Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 10-12-14, 14:07
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
2015 TUDOR Championship

BMW ANNOUNCES 2015 TUDOR CHAMPIONSHIP GTLM PROGRAM
LUHR, WERNER JOIN AUBERLEN, EDWARDS FOR TWO-CAR BMW Z4 GTE CAMPAIGN

BMW Team RLL will once again fly the flag for BMW Motorsport and BMW of North America in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in 2015, BMW announced today at its annual Sports Trophy presentation in Germany.

Bill Auberlen and John Edwards will remain on-board as drivers while BMW works driver Dirk Werner, who previously raced in the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón for BMW Motorsport in 2011, returns to BMW Team RLL. Lucas Luhr, who is third on the North American endurance racing wins list with 51 career wins, joins the team for 2015. DTM drivers Bruno Spengler and Augusto Farfus will join the team for the Rolex 24 At Daytona, along with Jens Klingmann and IndyCar driver Graham Rahal.
- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/bmw-ann....T5iU8nwH.dpuf

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 09-01-15, 14:03
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Priaulx joins Turner Motorsport for USCC endurance races.
BMW works driver Andy Priaulx will return to racing in North America in 2015 with the championship winning Turner Motorsport team. He will be contesting the endurance races in Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta in a BMW Z4 GTD.

When announcing the deal team principal Will Turner explained: “I have been working on putting this IMSA programme together since the last race. Now my guys are going to have to work round the clock to get the car ready for Daytona.”
Priaulx added: “This is an amazing opportunity for me and one I grabbed with both hands. Last year I was able to see how this team worked close at hand and I was very impressed by its professionalism. It can’t get much better than going racing in a fiercely competitive series with the team that won the GTD team and driver titles last year. I thoroughly enjoyed racing in America in these endurance races and so I can’t wait to get back on track in a couple of weeks for the Daytona 24 Hours.”
The Guernsey driver will compete in the North American Endurance Cup, which is part of the United SportsCar Championship (USCC). He will drive alongside Finland’s Markus Palttala, who was the 2014 BMW Sports Trophy winner, and America’s Michael Marsal in the number 97 BMW Z4 GTD. 2015 will be a busy year for Priaulx who is also competing for BMW in the European Le Mans Series. In 2014 Turner Motorsport clinched the GTD titles in the USCC with four wins, six podiums and ten top ten finishes in 11 races.
The North American Endurance Cup calendar at a glance:
24th /25th January – Daytona 24 Hours
21st March – 12 Hours of Sebring
28th June – Six Hours of the Glen
3rd October – Petit Le Mans

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 19-01-15, 15:50
Administrator

Luhr Eager To Begin Season With BMW

One of the most successful drivers in the history of North American endurance racing looks forward to a new challenge in 2015, when he joins BMW Team RLL for the full TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season. He will drive the team’s No. 24 BMW Z4 GTE, beginning with the Rolex 24 At Daytona. He participated in the recent Roar Before the Rolex 24, where he joined John Edwards, Jens Klingmann and Graham Rahal in the No. 24.

Luhr was the leading winner in the history of the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón with 49 triumphs. Including two in Rolex Sports Car Series competition, he has 51 career victories – trailing only Scott Pruett (59) and new BMW teammate Bill Auberlen (53). The 35-year-old German also has a pair of class victories in the 24 Hours of Le Mans (2002 and 2003). He won the GT class at the Rolex 24 in 2001 in a Porsche fielded by Michael Peterson, and was the Rolex 24 pole sitter in 2006, finishing third overall in a Porsche/Crawford fielded by Alex Job Racing.

How big is the Rolex 24 for you?

“I think it’s a very special event. Over the last couple of years you could see there was more and more competition, and more cars and real professional drivers, including drivers from IndyCar and NASCAR. You can see the status of the race increased over the last 10 years.”

How big was winning the Rolex 24 back in 2001?

“It’s good to be on the winner’s list. Unfortunately, I don’t have an overall victory yet, but maybe that still can come in the future. But I have a Rolex watch – that’s important!”

Does anything stand out from your Rolex 24 victory?

“I remember that it was very wet. We had 19 or 20 hours of rain, and the infield was just like a lake. We might have been better off that year with a speed boat than a race car! At that time it was GT and the (SportsRacer) Prototypes from the past. We finished second overall with a GT car. It was very special. It was a very tough race with all that rain.”

You had the car to beat in 2004 with Alex Job Racing, only to lose a lot of time with axle boot problems. Any memories from that race?

“Once every 10 years you have a car like we did back then. I put it on pole and we were in the lead. We had by far the quickest car on the track. Then we had a driveshaft issue that we had to repair. We made up three or four laps and got back in the lead, and then in the morning we had another issue. Then we knew it was over. We were very disappointed, because we knew an opportunity like that doesn’t come very often. But hey, this year we have the opportunity to win in GTLM, and a win is a win, right?

Wasn’t your last full season in America a dream season, winning eight of 10 races and the ALMS championship?

“It was very successful. The LMP1 cars are not allowed anymore, so that’s why I’m looking to GTLM. I think it’s the best GT racing in the world. It has a lot of manufacturers fighting it out, and I’m very much looking forward to not only the Rolex 24, but the whole season. It’s great competition. It’s not for nothing that so many great car manufacturers come here to compete against each other. Therefore it’s very important that we do a good job. I know it’s always tight, but you’ve got to be just a tiny bit better than the others.”
- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/luhr-ea....TISrrYAX.dpuf

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 20-01-15, 14:59
Administrator

The engines are running again.
Ready to roll: BMW Team RLL launches the 2015 USCC campaign in Daytona.

BMW Team RLL will begin its seventh consecutive season of sports car racing competition at this weekend’s 53rd annual Rolex 24 at Daytona celebrating a very special anniversary. The race marks the 40th anniversary of BMW’s first race in the US and BMW Team RLL will compete with the numbers 24 and 25 on its two BMW Z4 GTLM machines in honour of the iconic BMW 3.0 CSL racing cars that debuted at the same race four decades ago.
BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt said: “We are looking forward to an exciting USCC season in 2015, in which BMW Team RLL will once again fly our flag in the GTLM class. Our mission is to return to winning ways with the BMW Z4 GTLM and strong drivers, and build on the great successes we have celebrated in North America in the past. After all, the 40th anniversary makes this a very special year for BMW of North America. We want to do everything in our power to ensure that we also have plenty of reason to celebrate from a sporting point of view.”
“Forty years ago, while BMW of North America was still in its infancy, BMW’s first national marketing programme in the United States was to go racing," commented Ludwig Willisch, Chairman and CEO of BMW of North America, LLC. “BMW Motorsport introduced two BMW 3.0 CSL racing cars in North America for the 1975 IMSA season at the 24 Hours of Daytona. Those cars became legends and laid the foundation for the success BMW has enjoyed in the past four decades, where today we are the number-one luxury brand.”
2015 is the third season of competition for the BMW Z4 GTLM and this year two new chassis have been constructed and tested extensively at two pre-season tests at the Daytona International Speedway.
For the Rolex 24 at Daytona, BMW has assembled a team of stellar BMW drivers that include current BMW DTM stars Augusto Farfus and Bruno Spengler. Spengler will be having his first 24-hour race start ever. Farfus and Spengler will co-drive the number 25 car with season-long drivers Bill Auberlen and Dirk Werner, the latter pair having driven together in 2012 in a BMW M3 GT. Jens Klingmann and Graham Rahal will join John Edwards and Lucas Luhr in the number 24 BMW Z4 GTLM. Edwards and Luhr will drive the car for the entire season.
With the addition of the experienced Luhr, BMW Team RLL includes two of the top-three drivers on the all-time North American sports car racing victories list. Luhr stands third with 51 victories and Bill Auberlen stands second with 53. Both are chasing Scott Pruett who has 59 wins.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 23-01-15, 10:00
Administrator

Rolex 24 At Daytona
Daytona Beach, FL

Qualifying

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 26-01-15, 08:12
Administrator

On the podium.
BMW Team RLL finished second and fourth in this weekend's 53rd Daytona 24 Hours on the 40th anniversary of BMW Motorsport's very first race in North America and the start of the 1975 IMSA season for the iconic BMW 3.0 CSL.

With car numbers chosen to honour that car, the no. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM finished second and the no. 24 BMW Z4 GTLM took the chequered flag fourth. Bill Auberlen, Augusto Farfus, Bruno Spengler and Dirk Werner completed 725 laps around the 3.56-mile, 12-turn Daytona International Speedway road course in the number 25 machine during the twice-around-the-clock endurance classic.
Werner, the finishing driver, crossed the line a scant 0.478 seconds behind the winning no. 3 Corvette. The no. 24, driven by John Edwards, Jens Klingmann, Lucas Luhr and Graham Rahal finished 24 laps in arrears after an accident just past the nine-hour mark cost the quartet 29 laps.
Last year, the team finished the season opener of the United SportsCar Championship at Daytona in the same positions, and, following another podium finish at Sebring, led the championship for the early part of the 2014 season.
Quotes after the Daytona 24 Hours:
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“That was a nail biter for the last ten to fifteen minutes. The final yellow came in just the right moment for us so we were lucky at the end. I should give a compliment to everyone involved for the hard work here and back in Munich over the winter to build some top speed into the BMW Z4 GTLM that we were lacking here last year. We can definitely see the improvement. We aren’t there yet, but the guys had something in their hands that they could fight with today, and in that respect I send big, big congratulations to all the drivers and the team. They really fought hard and deserve this second-place. I would have been super happy with a win, but only one-half second behind at the finish is a result we can be proud of. Second and fourth make a fantastic start the 2015 season and the 40th anniversary here for BMW.”
Bobby Rahal (Team Principal, BMW Team RLL):
“All the drivers did a great job in their respective cars. They did, frankly, everything we asked them to. We are getting closer every year. Maybe next time we'll get to the top of the Daytona podium.”
Dirk Werner (No. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):
“To finish a race like that is nice. In the last couple of laps we were both on the limit. I tried to give everything, but it was just not enough – although we were really close. I think the team can be really happy with all that we have achieved in this 24 hour race and the performance of the car, which was down to the time and work BMW have put into it over the winter. It makes me optimistic for the rest of the season and looking forward to that already. Thanks to everybody involved, my team-mates and the entire team.”
Bill Auberlen (No. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):
“It was a great finish. It is two years in a row we have finished second. Last year, we finished two and a half seconds behind, and this year Dirk drove it up there and got it within half a second. It was amazing. All the guys put their heads down and achieved the best possible result. Hats off to all these guys in the team as that is all we could do.”
Augusto Farfus (No. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):
“That last stint was practically a qualifying stint, and one of the best days of my life. I got out there and then when I knew it was my last stint of the race I gave everything I had.”
Bruno Spengler (No. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM, 2nd place):
“My first 24-hour race in a racing car and I finished second. I am very, very happy about that. I had to learn a lot of things here – especially getting used to the cold tyres at night. There were also so many cars around and I had to try and pass them without getting into trouble. It was a great experience. I wish I had not done that little mistake trying to overtake. I guess that was a little bit of my sprint racer character trying to come out, but I still managed to get back on track and then it ended up well. Dirk had an amazing drive and was putting pressure on the Corvette in front of us, but unfortunately there was not enough time to overtake but he did great. It was an amazing experience and I really hope I can do this again.”
John Edwards (No. 24 BMW Z4 GTLM, 4th place):
“That last one was a triple stint so a bit longer than my first two, and actually it was green for most of it. I think I only had one full course yellow during that whole of it. That’s why I have been sweating a lot! We made up a couple of positions due to other people falling out. That’s all we knew we had to do at around midnight last night. It was kind of a frustrating position to be in at that point because you know your race is pretty much over when it comes to winning a watch. You know you have got to keep pushing because we made up two or three positions just by continuing to run. That will help us later on in the year for the championship.”
Lucas Luhr (No. 24 BMW Z4 GTLM, 4th place):
“First of all I have to say I am very proud of the improvements the whole team – the guys from BMW Motorsport, BMW Team RLL, and BMW of North America – have made since last year. It is still the same result, but we were ready to fight and ready to hunt. Our car had an accident with John, which was unfortunate but the other car also had a little off. Speed-wise we had improved a lot since last year and I am very proud to be part of it. Some days in racing it is just not your day, and unfortunately today it was not our day, but we are second and fourth and these are very important points for the manufacturer and for the team championship, so I think we can work with that and move on to Sebring.”
Jens Klingmann (No. 24 BMW Z4 GTLM, 4th place):
“It was my first race in the States and my first race in a GTLM, and it was really a beautiful experience. I think we did quite well apart from that little accident. At least we had the performance and the package is working and I am looking forward to doing another couple of races with this team, my team-mates and, of course, the BMW Z4 GTLM.”
Graham Rahal (No. 24 BMW Z4 GTLM, 4th place):
“As everybody knows in these sorts of races a lot of luck goes into it. Unfortunately, she wasn’t on our side today. I am disappointed we couldn’t be a little bit better, but the boys did a great job fixing the car and making up for the mistakes that were made, not on our part but by other guys hitting us. I am proud of our effort and hope we will be back next year to do a better job.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 13-03-15, 13:21
Administrator

BMW Celebrates 40th Anniversary of First US Race Win at 2015 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance

From left to right: The No. 25 BMW 3.0 CSL, winner of the 1975 12 Hours of Sebring. The camoflaged 2015 BMW Z4 GTLM Sebring ...

BMW 328 to be honored in special class at the 20th annual Concours.

Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – March 10, 2015 … BMW of North America will mark the 40th anniversary of two key milestones in the company’s history in the United States at the 20th-annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island, March 12-15, 2015. Forty years ago, BMW of North America began operating as a subsidiary of BMW AG, and only days later, BMW Motorsport scored its first US victory at the 1975 12 Hours of Sebring.
Also to be celebrated at the Concours is the legendary BMW 328, which helped establish the company’s decades-long racing heritage. BMW of North America and BMW Group Classic have helped gather a group of significant BMW 328 models, including the 328 Touring Mille Miglia Coupe that pioneered lightweight construction techniques and advanced aerodynamics, and won the 1940 Mille Miglia endurance race. A sure highlight will be the BMW 328 in which Sir Stirling Moss, once again the Concours’ honoree, won his first professional race, circa 1947.
BMW of North America will publicly launch its 40th Anniversary celebration with “Cars & Coffee at the Concours” on Saturday, March 14, where it will unveil the special BMW 3.0 CSL-inspired livery for the current Z4 GTLM cars that will race in the 2015 edition of the 12 Hours of Sebring, on March 21st. BMW ace driver Bill Auberlen and 1975 12 Hours of Sebring winners Brian Redman, Sam Posey, and Hans Stuck will be on-hand for the unveiling. Also on-hand will be original BMW Motorsport Director Jochen Neerpasch, and the complete BMW Motorsport crew from the 1975 IMSA Camel GT effort.
BMW will bring a number of BMW USA Classic vehicles to display at the event:
On the show field, BMW will display the 1975 25 BMW 3.0 CSL that received Best in Class honors at the 2014 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance and was part of the team that won the 24 Hours of Sebring in 1975, paired with the current No. 25 BMW Z4 GTLM Tudor United Sports Car Championship race car.
In addition to the Mille Miglia-winning 328 Touring Coupe, BMW Group Classic will display a 1973 street version the BMW 3.0 CSL that was developed for homologation, as well as the 1980 BMW M1, the first street car developed by BMW Motorsport (also for racing homologation).
The then-new BMW Z3 Roadster used in the filming of the James Bond film “Goldeneye” 20 years ago will also be featured. Since BMW is a company whose legacy rides on two wheels as well as four, a BMW R69 motorcycle will also be featured.
While honoring its past, BMW resolutely looks to the future. Also on display through the weekend will be newly-updated, 2016 BMW 6 Series Convertible and all-new 2016 BMW X6 M, along with the 2015 BMW i8, the company’s award-winning plug-in hybrid sports car.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 13-03-15, 13:23
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 13-03-15, 13:24
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 13-03-15, 13:25
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές