Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 24-01-17, 12:34
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
GT Races 2017

Alzner Automotive on board at GT highlights in 2017.
BMW Motorsport and Alzner Automotive GmbH will join forces in GT racing.

From 2017 onwards, the leading metal working service provider will be involved in some of the real highlights on the racing calendar as an “Official Partner of BMW Motorsport”. The company from Grafenau-Döffingen will support BMW Motorsport at the classic 24-hour races at the Nürburgring and in Spa-Francorchamps, as well as at the FIA GT World Cup in Macau.
“I am delighted to be able to welcome a strong partner like Alzner Automotive to our ranks at the start of the new GT season,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Alzner shares our BMW Motorsport philosophy: no errors, maximum flexibility, short response times. This meant that they understood what we do in motor racing from the word go. I am sure that this partnership promises great success for all concerned at the Nürburgring, in Spa-Francorchamps and Macau.
Hans Tekeser, Managing Director at Alzner Automotive, explained: “We have already got to know BMW in a range of areas – and now we are looking forward to working closely with the motorsport department. The races in the ‘Green Hell’, in Spa and on the streets of Macau are very challenging for the BMW M6 GT3, for the teams and for the drivers. Only teams that work perfectly and professionally as a unit have any chance of winning there. That is where we see parallels to our working environment. And that is why Alzner and BMW Motorsport will fit together so well.”
Alzner Automotive was founded in 2004 and, after progressing towards the top of the industry ever since, now has around 160 employees. The company works in a variety of areas from prototypes to series production. It works with a wide range of materials and sheet thicknesses from 0.1 to 8 millimetres, including steel, aluminium, stainless steel, spring steel and copper. In the automotive sector, the profile includes many types of sheet metal parts, services from shell construction to final assembly as well as the production of components for energy storage.
The company also has customers in other industries, such as gastronomy, medicine or furniture construction. These require the use of modern technology, including punching presses with a press force of up to 400 tonnes, as well as precise 2D and 3D laser technology.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 30-01-17, 11:15
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
BMW M6 GT3 celebrates Bathurst race debut.
On 5th February, the legendary Mount Panorama Circuit will host one of the most spectacular races in Australia.

The starting field of 61 cars at the Bathurst 12 Hour will include four BMW M6 GT3s.

The two race cars from BMW Team SRM will be accompanied by one BMW M6 GT3 from the Marc GT team. Walkenhorst Motorsport is also competing in the 12-hour race, with one car. The #99 BMW M6 GT3 will be sporting a custom BMW Motorsport Junior Programme livery to officially commemorate a special anniversary: this season, the talent promotion programme for young racing drivers celebrates its 40th birthday. The legendary BMW Junior Team – also known as the “Wild Riders Ltd.” – debuted in 1977. BMW works driver Jörg Müller will be at the wheel of the #99 car, as will the two BMW Motorsport Juniors Ricky Collard and Nico Menzel.
BMW Motorsport is sending some well-known DTM drivers “Down Under” to support the teams. Marco Wittmann and Timo Glock will be competing at the legendary Mount Panorama Circuit.
Wittmann will be racing in the Bathurst 12 Hour for BMW Team SRM. He had already completed testing on this circuit in Bathurst for the same team back in November. He will share driving duties in the number 60 BMW M6 GT3 with team manager Steve Richards and Mark Winterbottom, the 2015 V8 Supercars champion.
Glock will compete in the classic endurance race in the number 7 car for BMW Team SRM. He will be joined by Australian motorsport legends Mark Skaife, Russell Ingall and Tony Longhurst. Australia is not unfamiliar territory for Glock: as a Formula 1 driver, he competed in the Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne on five occasions. However, the Bathurst 12 Hour will be the first race at the Mount Panorama Circuit for both Glock and Wittmann.
Marc GT will be represented by Chaz Mostert, Morgan Haber and Max Twigg. Accompanied by Richards, Twigg completed the 2016 Australian GT Championship season in a BMW M6 GT3 for BMW Team SRM.
The 6.213-kilometre Mount Panorama Circuit is situated approx. 200 kilometres west of Sydney. The drivers have to overcome gradients of 16 percent. So far, BMW has claimed overall victory twice: in 2007 and 2010. The 2017 race will take place on Sunday 5th February at 5:45hrs local time. The winner will be crowned 12 hours later.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 10-04-17, 13:14
Administrator

Successful race debut for Félix da Costa.
António Félix da Costa completed his first race outing in the BMW M6 GT3 on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife with success.

In the second race of the VLN Endurance Championship, the BMW works driver got the sixth-fastest time in qualifying, thereby giving his team-mate Timo Scheider a place on the third row of the grid for the 4-hour race. And at one point, the duo in action for BMW Team Schnitzer were even on course to finish on the podium. After a thrilling race, they ended up finishing in tenth place, trailing the victorious Porsche by 2:41 minutes. This made Félix da Costa and Scheider the best-placed BMW team. “Driving on this track in this car is one of the best experiences of my racing career – comparable only with my first test in a Formula 1 car,” said Félix da Costa. “I’m learning an incredible amount in such a short space of time at the moment. But that is normal at this stage. For me, it’s about being at the top of my game for the 24-hour race.” A total of nine BMW M6 GT3 cars were on duty. In addition to BMW Team Schnitzer, Schubert Motorsport, ROWE Racing, Walkenhorst Motorsport and Falken Motorsports were also in action in the GT3 class.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 10-04-17, 13:14
Administrator

First success in first race.
The two races in Malaysia opened the inaugural season of the Blancpain GT Series Asia this weekend.

In the opening race on Saturday, the BMW M6 GT3 immediately celebrated its first success. After 26 laps of the “Sepang International Circuit”, Jesse Krohn and Ollie Millroy finished third for FIST – Team AAI. The were forced to retire early in race 2. The inaugural season of the Blancpain GT Series Asia comprises a total of twelve races, spread over six events. The next two races will be held at the “Chang International Circuit” in Thailand on 20nd/21st May. Then the series will be hosted by Japan twice and by China.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 21-04-17, 12:15
Administrator

Throw-back to maiden Nordschleife victory: Historic livery for BMW Team Schnitzer BMW M6 GT3.
20.04.2017 Press Release

BMW Team Schnitzer can look back on an impressive history at the Nürburgring 24 Hours (GER). Team principal Charly Lamm’s (GER) crew has won the endurance classic in the Eifel Mountains five times in the past. To mark the team’s return to the “Green Hell” this season, the number 43 BMW M6 GT3 will sport a special, historic design.

Munich. BMW Team Schnitzer can look back on an impressive history at the Nürburgring 24 Hours (GER). Team principal Charly Lamm’s (GER) crew has won the endurance classic in the Eifel Mountains five times in the past. To mark the team’s return to the “Green Hell” this season, the number 43 BMW M6 GT3 will sport a special, historic design.

BMW Team Schnitzer wrote the first chapter of its glorious history at the Nürburgring 24 Hours back in 1989. The team from Freilassing (GER) claimed its first overall victory at the endurance classic on the Nordschleife in the same year as it won its maiden DTM title. After 143 laps of racing, eventual DTM champion Roberto Ravaglia, Emanuele Pirro (both ITA) and Fabien Giroix (FRA) crossed the finish line first in the iconic BMW M3 E30. In memory of this success BMW Team Schnitzer will return to the Eifel track in 2017 with one of the two BMW M6 GT3s sporting the same historic design as the winning car from 1989.

This is a particularly special honour for Charly Lamm, who was team principal when BMW Team Schnitzer claimed its first major Nordschleife success – a role he still occupies today: “BMW Motorsport has a big tradition in motor racing, and we have been fortunate to work together for many decades. The historic livery on the BMW M6 GT3 is a nice throw-back to our first victory – one we are very proud of. The stripes in the classic BMW Motorsport colours, in particular, evoke a lot of memories among the many BMW fans in the Eifel region and give us extra motivation to do everything in our power to get a good result on our return to the Nordschleife.”

Lamm still has fond memories of that first victory in 1989: “We were competing in both the DTM and the 24-hour race on the same weekend. Our drivers did a perfect job, as did the entire team. It was a fantastic race and a really emotional experience for the whole team.”

Just two years later, BMW Team Schnitzer added a second success. In 1991, Armin Hahne, Joachim Winkelhock (both GER) and Kris Nissen (DEN) were victorious – again at the wheel of the BMW M3 E30, which took overall victory in the four consecutive years from 1989 to 1992. The car remains by far the most successful touring car ever fielded by BMW Motorsport. It made its DTM debut in 1987 and propelled Eric van de Poele (BEL) to the title at the first attempt. Ravaglia was also crowned world touring car champion with the BMW M3 E30 in the same year. In total, the car has 41 DTM race wins to its name.

BMW Team Schnitzer claimed overall victory at the Nürburgring 24 Hours on a further three occasions: in 2004 and 2005 with the BMW M3 GTR and most recently with the BMW M3 GT2 in 2010. In 2017, the team lines up with two BMW M6 GT3s and top-class drivers. Reigning DTM champion Marco Wittmann (GER) will be joined by fellow DTM drivers Augusto Farfus (BRA) and Tom Blomqvist (GBR). Also in action will be BMW works drivers Martin Tomczyk (GER) and António Félix da Costa (POR), as well as two newcomers to the BMW fold, Timo Scheider (GER) and Alex Lynn (GBR).

Farfus, Félix da Costa, Scheider and Lynn will share the driving duties in the car with the historic livery. Fans will get their first glimpse of this very special BMW M6 GT3 in action this weekend, at the qualifying race for the Nürburgring 24 Hours. The 45th staging of the classic endurance race will take place on 27th and 28th May 2017.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 02-05-17, 12:01
Administrator

Victory for Eng, Collard and BMW Team Schnitzer in the ADAC GT Masters at Oschersleben.

30.04.2017 Press Release

Successful start to the 2017 ADAC GT Masters season: at the curtain raiser in Oschersleben (GER), BMW works driver Philipp Eng (AUT) and BMW Motorsport Junior Ricky Collard (GBR) won the second race on Sunday in the BMW M6 GT3 of BMW Team Schnitzer. The squad headed by team principal Charly Lamm (GER) completed its first ever outing in the ADAC GT Masters, while it was the first race weekend in a GT3 car for 20-year old Collard.

Oschersleben. Successful start to the 2017 ADAC GT Masters season: at the curtain raiser in Oschersleben (GER), BMW works driver Philipp Eng (AUT) and BMW Motorsport Junior Ricky Collard (GBR) won the second race on Sunday in the BMW M6 GT3 of BMW Team Schnitzer. The squad headed by team principal Charly Lamm (GER) completed its first ever outing in the ADAC GT Masters, while it was the first race weekend in a GT3 car for 20-year old Collard.

Eng and Collard had stepped onto the podium after race one on Saturday, when they had finished third of the juniors’ classification for drivers up to age 25. In the overall classification, they were tenth. On Saturday, Collard had driven in qualifying and on the opening stint before Eng took over in the cockpit of the BMW M6 GT3.

In the second qualifying on Sunday morning, Eng secured pole position for heat number two. He competed first with Collard taking over for the second part of the race. At the start, the Austrian defended his position at the very front. He also benefitted from the fact that the team had saved one set of tyres from free practice. As such, Eng could make good use of the potential of new rubber. The race turned out to be an exciting affair, as a total of three safety car periods bunched the field together again and again. Eng and Collard defended their lead at all re-starts and after one hour, Collard brought the BMW M6 GT3 home in first position.

The second round of the 2017 ADAC GT Masters will be held from19th to 21st May as a part of the “Motorsport Festival” at the Lausitzring (GER).

Quotes after Sunday’s race of the ADAC GT Masters in Oschersleben.

Charly Lamm, Team Principal: “Obviously, I am very happy, as this was only our first race weekend in the ADAC GT Masters and we are still new in this series. Philipp and Ricky drove a perfect race. Philipp’s start was impeccable, he was able to defend the lead during the first half of the race in a governing way. After the driver change, Ricky needed very strong nerves due to the Safety Car periods. He more than succeeded in doing so and delivered a perfect performance despite the high pressure. The entire team did a fantastic job. I am very proud of my team. Now we can look forward to the next race weekend at the Lausitzring with confidence.”

Philipp Eng: “I am really proud of every one here in the team and back home in Munich. The car was just a dream to drive today. Qualifying in the morning went well for us, and we could prepare for the race with a decent amount of confidence. In the race itself, we put everything on one card and took a slightly more risky direction with the set-up and it was the right decision. The pit stop was perfect, then Ricky took over the cockpit. He did a brilliant job, also during the re-starts after the safety car periods. I definitely knew that he can handle it but I did not expect that we would be able to take the win today. With regards to his young age, I have absolute respect for this performance. Me personally, I am just really happy for us and the team. I now hope to celebrate many more wins and podiums together with them.”

Ricky Collard: “I am over the moon. The entire BMW Team Schnitzer, Charly and my team-mate Philipp – we got together to be a really closely knit unit. And if you are such a great bunch, the results come of course. I can’t thank BMW and BMW Team Schnitzer enough for the opportunity. And I also want to thank Philipp: he is a really good trainer for me and he has taught me so much this weekend. The race was anything but easy. When the Safety Car came out, the pressure was really on but I withstood it and delivered. These are the moments when all the training, the work in the simulator and the preparation pay off. When I crossed the line, I was just screaming and shouting as it was such an incredible feeling.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 25-05-17, 13:46
Administrator

Latest information on BMW at the 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours.

24.05.2017 Press Release

The stage is set for the 45th edition of the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring (GER). Before the action picks up speed in the “Green Hell”, we are taking this opportunity to provide you with some information on the endurance classic in the Eifel region.

Large contingent: All the BMW M6 GT3 drivers and team principals assembled on the start/finish straight at the Nürburgring on Wednesday for a joint photo with their cars. BMW has never had such a large contingent in the SP9 category as this year. You can download the group photo below.

All the information at a glance: Our digital press kit for the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring is the ideal companion for all media representatives in the “Green Hell”. In it, you will find many fascinating facts and figures regarding the BMW cars, as well as their teams and drivers. The press kit is also available for you to download.

Interviews:

Friday, 13:00-13:25:

Interview opportunity with BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt

Friday, 13:25-13:40:

Interview opportunity with the BMW Team Schnitzer drivers

Friday, 13:40-13:55:

Interview opportunity with the Schubert Motorsport drivers

Friday, 13:55-14:10:

Interview opportunity with the ROWE Racing drivers

All interviews will be held in the BMW Team Hospitality in the paddock. If you have any further requests for interviews with the BMW drivers or team principals, please contact the BMW Motorsport media team on site.

Overview of the driver line-ups in the BMW M6 GT3:

#19 BMW M6 GT3, Schubert Motorsport

Jens Klingmann (GER), Jörg Müller (GER), John Edwards (USA), Tom Onslow-Cole (GBR)

#20 BMW M6 GT3, Schubert Motorsport

Jesse Krohn (FIN), Jörg Müller (GER), Bruno Spengler (CAN), Kuno Wittmer (CAN)

#42 BMW M6 GT3, BMW Team Schnitzer

Marco Wittmann (GER), Tom Blomqvist (GBR), Martin Tomczyk (GER), Augusto Farfus (BRA)

#43 BMW M6 GT3, BMW Team Schnitzer

Augusto Farfus (BRA), Alexander Lynn (GBR), António Félix da Costa (POR), Timo Scheider (GER)

#98 BMW M6 GT3, ROWE Racing

Markus Palttala (FIN), Nick Catsburg (NED), Alexander Sims (GBR), Richard Westbrook (GBR)

#99 BMW M6 GT3, ROWE Racing

Philipp Eng (AUT), Alexander Sims (GBR), Maxime Martin (BEL), Marc Basseng (GER)

#33 BMW M6 GT3, Falken Motorsports

Peter Dumbreck (GBR), Alexandre Imperatori (SUI), Stef Dusseldorp (NED), Marco Seefried (GER)

#100 BMW M6 GT3, Walkenhorst Motorsport

Christian Krognes (NOR), Michele di Martino (GER), Matias Henkola (FIN), Nico Menzel (GER)

#101 BMW M6 GT3, Walkenhorst Motorsport

Henry Walkenhorst (GER), Jordan Tresson (FRA)

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων
Τρόποι εμφάνισης

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές