Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 05-02-16, 08:57
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
DTM 2016

BMW Motorsport announces driver pairings for the 2016 DTM.
BMW Motorsport enters the 2016 DTM season with a proven squad of drivers, but with one or two changes within its four teams.

BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt had announced at the 2015 Season Review that the same eight drivers would compete in the BMW M4 DTM in 2016 as did last year, in the form of Bruno Spengler, Marco Wittmann, António Félix da Costa, Timo Glock, Augusto Farfus, Tom Blomqvist, Maxime Martin and Martin Tomczyk.

It has now been confirmed which teams the drivers will race for. Only at BMW Team Schnitzer does the pairing of Félix da Costa and Tomczyk remain unchanged. Meanwhile, changes have been made at each of the other three teams. Glock switches from BMW Team MTEK to BMW Team RMG, where he will drive alongside Wittmann. The pair were team-mates at BMW Team MTEK back in 2013. Farfus takes Glock’s place at BMW Team MTEK, where he joins Spengler. This move sees the Brazilian leave BMW Team RBM after many successful years together. Martin moves across to team principal Bart Mampaey’s Belgian outfit, where he is the new team-mate of Blomqvist.

“We have a very strong and stable squad of drivers, which showed outstanding team spirit in the battle for the Manufacturers’ title last season,” said Marquardt. “Therefore, we had no need to change our squad. However, it has always been our philosophy to create new impulses by systematically varying the line-ups within our four DTM teams, and thus to get the absolute maximum out of our overall package. We have had very good experiences in this regard. Because of this, we are confident that we will achieve success again with the changes for the coming season. Augusto Farfus, Timo Glock and Maxime Martin have proven that they are among the best in the DTM and that they are capable of winning races. They now face new challenges, which will hopefully help them take another step forward in their development.”

This is the first time in the DTM careers of Farfus, Glock and Martin that the trio have switched teams. Farfus spent four years driving for BMW Team RBM, with whom he had previously enjoyed success in the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). Farfus won three DTM races in 2013, ending the year as runner-up in the Drivers’ Championship. Glock joined the DTM and has been a permanent part of BMW Team MTEK since then. He won one race for team principal Ernest Knoors and his crew in both 2013 and 2015.
Glock lined up alongside Wittmann in his debut year, and joins forces with the 2014 champion again at BMW Team RMG in 2016. Martin won one race in each of his two years after joining the DTM with Stefan Reinhold’s team, with whom he won the Team title in 2014. The Belgian now switches to his compatriots at BMW Team RBM.

An overview of the driver pairings for the 2016 DTM season:

BMW Team RMG:
#11 Marco Wittmann
#16 Timo Glock

BMW Team MTEK:
#7 Bruno Spengler
#18 Augusto Farfus

BMW Team RBM:
#31 Tom Blomqvist
#36 Maxime Martin

BMW Team Schnitzer:
#13 António Félix da Costa
#77 Martin Tomczyk

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 05-02-16, 15:47
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Ανακοινώθηκαν τα ζευγάρια οδηγών της BMW Motorsport για το 2016 DTM – Εσωτερικές μεταγραφές για τους Farfus, Glock και Martin.

Μόναχο. Η BMW Motorsport συμμετέχει στη φετινή σεζόν του DTM με την ίδια, δοκιμασμένη ομάδα οδηγών και κάποιες εσωτερικές μεταγραφές στις τέσσερις ομάδες. Κατά την Ανασκόπηση της Σεζόν του 2015, ο Διευθυντής της BMW Motorsport, Jens Marquardt, ανακοίνωσε ότι οι περσινοί οκτώ οδηγοί θα τρέξουν και φέτος με τη BMW M4 DTM και συγκεκριμένα οι Bruno Spengler (CA), Marco Wittmann (DE), António Félix da Costa (PT), Timo Glock (DE), Augusto Farfus (BR), Tom Blomqvist (GB), Maxime Martin (BE) και Martin Tomczyk (DE).

Επίσης έχει επιβεβαιωθεί η σύνθεση κάθε ομάδας στο DTM. Μόνο στη BMW Team Schnitzer το δίδυμο Félix da Costa και Tomczyk παραμένει ως έχει, ενώ αλλαγές έχουν γίνει στις υπόλοιπες τρεις ομάδες. Ο Glock μετακινείται από τη BMW Team MTEK στη BMW Team RMG, δίπλα στο Wittmann. Οι δύο οδηγοί έχουν προϊστορία σαν team-mates το 2013 στη BMW Team MTEK. Ο Farfus παίρνει τη θέση του Glock στη BMW Team MTEK πλαισιώνοντας τον Spengler. Αυτό σημαίνει ότι ο Βραζιλιάνος αφήνει τη BMW Team RBM μετά από πολλά επιτυχημένα χρόνια συνεργασίας. Ο Martin παίρνει μεταγραφή στην ομάδα που διευθύνει ο Βέλγος Bart Mampaeyt, σαν νέος team-mate του Blomqvist.

«Έχουμε μία πολύ ισχυρή και σταθερή ομάδα οδηγών που επέδειξε έξοχο ομαδικό πνεύμα στη μάχη για το πρωτάθλημα των Κατασκευαστών την περσινή σεζόν», δήλωσε ο Marquardt. «Επομένως, δεν χρειαζόταν να ‘πειράξουμε’ μία δοκιμασμένη συνταγή σε ό,τι αφορά τα πρόσωπα των οδηγών. Ωστόσο φιλοσοφία μας είναι να δημιουργούμε νέα ερεθίσματα, αλλάζοντας συστηματικά τα ζευγάρια οδηγών στις τέσσερις ομάδες μας στο DTM ώστε να πετυχαίνουμε τη μέγιστη δυνατή απόδοση του συνολικού πακέτου, κάτι που έχει αποδειχθεί ιδιαίτερα αποτελεσματικό στην πράξη. Γι’ αυτό και είμαστε πεπεισμένοι ότι οι επιτυχίες θα συνεχιστούν με τις αλλαγές για την ερχόμενη σεζόν. Οι Augusto Farfus, Timo Glock και Maxime Martin έχουν αποδείξει την κορυφαία κλάση τους στο DTM και διαθέτουν τη στόφα του νικητή. Τώρα αντιμετωπίζουν νέες προκλήσεις μέσα από τις οποίες ευελπιστούμε να κάνουν ένα ακόμα βήμα προόδου».

Είναι η πρώτη φορά στην καριέρα των Farfus, Glock και Martin στο DTM που το τρίο αλλάζει ομάδες. Ο Farfus ήταν οδηγός για τέσσερα χρόνια στη BMW Team RBM, με την οποία είχε παλιότερα σημειώσει επιτυχίες στο Παγκόσμιο Πρωτάθλημα Αυτοκινήτων Τουρισμού της FIA (WTCC). Ο Farfus κέρδισε σε τρεις αγώνες DTM το 2013, τελειώνοντας τη χρονιά 2ος στο Πρωτάθλημα Οδηγών. Ο Glock προσχώρησε στο DTM και από τότε αποτελεί μόνιμο μέλος της BMW Team MTEK. Κέρδισε από έναν αγώνα με την ομάδα του Ernest Knoors (NL) το 2013 και 2015.

Ο Glock συμμετείχε στην ίδια ομάδα με τον Wittmann την πρώτη του χρονιά και για φέτος θα ενώσει τις δυνάμεις του ξανά με τον πρωταθλητή του 2014 στη BMW Team RMG. Ο Martin κέρδισε από έναν αγώνα τις δύο χρονιές που έτρεξε στο DTM με την ομάδα του Stefan Reinhold με τον οποίο κατέκτησαν τον τίτλο των Κατασκευαστών το 2014. Ο Βέλγος θα πλαισιώσει τώρα τους συμπατριώτες του στη BMW Team RBM.

Τα ζευγάρια οδηγών στο DTM για τη σεζόν 2016:

BMW Team RMG:
#11 Marco Wittmann
#16 Timo Glock

BMW Team MTEK:
#7 Bruno Spengler
#18 Augusto Farfus

BMW Team RBM:
#31 Tom Blomqvist
#36 Maxime Martin

BMW Team Schnitzer:
#13 António Félix da Costa
#77 Martin Tomcz

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 25-02-16, 11:17
Administrator

Wittmann, Glock, Spengler and Farfus test in Monteblanco.
Preparations for the 2016 DTM season enter a crucial phase this week, with the first tests of the year.

From 23rd to 25th February, Marco Wittmann, Timo Glock, Bruno Spengler and Augusto Farfus will take their place in the cockpit of the BMW M4 DTM and complete important test and set-up work on the car. The only official ITR tests take place in Hockenheim from 4th to 8th April. The same venue will host the first two races of the new season on 7th and 8th May.
Back to news overview

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 25-02-16, 11:18
Administrator

Wittmann at the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM with immediate effect.
BMW Motorsport started three days of testing in Monteblanco on Tuesday, to advance preparations for the 2016 DTM season.

Marco Wittmann experienced a special first: The 2014 DTM champion’s car featured the 2016 design at the test in Spain. From now on, he will race in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM.
This means that BMW Team RMG’s number 11 car now bears the look of Red Bull, Premium Partner of BMW Motorsport. The Austrian company has supported BMW in the DTM since 2014. In the same year, Wittmann celebrated clinching the title after winning four races that season at the age of 24.
“I am delighted to represent the Red Bull colours in 2016,” said Wittmann speaking about this latest development. “Red Bull supports many of the top athletes in many different disciplines – all around the world. Now to be part of this circle myself makes me really proud. It was fantastic working with the Red Bull colleagues during my Formula 1 test for Scuderia Toro Rosso in 2015. However, I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to my previous partner Ice-Watch. We celebrated great successes together, in particular, winning the title in the 2014 season. Now I will give it my all to ensure that the same will be true of the collaboration with Red Bull.”
The 2016 DTM season gets underway at the Hockenheimring on 7th May with the first of a total of 18 races. During the course of the year, the battle for the title will take the BMW drivers to racetracks outside of Germany four times: in Spielberg, Zandvoort, Moscow and Budapest. As well as this, in addition to Hockenheim – at the season opener and finale – the Lausitzring, Norisring and Nürburgring are all part of the varied DTM calendar.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 02-03-16, 13:24
Administrator

New liveries for Blomqvist, Félix da Costa and Wittmann.
BMW Motorsport once again goes into the DTM season with strong premium partners in 2016.

One glance at the liveries of the BMW M4 DTM and there is no mistaking these partners. A number of changes have been made to the combinations of driver and premium partner since last year. The centenary of the BMW Group and the BMW brand will also play a key role in the DTM. To mark the centenary, Martin Tomczyk will compete with the number 100 on the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. “There are only two numbers I would swap my 77 for: the number 1 belonging to the DTM champion and the number 100 to mark BMW’s centenary,” said Tomczyk. “It is a great honour for me to celebrate the 100th anniversary of BMW with the number 100 on my car. The BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM in the traditional BMW Motorsport colours is perfectly suited to this homage. I will do my best to achieve as many good results as possible with this number.”
While Tomczyk will take to the track with a new car number but the same premium partner as in previous years, Tom Blomqvist, António Félix da Costa and Marco Wittmann will sport new colours in the new season. As announced last week, Wittmann will now drive the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. “I am delighted to fly the flag for Red Bull in 2016,” said Wittmann. “Red Bull supports many of the best athletes in a wide range of different sports – all over the world. I am really proud to belong to this group.”
Blomqvist will now take to the track in the Ice-Watch colours. He claimed his maiden DTM win in his debut year in 2015 and was the best rookie of the season. “I think the Ice-Watch design really suits me,” said Blomqvist. “With their fresh watch designs, the brand addresses young people like me. I obviously hope to be able to follow on from the great success enjoyed by my predecessor Marco Wittmann. After all, this car design brought him a lot of luck.”
Félix da Costa will compete at the 2016 season’s 18 races in the BMW M4 DTM. Like Blomqvist, the Portuguese drive also celebrated his first victory in the DTM in 2015. “I was proud to wear the Red Bull colours and want to say thank you to the guys for a fantastic time. The design of my new car is also amazing – and, after Tom Blomqvist’s impressive results in 2015, it is synonymous with a DTM success story that I am obviously keen to add to this season,” said Félix da Costa.
The remaining BMW DTM drivers will start the year’s 18 races in their familiar liveries. Bruno Spengler is back in the black BMW Bank M4 DTM. “Since winning the DTM title in 2012, my ‘Black Beast’ has grown very dear to me,” said Spengler. “I am really pleased to be able to continue working with such a great partner as BMW Bank.” His new team-mate at BMW Team MTEK, Augusto Farfus, starts the new season in Shell colours for the second year in a row. “2015 was my first year as the driver of the Shell BMW M4 DTM. We enjoyed some nice successes and magnificent events together. With two poles and two podium finishes, things also went pretty well from a sporting point of view. However, I am obviously hoping for my first victory with the Shell BMW M4 DTM in 2016. It’s fantastic to enter another DTM season together with Shell,” said Farfus.
Timo Glock continues to race in the DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM. This sees a long-term partnership enter its next round. “Deutsche Post has supported me for many years,” he said. “During this time, a strong bond has formed, which goes beyond the standard relationship between driver and sponsor. I am looking forward to another year together in the DTM.”
Maxime Martin will contest his third DTM season in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. So far, he has won one race and finished seventh in the Drivers’ Championship every year. “The SAMSUNG colours have brought me luck in the past, so it is a good omen that I will once again compete with that livery in 2016,” said Martin. “SAMSUNG is an innovative company that obviously fits very well to BMW Motorsport. My goal is obviously to achieve even more wins and podiums.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 02-03-16, 13:24
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 08-04-16, 14:19
Administrator

“You are always very nervous before the first race.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

Part 3: Bruno Spengler, BMW Team MTEK, #7 BMW Bank M4 DTM.
The DTM does not start until 7th May, but you have already been racing in the USA, where you made it onto the podium in Sebring. Was that a good way to warm up for the DTM season?
Bruno Spengler: “That was obviously a good start to the season. It was great to be able to drive in Daytona and Sebring, as it allowed me to find my rhythm again. Driving the BMW M6 GTLM in America is really enjoyable. I was very proud to be part of the first race with this car. It was also my first race in Sebring. We were actually a bit unlucky not to win. Still, second place was an outstanding result for the entire team, which had worked very hard to get that car ready. Now I can hardly wait for the DTM season to start again.”
In the DTM, you are on your own in the BMW Bank M4 DTM and the races last 40 and 60 minutes. In America, you share the car with your team-mates for 12 or as long as 24 hours. How difficult is it to adapt to the different situations?
Spengler: “Switching from a DTM car to a GT car is more difficult, because you always have to hold back a little. The car is heavier and has different aerodynamics and different brakes. I always push too hard for the first few laps, because the DTM car is faster in the corners and you can brake later. However, you get used to that after a few laps. Sharing the car with other drivers is an interesting experience. Many people say there is less pressure in a team than when you are driving alone. However, that is not true, as you have to deliver. Every driver has to do their best. If anyone makes a mistake, it affects the entire team. Both formats are great fun, and I am happy to be able to drive for BMW Motorsport in both series. It is good for me, as I still have a lot to learn in motor racing – particularly when it comes to endurance racing. Learning is a never-ending process.”
You travelled straight from Sebring to the DTM fitness camp in Italy. How important is it to train with your fellow BMW drivers and to have fun together before the season gets underway?
Spengler: “It is very important that we all meet up. We have a packed calendar, so now is about the only time when we can train together and do a bit of team building. Not only is it very important for us all as a team, but it is also great fun. Because I had travelled straight from Sebring, the jet lag made the first few days a bit more tiring, but I was glad to be there.”
How often do you train each week when you are at home?
Spengler: “If I am at home for a week, I train every day. I may do a little less weight training, but I do partake in other sports like tennis, cross-country skiing and biathlon in the winter, and golf in the summer. Golf is good for your concentration, tennis for your reactions. On top of that, I also go running and cycle. I try to do as many sports as possible, as I am a big sports fan.”
Biathlon is not necessarily your typical leisure sport. Did you get much chance to do it this winter?
Spengler: “We had a biathlon competition as part of the BMW Bank Winter Challenge. I have been skating on cross-country skis since I was 12 years old.”
2016 is your 12th year in the DTM. Does it, to a certain degree, become routine after a while?
Spengler: “Before the start of any season you always ask yourself how good the car is, whether you are competitive, and how you will fare. There is always a bit of excitement. You are always very nervous before the start of the first race, no matter how many seasons you have under your belt. I feel the same way as I did at my very first DTM race every time. I think that is how it should be. I am very ambitious and will not relax just because I have been champion and won a lot of races. I always want to achieve more, so naturally put myself under pressure every year.”
What, in particular, did your preparations for the 2016 DTM season focus on?
Spengler: “It is important to improve our performance in qualifying. That cost us valuable points at the start of last season. We must try to be more consistent in qualifying. This is not easy, given the limited opportunities to test ahead of the season. However, the whole team is doing its best to ensure we are as competitive as possible come the first race.”
What can you, as a driver, do to improve?
Spengler: “It is hard to name one particular thing. You always have things you can improve. Every morning when I wake up I wonder what I can do better at the racetrack. It is important to have that kind of attitude. The main goal is to get the best out of the car and me as a driver. I try to do that every year. At 32 years of age, I am still young. I still have a few good years ahead of me, and am very motivated.”
What are BMW’s strengths?
Spengler: “BMW is a very dynamic and modern manufacturer. Furthermore, BMW never gives up, no matter how difficult the current situation may be. Last year was emphatic proof of that, as things were not going well at the start of the season. In the end we came back to win the Manufacturers’ Championship. That is a very important title and very difficult to achieve in the DTM.”
Augusto Farfus is your new team-mate at BMW Team MTEK. How long have you known each other?
Spengler: “We first met a few years back on the karting scene. We have obviously come to know each other better at BMW. I am pleased that Augusto is now at MTEK, although I also got on really well with Timo Glock and we worked well together. I am sure it will work just as well with Augusto.”
You take on the role of driving instructor at “Drive like Bruno”. What makes the event so special?
Spengler: “Drive like Bruno is absolutely fantastic. It usually takes place at the end of the season, when I have more time. I spend the entire day at the racetrack with the participants and show them what I have loved doing since I was a boy – driving a car at the limit. I also answer any questions and am always game for a laugh. We all want to have a nice day together, so the atmosphere is always excellent. BMW Bank does a great job. Every year they come up with something to make the event even better. It is great fun, and deserves a lot of praise.”
As part of “Drive like Bruno”, you also completed a special lap in Hockenheim with a 360° camera on board. This was a first: never before had anyone seen a DTM car from that perspective (http://www.drivelikebruno.de/360special). Is this the kind of thing that needs to be introduced in the future, in order to intensify the DTM experience for fans?
“Firstly, it was incredibly good fun. I gave a running commentary during the lap, to give my virtual passengers an even better feel for what is important in Hockenheim. I think the video is fantastic. It allows every fan to step into the role of my passenger. The experience is perfect when you watch the video wearing VR glasses. I think this is exactly the kind of thing we need to introduce to bring fans even closer to the DTM, offer them glimpses behind the scenes, and to make the DTM even more captivating. The vast majority of spectators only ever see a DTM car from the outside. Now everyone can take a virtual look around and see what really goes on in the cockpit. I can only recommend you watch the video – preferably with VR glasses.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 13-04-16, 14:28
Administrator

“I know what to expect in the DTM in 2016.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

Part 4: Tom Blomqvist, BMW Team RBM, No 31 Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM.
DTM in 2015?
Tom Blomqvist: “I would give myself a seven. The start of the season was tough for me. I first had to adapt to the dynamics, the very high standard and the aggressive driving in the DTM. When it came to working with the team, everyone involved had to get used to each other at first. The turning point for me came in Moscow. From that weekend on, I was always one of the top qualifiers. That is something I was very happy about. The absolute highlight of the year was obviously my win in Oschersleben.”
Were you relieved in Oschersleben to see that you could compete at the very front of the field in the DTM?
Blomqvist: “The win definitely came as a relief. However, I already knew that I had the pace required. It was just a case of everything coming together in one race. That was the case in Oschersleben, starting with qualifying. After the win, I was much more relaxed going into the remaining race weekends. It definitely helped me a lot.”
What surprised you most about the DTM?
Blomqvist: “How incredibly close it is. I was very surprised to see how even the tiniest gaps, even just half a tenth of a second, could make a big difference.”
Looking ahead to the coming season, in which areas are you looking to improve most?
Blomqvist: “I feel much better prepared than I did for last season. Back then everything was new to me. I now know what to expect in the DTM in 2016. The team and I have identified a number of areas, in which we want to improve. That is what we are working on. After all, you always have to keep improving.”
How do you like your new Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM?
Blomqvist: “I really like the Ice-Watch colours and think the youthful image of the Ice-Watch brand suits me very well. The Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM was very successful in recent years with Marco Wittmann at the wheel. Hopefully it will bring me luck too.”
As well as a new car, you also have a new team-mate. How are you getting on with Maxime Martin?
Blomqvist: “He is a very nice guy and I get on well with him. As well as that, he is extremely quick. He proved that emphatically last year, particularly towards the end of the season. After Augusto Farfus I now have another strong team-mate, from whom I am sure I will be able to learn a lot.”
You recently made your debut on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in the BMW M235i Racing in preparation for your start in the BMW M6 GT3 at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. How did it go?
Blomqvist: “I think that was exactly the right way to learn this extremely difficult track. There was no pressure on me, and I was able to just drive. I spent four hours non-stop at the wheel and got a lot of kilometres under my belt. It was an intense experience, as the circuit is a big challenge. However, it is also incredible fun.”
How did you prepare for the Nordschleife?
Blomqvist: “I spent some time in the simulator and watched on-board videos. To be honest though, that didn’t help me as much as I had hoped it would. Driving on this track, with its undulations and bumps, is a completely different world.”
You are now also driving in GT races for BMW Motorsport. How did that come about?
Blomqvist: “My focus was, and remains, the DTM. However, I wanted to take the opportunity to get more race experience. The more I drive, the better driver I can become. In the DTM, we only have limited opportunity to actually get behind the wheel of the car. Therefore, it was great to be given this chance by BMW Motorsport.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 15-04-16, 14:47
Administrator

“It is always exciting.”
On 7th May the new season of the DTM gets underway in Hockenheim. Until then, we will introduce
each of our BMW DTM drivers as part of a series of interviews.

Part 5: Martin Tomczyk, BMW Team Schnitzer, Number 100 BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM.
Martin, preparations for the 2016 season are now complete. How happy are you with the way the tests panned out?
Martin Tomczyk: “I am really happy, although testing ahead of the season is very limited. That is not an ideal situation for a racing driver in the winter, but we worked our way through a lot of different points and tried to get the most out of the time as a team. I am definitely motivated and looking forward to the new season, which will be my 16th in the DTM. After the disappointing season last year, I can confidently say that the only way is up for me.”
How did you prepare over the winter?
Tomczyk: “When you don’t get to do a lot of driving, you obviously try to compensate by doing a lot of exercise. Therefore, I was very active in the winter and could not wait for the first tests. I also had the opportunity to do a few tests in the BMW M6 GT3, which obviously helped pass the time a bit.”
You are one of the more experienced drivers in the DTM. Are there still new things out there that even you are yet to discover?
Tomczyk: “There is always something new in the DTM when the regulations change – as is the case again this year. We have a few innovations, which mean you must adapt again and reorient yourself – even if you have been around for a long time. It is always exciting and tense when the first race weekend comes around.”
What are you most looking forward to in the 2016 DTM season?
Tomczyk: “The races. We showed last year that we put on exciting races for the spectators. We had a lot of different winners. The entire season was exciting, and the action was great. When you bear in mind that our cars feature the very latest technology and are all within one second of each other in qualifying, it is not a given that there are also a lot of overtaking manoeuvres out on the track.”
What are your goals? What would make 2016 a successful season for you?
Tomczyk: “If I get back to the level I actually want to be driving at. I don’t set myself any definite goals, but it is clear to me that I don’t belong where I was last year – and I don’t want to be back there again. I want to score points in every race and to bridge the gap, particularly when it comes to qualifying.”
Another topic on your agenda is the Nürburgring-Nordschleife and the 24-hour race. Does it make a nice change to be involved in that?
Tomczyk: “Definitely. For me, it is one of the best races on my schedule this year. It is also fun to be involved in the preparations, to share a car with team-mates, and to work together on developing the set-up and strategy. Furthermore, conquering the challenging Nordschleife with all the drivers and the team is tense and exciting.”
What makes the Nordschleife so special?
Tomczyk: “There is simply no other racetrack like it in the world. No other circuit comes close. It is actually quite crazy, even for a racing driver. However, it is incredible fun when you get it right. At many racetracks, you can aim to complete the perfect lap. On the Nordschleife, however, it is just a wild and crazy ride. You have to think differently every lap. The traffic and conditions change constantly. Every corner is a new challenge.”
The 24-hour race is a completely different animal anyway. As a driver, are you able to take in much of what is going on round the circuit?
Tomczyk: “We pick up on it, as we usually arrive on Tuesday for all the activities surrounding the race. Also, BMW is very well-known for putting on a good show for fans away from the track. We drivers are obviously involved in all that. I always think back fondly on one of the best moments of my time in motorsport, when I pulled onto the Nordschleife as the leader on lap one, knowing that there were over 200 cars behind me who would love to overtake me. When you are the first through the Nordschleife and see the first flares being shot into the sky, it is just an awesome feeling. I would like to repeat that again this year, but then to hang onto that position for a bit longer. Our goal is to win the 24-hour race. Obviously you always need a bit of luck on the Nordschleife, but our overall package is good enough. We must now make sure that this package is the first across the finish line.”
Before the Nordschleife you have another outing as part of the BMW Motorsport Junior programme. How much do you enjoy passing on your experience and know-how to the young drivers?
Tomczyk: “Sixteen years ago I was the youngest driver at the time to race in the DTM, and it goes without saying that I benefitted from the more experienced drivers. Back then I soaked up all the information they gave me. That helped a lot, so I am pleased, 16 years down the line, to be able to give something back to the new crop of youngsters. I have already met both Juniors, Louis Delétraz and Jesse Krohn, and have tested with Louis. It is great fun, as you can see the desire and hunger they both have.”
You have become a father for the second time. Has that changed your life?
Tomczyk: “Having children does change your life. It is difficult to explain this to anyone who does not have children. But anyone who does have kids knows how important they are in your life. It is really incredible, and I enjoy every moment with my children. From a sporting point of view, it has obviously changed nothing. That is my job, and one that I am still incredibly passionate about. However, when I am finished working, I try to get home as quickly as possible. That may not have been the case before, when I might have stuck around for a night. Now, though, I thoroughly enjoy my time at home with the kids.”
Your wife is a fast racing driver, and you are quick too. Are your children showing any signs of racing talent?
Tomczyk: “They are certainly very enthusiastic. You can’t really avoid it. Wherever you look in our house, you will find motor racing – whether it be helmets lying around or the nice BMW in the garage. You pass on that affinity with motorsport to your children. My garage is less full than the one with all my daughter’s pedal cars.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 04-05-16, 08:46
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές