to do that every year. At 32 years of age, I am still young. I still have a few good years ahead of me, and am very motivated.”
What are BMW’s strengths?
Spengler: “BMW is a very dynamic and modern manufacturer. Furthermore, BMW never gives up, no matter how difficult the current situation may be. Last year was emphatic proof of that, as things were not going well at the start of the season. In the end we came back to win the Manufacturers’ Championship. That is a very important title and very difficult to achieve in the DTM.”
Augusto Farfus is your new team-mate at BMW Team MTEK. How long have you known each other?
Spengler: “We first met a few years back on the karting scene. We have obviously come to know each other better at BMW. I am pleased that Augusto is now at MTEK, although I also got on really well with Timo Glock and we worked well together. I am sure it will work just as well with Augusto.”
You take on the role of driving instructor at “Drive like Bruno”. What makes the event so special?
Spengler: “Drive like Bruno is absolutely fantastic. It usually takes place at the end of the season, when I have more time. I spend the entire day at the racetrack with the participants and show them what I have loved doing since I was a boy – driving a car at the limit. I also answer any questions and am always game for a laugh. We all want to have a nice day together, so the atmosphere is always excellent. BMW Bank does a great job. Every year they come up with something to make the event even better. It is great fun, and deserves a lot of praise.”
As part of “Drive like Bruno”, you also completed a special lap in Hockenheim with a 360° camera on board. This was a first: never before had anyone seen a DTM car from that perspective (http://www.drivelikebruno.de/360special). Is this the kind of thing that needs to be introduced in the future, in order to intensify the DTM experience for fans?
“Firstly, it was incredibly good fun. I gave a running commentary during the lap, to give my virtual passengers an even better feel for what is important in Hockenheim. I think the video is fantastic. It allows every fan to step into the role of my passenger. The experience is perfect when you watch the video wearing VR glasses. I think this is exactly the kind of thing we need to introduce to bring fans even closer to the DTM, offer them glimpses behind the scenes, and to make the DTM even more captivating. The vast majority of spectators only ever see a DTM car from the outside. Now everyone can take a virtual look around and see what really goes on in the cockpit. I can only recommend you watch the video – preferably with VR glasses.”

BMW Power
13-04-16, 14:28
“I know what to expect in the DTM in 2016.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/4/Blomqvist_Interview.jpg.resource.1460463007485.jpg

Part 4: Tom Blomqvist, BMW Team RBM, No 31 Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM.
DTM in 2015?
Tom Blomqvist: “I would give myself a seven. The start of the season was tough for me. I first had to adapt to the dynamics, the very high standard and the aggressive driving in the DTM. When it came to working with the team, everyone involved had to get used to each other at first. The turning point for me came in Moscow. From that weekend on, I was always one of the top qualifiers. That is something I was very happy about. The absolute highlight of the year was obviously my win in Oschersleben.”
Were you relieved in Oschersleben to see that you could compete at the very front of the field in the DTM?
Blomqvist: “The win definitely came as a relief. However, I already knew that I had the pace required. It was just a case of everything coming together in one race. That was the case in Oschersleben, starting with qualifying. After the win, I was much more relaxed going into the remaining race weekends. It definitely helped me a lot.”
What surprised you most about the DTM?
Blomqvist: “How incredibly close it is. I was very surprised to see how even the tiniest gaps, even just half a tenth of a second, could make a big difference.”
Looking ahead to the coming season, in which areas are you looking to improve most?
Blomqvist: “I feel much better prepared than I did for last season. Back then everything was new to me. I now know what to expect in the DTM in 2016. The team and I have identified a number of areas, in which we want to improve. That is what we are working on. After all, you always have to keep improving.”
How do you like your new Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM?
Blomqvist: “I really like the Ice-Watch colours and think the youthful image of the Ice-Watch brand suits me very well. The Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM was very successful in recent years with Marco Wittmann at the wheel. Hopefully it will bring me luck too.”
As well as a new car, you also have a new team-mate. How are you getting on with Maxime Martin?
Blomqvist: “He is a very nice guy and I get on well with him. As well as that, he is extremely quick. He proved that emphatically last year, particularly towards the end of the season. After Augusto Farfus I now have another strong team-mate, from whom I am sure I will be able to learn a lot.”
You recently made your debut on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in the BMW M235i Racing in preparation for your start in the BMW M6 GT3 at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. How did it go?
Blomqvist: “I think that was exactly the right way to learn this extremely difficult track. There was no pressure on me, and I was able to just drive. I spent four hours non-stop at the wheel and got a lot of kilometres under my belt. It was an intense experience, as the circuit is a big challenge. However, it is also incredible fun.”
How did you prepare for the Nordschleife?
Blomqvist: “I spent some time in the simulator and watched on-board videos. To be honest though, that didn’t help me as much as I had hoped it would. Driving on this track, with its undulations and bumps, is a completely different world.”
You are now also driving in GT races for BMW Motorsport. How did that come about?
Blomqvist: “My focus was, and remains, the DTM. However, I wanted to take the opportunity to get more race experience. The more I drive, the better driver I can become. In the DTM, we only have limited opportunity to actually get behind the wheel of the car. Therefore, it was great to be given this chance by BMW Motorsport.”

BMW Power
15-04-16, 14:47
“It is always exciting.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce
each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/4/Tomczyk.jpg.resource.1460711866837.jpg

Part 5: Martin Tomczyk, BMW Team Schnitzer, Number 100 BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM.
Martin, preparations for the 2016 season are now complete. How happy are you with the way the tests panned out?
Martin Tomczyk: “I am really happy, although testing ahead of the season is very limited. That is not an ideal situation for a racing driver in the winter, but we worked our way through a lot of different points and tried to get the most out of the time as a team. I am definitely motivated and looking forward to the new season, which will be my 16th in the DTM. After the disappointing season last year, I can confidently say that the only way is up for me.”
How did you prepare over the winter?
Tomczyk: “When you don’t get to do a lot of driving, you obviously try to compensate by doing a lot of exercise. Therefore, I was very active in the winter and could not wait for the first tests. I also had the opportunity to do a few tests in the BMW M6 GT3, which obviously helped pass the time a bit.”
You are one of the more experienced drivers in the DTM. Are there still new things out there that even you are yet to discover?
Tomczyk: “There is always something new in the DTM when the regulations change – as is the case again this year. We have a few innovations, which mean you must adapt again and reorient yourself – even if you have been around for a long time. It is always exciting and tense when the first race weekend comes around.”
What are you most looking forward to in the 2016 DTM season?
Tomczyk: “The races. We showed last year that we put on exciting races for the spectators. We had a lot of different winners. The entire season was exciting, and the action was great. When you bear in mind that our cars feature the very latest technology and are all within one second of each other in qualifying, it is not a given that there are also a lot of overtaking manoeuvres out on the track.”
What are your goals? What would make 2016 a successful season for you?
Tomczyk: “If I get back to the level I actually want to be driving at. I don’t set myself any definite goals, but it is clear to me that I don’t belong where I was last year – and I don’t want to be back there again. I want to score points in every race and to bridge the gap, particularly when it comes to qualifying.”
Another topic on your agenda is the Nürburgring-Nordschleife and the 24-hour race. Does it make a nice change to be involved in that?
Tomczyk: “Definitely. For me, it is one of the best races on my schedule this year. It is also fun to be involved in the preparations, to share a car with team-mates, and to work together on developing the set-up and strategy. Furthermore, conquering the challenging Nordschleife with all the drivers and the team is tense and exciting.”
What makes the Nordschleife so special?
Tomczyk: “There is simply no other racetrack like it in the world. No other circuit comes close. It is actually quite crazy, even for a racing driver. However, it is incredible fun when you get it right. At many racetracks, you can aim to complete the perfect lap. On the Nordschleife, however, it is just a wild and crazy ride. You have to think differently every lap. The traffic and conditions change constantly. Every corner is a new challenge.”
The 24-hour race is a completely different animal anyway. As a driver, are you able to take in much of what is going on round the circuit?
Tomczyk: “We pick up on it, as we usually arrive on Tuesday for all the activities surrounding the race. Also, BMW is very well-known for putting on a good show for fans away from the track. We drivers are obviously involved in all that. I always think back fondly on one of the best moments of my time in motorsport, when I pulled onto the Nordschleife as the leader on lap one, knowing that there were over 200 cars behind me who would love to overtake me. When you are the first through the Nordschleife and see the first flares being shot into the sky, it is just an awesome feeling. I would like to repeat that again this year, but then to hang onto that position for a bit longer. Our goal is to win the 24-hour race. Obviously you always need a bit of luck on the Nordschleife, but our overall package is good enough. We must now make sure that this package is the first across the finish line.”
Before the Nordschleife you have another outing as part of the BMW Motorsport Junior programme. How much do you enjoy passing on your experience and know-how to the young drivers?
Tomczyk: “Sixteen years ago I was the youngest driver at the time to race in the DTM, and it goes without saying that I benefitted from the more experienced drivers. Back then I soaked up all the information they gave me. That helped a lot, so I am pleased, 16 years down the line, to be able to give something back to the new crop of youngsters. I have already met both Juniors, Louis Delétraz and Jesse Krohn, and have tested with Louis. It is great fun, as you can see the desire and hunger they both have.”
You have become a father for the second time. Has that changed your life?
Tomczyk: “Having children does change your life. It is difficult to explain this to anyone who does not have children. But anyone who does have kids knows how important they are in your life. It is really incredible, and I enjoy every moment with my children. From a sporting point of view, it has obviously changed nothing. That is my job, and one that I am still incredibly passionate about. However, when I am finished working, I try to get home as quickly as possible. That may not have been the case before, when I might have stuck around for a night. Now, though, I thoroughly enjoy my time at home with the kids.”
Your wife is a fast racing driver, and you are quick too. Are your children showing any signs of racing talent?
Tomczyk: “They are certainly very enthusiastic. You can’t really avoid it. Wherever you look in our house, you will find motor racing – whether it be helmets lying around or the nice BMW in the garage. You pass on that affinity with motorsport to your children. My garage is less full than the one with all my daughter’s pedal cars.”

BMW Power
04-05-16, 08:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx99kMKADbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90I-t4A3zAc

BMW Power
06-05-16, 09:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glUaTWkYufc&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
06-05-16, 09:17
Μία BMW M4 GTS υψηλών επιδόσεων θα είναι αυτοκίνητο ασφαλείας στο DTM 2016.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/greece/article/detail/T0259811EL/%CE%BC%CE%AF%CE%B1-bmw-m4-gts-%CF%85%CF%88%CE%B7%CE%BB%CF%8E%CE%BD-%CE%B5%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%B4%CF%8C%CF%83%CE%B5%CF%89%C E%BD-%CE%B8%CE%B1-%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B9-%CE%B1%CF%85%CF%84%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B7%C F%84%CE%BF-%CE%B1%CF%83%CF%86%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1%C F%82-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%BF-dtm-2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chwh59VUkAAfJJk.jpg:large

BMW Power
09-05-16, 08:43
DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Qualifying (Race 1) - Re-Live (English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzU21giNFs&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Full Race 1 - Re-Live (English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b0KhzAmpnY&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Augusto Farfus (BMW M4 DTM) - Re-Live Onboard (Race 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF3I37jRzJA&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

BMW Power
09-05-16, 08:45
DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Qualifying (Race 2) - Re-Live (English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7GmakqHD9c&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Race 2 - Re-Live (English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jctvO4noTbs&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

DTM Hockenheim 2016 - Augusto Farfus (BMW M4 DTM) - Re-Live Onboard (Race 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJgRm38kEII&feature=em-lbcastemail-np

BMW Power
09-05-16, 08:46
http://www.dtm.com/en/drivers-standings-2016/?o=2

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:12
Double pole in Styria.
Marco Wittmann secured pole position for Saturday’s race at the Red Bull Ring in his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. He will share the front row with Tom Blomqvist.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/DTM_2016_Spielberg-Wittmann_Samstag_Pole.jpg.resource.1463840785398.j pg

The signs could not be better for Saturday’s race in Spielberg: in Marco Wittmann and Tom Blomqvist, two BMW DTM drivers will share the front row of the grid. In qualifying, BMW Team RMG driver Wittmann set the fastest time of 1:22.795 minutes in his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM) was second in his Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM with 1:22.814 minutes.
"I am really happy. Qualifying went very well. For the session we had made some more modifications; the car was great and I was able to push in my first stint,“ Wittmann said. A total of six BMW M4 DTMs finished qualifying in the top ten. Timo Glock was fifth, followed by Maxime Martin in sixth and António Félix da Costa in seventh. Martin Tomczyk qualified ninth on the grid.

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:12
BMW celebrates one-two result in Spielberg.
The 250th race in BMW's DTM history was a successful one: Marco Wittmann celebrated a lights to flag victory in his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM and brought home BMW's 70th win in the DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/SPI_Rennen_I.jpg.resource.1463852552122.jpg

Tom Blomqvist in second place in his Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM clinched the one-two result in Saturday's race at the Red Bull Ring.
While Wittmann and Blomqvist celebrated their successes on the podium, four other BMW drivers were pleased with their points. Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) finished fourth ahead of Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) and Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) in fifth and sixth. Augusto Farfus in the Shell BMW M4 DTM also picked up two points for ninth.
Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) crossed the line in 13th, while António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) lost a lot of time after a drive-through penalty and finished the race in 22nd.

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:13
Reactions to the third DTM race 2016.
Marco Wittmann and Tom Blomqvist celebrated a one-two result for BMW in Spielberg in the third race of the DTM season.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/SPI_Reaktionen_1.jpg.resource.1463854882400.jpg

In addition to the two drivers, a further four BMW drivers finished in the points. Timo Glock, Martin Tomczyk, Maxime Martin and Augusto Farfus finished fourth, fifth, sixth and ninth.
Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, BMW Team RMG team principal Stefan Reinhold and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the race.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “Thank you very much for this fantastic belated birthday present. It was an outstanding team performance by BMW, I am proud of the guys. After we put in a very good performance in qualifying, we were also able to achieve a superb result in the race. I am very proud of Marco and Tom, who brought the one-two result home, despite Edoardo Mortara keeping up the pressure right down to the final lap. And our guys behind them also drove a fantastic race. That was by no means as easy as it might have looked.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal BMW Team RMG): “After our difficult opening weekend, we worked hard to deliver a better performance here. Naturally we wanted to show that we belong at the top. The whole team did a super job. Everything went well today - with both drivers. Marco was once again 'mega' at the top. Now we will go on the attack for the second time here in Spielberg tomorrow.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 1st place): “The Red Bull Ring seems to suit me very well. It really does treat me well. With the pole position and the good start, I laid the foundation for the win. Nevertheless, it was not easy to maintain the lead since my rivals were able to use the DRS. I'm very happy that it was enough to get the win – particularly for the team. They earned this success.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 2nd place): “It is fantastic to be on the podium so early in the season. Our car has been incredibly fast so far this weekend. We ended up getting the result we deserved, and overall things went well for BMW too. I am happy - and naturally I will go on the attack again tomorrow.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, 4th place): “The race was okay. I had a good start, but after a few laps I noticed that the balance wasn't perfect. I damaged the front splitter slightly during qualifying. I suspect that was the reason. This meant that I wasn't quite able to keep up with the pace at the front. Nevertheless, we are satisfied. Congratulations to Marco, BMW Team RMG and BMW. That is a fantastic result.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, 5th place): “I am very happy. Going into the race, I said fifth place was a realistic goal. Which is what we achieved. My start was the deciding factor, and the first lap was also good. Then I just drove my race behind Timo. Thanks go to my team, since we worked long and hard to get such a good car.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, 6th place): “It was a good race. It was very close at the start and my car was slightly damaged. Despite that, things went really well afterwards. It is always a great feeling to pick up points.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, 9th place): “I am happy that I got the car to the finish line intact today. We couldn't have done any better than ninth place. The important thing is that we picked up points. Now we need to go forward step by step.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, 13th place): “Firstly, I'd like to congratulate Marco and Tom on the one-two result. That is a sensational result for BMW. Our problem today was definitely the qualifying pace. We just didn't have the right pace. And then when you start so far down the field, it is difficult in the DTM. Now our focus is on improving the car for qualifying tomorrow.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, 22nd place): “The weekend started with seventh place in qualifying. Then my penalty meant that I started the race from tenth. Everything looked to be going well until I was awarded another penalty. I don't really agree with it right now. From my perspective, the driver in front of me made a mistake going into the yellow flag area and I drove past him on my line. But it is what it is. My race was over after the drive-through penalty.”

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:13
Another strong qualifying in Spielberg.
Three BMW M4 DTM race cars will start the Sunday race from the first two rows: António Félix da Costa, Timo Glock and Maxime Martin finished qualifying in second, third and fourth.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/SPI_Qualifying_II.jpg.resource.1463917148825.jpg

After Saturday's one-two for Marco Wittmann and Tom Blomqvist, the BMW DTM drivers also showed strong performances on Sunday: in qualifying at the Red Bull Ring, António Félix da Costa, Timo Glock and Maxime secured positions on the first two rows of the grid.
"Obviously I am very happy, but points are only given for the race. Now we need to bring them home this afternoon. We will fight for the win, but at the same time we will try to do a clever race and collect as many points as possible,“ said BMW Team Schnitzer driver Félix da Costa, who set the second fastest time in his BMW M4 DTM.
Glock and Martin will share the second row in third and fourth. In total, seven BMW M4 DTMs finished qualifying in the top ten. Augusto Farfus, Bruno Spengler and Tom Blomqvist were sixth, seventh and eighth. Saturday’s winner Wittmann will start from tenth on the grid.

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:14
Two races, two wins.
Timo Glock celebrated the third win of his career in the popular touring car series in Sunday's DTM race in Spielberg.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/SPI_Race_II.jpg.resource.1463931384829.jpg

The day before, Marco Wittmann got the 70th win in BMW's 250th DTM race. This gave BMW Team RMG reason to celebrate two days in a row.
Glock started Sunday's race from third on the grid and took the lead in the opening phase. A lead he refused to surrender at the wheel of the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM right down to the finish line. Five other BMW drivers made it into the points thanks to another united team performance. Augusto Farfus finished in fourth place in the Shell BMW M4 DTM. Right behind him, Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) and Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM) finished in fifth and sixth. On the day after his Saturday victory in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, Wittmann finished seventh. Bruno Spengler finished in ninth place in the BMW Bank M4 DTM.
António Félix da Costa was unlucky: Starting from second on the grid, the BMW Team Schnitzer driver also had his sights set on a good position for a large part of the race, before Edoardo Mortara (Audi) hit the rear of his car in a duel, sending him into the gravel. He ended up finishing the race in 21st place. Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance M4 DTM) finished in 19th.

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:14
Reactions to the second DTM race weekend 2016.
BMW Motorsport leaves the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg with two wins in two races.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/SPI_Reaktionen_II.jpg.resource.1463935950869.jpg

One day after Marco Wittmann's victory, Timo Glock was at the top of the podium. This saw BMW Team RMG become the first BMW team to celebrate two wins in one weekend since the reintroduction of the Saturday race in 2015.
Behind Glock, five other BMW drivers finished in the points on Sunday. Augusto Farfus, Maxime Martin, Tom Blomqvist, Wittmann and Bruno Spengler finished in fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and ninth. Six BMW M4 DTMs also finished in the points on Saturday. Wittmann and Blomqvist celebrated a one-two result.
Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the race weekend.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “That was a very strong race by Timo. We had just the right strategy against the strong competition from Audi. It proved to be a very good decision to bring Timo in for an early pit stop. Mattias Ekström came on very strong again, but in the end it was enough. It was a perfect weekend for BMW Team RMG, getting the wins in both races. My congratulations on this outstanding achievement. And well done to all the other BMW drivers who finished in the points. They all did a fantastic job. Overall I am very happy with this weekend. As is so often the case, it was worth coming to Spielberg.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal BMW Team RMG): “I am speechless. Yesterday I was at the top of the podium with Marco, today with Timo. We haven't ever had a weekend like this. I am just so happy. We worked hard with both drivers over the winter, and now all of this work is paying off. I can only say a massive thanks to both of them. Marco's win on Saturday was incredible, and I am really happy to have won a race with Timo now. After all, we have known each other for such a long time. Spielberg was a dream for us.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal BMW Team MTEK): “It was a very good weekend here in Spielberg for BMW. For us as a team, it was a little bit more difficult on Saturday. Nevertheless, I am very happy with how the entire team reacted. The engineers made great improvements to the cars for Sunday, and the crew was in top form and completed the fastest pit stop of the race. Which is why there are plenty of reasons to look forward to the next races in Lusatia.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal BMW Team RBM): “We have a positive weekend all round behind us. Both drivers picked up a lot of points; Tom was on the podium for us yesterday. I am very happy. With Maxime we have picked up points in every single race so far. This consistency is fantastic. In the team standings, we are now in second place behind Stefan Reinhold's team, so I don't have much to complain about.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal BMW Team Schnitzer): “We experienced highs and lows at our home event. Martin's fifth place yesterday after a good result in qualifying was really strong, and it was fantastic to see António on the front row of the grid today. He only narrowly missed out on the pole position. Naturally, it is very disappointing that we finished today's race in 19th and 21st. It's a great shame for the team, who worked so hard. António was battling for the podium, and Martin was doing well, despite starting from further down the field. He might have even been able to pick up points. But the incident set both of them back.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 1st place, Sat.: 4th place): “This race was a dream. It couldn't have gone any better. I was able to pull away on the initial laps and then assert my lead after that. After the minor error in qualifying and the misfortune in Hockenheim, this was very satisfying, and BMW Team RMG had a perfect weekend with the wins for Marco and me. This makes me really happy. In general, it was a magnificent weekend for BMW.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 4th place, Sat.: 9th place): “I am very happy with the outcome of this race. You have to take into account how we started this weekend. We had to make up a lot of ground in terms of the set-up, and the team did a great job with that. My car was much better today. The important thing is to pick up points consistently. That seems to be working well so far.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 5th place, Sat.: 6th place): “In terms of pace, we might have been able to do even better here in Spielberg. But when all is said and done, we picked up a lot of points. So far I have finished in the points in all four races this year. This consistency is of great value. Naturally I will try to keep this up at the Lausitzring.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 2nd place): “From eighth on the grid, I moved up the field in the race - and that is always positive. It was really close again today, and on top of that it was hot. The car was good, but it is not easy to stay close to the car in front and overtake. At the end of the day, sixth place is totally fine. BMW really did have a superb weekend here.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 7th place, Sat.: 1st place): “Unfortunately I had a technical problem in the second race, so I was fighting with blunt weapons. It was very disappointing; I couldn't do better than P7. Nevertheless, it was a fabulous weekend overall for our team.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 9th place, Sat.: 13th place): “Overall it wasn't a particularly great weekend for me personally. The two wins for BMW were definitely positive. Congratulations to Timo on his win today too. But things didn't go so well for us. Qualifying today was better than on Saturday. We made progress together with the entire team, but then we weren't fast enough in the race and had to battle constantly. Now we will examine why we didn't have the optimum balance.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 19th place, Sat.: 5th place): “My race was okay until the pit stop. Our strategy was right from my perspective, and I was just outside the top ten. Then there was an incident that cost me a lot of places. Despite that, we can take a lot of positives away with us, particularly from Saturday.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 21st place, Sat.: 22nd place): “I will have to take a look at the footage in detail, but from my perspective I was clearly ahead in the incident with Edoardo Mortara, and it should have been my corner. I used DRS and was faster. He should have held back, but it can't be changed. I feel sorry for the team. This saw us miss out on an opportunity, and that doesn't feel good.”

BMW Power
23-05-16, 09:15
BMW wins both races in Spielberg.
The Red Bull Ring in Spielberg proved to be an extremely successful hunting ground for the BMW M4 DTM: BMW won in both races.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/5/Glock.jpg.resource.1463941743121.jpg

A BMW Team RMG driver was on the top step of the podium on both days: Marco Wittmann won in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM on Saturday, on Sunday it was his team-mate Timo Glock in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM. Tom Blomqvist of BMW Team RBM also made it onto the podium in Spielberg, finishing second in the race on Saturday. The BMW DTM teams also showed a united, strong team performance: On both days, no fewer than six BMW M4 DTMs crossed the finish line in the top ten. The best-placed BMW drivers in the overall standings are Glock in third and Maxime Martin in fourth, both with 37 points.
Three questions for... Timo Glock.
Timo, what does this win in Spielberg mean to you?
Timo Glock: “Naturally this success is greatly satisfying. I am just so happy. It was a very, very good weekend. The speed in the race was good yesterday, even though the splitter was damaged slightly. Then today was a real textbook race. If you had to write a perfect strategy on a blank piece of paper, it would be today's, and then it ends up with such a result. We improved our car step by step over the weekend, massive thanks go to BMW Team RMG for that too. On top of that, it was Jens Marquardt's birthday – and now we have given him the perfect gift with two wins and a lot of points.”
You can tell that you really feel at home at BMW Team RMG…
Glock: “Yes, we have a great harmony. I have known a few of the guys from the team for a very long time, including the team principal. Stefan Reinhold does a terrific job, and things are fantastic with my engineers too. They always give me a car that is great from the word go. Then usually only fine-tuning is required to improve in minor details. Everything just fits - and I feel totally at home.”
What are your goals for the next races?
Glock: “We have to take each race as it comes. We just want to enjoy racing, and we need to continue in the same way with this momentum. No doubt there will be tracks that won't suit us as well, which makes it even more important for us to make the most of every opportunity we are given. We definitely managed that here in Spielberg.”

BMW Power
25-05-16, 12:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZDn_jcZCg&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:48
Strong starting position at the Lausitzring.
In Saturday's first DTM qualiIfying, Marco Wittmann secured third place, so is on the second row of the grid in his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Qualifying1.jpg.resource.1465032400808.jpg

With this grid position the BMW Team RMG driver has a good base to challenge for the podium in the race on Saturday afternoon. Wittmann clocked a time of 1:16.771 mins and was more than satisfied after the first two practice session had been difficult for him.
"We did not expect to qualify third, to be honest. This is very positive,“ Wittmann commented. "Between free practice and qualifying we found a very good set-up. We missed out narrowly on the pole, but this does not bother me at all, as our initial target was to finish in the top ten. Now we have secured third on the grid and I am really happy. Now we need to build on that in the race."

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:48
Wittmann moves to top of DTM Championship.
Marco Wittmann is the new leader in the Drivers’ Championship after the fifth DTM race of the year at the Lausitzring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Rennen1.jpg.resource.1465054355443.jpg

The BMW Team RMG driver started from third on the grid and, after 32 flawless laps and a fierce battle with the drivers behind him, crossed the finish line fourth in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. Wittmann now has 47 points to his name, making him the overall leader. Victory in Saturday’s race went to Miguel Molina (Audi).
Maxime Martin drove another good race in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM, coming home ninth to pick up two points. He is now the only driver in the DTM field to have scored points in all five of this season’s races. Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) and Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) narrowly missed out on the top ten, finishing 11th and 12th.
António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM), Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) and Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM) ended the race in 15th, 21st and 22nd. Martin Tomczyk was involved in a collision with Esteban Ocon, through no fault of his own, and was subsequently forced to retire from the race in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM.

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:49
Reactions to the fifth race of the 2016.
Marco Wittmann finished fourth in Saturday’s race at the Lausitzring to score valuable points and take the lead in the DTM Drivers’ Championship.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Reaktionen_1.jpg.resource.1465058292082.jpg

BMW Team RMG defended its lead in the Team competition. BMW also tops the Manufacturers’ standings.
Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the race.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “We can be very satisfied with fourth place for Marco Wittmann. He used up his DRS quota relatively early in the race, and then defended his position doggedly against those behind him. That is the mark of a champion: Marco showed nerves of steel. He now leads the Drivers’ Championship Maxime Martin is the only driver in the field to have finished in the points in every race this season. That is a very impressive performance. António Félix da Costa fought his way through the field with some fantastic and fair manoeuvres. In doing so, he showed what a fine racer he is. I am very pleased for him. Given the fact that the Lausitzring does not really suit the BMW M4 DTM, that was a good result today.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 4th place): “My summary is more than positive. We did not reckon on finishing fourth here, and taking the lead in the Drivers’ Championship. We scored a lot of points, which is important – particularly on a track, at which we are not so strong. I had a good start, but unfortunately I could not find a way through to the very front. Then Robert Wickens forced me off the track. Towards the end of the race I did not have any DRS left and had to go on the defensive. It was a tough race – on the whole, I am very happy.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, 9th place): “That was okay, although it was quite a difficult race. At least I came away with two points. That is always nice, but our pace in the race was not as good as in qualifying. Let’s see what happens tomorrow. The goal is to extend our run of finishes in the points. The atmosphere here at the Motorsport Festival is fantastic.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, 11th place): “I fought hard today. The start was relatively okay, but it is just very difficult to make any progress through the field after the kind of qualifying we had. My goal was to finish in the points. I almost made it. The car was much better than in qualifying. I have to say a big thank you to my team for that. I will try again tomorrow.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, 12th place): “That was difficult today. I got away very well at the start, and then found myself behind Nico Müller. Unfortunately, there was no way past him. Generally speaking, the car was not easy to drive. We will take a look at that with tomorrow in mind. Congratulations to Marco. That was a tough battle for him up front. It is nice that he was able to pick up some points for the team. I obviously want to do the same thing tomorrow.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, 15th place): “I had fun today. I was able to make up a few positions, particularly on the opening lap. Over the course of the race, it became increasingly difficult to keep the rear axle under control. Hopefully we will improve that for tomorrow. There were a few fair battles, without any contact. My car does not have a single scratch. That is very positive after a race like that.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, 21st place): “It was a frustrating race. We had a problem at the start, but, that aside, our car was simply not fast enough today. We had difficulties in qualifying. They then continued in the race. It is a shame, but tomorrow is a new day.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 22nd place): “That was not a good race for us. I was hemmed-in in the first corner. At first I thought I had a puncture, but I was able to continue. Despite that, I dropped back through the field. I could not have done anything more. We did not get the car in the right performance window today. We can forget about today. We will start again tomorrow.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, DNF): “It is a shame. Esteban Ocon’s attempt to overtake was never going to work. He had already tried it two laps beforehand. He had to realise then that it was not possible. Nonetheless, it happened. He was given a penalty. That does not do me much good, or him for that matter. The race came to a premature end. We must now focus fully on tomorrow.”

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:49
Glock secures P3 in qualifying.
Sunday’s qualifying at the Lausitzring was also successful for BMW Team RMG.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Qualifying_2.jpg.resource.1465122685342.jpg

This time, Timo Glock secured a front grid position in his DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM. Glock clocked a time of 1:16.943 mins and finished qualifying in third. He just missed out on pole position by 0.082 seconds.
"I am very happy with the set-up changes we did for today. I just have to pay a big compliment to my engineers, who take us in the right direction every weekend. They analyse every detail and make sure we progress step by step. I am satisfied with P3 and hope this will give us a strong basis for the race."
His team-mate Marco Wittmann finished eighth, Tom Blomqvist qualified tenth. The 60-minute race, the sixth of the 2016 DTM season, will start at 15:13.

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:50
Wittmann best-placed BMW driver again.
Marco Wittmann followed up his fourth place in Saturday’s race with another impressive display on Sunday at the Lausitzring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Rennen_2.jpg.resource.1465140714879.jpg

He finished sixth at the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM in race two. The eight points he receives for this position mean he ends the third race weekend of the season second in the DTM Drivers’ Championship. Now with 55 points to his name, he trails leader Robert Wickens (Mercedes) by just three points. Victory in Sunday’s race went to Lucas Auer (Mercedes).
As well as Wittmann, a further two BMW drivers finished in the points. Bruno Spengler crossed the finish line ninth in the BMW Bank M4 DTM, followed by Timo Glock at the wheel of the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM in tenth. BMW successfully defended its lead in the Manufacturers’ Championship. BMW Team RMG continues to lead the Team competition with 93 points.
Tom Blomqvist narrowly missed out on the points, finishing 11th in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM. Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM), António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) and Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) were 13th, 14th and 18th in the sixth race of the season. Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) failed to finish after a collision, which was no fault of his own.
As well as the DTM, the programme at the Motorsport Festival at the Lausitzring also featured the ADAC GT Masters and SUPERBIKE*IDM, which thrilled the 67,500 spectators in glorious summer weather.

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:51
Reactions to the third race weekend 2016.
BMW Motorsport leaves the Lausitzring with a further 25 hard-fought points to its name.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/LAU_Reaktionen_2.jpg.resource.1465144916842.jpg

BMW and BMW Team RMG were able to retain their leads in the Manufacturers’ Championship and Team competition. Marco Wittmann is second in the Drivers’ Championship after finishing fourth and sixth at the 3.478-kilometre circuit. In total, four BMW drivers scored points at the EuroSpeedway, in the form of Wittmann, Maxime Martin, Bruno Spengler and Timo Glock.
Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the race weekend.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “I think we put on a fantastic show for the fans with this Motorsport Festival. There was a lot going on out on the track, and we had very good crowds in the stands. There was a real festival atmosphere. This joint event with the DTM, ADAC GT Masters and SUPERBIKE*IDM was a great success. Thank you to everyone who made it possible. The Sunday race was hard work for us again. Marco Wittmann achieved a very good result with his sixth place. The points scored by Bruno Spengler and Timo Glock were also important. We knew we would struggle on this track, but still came away with some points. We will now turn our attention to the next race at the Norisring.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “We put on a really good show this weekend – and the drivers did a fantastic job. I would like to say a special thank you to our engineers. They prepared meticulously for this weekend, and their hard work paid off. It was a big success for us. As expected, the circuit was a big challenge, but we got something out of the weekend.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “Firstly, I am just pleased that the incident involving Augusto did not have any serious consequences. That was really very dangerous. It was a disappointing weekend for us. We had problems setting a good pace in qualifying. However, everything actually fell into place in the race itself. The pit stop was superb and the strategy was good. We just need to start from further up the grid. That is what we will be aiming for at the Norisring.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “We always knew that this would be a difficult weekend. We tried everything. We failed to score any points with Tom this weekend, and only succeeded with Maxime on Saturday. That is disappointing, but we certainly learned a lot. That will help us next time.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “That was not our weekend. We will have to look into exactly why that was the case. We were lacking performance, and we need to find out why quickly. If everything does not fall into place perfectly in the DTM, then you find yourself fighting towards the back of the field.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 4th place): “I feel very positive after this weekend. We knew beforehand that we would not find it easy at the Lausitzring. With this in mind, fourth and sixth are very good results. I scored important points, and thus made the most of our opportunities. Unfortunately, my start was something of a disaster in Sunday’s race. I got away really badly. However, I fought back very well after that, and was the fastest BMW driver in the race.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 9th place, Sat.: 11th place): “This weekend had positive and negative aspects for us. Unfortunately, we did not manage to be quick in qualifying, but I generally had a very good car over the race distance. As we started from well down the field, it was impossible to score more points. As far as race pace is concerned, we were just as quick as the leading group. My guys did a great pit stop today. A big thank you for that.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 10th place, Sat.: 12th place): “I was really happy with third place in qualifying this morning. We had taken another step forward and established a good starting position for the race. Unfortunately, however, we couldn’t get anything going with the second set of tyres. I was fighting a losing battle. I had to let one car after another through, and that was that.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 11th place, Sat.: 22nd place): “It was a difficult weekend. This time, we did not have the necessary pace over the race distance. Yesterday’s race was tough. Today was better, but I don’t think we could have done a lot more. I had problems with my tyres in my first stint. It was better after the pit stop, but by then it was too late.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 13th place, Sat.: 15th place): “On the whole, we were simply not fast enough. The car did not feel as though I could push all weekend. Despite this, we did our very best, as anything is possible in the DTM. We will learn from this, and continue to work hard.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 14th place, Sat.: 9th place): “That was not necessarily our best weekend. It was okay on a flying lap in qualifying, but we struggled over the race distance. I scored two points yesterday, but none today. I am not happy with that, but that is part and parcel of racing sometimes.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 18th place, Sat.: DNF): “I must forget about this weekend quickly. However, I am still unsettled by today’s qualifying. That was very disappointing. Despite that, I obviously still wanted to get the best out of the race. The battle with Mike Rockenfeller was nice and fair, but there was no longer anything at stake. All I can say to that is: bring on the Norisring.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 21st place): “I defended my position and think Miguel Molina completely forgot to brake. He rammed me, and that was the end of my race. We never found the right balance for the car this weekend. Despite this, everyone in the team worked very hard. We will fight back at the Norisring.”

BMW Power
06-06-16, 08:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8kimoJw3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquWSTf_Ztw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjJBKN-aJk

BMW Power
07-06-16, 19:45
https://youtu.be/NYXnE9pLc-k

BMW Power
13-06-16, 10:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RgAL_kY8-U&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
24-06-16, 15:29
Through the city in a BMW M4 DTM.
The expectations of Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers ahead of the fourth race weekend of the 2016 season at the Norisring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/DTM_2016_Norisring_Preview.jpg.resource.1466503026 993.jpg

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“The break before the Norisring allowed our drivers and teams to at least take a quick breather, as the previous weeks had been very intense. After the successful Motorsport Festival at the Lausitzring, the next spectacle awaits us in Nuremberg. The narrow circuit, partly on public streets, the many fans in the paddock and grandstands, and the special flair around the Dutzendteich make the Norisring weekend unique. The field will naturally be bunched even closer together than usual on the short circuit, which is only 2.3 kilometres long. This means that our teams and drivers must be fully focussed on the job in hand – the Norisring punishes any carelessness immediately.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG):
“We scored important points in both races at the Lausitzring and lead the team competition. We now want to play a big role again at the Norisring, and allow Marco Wittmann to enjoy a successful home outing. Our entire team is fully focussed on getting the very best out of the BMW M4 DTM for both Timo Glock and Marco, although the Norisring is not the ideal track for our car. We have to continue to work hard, in order to take our chances.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK):
“The Norisring is a very special circuit, on which everything must come together perfectly in order to be quick. We mastered the challenge very well last year. Bruno Spengler was the fastest BMW driver in both races and was rewarded with pole and a podium on the Sunday. We will do everything in our power to be equally as successful in 2016.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM):
“The atmosphere at the Norisring is always very special for our entire team. Nowhere else are the fans this close to the action. How we fare from a sporting point of view will depend on details, as the field is even closer on this short track than elsewhere. Last year we finished in the points, and that is our goal again this time.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“After a difficult weekend at the Lausitzring, we are looking forward to our home race in Bavaria. The unique setting makes the Norisring and its passionate fans one of the highlights of the DTM race calendar. The circuit is bumpy, with walls where you would usually find run-off zones. You cannot afford to make even the smallest mistake. That makes the circuit extremely demanding, even though it only consists of two hairpins and a chicane, as well as the straights.”
Marco Wittmann (car number 11, BMW Team RMG):
“I am really looking forward to my home races. The atmosphere both on and off the track is absolutely unique. I know an awful lot of people there, such as the marshals and members of Motorsport Club Nuremberg. Many friends and relatives will also be there. I am particularly pleased to go into the weekend with plenty of momentum, on the back of good results that have taken me to second in the Drivers’ Championship.”
Timo Glock (car number 16, BMW Team RMG):
“The atmosphere at the Norisring is fantastic. We will have to wait and see how we get on there. Whatever happens, we will be trying to get the maximum out of the only street circuit on the calendar.”
Bruno Spengler (car number 7, BMW Team MTEK):
“I have super memories of the Norisring. Last year, I started Sunday’s race from pole and finished third. That was a huge relief for me, my team and everyone at BMW Motorsport. From then on, the season improved dramatically for us. Even before last year, I had already had a lot of great races at the Norisring, and have won there three times. I love the circuit and the atmosphere. It is just fantastic to race there.”
Augusto Farfus (car number 18, BMW Team MTEK):
“The Norisring seems, at first glance, to be a simple racetrack. However, it is extremely difficult to find the right set-up there. The challenge here is greater than at almost any other circuit. I have had some crazy races at the Norisring. The event is magnificent, and I am really looking forward to it.”
Tom Blomqvist (car number 31, BMW Team RBM):
“The circuit is one of a kind. It is very short and the fans are very close to the action. That makes for a very special atmosphere. I think we have learned a lot from last year, and go into the race weekend better prepared this time.”
Maxime Martin (car number 36, BMW Team RBM):
“I live in Monaco and always see the Norisring as the DTM equivalent of that circuit. The fans there are absolutely crazy and the grandstands are always full. We drivers obviously really enjoy that, and it is also good for the DTM. I always enjoy returning to the Norisring.”
António Félix da Costa (car number 13, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“This is one of the coolest events of the season. I had really good races there last year, and hope I can build on those experiences and score valuable points this year.”
Martin Tomczyk (car number 100, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“The Norisring is not an easy circuit to drive, although it only has four corners. I am excited to see the balance of power in Nuremberg. Our rivals have been very strong there in recent years, but I am confident that we will play a major role again this time.”

BMW Power
24-06-16, 15:29
Additional junior driver for BMW Motorsport.
BMW has gained a new member shortly before the next DTM race weekend at the Norisring. The 17-year-old Swede Joel Eriksson will be included in BMW Motorsport’s Junior Programme.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Eriksson.jpg.resource.1466759251191.jpg

He thereby joins the squad of talented racing drivers that up to now consisted of the two winners from the previous years, Jesse Krohn and Louis Delétraz, and the two newcomers Ricky Collard and Nico Menzel. Eriksson will be on-site in his new role at the Norisring and will drive the race taxi.
“I’m delighted to welcome another great motorsport talent to our ranks in Joel Eriksson,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “We have been watching his development for some time now and he impressed us with his performances during this season. I think that he, like the other BMW Motorsport Juniors, can take the next important step in his development as a racing driver with us.”
Eriksson said: “I am very grateful to BMW Motorsport for the opportunity to continue my development as a racing driver with a major manufacturer. I am looking forward to an exciting and, no doubt, very educational time.”
Joel Eriksson is competing in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship in 2016 and has already made it onto the podium three times in his debut season. The next races will be held at the Norisring as part of the supporting programme for the DTM. Eriksson finished second in the ADAC Formula 4 last year. In his role as a BMW Motorsport Junior he will take part in several events this year in order to learn as much as possible about BMW Motorsport and to get valuable insights into the ways the drivers, teams and engineers work on site.

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:22
Good start for Wittmann at the Norisring.
Marco Wittmann finished the first practice session of the DTM weekend at the Norisring in second place. His time of 48.935 seconds was 0.057 seconds slower than the fastest time set by Edoardo Mortara (Audi).

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Wittmann_Training.jpg.resource.1466788532401.jpg

Tom Blomqvist came home eighth in his Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM followd by António Félix da Costa and Timo Glock in 12th and 13th.
Martin Tomczyk, Bruno Spengler and Maxime Martin finished the 30-minute session on P18, P19 and P20. Augusto Farfus ended the very hot day on the street circuit in Nürnberg on P23.

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:22
Wittmann finishes fourth at the Norisring.
Marco Wittmann, at the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, finished fourth in Saturday’s DTM race at the Norisring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Rennen1.jpg.resource.1466863608529.jpg

This represents the 2014 champion’s best ever home result in the DTM. Wittmann drove a great race, fighting his way through the field from 13th on the grid. After 49 laps of racing, he crossed the finish line ahead of Bruno Spengler, who came home fifth in the BMW Bank M4 DTM.
Maxime Martin also produced an excellent drive in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. He started down in 14th place, but made up eight positions over the course of the race to finish sixth. António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) battled his way through from 21st place to ninth and was rewarded with two points for his efforts.
Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) finished just outside the points in eleventh place. Martin Tomczyk also came up just short of a points finish, having fought back from 23rd on the grid to finish 12th in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) and Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM) were 14th and 16th.
Reactions to the seventh race of the 2016 DTM season.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “The fans witnessed an extremely thrilling race – just like you are used to at the Norisring. It was a top result for us and the best that we were able to achieve. Naturally, we benefitted from an aggressive manoeuvre from the opposition. But with Bruno Spengler in fifth place, we only had one driver in a good starting position. The fact that we ended up with four cars in the top 10 is fantastic. Marco in particular delivered an excellent performance at his home event and pushed his way into fourth place after starting from 13th on the grid, but Bruno and Maxime both had great races right behind him. I am very pleased. Now we will undergo intensive preparations for tomorrow. It will be another fiercely contested race.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 4th place): “The best word I can think of to describe this result is ‘mega’. I had a good start from P13, then it is always incredibly close on the first turn here. I went for the inside line, and I think that was the right choice. I was able to make up positions and then benefitted from the hotheads in front of me – you need to keep a cool head at the front. In terms of pace, we were very, very fast. From 13th to fourth place – that doesn't happen every day.”

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:23
Reactions to the seventh race of the season.
Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the race.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Reactions1.jpg.resource.1466863608409.jpg

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “The fans witnessed an extremely thrilling race – just like you are used to at the Norisring. It was a top result for us and the best that we were able to achieve. Naturally, we benefitted from an aggressive manoeuvre from the opposition. But with Bruno Spengler in fifth place, we only had one driver in a good starting position. The fact that we ended up with four cars in the top 10 is fantastic. Marco in particular delivered an excellent performance at his home event and pushed his way into fourth place after starting from 13th on the grid, but Bruno and Maxime both had great races right behind him. I am very pleased. Now we will undergo intensive preparations for tomorrow. It will be another fiercely contested race.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 4th place): “The best word I can think of to describe this result is ‘mega’. I had a good start from P13, then it is always incredibly close on the first turn here. I went for the inside line, and I think that was the right choice. I was able to make up positions and then benefitted from the hotheads in front of me – you need to keep a cool head at the front. In terms of pace, we were very, very fast. From 13th to fourth place – that doesn't happen every day.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, 5th place): “Fifth place is okay, but I'm not totally happy. We were relatively good in qualifying. The team really did a good job and improved the car considerably overnight, but then our race speed just wasn't good enough. The positive thing is that we came away with points.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, 6th place): “That really wasn't very easy today. It is never easy from 14th on the grid in the DTM, but to then end up in sixth place is fantastic. We picked up points again – and I'm happy about that.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, 9th place): “I'm happy with the result. Qualifying was disappointing, we made life difficult for ourselves for the race. That said, we at least had a better car than the guys around us, so I was able to look after my brakes and economise with the DRS. In terms of strategy, that was the key today. The overtaking manoeuvres were fun, and I am totally happy with two points after starting from 21st on the grid.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, 11th place): “We just couldn't find a good set-up for the race, but we still only narrowly missed out on the points. It's a real shame. We are making progress little by little, which is why it's good that there is another race tomorrow in which we can prove ourselves.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, 12th place): “I got through this race very well. I kept up with António throughout the race from the start, and we worked our way up the field together. The car was good and we had the right racing speed, but you get stuck in traffic at the Norisring.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, 14th place): “The start was okay. Then, unfortunately, I was a bit too far out in Schöller-S on the first lap, ended up in the dirt and lost the car. It was like driving on ice and I slipped into the wall. After that, the car no longer performed perfectly. On top of that, my DRS didn't work in the first half of the race. So naturally we never stood a chance and were unable to pick up any points.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 16th place): “The weather was good, the atmosphere was sensational – and my start was also okay. But then I got wedged in on the first turn and lost a few places. And then when you have a convoy of cars in front of you, it is very difficult to overtake here at the Norisring. It was also a difficult race overall for me.”

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:23
BMW Team RBM sees both drivers on podium.
Sunday's DTM race at the Norisring ended with major success for BMW Team RBM: Tom Blomqvist drove into second place in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM, after starting from pole position for the first time in his DTM career.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Norisring_Race2.jpg.resource.1466948077020.jpg

Behind him, Maxime Martin delivered a fighting performance in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM to move up from sixth on the grid to finish in third place. This saw both drivers in Bart Mampaey's Belgian team make it onto the podium. Nico Müller (Audi) celebrated victory on the 2.3-kilometre track.
The race went well for the BMW drivers in general. Just like on Saturday, they benefitted from numerous incidents involving competitors, and a further four BMW M4 DTM made it into the top 10. After fourth place on Saturday, local hero Marco Wittmann ended Sunday's race in sixth place in his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, which meant he regained the lead in the drivers' championship with 75 points. Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) finished right behind him in seventh.
Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) and Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) delivered strong races from 20 and 23 on the grid, finishing in the points in ninth and tenth place. Accidents saw António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) and Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) retire before the end of the race.
Reactions to the eighth race of the 2016 DTM season.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “The fans in the grandstands were treated to the spectacular show they have come to expect. We did not expect to come away with such a good result. Obviously anyone starting from pole wants to win, but if anyone had told me before the weekend that Tom Blomqvist and Maxime Martin would finish second and third at the Norisring, I would have taken that immediately so my compliments to both of them, as well as Bart Mampaey and his entire team. We are very happy to have six cars in the top ten here. It is a shame for António Félix da Costa that his impressive performance did not get the result it deserved, and for Augusto Farfus that his race came to a premature end on the opening lap. We want to back this performance up when the DTM returns from its three-week break in Zandvoort. Congratulations to Nico Müller on his win.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 2nd place): “All in all, I am very happy with the result. I made it onto the podium and scored 18 valuable points. We had not really reckoned on that going into the weekend. We even came very close to winning, but unfortunately I lost time towards the end of my first stint and in the pit stop. On the whole, however, my team did an incredibly good job. I would like to thank them all.”

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:24
Reactions to the fourth race weekend.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/6/Reactions_NOR.jpg.resource.1466955723605.jpg

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “The fans in the grandstands were treated to the spectacular show they have come to expect. We did not expect to come away with such a good result: obviously anyone starting from pole wants to win. But if anyone had told me before the weekend that Tom Blomqvist and Maxime Martin would finish second and third at the Norisring, I would have taken that immediately. Compliments to both of them, as well as Bart Mampaey and his entire team. We are very happy to have six cars in the top ten here. It is a shame for António Félix da Costa that his impressive performance did not get the result it deserved, and for Augusto Farfus that his race came to a premature end on the opening lap. We want to back this performance up when the DTM returns from its three-week break in Zandvoort. Congratulations to Nico Müller on his win.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “If someone had told me that we would have both drivers on the podium ahead of this weekend, I probably wouldn't have believed them. The Norisring is one of our favourite tracks, but we haven't always been competitive here. Having now achieved such a result with our team is incredible. Congratulations to Nico Müller. He was faster than we were today. Nevertheless, we can be proud of our performance. Maxime Martin picked up points in both races again; Tom Blomqvist started from pole and initially pulled ahead. So overall I am very, very pleased.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “This weekend was perfect team-building for us. We made rigorous preparations for the Norisring with our engineers and mechanics. We know that we need to pick up points even on difficult weekends. Our result clearly exceeded our expectations. The drivers did a fantastic job and pulled their weight. Big thanks also go to BMW. We are extremely happy right now. I'm particularly delighted that we were able to give Marco Wittmann another successful home event here in Nürnberg.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “Bruno Spengler got the maximum out of the races at the Norisring for us. He delivered a good performance – and it was a good weekend for BMW overall. Unfortunately, when things don't go well for Augusto Farfus at the moment, they really don't go well. It is frustrating to be knocked out on the first lap and be unable to continue the race. We need to give him a car that enables him to qualify further up the field. We need to be further up the field with both cars in Zandvoort.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “We just can't get this one good lap in qualifying. Despite difficult starting situations, both drivers did well on Saturday. At least António Félix da Costa was able to pick up points. Then Sunday was mixed. Qualifying went better for António in particular, but then there were several incidents. After several hard attacking manoeuvres, António's car was so badly damaged that he had to retire. The ray of hope was Martin Tomczyk: He drove an aggressive race and was rewarded for this with a point. Congratulations to BMW Team RBM. It was fantastic to see the Belgians on the podium in Bavaria.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 2nd place, Sat.: 16th place): “All in all, I am very happy with the result. I made it onto the podium and scored 18 valuable points. We had not really reckoned on that going into the weekend. We even came very close to winning, but unfortunately I lost time towards the end of my first stint and in the pit stop. On the whole, however, my team did an incredibly good job. I would like to thank them all.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 3rd place, Sat.: 6th place): “I'm really happy. As a team, we did a fantastic job. I knew I had a good chance to take some points, with the strong grid position, and I felt really good in the race. The car had great pace, and I have to thank the team for that; they were fantastic as usual. To take a podium here is brilliant. Tom did a great job, and to have six BMW in the top 10 is obviously very nice. Congratulations as well to Nico Müller, the first win in DTM is always special.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 4th place): “My start wasn't very good, but the incident involving Mattias Ekström meant that I made it through the initial phase in tenth place anyway. After that the pace was really good, but you couldn't really attack. It would have been too risky. We opted for a slightly longer first stint. This turned out to be the right move. After that I fought well, was able to overtake Edoardo Mortara and then got stuck behind Lucas Auer and Paul di Resta for a long time. It would have been too risky to get involved in this situation too. We didn't really expect that I would be leading the drivers' championship at the end of the weekend.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 7th place, Sat.: 5th place): “Picking up points from 14th on the grid is okay. We couldn't have done any better. Qualifying was the problem once again. I battled with the balance of my car throughout the weekend. The positive is that I was still able to pick up points twice. Unfortunately, we weren't able to finish any further up the field. Overall, it was a really great Norisring performance for BMW. Special thanks go to our pit crew at BMW Team MTEK. The guys did a fantastic job. Now we are focussing on Zandvoort.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 9th place, Sat.: 21st place): “It ended up being a very good day after all. We didn't have the right pace in qualifying, and it was difficult with the first set of tyres in the race. Then the team made a good call and brought me in at the right time. After that the car was really great and I was at least able to ration the DRS a bit. The safety car phase helped me a bit. I had a great, fair duel with Timo Scheider. Racing like that is fun. We gave it our all – and at least came away with a few points. From 20th on the grid to ninth: that is a good result.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 10th place, Sat.: 12th place): “Naturally I am pleased with the catch-up race I was able to deliver. But I only ended up with one point, which is why I am not really happy with myself. Still, congratulations to BMW on a weekend at the Norisring that was fantastic overall.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 9th place): “My start was good, I was able to move up a few places. We weren't necessarily the fastest today, but we were consistent; we would have been able to pick up points. Sadly, though, it was a turbulent race. Then I was hit and spun. The car was finished and we had to retire. We will return stronger in Zandvoort.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 11th place): “We didn't manage to find the optimum set-up for the car at all this weekend. When you have to start from far down the field it is very difficult on a street circuit in particular. I was on the outside in the first turn in Sunday's race. Then another driver moved over and I ran out of space between me and the wall. After the contact my car was too badly damaged, so I had to retire.”

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:26
2016 Standings

http://www.dtm.com/en/drivers-and-standings/?o=2

BMW Power
28-06-16, 15:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3BAK0SdD6o&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
04-07-16, 08:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZtsy3Qcjb8&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
22-08-16, 11:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyYRW4KN9U&feature=em-lbcastemail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFTbCCCcHJk&feature=em-lbcastemail

BMW Power
22-08-16, 11:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWZGho_mAA&feature=em-lbcastemail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvE3ewC9SH4&feature=em-lbcastemail

BMW Power
22-08-16, 15:03
Top-four lock-out for BMW in Moscow.
Marco Wittmann claimed his second win of the season in race 12 of the year at the “Moscow Raceway”. In doing so, he also regained the lead in the Drivers’ Championship.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/8/sieg4.jpg.resource.1471785733191.jpg

After finishing 19th in Saturday’s wet race, Wittmann impressed in qualifying, landing the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM on pole position. He then converted this into win number seven in the 50th race of his DTM career with a dominant display. This victory also represented BMW Team RMG’s tenth win in its 60th race and was the 72nd time in the history of the DTM that the top step of the podium had been occupied by a BMW driver.
Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM), Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) and Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) finished second, third and fourth to complete the sixth top-four lock-out for BMW in the DTM. Thanks to this outstanding team result, BMW now leads the Manufacturers’ Championship again with 436 points. BMW Team RMG also regained the top spot in the team competition with 178 points.
Maxime Martin was extremely unlucky. He was in first place in qualifying when he lost control of the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM in a fast left-hander and skidded into the tyre wall. His mechanics at BMW Team RBM were able to repair the car in time for the start of the race, but Martin was forced to start from the very back of the field. Despite also being handed a drive-through penalty, he eventually managed to fight his way into 17th place.
Timo Glock also left empty-handed. He looked certain to finish in the points in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM until he was hit by a rival car and barged into the gravel bed. He consequently had to retire from the race. António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) and Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) came home 19th and 23rd.
Reactions to the sixth race weekend of the 2016 DTM season.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “That is an incredible result for us today, particularly given the way the race turned out for us yesterday. Marco really produced a top performance and made his intentions very clear in qualifying. His race was equally impressive. However, Tom Blomqvist, Bruno Spengler, Augusto Farfus and Timo Glock also had great races behind him. It is a shame that the opposition performed a number of unfair manoeuvres. That cannot be allowed in the DTM. Compliments also to Maxime Martin for his fightback from the rear of the field, which saw him battle through to 17th place despite a drive-through penalty. We are obviously very happy to have regained the lead in all three championships. This result is something to celebrate.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “We are delighted with this result. After yesterday’s disappointment, we knew that we had to do everything right in the dry conditions today. We achieved that with Marco Wittmann, and responded to Saturday’s race in exactly the right way. Compliments to Marco on his outstanding drive. I feel very sorry for Timo Glock. There was no need for him to be taken out of the race.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “Congratulations to BMW on this top-four lock-out. I would like to thank BMW, my team and my drivers for a fine race. Tom Blomqvist produced a very consistent display and deserved his place on the podium. Unfortunately, the incident in qualifying prevented Maxime Martin from being able to show his full potential. Because of this, we are happy with the points haul, but not entirely happy, because we could have achieved so much more.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “That result is good for the entire team. The season has been a tough one for us so far. However, we always believed in ourselves. Bruno Spengler and Augusto Farfus showed what they are capable of today, and we provided both of them with a car with which they could compete at the front of the field. The weekend showed once again what a thin line there is between joy and misfortune in motor racing. We had no chance in the rain yesterday, then finished third and fourth in dry conditions today. Long may that continue.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “Congratulations to BMW on a fantastic result. Unfortunately, we were very unlucky in Sunday’s race. António dropped back through the field following a collision that was no fault of his own. This prevented him from scoring any points. It was generally very difficult for Martin to make any progress from the back of the grid. Generally speaking, we did not get the optimum out of our package in Moscow. We must now perform a careful analysis to determine exactly why that was, as this has been a disappointing weekend for us.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 1st place, Sat.: 19th place): “After a tough day yesterday, today’s race was much more to my liking again. I was able to secure pole position and then lead from start to finish. The fact that BMW also completed a top-four lock-out is simply awesome. I would like to dedicate this success to my race engineer, who is 35 years old today. I don’t think I could give him a much better birthday present than a DTM victory.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 2nd place, Sat.: 22nd place): “After the disappointment of yesterday, this was a fantastic result – not just for me, but above all for the team. I am delighted with my third podium finish of the season.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 3rd place, Sat.: 15th place): “It is nice to be back on the podium. We have had a tough time as a team. We had not been good enough, particularly in qualifying. We improved that today – and then produced a superb race. I am particularly pleased for my mechanics that we were finally rewarded for all our hard work with a third place. All in all, it was a great day for BMW occupying the top four positions.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 4th place, Sat.: 14th place): “I think we showed what teamwork means today. Things did not run smoothly for us on Saturday, but we learned from it and got as much out of it as possible. I had great race pace and pulled off some good overtaking manoeuvres. And our strategy came up trumps too. I stayed out quite a long time and stopped late. Fourth place in the end shows that this was exactly the right decision. The team had a good overview of what was going on in the race. That was a great example of perfect racing.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 17th place, Sat.: 6th place): “It was not my day today. First I had to start from 24th on the grid, then I received a drive-through penalty. Despite everything, I could possibly still have been looking at a top-ten finish without that penalty. I could have lived with that, but it wasn’t to be. I will now focus fully on the next two races at the Nürburgring. I have fond memories of that place.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 19th place, Sat.: 20th place): “After the difficult race on Saturday, BMW provided us with a very good package. I was able to qualify tenth and was running in the points. However, I was then hit by Jamie Green and dropped right back through the field. I did continue, despite my car being damaged, but my race was basically over after that incident.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 23rd place, Sat.: 21st place): “There is not a lot to say about my own result this weekend. I would like to congratulate BMW on this outstanding success and a great comeback after the difficult wet race on Saturday. The entire team showed great team spirit again. I am very proud to be a part of the BMW family.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: DNF place, Sat.: 11th place): “Personally, luck was not on my side here. We made a bit of a mistake with the set-up in qualifying, which meant we did not start as far forward as we possibly could have. The speed was actually really good in the race. However, Maxi Götz drove into me on the opening lap, which allowed the guys in front of me to pull clear and I dropped outside the DRS window. There was plenty going on after that, and I spent most of the time in a lot of traffic. At some point I was hit by Paul di Resta. It obviously hurts not to take any points from Moscow, but it was a fantastic result for BMW and BMW Team RMG. Congratulations to Marco and the other guys.”

BMW Power
24-08-16, 08:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er5Yodmv6Fg&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
08-09-16, 12:01
Tomczyk and Wittmann go full throttle.
Like the DTM, the Red Bull Air Race also represents unbridled power and breath-taking action.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BMW_Motorsport_RedBull_AirRace_Lausitz_2016_000895 .jpg

For the first time since 2010, the most spectacular air show in the world returned to the Lausitzring and captivated the visitors. The two BMW DTM drivers Martin Tomczyk and Marco Wittmann were part of the spectacle again this year. On Saturday and Sunday, Tomczyk in his BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM and Wittmann in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM completed two show runs. For 20 minutes on each run, Tomczyk and Wittmann smoked their tyres and fascinated the spectators with burnouts and doughnuts. Fans had the opportunity to admire the two BMW race cars up close and personal in the paddock before and after their appearances. Both Tomczyk and Wittmann also made time for several autograph sessions in addition to the show runs. The Red Bull Air Race World Championship is a series of airplane races organised by Red Bull – Premium Partner of BMW Motorsport in the DTM. The aim is to fly through a course of air gates in 350 hp propeller planes as quickly as possible while performing the specified manoeuvres correctly. The sixth of the total of eight events in the 2016 season took place at the Lausitzring.

BMW Power
08-09-16, 12:02
Enter the Ring.
Four BMW teams will be competing on a track steeped in history at the 13th and 14th races of the 2016 DTM season: for decades, the Nürburgring has been the home of racing for BMW and the DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/P90230788_highRes_moscow-ru-21th-augus.jpg.resource.1473082438201.jpg

The upcoming weekend marks the 50th occasion since 1984 that a DTM race has taken place in the Eifel region. In this period, BMW drivers have reached the podium 11 times in DTM races at the Nürburgring. In addition, there have been 19 overall wins for BMW in the legendary 24-hour race. The BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM, driven by Martin Tomczyk, will compete in a special anniversary design to commemorate this proud history, and to mark the 100th birthday of the BMW Group and the BMW brand.
Ahead of the weekend’s races, BMW is currently top of all three DTM championship standings. Marco Wittmann has 130 points in the drivers’ championship after his second win of the season in the Sunday race at the “Moscow Raceway” and is 12 points ahead of his nearest challenger, Robert Wickens (Mercedes). In the manufacturers’ championship, BMW is in first place with 436 points.
BMW Team RMG leads the team championship with 178 points. Stefan Reinhold’s team will enjoy home advantage on the 3.629-kilometre circuit. The team headquarters in Andernach are just a few kilometres from the Nürburgring. From a sporting point of view, recent performances in front of their home crowd have been very successful for BMW Team RMG. In 2014, Wittmann claimed victory in the race to take a decisive step towards his title win. He also set a lap record of 1:23.175 minutes in the race, a record which still stands today. Last year, Maxime Martin triumphed for Reinhold’s team in the Saturday race.

BMW Power
09-09-16, 15:12
http://www.dtm.com/en/news/farewell-dtm-after-16-years-martin-tomczyk-2016-09-09.html

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:33
Farewell to DTM after 16 years.
Farewell tour for one of the longest-serving DTM drivers: after 16 years, Martin Tomczyk has decided to call time on his successful career in the DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/Tomczyk_DTM-Abschied.jpg.resource.1473401446543.jpg

The fans will see the driver from BMW Team Schnitzer behind the wheel of his BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM for the last time at the Nürburgring, in Budapest and at the Hockenheimring. Tomczyk will remain a part of the BMW Motorsport family, concentrating on competition in international motorsport.
The 34-year-old can look back on a unique career in the DTM, which has been his home in sporting terms since 2001. When he made his debut on 22nd April 2001, Tomczyk was then the youngest DTM driver – and he became one of the figureheads for the best touring car series in the world. Only eight other drivers in the history of the DTM have competed in more races than the man from Rosenheim. Tomczyk celebrated his first win in Barcelona in 2006, and recorded a further six victories throughout his career. He secured the drivers’ title in 2011, his most successful DTM season. In the following year, he joined BMW Motorsport in writing a new chapter in the history of the DTM as he collected points and podium finishes for BMW Team RMG and BMW Team Schnitzer.
“It was certainly not an easy decision for me, as I have become part of the DTM over the last 16 years,” said Tomczyk. “I have seen many drivers come and go in this time. Now it is time for me to say farewell and to take on new sporting challenges with BMW. I owe a debt of gratitude to Hans-Jürgen Abt and his entire team, as I really learned how to be a professional racing driver there for ten years. Dr. Wolfgang Ulrich and Audi also gave me the support I needed to establish myself in motorsport. Ernst Moser and Team Phoenix Racing were the key to my DTM title success in 2011. That was clearly the highlight of my career to date.”
Tomczyk continued: “In 2012, I moved on to pastures new in the DTM with BMW. The work involved in its return to competition was a particularly tempting challenge for me. Being able to celebrate a DTM title win together in the first year was also a great moment. I think that I have continued to develop as a racing driver in recent years, and after 16 years in this series I have been thinking: is the DTM still right for me? Can I continue to record results there that match my expectations? I also enjoy GT racing and have had regular opportunities to compete there over the years. It has become a lot more professional and will continue to do so. I believe that I can continue to develop as a driver, and increase my involvement. That is why I made this decision and then told Jens Marquardt about it. I am delighted to be continuing to work with BMW as we approach new motorsport projects together.“
“It is very difficult to conceive of a DTM season without Martin Tomczyk,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Martin has defined this series like no other driver in its history. When he joined BMW for our DTM comeback in 2012, his unbelievable experience really helped to push the project forward. Martin has grown very close to the BMW family and has become a brand ambassador. His easy-going manner – coupled with absolute professionalism – means that he is a popular figure. I am very happy that he will be staying with us in the long term, to become an important part of our future motorsport programme. However, one thing cannot be denied: the DTM fans will miss Martin Tomczyk.”
Tomczyk will contest the third-from-last race weekend of his DTM career at the Nürburgring with a special livery on his car. The BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM will take to the track sporting a special anniversary look to mark the centenary of the BMW Group.

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:34
BMW one-two at the Nürburgring.
Pole sitter Marco Wittmann won Saturday’s race at the Nürburgring in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. In doing so, he presented BMW Team RMG with a home win.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/NBR_Race1.jpg.resource.1473519024629.jpg

Wittmann’s third win of the season saw him extend his lead at the top of the DTM Drivers’ Championship. He now has 155 points to his name, giving the 2014 champion a 35-point lead over Robert Wickens (Mercedes). Tom Blomqvist also produced an impressive display at the wheel of the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM and came home second behind Wittmann to complete the 19th one-two for BMW in the DTM. Victory on the DTM’s 50th appearance at the Nürburgring means BMW has now amassed 73 wins in this series.
As well as Wittmann and Blomqvist, Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) and Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) also scored valuable points, coming home fifth and eighth. Their fine results contributed to BMW maintaining its lead in the Manufacturers’ Championship. In the team competition, BMW Team RMG continue to top the standings, courtesy of Wittmann’s victory.
Bruno Spengler also drove an excellent race in the BMW Bank M4 DTM, but was forced to take a drive-through penalty following a collision with Daniel Juncadella (Mercedes). He consequently dropped out of the points and ultimately finished 18th. Martin Tomczyk, at the wheel of the BMW M Performance Parts BMW M4 DTM sporting a special anniversary design to mark the centenary of the BMW Group, came home 16th. António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) and Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) finished 20th and 22nd.

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:35
Reactions to the 13th DTM race.
Marco Wittmann and Tom Blomqvist claimed the second one-two of the DTM season for BMW Motorsport in Saturday’s race at the Nürburgring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/NBR_Reactions1.jpg.resource.1473522550951.jpg

Timo Glock and Maxime Martin finished fifth and eighth to score valuable points. BMW was able to extend its lead in all three competitions on the back of this fine team result. Wittmann tops the Drivers’ Championship, while BMW Team RMG leads the team competition and BMW the Manufacturers’ Championship.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “We were once again treated to ‘Mega Marco’ today. He claimed the home win for BMW Team RMG in dominant fashion, thanks to a top-class performance – and on the 50th appearance of the DTM in the Eifel Mountains. Tom Blomqvist also did a fantastic job. He was under pressure for the entire race, and pushed himself to the limit right to the finish. Timo Glock and Maxime Martin also scored a lot of valuable points for their teams. It is a shame that Bruno Spengler was given a drive-through penalty while running sixth. He spotted his chance against Daniel Juncadella, but then made contact. The penalty was justified. Martin Tomczyk could also have finished in the points, but unfortunately he was forced off the track. All in all, however, it was a virtually perfect day for us. We witnessed some fantastic touring car racing. We are now focussed on tomorrow, when there are more important points up for grabs.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 1st place): “That was a mega race. I am absolutely delighted with the win – not only for me, but also for my team, which has won at its home event for the third year in a row. I had a very good start and was able to defend my lead in the first corner. After that, I just tried to open a gap ahead of Tom Blomqvist and keep my rhythm. After the guys behind me were involved in a few battles, I had a comfortable lead. All I had to do then was bring it home.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 2nd place): “I am very happy with this result. We had a few problems in practice yesterday and today. However, BMW Team RBM got to grips with this magnificently by the time qualifying came around. The race was very tough with some close battles. I had to fend off a number of attacks. I managed that, and am very happy with the podium and the 18 points.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, 5th place): “The start was not actually the best, but the speed was good after that. I was able to pass Lucas Auer, although I did do a bit of damage to the front-right tyre in the process. Despite this, the pace was still okay. I am happy to be back in the points. I am obviously delighted for BMW Team RMG and the entire team with Marco Wittmann’s win and our good overall result. Marco is doing everything right at the moment, and thoroughly deserved his win.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, 8th place): “I am not entirely happy with the result. I had a very good start, but was then stuck in the pack and lost a few places. I was able to regain these on the track, which was good, but four points is not the haul I was hoping for. Congratulations to Marco and my team-mate Tom on his podium.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, 16th place): “Firstly, congratulations to Marco, Tom and BMW on this outstanding result. I actually had a good race too and was running 11th when I came off the racing line and damaged the car in a hard but fair battle with Mattias Ekström. After that, I was fighting a losing battle.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, 18th place): “My start was good. I made up some places and was able to go with Daniel Juncadella. The pace was generally okay up to the middle of the race. Unfortunately, I then saw a gap and tried to overtake Juncadella. The wheels locked up and I really tried to stay on my line. Unfortunately, the front axle got away from me a little and I made slight contact with him. There was absolutely no intent and I have apologised to him. The penalty was harsh, but you have to accept it and focus on tomorrow.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, 20th place): “That was a really bad race for me, personally. Even in qualifying I was unable to improve on the second set of tyres, which meant I had to start from right at the back of the grid. In the race the pace was not good enough to make any progress. That has often been our problem. I am obviously very pleased for the other BMW guys at the front of the field. However, I hope things pan out better for us again tomorrow.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, 22nd place): “Unfortunately, that was a really tough day for me. We just did not find the set-up to allow us to compete at the front. We must improve that for tomorrow, then things will hopefully work out better.”

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:36
BMW claims the 250th podium finish.
BMW reached a milestone in race 14 of the 2016 DTM season: Marco Wittmann finished third on Sunday to claim the 250th podium for BMW in the history of the DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/NBR_Race2.jpg.resource.1473607862157.jpg

The 15 points he received for finishing third were sufficient for Wittmann to maintain his lead in the Drivers’ Championship. With four races remaining, he now has 170 points to his name and a 33-point lead over Edoardo Mortara (Audi), who won Sunday’s race.
Bruno Spengler started from third on the grid, having achieved his best qualifying result of the year, and eventually crossed the finish line in sixth in the BMW Bank M4 DTM after a number of fierce battles. Tom Blomqvist also finished in the points, coming home eighth in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM. Because of this, BMW remains in first place in the Manufacturers’ Championship with 520 points. BMW Team RMG continues to lead the team competition, now with 228 points.
Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) narrowly missed out on the points in 11th. Starting from 19th after a technical issue in qualifying, he produced an impressive fightback in the race – as did Martin Tomczyk, who finished 13th in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. Timo Glock spun in the first corner following a collision that was no fault of his own. He dropped to the back of the field, but was able to fight his way back to 15th.
Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) was clearly on course for a points finish after an excellent qualifying performance, but was then handed a ten-second stop-and-go penalty for an “unsafe release” during his pit stop. He consequently had to settle for 21st. António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) crossed the finish line just ahead of him in 20th.

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:36
Reactions to the seventh DTM race weekend.
A win and a third place: that was the successful haul of podium finishes for BMW Motorsport at the DTM race weekend at the Nürburgring.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/NBR_Reactions2.jpg.resource.1473613630706.jpg

BMW also leads all three competitions after races 13 and 14 of the season. Marco Wittmann is top of the Drivers’ Championship after his win on Saturday and third place in Sunday’s race. BMW Team RMG leads the team competition going into the final two race weekends in Budapest and Hockenheim. Meanwhile, BMW also occupies top spot in the Manufacturers’ Championship.
Tom Blomqvist came home second on Saturday to complete the 19th one-two for BMW in the DTM. Third place for Wittmann on Sunday was the 250th podium for BMW in the history of the DTM. In total, 72,500 spectators watched the two exciting races.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “As expected, it was a tough race. However, you could see that Marco Wittmann can also keep his nerve when the going gets tough. He drove an extremely intelligent race, used the pace he had and claimed the third spot on the podium. This was the 250th podium finish for BMW in the DTM – that makes this result another very special one. As well as Marco, we also had another two cars in the top ten. This was not easy, given the weight we had on board today. However, we saw a great race with good manoeuvres. There were also a few unnecessary incidents, but I guess that is part and parcel of motor racing. All in all, the weekend went very well for us. Marco tightened his grip on the lead in the Drivers’ Championship thanks to his win and third place. We are now looking forward to an exciting finale. I think we leave the Nürburgring with a very positive result and can start preparing for Budapest.”
Maxime Martin was subsequently promoted from 11th to tenth place after Sunday’s race, meaning Marco Wittmann was joined in the top ten by a further three BMW drivers.
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “It was an absolute dream weekend for our team. Victory for Marco and Timo’s fifth place yesterday was the perfect start to our home event. You could not wish for more. The team did a superb job and everyone was extremely focussed, although we had an awful lot going on here. We may not have had the fastest car today, but Marco produced another superb race to finish third. Timo could also have been in the points again, but unfortunately he was spun in the very first corner. That was frustrating. All in all, however, we can be satisfied. I would like to thank BMW and the many fans who supported us. It is always fantastic to be here at the Ring.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “Yesterday we claimed our sixth podium of the season with Tom. That was impressive. Maxime also finished in the points. Tom then had another good qualifying on Sunday. However, he was then hit from the side in the middle of the race, after which the performance of his car was hampered. Despite this, he still finished eighth to score a few points for BMW. Unfortunately, Maxime had a technical issue in qualifying and could only start from 19th. He gave it everything in the race and worked his way up to 11th. To make up eight positions in the DTM is quite some achievement. Unfortunately, however, you do not score any points for finishing 11th. On the whole, it was a very good weekend for BMW. Congratulations to Marco, who had two sensational races – our focus now turns to the Hungaroring.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “I have mixed feelings about this weekend. It was a good weekend for BMW and Marco with regard to the championship. We also bounced back well as a team on Sunday, as far as the qualifying result is concerned. Bruno, at least, was able to show what was possible in the race. It was a tough race, but he battled hard and well. As far as Augusto is concerned, we unfortunately paid the price for taking too much of a risk during the pit stop.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “Unfortunately, we once again failed to perform as we had hoped to at the Nürburgring. Starting from the back of the field made life difficult for our drivers in the races. To make matters worse, António was involved in a number of incidents on Sunday and was spun. Martin had another good race and made up some positions. However, his car was unfortunately damaged in a collision in the pit lane, when he was hit by another car. Congratulations to Marco and BMW Team RMG, who produced another awesome display here at their home event.”
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 3rd place, Sat.: 1st place): “We made it onto the podium again, even though it was very close with Mattias Ekström at the end. Therefore, I am happy with today – and proud to have claimed a milestone podium for BMW in the DTM. Lucas Auer had a very good start and I could not find a way past him without taking too many risks. Our pace was good, but we were at a bit of a disadvantage after our pit stop. The opposition had left a few drivers out to hold up the leading group. That allowed Edoardo Mortara to work his way through to the front and possibly cost me second place. Despite this, it was a good weekend for me. I won yesterday, and finished third to claim a spot on the podium today. That is a great result for me and for BMW Team RMG.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 18th place): “It was an exciting race. The other teams were a bit stronger than us over the whole distance, but we still finished in the points, which was a good result. My guys did a great job again in the pit stop. Overall, this was a positive weekend and we improved once again. But, as we prepare for the next races, it is important for us to analyse why we weren’t fast enough over the whole distance.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 8th place, Sat.: 2nd place): “It was a tough race and a lot more difficult than yesterday. I didn’t start particularly well and I lost a few places in the first corners. Also the pace of the car was not quite right. I had one or two duels as well - so it was anything but an easy race. We will have a look to see why we were slower than yesterday. Overall, it was a good weekend. I am happy with getting 18 points for my second place, as well as four more points today.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 10th place, Sat.: 8th place): “Unfortunately I had a gearbox problem in qualifying today. It meant that I could not attack as I had hoped. I only drove for the first run and was in sixth place. After that, everyone else improved and I slipped back to 19th position. In the race, I had to avoid Timo after he had a spin. Then I made it as high as 11th. At least we got one point thanks to the penalty for Molina.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 12th place, Sat.: 16th place): “It was an exhausting race. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough pace to allow us to really attack. That improved with the second set of tyres and I was able to get closer to Maxime and to Robert Wickens, and then overtake them. But it was a difficult drive today, and we got the maximum out of it. It is important for us to have made progress over the weekend. Overall, it was another sensational weekend for BMW and Marco.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 14th place, Sat.: 5th place): “I had a really good start, but I got spun on the first corner. I had to continue in last place and did all I could to make the best of it. The front splitter was damaged, which meant I couldn’t really attack. I did manage to make up a few places nonetheless. We now have to analyse why we were fast in qualifying today, but weren’t afterwards. Congratulations to BMW and Marco, who had a very good weekend and extended their overall lead.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 19th place, Sat.: 20th place): “Unfortunately, we did not manage to get back on the right track today after yesterday’s disappointment. We will now pull together as a team and work hard. Today’s race was actually going pretty well until I was spun shortly before my pit stop. My race was basically over after that.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 21st place, Sat.: 22nd place): “It never rains, it pours. That was a tough weekend. We did not have a good set-up on the car yesterday. Today was far better, but then we received the penalty. Our qualifying pace was encouraging. Our goal has to be to start the weekend with a better base. Then we can challenge for better results.”
Marco Wittmann liegt nach seinem Sieg am Samstag und Platz drei am Sonntag auf Rang eins in der Fahrerwertung. Das BMW Team RMG geht als Führender in der Teamwertung in die beiden abschließenden Rennwochenenden in Budapest und Hockenheim. Zudem liegt BMW in der Herstellerwertung auf dem Spitzenplatz.
Am Samstag machte Tom Blomqvist mit Rang zwei den 19. Doppelsieg für BMW in der DTM perfekt. Position drei von Wittmann am Sonntag war der 250. Podestplatz für BMW in der DTM-Geschichte. Insgesamt 72.500 Zuschauer verfolgten die beiden spannenden Rennen.
Lesen Sie hier, was BMW Motorsport Direktor Jens Marquardt, die vier Teamchefs und die acht BMW DTM-Fahrer nach dem siebten Rennwochenende zu sagen hatten.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Direktor): „Es war wie erwartet ein hartes Rennen, doch man hat gesehen, dass Marco Wittmann auch dann die Nerven bewahrt, wenn es hart wird. Er ist ein äußerst kluges Rennen gefahren, hat den verfügbaren Speed genutzt und den dritten Platz auf dem Podium geholt. Es war der 250. Podiumsplatz von BMW in der DTM – das macht dieses Resultat noch einmal zu etwas Besonderem. Neben Marco hatten wir noch zwei weitere Autos in den Top-10. Mit dem Gewicht, das wir heute an Bord hatten, war es nicht einfach. Doch wir haben ein tolles Rennen mit guten Manövern gesehen. Es gab es auch ein paar Sachen, die nicht sein mussten, aber das gehört wohl dazu. Insgesamt ist das Wochenende sehr gut für uns verlaufen. Marco hat mit einem Sieg und einem dritten Platz die Führung in der Fahrerwertung gefestigt, nun freuen wir uns auf einen spannenden Endspurt. Ich denke, dass wir mit einem sehr positiven Resultat vom Nürburgring nach Hause fahren und uns auf Budapest vorbereiten können.“
Nachträglich rückte Maxime Martin im Klassement des Sonntagsrennens noch vom elften auf den zehnten Platz nach vorn, so dass neben Marco Wittmann insgesamt drei BMW Piloten in die Top-10 kamen.
Stefan Reinhold (Teamchef, BMW Team RMG): „Es war ein absolutes Traum-Wochenende für unser Team. Mit Marcos Sieg und Timos fünftem Platz gestern hatten wir den perfekten Start in unser Heimspiel. Mehr kann man sich nicht erhoffen. Das Team hat super gearbeitet, alle sind hochkonzentriert zu Werke gegangen, obwohl hier um uns herum richtig viel los war. Heute hatten wir vielleicht nicht das schnellste Auto, aber Marco hat erneut ein super Rennen gezeigt und ist Dritter geworden. Auch für Timo wären wieder Punkte drin gewesen, doch leider wurde er gleich in der ersten Kurve umgedreht. Das war ärgerlich, doch alles in allem können wir zufrieden sein. Ich möchte mich bei BMW bedanken und bei den vielen Fans, die uns unterstützt haben. Hier am Ring zu sein, ist immer großartig.“
Bart Mampaey (Teamchef, BMW Team RBM): „Gestern haben wir mit Tom unser sechstes Podium der Saison geholt, das war stark. Maxime konnte ebenfalls Punkte holen. Am Sonntag hatte Tom dann erneut ein gutes Qualifying, doch gegen Mitte des Rennens wurde er an der Seite getroffen, und danach war die Performance des Autos beeinträchtigt. Dennoch konnte er als Achter noch ein paar Punkte für BMW holen. Maxime hatte im Qualifying leider ein technisches Problem und stand nur auf Startplatz 19. Er hat im Rennen alles gegeben und ist noch bis auf den elften Platz nach vorn gefahren. Acht Positionen gutzumachen, ist in der DTM eine Menge, aber leider gab es dafür keine Punkte. Insgesamt war es ein sehr gutes Wochenende für BMW. Gratulation an Marco, der zwei sensationelle Rennen gezeigt hat – und nun gilt unsere Konzentration dem Hungaroring.“
Ernest Knoors (Teamchef, BMW Team MTEK): „Mein Fazit zu diesem Wochenende fällt gemischt aus. Für BMW und für Marco war es im Hinblick auf die Meisterschaft ein gutes Wochenende. Wir als Team haben uns am Sonntag ebenfalls gut zurückgemeldet, was das Ergebnis im Qualifying angeht. Im Rennen konnte zumindest Bruno zeigen, was geht. Es war ein schwieriges Rennen, aber er hat gut und hart gekämpft. Bei Augusto haben wir leider beim Boxenstopp etwas zu viel riskiert und den Preis dafür bezahlt.“
Charly Lamm (Teamchef, BMW Team Schnitzer): „Leider haben wir uns am Nürburgring erneut nicht so präsentiert, wie wir es uns vorgenommen hatten. Die Startplätze im hinteren Feld haben es unseren Fahrern in den Rennen schwer gemacht. António war am Sonntag zudem noch in Zwischenfälle verwickelt und wurde umgedreht. Martin hat wieder ein starkes Rennen gezeigt und Positionen gutgemacht. Doch leider wurde sein Auto bei einer Kollision in der Boxengasse, als er von einem anderen Fahrzeug getroffen wurde, beschädigt. Gratulation an Marco und das BMW Team RMG, die hier beim Heimspiel in der Eifel wieder eine sensationelle Leistung gezeigt haben.“
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, So.: 3. Platz, Sa.: 1. Platz): „Wir konnten erneut auf das Podium fahren, auch wenn es am Ende mit Mattias Ekström noch einmal sehr eng wurde. Deshalb bin ich zufrieden mit dem heutigen Tag – und stolz, das Jubiläums-Podium für BMW in der DTM eingefahren zu haben. Lucas Auer hatte einen sehr guten Start, und ich hätte keinen Weg an ihm vorbei gefunden, ohne zu große Risiken einzugehen. Unsere Pace war gut, aber nach unserem Boxenstopp waren wir etwas im Nachteil. Die Konkurrenz hatte ein paar Fahrer draußen gelassen hatte, um die Spitzengruppe aufzuhalten. Dadurch gelang es Edoardo Mortara, nach vorne zu kommen, und mich hat es möglicherweise den zweiten Platz gekostet. Dennoch war es ein gutes Wochenende für mich. Gestern gewonnen, heute Platz drei auf dem Treppchen: Das ist ein tolles Ergebnis für mich und für das BMW Team RMG.“
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, So.: 6. Platz, Sa.: 18. Platz): „Es war ein spannendes Rennen. Über die Distanz war die Konkurrenz heute etwas stärker als wir, doch wir haben trotzdem ein gutes Ergebnis in den Punkten geholt. Meine Jungs haben beim Boxenstopp wieder einen tollen Job gemacht. Meine Wochenendbilanz fällt positiv aus, wir haben uns weiter gesteigert. Aber in der Vorbereitung auf die nächsten Rennen ist wichtig, dass wir nun analysieren, warum wir über die Distanz nicht schnell genug waren.“
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, So.: 8. Platz, Sa.: 2. Platz): „Es war ein hartes Rennen, wesentlich schwieriger als gestern. Mein Start war nicht besonders gut, und ich habe in der ersten Kurve einige Positionen eingebüßt. Zudem hat die Pace des Autos im Rennen nicht ganz gepasst. Ich hatte dann auch noch das eine oder andere Duell – es war also alles andere als ein einfaches Rennen. Wir werden uns anschauen, warum wir heute nicht so schnell waren wie gestern. Insgesamt war es ein gutes Wochenende. Mit Platz zwei und 18 Punkten gestern sowie vier weiteren Punkten heute kann ich zufrieden sein.“
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, So.: 10. Platz, Sa.: 8. Platz): „Leider hatte ich heute im Qualifying ein Getriebe-Problem. Deshalb konnte ich nicht so angreifen, wie ich mir das vorgenommen hatte. Ich bin nur den ersten Run gefahren, danach war ich Sechster. Anschließend haben sich alle noch einmal verbessert, und ich rutschte bis auf den 19. Platz zurück. Im Rennen musste ich zunächst Timo ausweichen, der umgedreht worden war. Dann ich habe mich aber bis auf den elften Platz zurückgekämpft. Am Ende gab es durch die Bestrafung von Molina zumindest noch einen Punkt.“
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, So.: 12. Platz, Sa.: 16. Platz): „Es war ein anstrengendes Rennen. Unsere Pace war leider nicht so gut, als dass wir richtig hätten attackieren können. Mit dem zweiten Reifensatz war es dann besser, und ich konnte mich langsam an Maxime und an Robert Wickens, den ich dann noch überholt habe, heranarbeiten. Doch es war heute sehr schwierig zu fahren, und wir haben das Maximum herausgeholt. Wichtig ist, dass wir über das Wochenende Fortschritte gemacht haben. Insgesamt war es wieder ein sensationelles Wochenende für BMW und Marco.“
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, So.: 14. Platz, Sa.: 5. Platz): „Mein Start war recht gut, aber in der ersten Kurve wurde ich dann umgedreht. Ich musste als Letzter weiterfahren und habe alles versucht, das Beste daraus zu machen. Der Frontsplitter war beschädigt, so kann man nicht mehr richtig attackieren. Dennoch ist es mir gelungen, noch ein paar Plätze gutzumachen. Wir müssen nun analysieren, warum wir heute im Qualifying zunächst schnell waren und dann nicht mehr. Glückwunsch an BMW und an Marco, der hier ein sehr gutes Wochenende abgeliefert und die Gesamtführung ausgebaut hat.“
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, So.: 19. Platz, Sa.: 20. Platz): „Leider ist es uns nicht gelungen, von gestern auf heute den richtigen Weg einzuschlagen. Wir werden uns jetzt als Team zusammensetzen und hart arbeiten. Im heutigen Rennen lief es eigentlich ganz gut, doch kurz vor meinem Boxenstopp wurde ich umgedreht. Damit war das Rennen für mich gelaufen.“
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, So.: 21. Platz, Sa.: 22. Platz): „Wenn es nicht läuft, dann läuft es nicht. Es war ein schwieriges Wochenende. Gestern hatten wir keine gute Balance im Auto. Heute war es wesentlich besser, aber dann haben wir die Strafe bekommen. Unsere Qualifying-Pace war ermutigend. Unser Ziel muss lauten, mit einer besseren Basis in das Wochenende zu starten. Dann können wir auch um bessere Resultate kämpfen.“

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:37
The BMW M4 DTM race taxi on the Nordschleife.
After the DTM weekend at the Nürburgring, BMW works driver Augusto Farfus drove the Shell BMW M4 DTM race taxi at the legendary Nordschleife on Monday.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/DTM_Farfus_BMWM4DTM_Renntaxi_Nordschleife.jpg.reso urce.1473710209291.jpg

This unique fan promotion from Shell, Premium Technology Partner of BMW Motorsport, was made possible by special conversion work on the car. The Shell BMW M4 DTM race taxi was adjusted for the specific track conditions on the Nordschleife.
The lucky winners of the Shell prize draw occupied the passenger seat next to Farfus, to experience iconic track sections such as “Brünnchen”, “Hohe Acht” or “Fuchsröhre” from the cockpit perspective. The commentator for this event was Matthias Malmedie, best known from “Grip – Das Motormagazin” on the TV station RTL II.
The Nordschleife is far from being unknown territory for Farfus. The Brazilian has already started numerous 24-hour races in the Eifel region. In 2010, he won the classic endurance race: together with Jörg Müller, Pedro Lamy and Uwe Alzen, he drove the BMW M3 GT2 to victory. “The event was great fun,” said Farfus after completing his laps. “Everyone knows that I love the Nordschleife. Our win at the 24-hour race in 2010 is one of the absolute highlights of my career. It was great to be able to go out onto the circuit with the Shell BMW M4 DTM race taxi - and I think my passenger enjoyed it too. Thanks to Shell and BMW Motorsport for this unique event.”
The Nordschleife is the longest permanent race track in the world. Ten DTM races took place there between 1988 and 1993. No DTM races have been contested at the Nordschleife since 2nd May 1993. BMW has claimed 12 DTM wins at the Nürburgring so far, more than at any other circuit. However, they only recorded one win on the Nordschleife. Jacques Laffite remains the only driver in DTM history to have won a race on the Nordschleife for BMW. On 16th June 1990, he crossed the line in first place after four laps on the then 25.3-kilometre circuit, in the BMW M3. At that time, the DTM race took place together with the 24-hour race.

BMW Power
13-09-16, 12:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksh9PoA1XKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv48CAhsrjI

BMW Power
22-09-16, 07:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IhIyQu3kWk&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:30
BMW sports family meets up at the Oktoberfest.
At the 183rd staging of Munich's Oktoberfest, BMW once again invited its sports ambassadors and many prominent athletes from various disciplines to the traditional “BMW Wiesn Sport-Stammtisch” at the largest and most famous fair in the world.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/Wiesn_2016.jpg.resource.1474382921596.jpg

For the seventh time, the winter sports, outdoor sports and motorsport stars met in the cosy atmosphere of the “Käfer Wiesn tavern” to discuss the sporting events of 2016 and the upcoming winter sports season. Before that, the sports personalities took an entertaining tour of the fairground – stopping off at the traditional “Münchner Rutschn” (the Munich slide), the bumper cars and the test-your-strength machine.
The guests included former world class biathlete Magdalena Neuner, who was revealed as the BMW Brand Ambassador last week. In addition to Magdalena, many other highly decorated sports personalities didn't want to miss out on a trip to the Oktoberfest.

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:31
Marco Wittmann took valuable points.
Marco Wittmann (Red Bull BMW M4 DTM) remains a model of consistency in the current DTM season.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BUD_Rennen1.jpg.resource.1474728991255.jpg

Despite difficult conditions, he came home seventh to finish in the points again in race 15 of the season at the Hungaroring. The six points gained in Hungary mean Wittmann continues to lead the Drivers’ Championship with 176 points. His lead over Edoardo Mortara (Audi), who won Saturday’s race, is now 14 points. BMW Team RMG and BMW are now second in the Team and Manufacturers’ competitions.

The remaining BMW drivers finished outside the points. Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM), Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM), Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM), Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM), António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) and Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) were 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 17th and 20th.

Martin Tomczyk (BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) made a promising start to his fourth-from-last DTM race, but spun after a collision on the opening lap and dropped well down the field.

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:32
Reactions to the 15th DTM race 2016.
Marco Wittmann defended his lead in the DTM Drivers’ Championship with seventh place in Saturday’s race at the Hungaroring. The remaining BMW drivers finished outside the top ten on what proved to be a tough race day.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BUD_Reaktionen1.jpg.resource.1474729715825.jpg

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “As we had to expect after qualifying, that was hard work. With so many Audis out in front, it is difficult to make your way to the very front of the field. Marco made a great start and spotted the gap in turn one, although Mattias Ekström did not make his life easy. He then defended his seventh place with everything he had. Unfortunately, the race was very static, which is a shame for the fans. We must improve in qualifying tomorrow to end the race further in front.”

Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, 7th place): “Seventh place was the most we could manage today. I had a very good start, but a particularly awesome first corner. I mustered all my courage and braked late. That allowed me to overtake two Audis in one go. We did not stand a chance against the Audi dominance today, but six points are very valuable. Let’s see how we get on tomorrow.”

Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, 12th place): “There is not a lot I can say about today. It was not a good race. We did not have any major problems, but we simply did not have the pace. We must try to do better tomorrow and start from further up the grid. However, it seems as though Audi is very strong here, so we will just have to wait and see how tomorrow pans out.”

Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, 13th place): “My start was okay. I had a few contacts on the first lap, was forced very wide in turn two and was then pushed off the track in turn 12. Therefore, it was a tough opening lap and I lost a few positions. The rest of the race was not easy either. We did not have the pace we needed, and must do better tomorrow.”

Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, 14th place): “It was obviously difficult to do anything from 13th on the grid. Plus, my opening lap was far from good and I lost two or three positions. The positive thing is that the car gradually felt better over the course of the day, even though that was not reflected in my 14th place. It is difficult to break the Audi dominance here at the Hungaroring. However, I am pleased that Marco managed to score more valuable points in the title race.”

Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, 15th place): “We did not perform as hoped in qualifying. The balance of my car was not ideal. The race was a bit better. I had a very good start and was able to gain a few places. Ultimately, however, there is not a lot you can do from 21st on the grid. We have to do our homework and learn our lessons, in order to do better than 15th tomorrow.”

António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, 17th place): “We were relegated five places on the grid today, which is why we only used one set of tyres in qualifying. Because of this, we made certain compromises this morning, in order to have a better Sunday tomorrow. It is always tough to start a race from so far down the field, but it was fun. I had a few great battles out there and brought the car home in one piece.”

Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, 20th place): “The track does not really seem to suit our car, and we started from so far down the field that a good result was simply not possible. However, I have to say that the car did not feel that bad in the race. Therefore, I am not feeling too negative. This is obviously not the result we were aiming for, but the race did help us gain experience. We will now try to put what we learned into practice, and put on a better display tomorrow.”

Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, 22nd place): “The most important thing is that Marco managed to limit the damage in the title battle in today’s race. He once again made the most of what was a difficult situation for us. He could not have done any better than seventh place. The race was far from ideal for me. On the whole, none of us produced the kind of performance we expect from ourselves.”

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:32
Wittmann finishes fourth and extends overall lead.
Marco Wittmann can approach the DTM season finale in three weeks’ time at Hockenheim with a 26-point lead in the drivers’ championship.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BUD_Rennen2.jpg.resource.1474816180143.jpg

He drove his Red Bull BMW M4 DTM to fourth place in Sunday’s race at the Hungaroring, extending his lead over Edoardo Mortara (Audi), who scored no points in the 16th race of the year and remains in second place overall. Wittmann now has a total of 188 points.
Wittmann started well from third place and overtook the Audi drivers Mortara and Jamie Green on the outside. Wittmann then just avoided spinning out when the three cars collided. He was able to get his car back under control. While Green retired and Mortara had to make an early pit stop, the BMW Team RMG driver was able to continue, finishing in fourth. Victory went to Mattias Ekström (Audi).
Four other BMW drivers finished in the points behind Wittmann in the third from last race of the year. António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) finished in fifth, Tom Blomqvist (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM) in sixth, Timo Glock (DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) in seventh and Maxime Martin (SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) in ninth.
Martin Tomczyk claimed 11th place in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM, just missing out on a top ten finish. Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) finished 14th, Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) retired early.

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:33
Reactions to the eighth race weekend 2016.
Marco Wittmann claimed at the Hungaroring 18 hard-fought points by finishing in seventh and in fourth place. He now has a lead of 26 points to take to the DTM season finale.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BUD_Reaktionen2.jpg.resource.1474818167458.jpg

Wittmann was the only BMW driver to finish in the top ten on Saturday, but four of his brand team-mates also scored points on Sunday. Two days after announcing his departure from the DTM at the end of the season, António Félix da Costa finished in fifth position. Tom Blomqvist claimed sixth place ahead of Timo Glock. Maxime Martin scored two points with a ninth-place finish.

Here you can read what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the eighth race weekend.

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “We had to work hard for that today. After a start like that, we should be pleased with five BMW drivers in the top ten. It could easily have gone wrong today. Marco dealt very well with that situation at the start and then made it home in fourth. I am very proud of him and his performance. Marco's car was damaged a little bit, which meant he couldn't maintain the same speed as the leaders. Overall, our performance today wasn't bad. Today, we made up a bit for yesterday and we can look back at Budapest with a bit more satisfaction. Marco has moved in the right direction again in the drivers’ standings. We have to continue this trend in Hockenheim and approach the two final races with total concentration. The situation is still really tight in the DTM.”

Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “That was a very emotional weekend for us. The second race was pretty nerve-racking. We never gave up and never stopped fighting, regardless of how strong the competition was. My team always gave 100 percent and produced some great pit stops. We were rewarded for that. Timo did a great job and collected some valuable points for the manufacturers’ championship by finishing seventh. Marco is currently the best driver in the field. It’s Hockenheim up next. It’s going to be a dramatic finale.”

Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “Sunday was a bright spot and means that the weekend was positive overall for us. António was relegated a few places on the grid on Saturday, which meant he really couldn’t do much in the race. Qualifying was good today and the race strategy was perfect too. Thanks are due to our engineers as well. We collected some valuable points. Martin was going well too. He was in touching distance of the points, but he lost some time in the pack. He battled hard and did enough to deserve a point.”

Bert Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “Yesterday was difficult for us due to the weight situation and we could not really compete with Audi. Things went a bit better today. We got both cars to good positions in qualifying - and we were then able to defend these places in the race. We are satisfied with the overall result today.”

Ernst Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “We had a difficult weekend. That was the case for BMW in general, and specifically for our team as well. We found some good tactics for Augusto in the second race. He started really well, but then his car got damaged by something that broke the radiator. His race was over. We achieved all we could with Bruno. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to finish in the points. We will start again in Hockenheim.”

Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 4th place, Sat.: 7th place): “I had a very good start, whereas Edo didn’t. His wheels were spinning. I had all the momentum. I went over to his side of the track. I think he wanted to block Eki first and he pushed me over onto the grass - although I was already alongside him. There was contact, and I had to drive across the grass. There was contact again when I came back. In my opinion, it was caused by Edo’s mistake at the start. And obviously I won't just back down. The 12 points are important to help us progress. We couldn't have improved on finishing in seventh and fourth this weekend. The competition from Audi was extremely strong. So these points are even more important.”

António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 5th place, Sat.: 16th place): “Our strategy worked well today. We were determined to improve on yesterday’s performance and have a better Sunday. And that is just what we did. Our qualifying was average, but our tactics for the race were really good. Thanks to BMW Team Schnitzer. We reacted well to Saturday today and achieved a really good result overall with five BMWs in the top ten.”

Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 22nd place): “The race result was okay - but it was anything but easy. After the confusion at the start, I just wanted to stay out of trouble. I managed to do that. Making an early pit stop was also the right decision. Overall, we can be pleased with the result. It was a good afternoon for BMW.”

Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 7th place, Sat.: 13th place): “My start, the first lap, and my race speed were all very good. I was pretty fast on fresh tyres after the pit stop and I was able to close up on my BMW team-mates. I am really happy with the race and the result. It is fantastic to finish in the points after starting from 15th. Marco is now ideally placed for the finale in Hockenheim.”

Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 9th place, Sat.: 12th place): “Starting from sixth place and finishing in P9 is a bit disappointing. However, it was a good race overall for BMW. Compared to yesterday, we made major improvements. We now have to prepare as well as we can for Hockenheim and be stronger there.”

Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 11th place, Sat.: 23rd place): “Another hard day, another tough battle - but 11th place and no points once again. Nonetheless, it was a good race. The performance of the BMW improved markedly compared to yesterday. Marco was really lucky at the start and, by the end, we had taken important steps towards to the title. That was our goal.”

Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 14th place, Sat.: 14th place): “Our problem was qualifying, on Saturday and on Sunday. We didn’t manage to fix the problem and get a fast car in qualifying. So we didn’t have a chance in the race. Marco holding on to fourth place really helps the battle for the title. We now have to get a good result in Hockenheim to get the decisive points for the manufacturers’ championship.”

Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: retired, Sat.: 19th place): “I had a normal start but then I saw some debris flying around. Something hit the radiator and then we sprang a leak. We just didn’t have the luck, once again. It always seems to go the same way: We start well on Fridays, but we don’t always manage to make the right changes for Saturday. On Sunday, we are going in the right direction again. The race set-up today was good again, but the right performance comes just a bit too late. Now we are off to Hockenheim. Things went well for me there at the start of the year. I hope that I can round the season off with a successful performance.”

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:33
Wittmann excluded, but keeps fighting spirit.
After Sunday’s DTM race at the Hungaroring, following a report from the technical delegate, the stewards of the meeting concluded that the underfloor of Marco Wittmann’s car did not comply with the technical regulations.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/Webnews.jpg.resource.1474841680229.jpg

From BMW Motorsport’s angle, the exclusion that followed is not justified, so we decided to appeal against Marco’s exclusion and to let the court of appeal examine the case.
Wittmann said: "I cannot say much about this, but will just wait for the final outcome. Obviously I’m hugely disappointed to be excluded after a tough race with a damaged, slow car. But I can tell you: I will fight hard in Hockenheim, in any case.“
In the provisional race results, António Félix da Costa is now the best-placed BMW driver in third.

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:34
First BMW for the next generation.
Nice surprise for Timo Glock and Maxime Martin.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/9/BabyRacer.jpg.resource.1474867756773.jpg

Before the 15th and 16th races of the DTM season in Budapest, two BMW drivers, who had both become fathers in the previous week, were presented with a BMW Baby Racer III by their six team-mates. Of course, no-one can yet tell if Glock’s daughter Leni Malou and Martin’s son Félix will follow in the footsteps of their racing driver fathers. In any case, they can practice at home for that eventuality on their BMW Baby Racer IIIs - but only when they are 18 months old, of course.

BMW Power
26-09-16, 15:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOunLppGm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrroNjeQ2c

BMW Power
28-09-16, 07:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZMz0Zcmb4&feature=em-uploademail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCUIeJfuQM&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
17-10-16, 08:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCSd3DgiDA&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCCnjKUXqRM&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sdrZYzHBUc&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=21

BMW Power
17-10-16, 08:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLEiHLsmvc&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezf80phzLY&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RCd1rlfFZE&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=1

BMW Power
17-10-16, 08:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xej6iDu6_k&list=PLrjmhNF7Jz1wLzEC_uUsdOj9C2NGkBKu8&index=2

BMW Power
18-10-16, 08:39
Wittmann makes history in Hockenheim.
The race for the title in the DTM Drivers’ Championship is over: Marco Wittmann of BMW Team RMG is the new DTM champion.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/10/HOCII_Race2.jpg.resource.1476632748289.jpg

Fourth place in the final race of the year at the Hockenheimring was enough for the 26-year-old at the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM to win the title. Wittmann has 206 points to his name and a four-point lead over Edoardo Mortara (Audi), who won the race on Sunday. Starting from fifth on the grid, Wittmann produced another flawless race to wrap up the title.
Wittmann is the first BMW driver ever to win the DTM Drivers’ Championship twice, having previously been crowned champion in 2014. Volker Strycek (1984), Eric van de Poele (1987), Roberto Ravaglia (1989) and Bruno Spengler (2012) had each previously won the DTM title once for BMW. Never before has a driver won the title for the second time in only his fourth year in the DTM. This success sees Wittmann establish himself as one of the most successful DTM drivers ever: only Bernd Schneider (5) and Klaus Ludwig (3) have won more drivers’ titles than him. Wittmann’s latest triumph means that BMW has won at least one DTM title every year since returning to the series in 2012, including three of a possible five Drivers’ Championship titles.
It was at the Hockenheimring that Wittmann lifted the trophy for winning the Drivers’ Championship in 2014. Wittmann picked up three wins, six podium positions and three pole positions this season. At the age of 26 years and 327 days, he is the youngest double DTM champion of all time. In the team standings, BMW Team RMG ended the season in second place with 290 points and a deficit of 29 points. BMW is also in second place in the manufacturers' standings, with a total of 647 points.
Behind the new champion a further four BMW M4 DTMs finished in the points. Timo Glock came fifth in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM, Maxime Martin finished sixth in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. Tom Blomqvist finished in seventh place in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM, while Martin Tomczyk picked up one point for tenth place at the wheel of the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM in the final DTM race of his career.
António Félix da Costa (BMW M4 DTM) started from pole position as he did on Saturday, but, after a collision that was no fault of his own while leading the race, was pushed to the back of the field. He was unable to finish his final DTM race. Augusto Farfus (Shell BMW M4 DTM) also retired from the race. Bruno Spengler (BMW Bank M4 DTM) narrowly missed out on the points in 12th place.

BMW Power
18-10-16, 08:40
Facts and figures.
Another extremely successful DTM season drew to a close for BMW Motorsport in Hockenheim.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/10/DTM_Zahlen.jpg.resource.1476637470568.jpg

Thanks to Marco Wittmann the drivers’ title went to Munich for the sixth time. With this victory, BMW continued its success story in the most fiercely contested touring car series in the world. Overall, this makes it 73 wins, 56 pole positions, 84 fastest race laps and 252 podium positions for the brand in 265 DTM races since 1984.
An overview of the most important facts and figures from the 2016 season and the five years since the return to the DTM.
2016 season.
At the age of 26 years and 327 days, Wittmann is the youngest ever two-time DTM champion.
Wittmann is the first BMW driver to win the DTM drivers' championship twice.
Apart from Wittmann, no driver has ever managed to win their second title in their fourth year of the DTM.
Only Bernd Schneider (5) and Klaus Ludwig (3) have won more driver titles than Wittmann.
BMW Motorsport celebrated four wins in the 2016 season, which have all gone to BMW Team RMG.
There was twice as much reason to celebrate at the race weekend in Spielberg, at which BMW won both races. Wittmann's victory on Saturday was the 70th win in BMW's 250th DTM race. Then on Sunday his team-mate Timo Glock crossed the finish line as the winner.
In addition to four wins, BMW also claimed six pole positions in 2016. Wittmann set the fastest time in qualifying at the Red Bull Ring (Saturday), in Moscow (Sunday) and at the Nürburgring (Saturday). Tom Blomqvist of BMW Team RBM started from first on the grid at the Norisring (Sunday) and António Félix da Costa (PT) of BMW Team Schnitzer was fastest in both qualifying sessions at the season finale in Hockenheim.
A BMW driver has been on the podium 16 times in the 2016 season. As well as Wittmann and Glock, Blomqvist, Félix da Costa, Augusto Farfus, Maxime Martin and Bruno Spengler also made it into the top three. This means that each of the four BMW teams was represented in the podium rankings at least once.
Since the DTM comeback in 2012.
BMW has provided the DTM champion for the third time in five years. Bruno Spengler topped the drivers’ standings in 2012 and Marco Wittmann claimed the number one spot in 2014.
In the “old” DTM BMW had already claimed three drivers’ titles: with Volker Strycek in 1984, with Eric van de Poele in 1987 and with Roberto Ravaglia in 1989.
Since the comeback in 2012, BMW has won at least one title each year. In 2012 it won the triple of the drivers’, team and manufacturers’ titles. Another manufacturers’ title followed in 2013, as well as victories in the drivers’ and team standings in 2014 and renewed success among the manufacturers in 2015.
BMW has won eight of a possible 15 titles since the comeback – more than any other manufacturer.
BMW has a total of 24 victories since the return to the DTM.
No other manufacturer has started a race from first on the grid more often than BMW: The brand has racked up 26 pole positions.

BMW Power
18-10-16, 08:40
Reactions to the ninth race weekend.
Marco Wittmann finished fourth at the season finale of the DTM, thereby clinching the second Drivers' Championship of his career.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/10/HOCII_Reactions2.jpg.resource.1476632748308.jpg

The weekend in Hockenheim was the final one in the DTM careers of Martin Tomczyk and António Félix da Costa. Tomczyk picked up a point for finishing tenth on Sunday, Félix da Costa was outstanding in both races with pole position and finished fourth in Saturday's race.
Here you can read what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the final race weekend of the season.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “That was absolutely mega, Marco! Today’s race was an excellent reflection of the entire season. Marco was flawless and got the very best out of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. With the packages so evenly matched this DTM season, it was Marco that made the crucial difference. His top speed, nerves of steel and consistency are what have made Marco a worthy champion in 2016. In the current DTM, he is the benchmark for all the other drivers in the field. He can be very proud of his performance. We certainly are. Marco is the first BMW driver in the history of the DTM to win the Drivers’ Championship twice – and in only his fourth year in this high-class series. No other DTM driver has ever won two titles in such a short time. With this success, Marco is already assured of a place in the history books of the DTM and BMW Motorsport. He is an extraordinary racing driver and we are delighted that he is part of the BMW family. Congratulations also to the other BMW drivers who finished in the points. This applies to Martin Tomczyk in particular, who finished in the points one last time in his final DTM race. It's unfortunate that an unnecessary collision denied António Félix da Costa the chance of an outstanding result at his DTM farewell race after his fantastic performance. His two pole positions at the season finale were impressive. We can now proudly say that we have won at least one title every year since returning to the DTM in 2012. What a fantastic record! There is certainly some celebrating to be done tonight. Everyone in the team has deserved that after this season. Everyone made a contribution to this success. I would like to thank everyone involved for their efforts. I'd also like to congratulate Audi on winning the team and manufacturers' championships.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “I’m speechless. Huge thanks go to everyone who contributed to this success. Marco is a mega champion – and my team is simply sensational. And, of course, thanks to BMW Motorsport for the fantastic support. The season was extremely demanding, but everyone here really did their bit. It was another real masterpiece after 2014.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “First off, congratulations to BMW and Marco Wittmann. He delivered another fantastic performance today. I feel that as a team we played a good role this season. The finale is a good example of this: We made it into the top five with both cars in qualifying. That has been a regular occurrence this year. Third place in the team standings is very positive for us. I'm very happy.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “It was a very emotional race for us, since both of our drivers ended their DTM careers today. António Félix da Costa thrilled us with his two pole positions. It's a shame that, through no fault of his own, he was unable to convert this starting position into a top result. I would have liked that. Martin Tomczyk once again demonstrated what distinguishes him: fighting spirit. And he was rewarded with a point. I'm certain that he really enjoyed the final laps. But the second championship title for Marco Wittmann outshines everything. Congratulations to Marco, BMW Team RMG and BMW Motorsport.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “Congratulations to Marco Wittmann on winning the title. Overall, it was a good season for BMW, but as a team we aren't happy. We had hoped for more from 2016. The guys had the best pit stops, but somehow everything came together far too infrequently."
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 4th place, Sat.: 2nd place): “What a feeling! Being crowned DTM Champion for the second time in four years is incredible. It was a difficult season, but now the emotions are indescribable. We fought right down to the wire and had no idea that we would finish at the top before the season started. We've done it now. Crazy. Massive thanks go to my team, BMW Motorsport and everyone involved. And I have huge respect for Edoardo Mortara. He had a great season. In the end we did enough. Now it's time to celebrate.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 5th place, Sat.: 7th place): “Today our task was purely to help Marco win the drivers' title. We managed that perfectly. I had a great pace towards the end of the race and was happy to play the role of Marco's wingman. Congratulations to my team and BMW Motorsport. Everyone earned this success. It's the perfect end to the season.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 13th place): “Looking at the positives, I was consistent throughout the course of the season. It was always very close and I was always among the best BMW drivers. Marco Wittmann did an outstanding job and thoroughly deserved this title. Now we will prepare for 2017 – and come back strong.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 7th place, Sat.: 9th place): “That was another good weekend overall to finish with. Congratulations to Marco Wittmann on winning the title, and I'm also happy that we were able to pick up points again. The key was our performance in qualifying. This meant we were at least able to do battle in the race, even though the car may not have been outstanding. Sixth place in the overall standings is a good result for me. I was still a rookie in 2015. Now I'm hoping that I can take another step forward next year.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 10th place, Sat.: 20th place): “That was another great race here at the end of my DTM career. The fact that I was rewarded with a point makes up for the disappointing season that is behind me. Before getting out of the car I spent a few moments looking back. Now I'm relieved. Naturally it's fantastic that Marco Wittmann won the title. Now I can say goodbye with a clear conscience and focus on my new tasks.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 12th place, Sat.: 14th place): “Congratulations to everyone in Munich who worked hard to win this title. To Marco Wittmann and BMW Team RMG in particular, who delivered extremely consistent performances throughout the year. Unfortunately, my own season was extremely disappointing. So there isn't really much to say.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 11th place): “That was far from my best race. The first set of tyres was terrible. I was very slow and had to battle. Then in the end they wore down. Later on there was a problem in the cockpit. It was unfortunate and frustrating. I had to come in for a long stop and then give up later on. My entire season was characterised by bad luck. It was a very difficult year for us. That happens sometimes. You give 100 percent in every race, but it's not meant to be. Naturally I am delighted for Marco that he won the title. Congratulations to him, he drove fantastically and more than earned the title. It's also great for BMW Motorsport, and we will celebrate it in style.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 4th place): “Naturally starting my final DTM race from pole position was a dream. But then there was the incident with Gary Paffett. He was impatient. It's a real shame. Finishing on the podium would have been a great finish for me. Congratulations to Marco Wittmann - he's the champion. It was a difficult year for us, but we can definitely be happy with the way it ended.”

BMW Power
18-10-16, 08:41
Consistent, clever and incredibly cool.
Marco Wittmann has become the first BMW driver in the history of the DTM to win two Drivers’ Championships.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/10/Interview_Wittmann.jpg.resource.1476639448003.jpg

Having won the title in 2014, he was again crowned champion on Sunday, after finishing fourth in the final race of the year at the Hockenheimring.
The 26-year-old BMW Team RMG driver won four races in the 2016 DTM season. His first victory of the year in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM came in the third race of the season in Spielberg. He went on to add a further two wins in Moscow and at the Nürburgring.
Wittmann moved to the top of the Drivers’ Championship for the first time at the Lausitzring, after which he was embroiled in a thrilling battle for the lead with Robert Wickens (Mercedes), Jamie Green (Audi) and Edoardo Mortara (Audi). He then wrapped up the title in the second race in Hockenheim.
Join us as we look back at Marco Wittmann’s route to the 2016 DTM Drivers’ Championship.
Hockenheim, 7th/8th May – Not an ideal start.
The start of the 2016 DTM season by no means goes to plan for Marco Wittmann. At the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, he is initially the best-placed BMW driver after the opening laps. However, the driver from Fürth is then involved in a collision, through no fault of his own, and consequently drops well back through the field. Wittmann crosses the finish line in 16th place – well outside the points. Wittmann finishes eighth in Sunday’s race to score his first four points of the season. Augusto Farfus in the Shell BMW M4 DTM and Maxime Martin in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM come home second and third to claim the first two podium finishes of the 2016 season for BMW.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after two of 18 races: 12th place – 4 points
Spielberg, 21st/22nd May – Start-finish victory in the Alps.
BMW’s 250th race in the history of the DTM is a successful one for BMW: Marco Wittmann converts pole position into a commanding victory in Saturday’s race at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg. Tom Blomqvist follows him over the line in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM to complete the first BMW one-two of the year. Wittmann remains the man for the big occasion: his triumph is the 70th victory for BMW in the DTM. In 2014 he claimed the first victory with the BMW M4 DTM, which also marked the 60th success for BMW in the DTM. Wittmann’s team-mate Timo Glock has cause for celebration in Spielberg on the Sunday, claiming the third DTM win of his career. Wittmann is seventh.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after four of 18 races: 5th place – 35 points
Lausitzring, 4th/5th June – A taste of the lead.
Marco Wittmann takes the lead in the DTM Drivers’ Championship for the first time after race five of the year at the Lausitzring. The BMW Team RMG driver starts Saturday’s race from third on the grid and goes on to cross the finish line in fourth place in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, after 32 flawless laps and a fierce battle with the drivers behind him. Wittmann’s tally of 47 points is enough to see him top the overall standings. He produces another impressive display on Sunday, coming home sixth to claim another top-ten finish. He is joined in the top ten by another two BMW drivers, in the form of Bruno Spengler and Timo Glock. However, Wittmann is unable to hang on to the lead in the Drivers’ Championship. Now with 55 points to his name, he trails the new leader – Mercedes driver Robert Wickens – by three points.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after six of 18 races: 2nd place – 55 points
Norisring, 25th/26th June – Cool and consistent on home soil.
The streets of Nürnberg are a happy stomping ground this year for Marco Wittmann at his home race weekend. Fourth place is the best result of his DTM career on the tight street circuit. Starting from 13th, he fights back strongly to cross the finish line ahead of Bruno Spengler as the best-placed BMW driver after 49 laps of racing. Wittmann adds a sixth place in Saturday’s race, proving once again that he is among the most consistent scorers in the series. His reward: the local favourite moves back to the top of the Drivers’ Championship with 75 points to his name. The Sunday at the Norisring is even more successful for Wittmann’s fellow BMW drivers from BMW Team RBM: Tom Blomqvist finishes runner-up in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM, having started from pole position for the first time in his DTM career. He is followed over the line by Maxime Martin in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM, who fights his way through from sixth on the grid to finish third.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after eight of 18 races: 1st place – 75 points
Zandvoort, 16th/17th July – All change in the chasing pack.
Marco Wittmann has very fond memories of the spectacular dune circuit in Zandvoort (N: it was here that he secured his first pole position in the DTM in 2013. He once again has cause for celebration this season, as he extends his lead in the Drivers’ Championship on the Saturday. Wittmann starts from second on the grid, and finishes in the same position to add a further 18 points to his tally for the year. However, there is no let-up from the opposition: Mercedes driver Wickens wins the ninth race of the season to pick up 25 points. This is enough to make him Wittmann’s closest rival, briefly. A further two BMW drivers finish in the points: António Félix da Costa is sixth in the BMW M4 DTM, while Maxime Martin completed the top ten. Wittmann comes home fourth in race two in Zandvoort, and sees the new second-placed man in the Drivers’ Championship on the top of the podium: Audi driver Jamie Green. However, the BMW Team RMG driver retains his overall lead, now with 105 points. Green is lurking seven points back in second place.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after ten of 18 races: 1st place – 105 points
Moscow, 20th/21st August – Disappointment and winning joy.
The “Moscow Raceway” throws up a special challenge: on the Saturday, the eight BMW riders and their rivals are faced with the first wet race of the season. Torrential rain makes the track so wet that the first eight laps must be completed behind the safety car for safety reasons. Wittmann finishes 19th in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM and surrenders the lead in the Drivers’ Championship to Wickens, who wins the race. Martin is the best-placed BMW driver in sixth place in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. After the water fight on Saturday, everyone starts from scratch again in dry conditions on the Sunday – and Wittmann comes up trumps: after impressing on his way to pole position in qualifying, the German claims his second win of the season in race 12 of the year, regaining the championship lead in the process. It is Wittmann’s seventh victory in the 50th DTM race of his career. It also represents the tenth win for BMW Team RMG in its 60th DTM race. Blomqvist, Spengler and Farfus follow him home in second, third and fourth to complete the sixth top-four lock-out for BMW in the DTM.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 12 of 18 races: 1st place – 130 points
Nürburgring, 10th/11th September – The Nürburg in view, sights set on the title.
Whenever Wittmann has won at the Nürburgring, he has gone on to be crowned the DTM champion: when he won his first title back in 2014, he also took his place on the top step of the podium in the Eifel Mountains. This season, he once again represents BMW Team RMG, which is based in nearby Andernach, with a home win. The celebrations know no bounds. Starting from pole for the third time this year, he produces a commanding performance to defends his lead throughout the Saturday race. Blomqvist does a great job of fending off the chasing pack and comes home second in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM to complete BMW’s 19th one-two in the DTM. Wittmann ensures BMW has another milestone to celebrate after Sunday’s race: he finishes third in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM to claim the 250th podium result for BMW in the DTM. Thanks to the most successful race weekend of the year so far, which yields 40 points, Wittmann goes into the final four races of the season with 170 points to his name – 33 more than Edoardo Mortara, who won on Sunday in the “Green Hell”.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 14 of 18 races: 1st place – 170 points
Budapest, 24th/25th September – The lead is diminishing.
Initially everything is going to plan for Wittmann in Budapest at the penultimate DTM weekend of the year. First, he picks up points for finishing seventh in race one, then he crosses the finish line in fourth place on Sunday, after an action-packed race. However, during scrutineering after the 16th race of the season, the stewards come to the conclusion that the underbody of Wittmann’s car did not meet the specified dimensions. The overall leader is excluded from the results. This moves António Félix da Costa up into third place retrospectively and makes him the best-placed BMW driver on Sunday. Wittmann’s lead over Mortara, who wins the Saturday race in Hungary, but fails to pick up any points in the second race, is 14 points heading into the finale in Hockenheim.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 16 of 18 races: 1st place – 176 points
Hockenheim, 15th/16th September – A tough fight with happy ending.
The grand DTM finale in Hockenheim turns into a thriller. Alongside Marco Wittmann, the focus is on the two BMW drivers Martin Tomczyk and António Félix da Costa, whose DTM careers come to an end this weekend. Félix da Costa bids a splendid farewell – and claims pole position for both races. But while the man from Portugal is denied a top result, Wittmann makes his dreams of winning the title come true. He picks up an additional 18 points for finishing second on Saturday, so fourth place on Sunday is enough for him to clinch the glass champion's trophy for the second time after 2014. The big party is underway.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 18 of 18 races: 1st place – 206 points

BMW Power
18-10-16, 08:41
"I had to fight for every point."
Marco Wittmann did it: Thanks to his fourth place at the season finale at the Hockenheimring he was crowned DTM champion for the second time.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/content/dam/bmw/sportsmarketing/BMW_Motorsport/2016/News/10/Wittmann_Champion.jpg.resource.1476644106910.jpg

This makes Wittmann the first BMW driver to win two drivers' championships in the DTM. He is also the first DTM driver ever to have managed to claim his second title in only his fourth season.
In an interview Wittmann talks about the 2016 DTM season and the decider in Hockenheim.
Marco, two-time DTM Champion – How does that sound to you?
Marco Wittmann: "Fantastic! It's a great feeling that I managed to be the first BMW driver to win two DTM titles. I might have been a little bit more emotional at the finish line the first time. But my success this year proves that the title in 2014 wasn't just a flash in the pan. There aren't many drivers at all who have won the DTM twice. I'm very proud to be part of this elite circle."
What was the key to success at this finale weekend?
Wittmann: "I just kept my cool, as I did throughout the entire season. Sure, our rivals didn't make things easy for us this year. Edoardo Mortara was a fierce rival. He would have deserved the title too. Maybe I was a bit cleverer this season. I kept out of dicey situations and picked up points in almost every race. On top of this were three wins. In the end it was close, but I think that we deserved the title."
When you compare the two seasons 2014 and 2016: Which year was more difficult?
Wittmann: "No one just wins titles. I had to work just as hard to win in 2014 as I did this year. Naturally, it was more exciting for the fans this season since the title wasn't decided until the very last race. In contrast, I clinched the title before the end of the season in 2014. The 2016 DTM season offered fantastic racing. The field was studded with top-class drivers and I had to fight for every point. My rivals didn't make it easy for me, but I kept cool and focussed on my strengths. And the second title was the result."
Edoardo Mortara was your main rival this year: What is your opinion of him?
Wittmann: "I have great respect for him and his performance. He is a fantastic driver and a cool guy. Edo fought like a lion and did everything to make things go his way this weekend. I ended up just in front. Edo, like Jamie Green, who finished third in the drivers' championship, has a fantastic season behind him and delivered a great show for the fans. I think that I'll need to be on my guard next season since Edo will do everything to fight me for the title."
Who would you like to thank in particular for this success?
Wittmann: "My guys at BMW Team RMG and everyone at BMW Motorsport. I feel incredibly at home and know that everyone supported me 100 per cent. As a driver you are nothing without your team. The mechanics and engineers worked hard to provide me with a perfect car. The pit crew were flawless in the races. We win and lose together. We have reason to celebrate after this season. My family also played a big role in my success. They support me. I can allow myself to relax and recharge my batteries for the tasks that I need to master in the DTM."
How will you celebrate this title?
Wittmann: "We're really going to go for it today. The team earned it. No doubt I will have a lot of hands to shake and a lot of congratulations to receive, but it's a pleasure after such a success. After the official part, then things will really get going."

BMW Power
19-10-16, 08:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6cSl3_xIAU&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
21-10-16, 13:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJu7hbWK3c&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
24-10-16, 09:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP6lDd4se-o&feature=em-uploademail

BMW Power
07-11-16, 09:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQhomiNm-A&feature=em-uploademail