Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 22-08-16, 16:07
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Edwards and Luhr finish third at Road America.
After starting at the rear of the entire 41-car field in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Continental Tire Road Race Showcase, the two BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM cars finished third and eighth in the GTLM class.

John Edwards and Lucas Luhr, driving the number 100 car, had a strong day to finish third, scoring the duo’s first podium of the season and the 60th podium finish for BMW Team RLL since 2009. Teammates Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner, driving the number 25 sister car, finished eighth. The GTLM class win went to the number 4 Corvette.
After both cars had been relegated to the back of the grid due to an infringement of the rules in qualifying, Luhr, starting the number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, and Auberlen, starting the number 25 car, took the green flag in positions 40 and 41. However, by the fifth lap they had passed the GTD class leader with Auberlen in front of Luhr, and then the fight to move back to the front was on.
Bobby Rahal (Team Principal BMW Team RLL):
“I think we have to feel pretty happy, given where we started. It was a trouble-free race for us and we were able to take advantage of some mistakes by others. After the bad luck at Lime Rock we have recovered. All credit for the team for changing the cars so quickly. So now on to the next one at VIR.”
John Edwards (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 3rd place):
“It is not fair to say we haven’t had pace throughout the year, but we have had a ton of back luck. We had a pretty good fight going on with a couple of cars and the way the race was unfolding towards the end I thought we had shuffled back a bit, but the last yellow bunched everybody up. It was a bit of chaos but we came out the other side with a podium. I really enjoyed this race and it is great to get some champagne again.”
Lucas Luhr (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 3rd place):
“Finally we have a good result, even if it was a little bit lucky at the end. But over the weekend we have been on pace and had performance, apart from in qualifying. I think finally now the monkey is off our back. For everybody in the 100 crew this is great, as we were getting frustrated. For all of us today was the day.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, 8th place):
“Congratulations to the 100 car. They did an excellent job. It was one of those weekends when we were on the back foot from the moment we got here, and we never quite got our stride. Every little thing that could go the wrong way did, but this team never quits.”
Dirk Werner (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, 8th place):
“It was a tough day for Bill and me. We didn’t have a good start to the weekend and this kind of went through to the end of the race. There was a situation where we tried something and were hoping for some luck when we pitted early, but it didn’t work out. For sure this weekend was very difficult, but it was good for the team to get a podium with the 100 car.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 19-09-16, 16:30
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
BMW Team RLL ready for COTA.
This year’s tenth IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race will see BMW Team RLL arrive at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, with BMW’s newest GT class competitor, the BMW M6 GTLM, ready for the penultimate race of the 2016 season.

The team will be racing for its fourth podium finish of this year, still gunning for the first GTLM class victory for the new car. To date, the team has scored very promising results at three of North America’s classic circuits; second place at Sebring and a third place finish at both Watkins Glen and Road America.
Last year’s IWSC race at COTA saw BMW Team RLL score the last of three wins in the 2015 season with the BMW Z4 GTLM as Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner finished the season strongly, ultimately finishing a close second in the driver’s championship.
The team closes the development season chapter of the BMW M6 GLTM at this weekend’s two-hour-and-forty-minute contest at COTA and the 10-hour Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta, in Braselton in two weeks time. As with any new racing car testing has been at the top of the engineers list. The past two weeks following the race at VIRginia International Raceway at the end of August have seen the team criss-cross the country to complete a very rigorous testing schedule that included two days at Circuit of the Americas and one day at Road Atlanta.
Bobby Rahal (Team Principal, BMW Team RLL):
“We’ve had a pretty good record at COTA. We were on pole a couple of years ago with Joey Hand and then last year we won a great fuel strategy race. We were able to defeat the faster Porsches on fuel strategy which was fun. It’s clear the BMW M6 GTLM likes tracks with fast corners, which of course Circuit of the Americas has a lot of so we should be competitive.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM):
“It's been a bit of a tough start for the BMW M6 GTLM. We have been in position to win a few races, but Lady Luck was not looking down upon us. We have been on the podium a few times but have just missed the top step and now hopefully at COTA it's time to bring home the victory.”
Dirk Werner (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM):
“Our testing at COTA went quite well. We certainly made improvements to the car, but this race - especially with the heat we usually have there this time of the year - can make it very difficult. A development year is always challenging because the progress you make does not always immediately result in victories, but it is all part of moving the program forward.”
John Edwards (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM):
“COTA is always a tough race. Tyre management will certainly be one of the keys to success. Our recent testing has answered many of this year’s remaining questions and I believe we may see some gains in the next two races. Our podium at Road America has helped our spirit because Lucas and I have not had much luck, but I’m confident our time is coming.”
Lucas Luhr (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM):
“Going into the final two rounds of the season John and I are working really hard to get a couple of good results for the No. 100 BMW M6. This season has been one of the most up and down ones I have ever experienced in America, with sadly more downs than ups. COTA is a track I like a lot as it is very challenging – especially the higher speed corners. We know we have the pace to be competitive in GTLM which is so close this year, but pretty much anything that can go wrong has gone wrong for us.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 19-09-16, 16:33
Administrator

Second win for the BMW M6 GT3 in North America.
An exciting penultimate round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at the “Circuit of the Americas” in Austin saw the number 96 BMW M6 GT3 of Turner Motorsport score the second GTD class victory of the season for BMW works driver Jens Klingmann and Bret Curtis.

In third position coming into the last round of pit stops, quick work by the crew leap-frogged the yellow BMW M6 GT3 into the lead, going on to win by 15.7 seconds over the 14-car class. It was the pairing’s second victory of the year. Klingmann and Curtis had secured the maiden win for the new BMW M6 GT3 on North American soil at Mosport in July.
In the GTLM class, BMW Team RLL was able to turn around a difficult weekend with a focus on consistency, ultimately scoring fourth and seventh at COTA. Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner, driving the number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, finished fourth. Despite getting a drive-through penalty early into the race, the pairing managed to gain ground from their seventh grid position. Teammates John Edwards and Lucas Luhr came seventh in the number 100 car. Both cars completed 73 laps of the 3.4-mile, 20-turn circuit during the two-hour-and-forty-minute contest. The race was won by the No. 912 Porsche.
The final round of the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the 10-hour Petit Le Mans, will be held at Road Atlanta, in Braselton, on 1st October.
Jens Klingmann (Number 96 BMW M6 GT3, 1st place GTD):
“It was just a perfect day and I am super happy. It was a great car and my first race here in Austin. I felt good and Bret, for whom this is a home race, did a great job with no mistakes. The only big problem was the heat and that my drink bottle didn’t work at all for my last stint, which was about an hour long. But I had the adrenaline by leading, so I tried not to think about it. I think we can perhaps be in the top three in the championship, but we just want to win races for Turner Motorsport and BMW Motorsport.”
Bret Curtis (Number 96 BMW M6 GT3, 1st place GTD):
“Jens did such a good job. We had an advantage in the high speed turns that just stayed consistent throughout the race, and in the low speed turns we just hung on in there the best we could and were fairly even with the other cars. It was so incredibly hot today, but when I passed off the car to Jens I knew we would have a good chance. I knew he would like the car, and he showed me in his first stint by passing six cars in the first six or seven laps. This second win just shows what the team and the BMW M6 GT3 are capable of.”
Dirk Werner (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, 4th place GTLM):
“Another tough race. If you start that far back you are always in the mix at the start and, unfortunately, I hit a car and got a drive through, which put us pretty far back. We were lucky with the yellows and caught back up. I think we improved compared to practice and qualifying. It is a good result, so I am quite happy with the outcome and in the end it turned out to be a good race for us.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, 4th place GTLM):
“I don’t think you are every happy with fourth, but we moved up and we moved up solidly. The team did a great job. We have a lot of hard work ahead of us, as we have this new car and it doesn’t always work out how you want it to. But we will always keep our heads up.”
John Edwards (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 7th place GTLM):
“It was a hard and hot day. We had some issues in qualifying and tried to fix them, but the car still had a lot of understeer and it was really a difficult car to drive. We need to regroup and look forward to the race in Road Atlanta where we know anything can happen. I have some good memories from last year where we finished second overall.”
Lucas Luhr (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 7th place GTLM):
“It was tough race. We didn’t have any kind of speed over the whole weekend. We did our best, but were unable to really move forward.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 30-09-16, 09:23
Administrator

Season finale at Road Atlanta.
The 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (IWSC) will come to an end this weekend at Road Atlanta.

BMW Team RLL will finish its eighth consecutive year racing for BMW and the first season for the all-new BMW M6 GTLM at Petit Le Mans, near Braselton, Georgia.
The traditional ten-hour season-ender will see BMW Motorsport DTM driver Augusto Farfus rejoin Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner in the number 25 BMW M6 GTLM. Farfus, along with fellow DTM team-mate Bruno Spengler, drove to a fifth place finish in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona, the inaugural race for the BMW M6 GTLM. Farfus also co-drove with Auberlen and Werner at last year’s Petit Le Mans to a fourth place finish. Kuno Wittmer will co-drive the number 100 BMW M6 GTLM with John Edwards and Lucas Luhr. Wittmer participated at Daytona and Sebring this season, joining the team for the balance of the races as reserve driver. Edwards, Luhr and Wittmer drove to a second place finish in last season’s Petit race.
The development year for the BMW M6 GTLM has resulted in three podium finishes to-date; a second at the 12 Hours of Sebring, a third at Watkins Glen and Road America to record the 60th podium finish for the team since 2009. Because of this, the team is out of the competition for any GTLM class titles, but Auberlen and Werner are currently tied for second place in the Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, the four-endurance race championship within the championship. The number 25 BMW M6 GTLM finished fifth at Daytona, second at Sebring and third at Watkins Glen. A strong finish at Petit could win Auberlen and Werner the TPEC drivers’ title.
The final race of this year’s IWSC season at Road Atlanta takes the green flag at 11:10hrs ET Saturday, 1st October.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 03-10-16, 13:37
Administrator

BMW Team RLL drivers qualify sixth and ninth.
In the final qualifying session of the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the GTLM field proved to be as fiercely-fought as ever: All cars finished within 0.8 seconds at Road Atlanta.

Driving the number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, John Edwards set the sixth-fastest time in class with a time of 1:18.382 minutes. He was just 0.251 seconds slower than Ford’s Richard Westbrook who secured pole position.
In the second BMW Team RLL car it was Bill Auberlen who was on duty over the 15-minute qualifying session, setting a lap time of 1:18.752 minutes at the wheel of the number 25 car. Together with his team-mates Dirk Werner and BMW DTM driver Augusto Farfus he will start ninth on Saturday. Edwards will alternate at the wheel with Lucas Luhr and Kuno Wittmer in the ten-hour race. Petit Le Mans will go green at 11:10hrs local time.
In the GTD category, BMW works driver Jens Klingmann, Bret Curtis and Ashley Freiberg in the number 96 BMW M6 GT3 came ninth after Curtis posted a time of 1:22.421 minutes. Their Turner Motorsport team-mates Michael Marsal, Markus Palttala and Cameron Lawrence had to make do with 12th in the number 97 sister car.
“That was not bad. It is all close, as we are sixth with John, a tenth off P2, and on a two and a half mile race track that is not a lot. Also Bill is not too far back, and is right there with us. As we have seen in these races, it really doesn’t matter where you qualify, because it is all going to come down to having to stay out of trouble, the balance tomorrow and being fast at night when everything starts to cools off. It looks like we are going to have nice weather, so that is good for this car. I am pretty happy with where we are, as we are right in the thick of it.”
John Edwards (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 6th place):
“You have to look at the times to understand that our qualifying session went fairly well compared to the last couple of events, as we are closer than we have been. To only be a couple of tenths off in qualifying is a nice bonus for us. We still start P6, when we would prefer to be a little closer to the front, but with ten hours to go and a good race car I think we are in a great spot.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, 9th place):
“Although our starting position is at the back of the GTLM field, I am very happy with how well our BMW M6 GTLM has progressed this weekend. It is running well and handling great – only some six-tenths of a second from the class pole position.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 03-10-16, 13:37
Administrator

Difficult season finale for BMW Team RLL.
In the final race of the all-new BMW M6 GTLM’s debut season at Road Atlanta, BMW Team RLL missed another top result in the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (IWSC) due to technical issues.

John Edwards, Lucas Luhr and Kuno Wittmer came sixth in the GTLM class after ten eventful hours of racing at Petit Le Mans. As had often been the case this season, car number 100 suffered a dose of bad luck at the finale. After two and a half hours the BMW M6 GTLM with Wittmer at the wheel was hit by another competitor and spun off the track. Later on, the alternator had to be repaired during a long stop. Although the team completed this job under yellow, when repairs to the track surface that had broken up were being done, the trio lost several laps that it couldn’t make up again by the end of the race.
For several hours it looked as if Bill Auberlen, Dirk Werner and Augusto Farfus could fight for another podium result for BMW Team RLL. With two hours to go, the number 25 BMW M6 GTLM was running in the final podium position. Unfortunately then bad luck also hit this crew: Long repair work due to a damaged steering rack also made them lose ground – and ultimately forced Auberlen, Werner and Farfus to retire. Victory at the final race of the year went to the number 62 Ferrari.
In January, the new BMW M6 GTLM celebrated its race debut at the 24-hour race in Daytona and mastered this first test of strength at this marathon by finishing fifth. Three podium finishes were recorded by the team during the course of the season, at Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road America.
Petit Le Mans also marked the end of the debut season in the GTD class for the Turner Motorsport team with the newly developed BMW M6 GT3. Will Turner and his team celebrated two wins – recording one in the IWSC race at Mosport and another coming in Austin. BMW works driver Jens Klingmann and Bret Curtis topped the podium on both occasions. In Road Atlanta, the duo was supported by Ashley Freiberg and had to retire shortly before the chequered flag with the number 96 BMW M6 GT3. Their team-mates Michael Marsal, Markus Palttala und Cameron Lawrence finished fourth in the GTD class with the number 97 sister car.
Next year’s IMSA WeatherTech Championship begins on 28th/29th January 2017. The 24 Hours of Daytona will kick off another exciting season, including a total of 11 races scheduled for the GTLM class.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“The race in Road Atlanta was a turbulent conclusion to a thrilling debut season with the BMW M6 GTLM in North America. Unfortunately BMW Team RLL missed out on another top result at Petit Le Mans this year. However, two pole positions and three podium finishes in the new car’s debut season is a result we can build on for next year. The whole team, in Munich and at RLL in the USA, worked hard to make use of the experience gained and to improve our overall package, race by race. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. We will now prepare in detail for the new season – and we will be ready to attack at the 2017 24-hour race in Daytona. A big thank you also goes to our customer team of Turner Motorsport. With its two wins in the GTD category, Will Turner’s crew successfully proved the competitiveness of the new BMW M6 GT3 here in North America.”
“It is a disappointing end to the year. The 25 car was having quite a good race and maybe could have had a podium, but it had issues at the end. The 100 car got taken out by a Ford GT early on, then we had an alternator failure because of that later on. Everyone worked so hard this year and I feel bad of the team and bad for the drivers as you hate to end it on this note. That is racing. Now we put our heads down and get ready for next year and hopefully have a much better one.”
John Edwards (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 6th place):
“It was a hard race and a hard season. I think we learned a lot about the car this year, but unfortunately we don’t have a lot to show for it. We have a lot planned for the off season in the way of testing. I am optimistic for next year, and looking forward to putting this season to the back of my memory.”
Lucas Luhr (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 6th place):
“The season in a way ended exactly as it had started – with a disappointing result. We wanted to finish the season with a respectable result, maybe even a podium. But this just wasn’t to be. Nevertheless, this is racing.”
Kuno Wittmer (Number 100 BMW M6 GTLM, 6th place):
“The race didn’t go according to plan. The accident with car number 67 was a race changer. Maybe he didn’t expect me defending my position that hard, then he made a mistake. We managed to go on, but then the technical issues occurred. We will come back stronger next year.”
Bill Auberlen (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, DNF):
“The car was good at times, but we are just not where we want to be, as we want to be fighting up front. Right now we are not at that point and hopefully we can get better, come back next year and put our footsteps on the top of the podium. Today I am very disappointed.”
Dirk Werner (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, DNF):
“That was very disappointing, especially as, until we ran into the problems with our car, we were running strong. We had the pace. Definitely that was not the way we wanted to end the season, as it would have been nice to end it on the podium. The team tried to repair the car, they didn’t give up and showed that they always give everything, but in the end the car could not be repaired in the time we had left.”
Augusto Farfus (Number 25 BMW M6 GTLM, DNF):
“This was the first time since 2011 that I have been here and it hasn’t rained. I think my stint was strong. I had good pace, good fights on the track and made some positions up. It was all looking good. I think Dirk and Bill did brilliant jobs and unfortunately what happened to us is racing.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων
Τρόποι εμφάνισης

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές