Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 18-10-16, 08:40
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Facts and figures.
Another extremely successful DTM season drew to a close for BMW Motorsport in Hockenheim.

Thanks to Marco Wittmann the drivers’ title went to Munich for the sixth time. With this victory, BMW continued its success story in the most fiercely contested touring car series in the world. Overall, this makes it 73 wins, 56 pole positions, 84 fastest race laps and 252 podium positions for the brand in 265 DTM races since 1984.
An overview of the most important facts and figures from the 2016 season and the five years since the return to the DTM.
2016 season.
At the age of 26 years and 327 days, Wittmann is the youngest ever two-time DTM champion.
Wittmann is the first BMW driver to win the DTM drivers' championship twice.
Apart from Wittmann, no driver has ever managed to win their second title in their fourth year of the DTM.
Only Bernd Schneider (5) and Klaus Ludwig (3) have won more driver titles than Wittmann.
BMW Motorsport celebrated four wins in the 2016 season, which have all gone to BMW Team RMG.
There was twice as much reason to celebrate at the race weekend in Spielberg, at which BMW won both races. Wittmann's victory on Saturday was the 70th win in BMW's 250th DTM race. Then on Sunday his team-mate Timo Glock crossed the finish line as the winner.
In addition to four wins, BMW also claimed six pole positions in 2016. Wittmann set the fastest time in qualifying at the Red Bull Ring (Saturday), in Moscow (Sunday) and at the Nürburgring (Saturday). Tom Blomqvist of BMW Team RBM started from first on the grid at the Norisring (Sunday) and António Félix da Costa (PT) of BMW Team Schnitzer was fastest in both qualifying sessions at the season finale in Hockenheim.
A BMW driver has been on the podium 16 times in the 2016 season. As well as Wittmann and Glock, Blomqvist, Félix da Costa, Augusto Farfus, Maxime Martin and Bruno Spengler also made it into the top three. This means that each of the four BMW teams was represented in the podium rankings at least once.
Since the DTM comeback in 2012.
BMW has provided the DTM champion for the third time in five years. Bruno Spengler topped the drivers’ standings in 2012 and Marco Wittmann claimed the number one spot in 2014.
In the “old” DTM BMW had already claimed three drivers’ titles: with Volker Strycek in 1984, with Eric van de Poele in 1987 and with Roberto Ravaglia in 1989.
Since the comeback in 2012, BMW has won at least one title each year. In 2012 it won the triple of the drivers’, team and manufacturers’ titles. Another manufacturers’ title followed in 2013, as well as victories in the drivers’ and team standings in 2014 and renewed success among the manufacturers in 2015.
BMW has won eight of a possible 15 titles since the comeback – more than any other manufacturer.
BMW has a total of 24 victories since the return to the DTM.
No other manufacturer has started a race from first on the grid more often than BMW: The brand has racked up 26 pole positions.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 18-10-16, 08:40
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Reactions to the ninth race weekend.
Marco Wittmann finished fourth at the season finale of the DTM, thereby clinching the second Drivers' Championship of his career.

The weekend in Hockenheim was the final one in the DTM careers of Martin Tomczyk and António Félix da Costa. Tomczyk picked up a point for finishing tenth on Sunday, Félix da Costa was outstanding in both races with pole position and finished fourth in Saturday's race.
Here you can read what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt, the four team principals and the eight BMW DTM drivers had to say after the final race weekend of the season.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “That was absolutely mega, Marco! Today’s race was an excellent reflection of the entire season. Marco was flawless and got the very best out of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. With the packages so evenly matched this DTM season, it was Marco that made the crucial difference. His top speed, nerves of steel and consistency are what have made Marco a worthy champion in 2016. In the current DTM, he is the benchmark for all the other drivers in the field. He can be very proud of his performance. We certainly are. Marco is the first BMW driver in the history of the DTM to win the Drivers’ Championship twice – and in only his fourth year in this high-class series. No other DTM driver has ever won two titles in such a short time. With this success, Marco is already assured of a place in the history books of the DTM and BMW Motorsport. He is an extraordinary racing driver and we are delighted that he is part of the BMW family. Congratulations also to the other BMW drivers who finished in the points. This applies to Martin Tomczyk in particular, who finished in the points one last time in his final DTM race. It's unfortunate that an unnecessary collision denied António Félix da Costa the chance of an outstanding result at his DTM farewell race after his fantastic performance. His two pole positions at the season finale were impressive. We can now proudly say that we have won at least one title every year since returning to the DTM in 2012. What a fantastic record! There is certainly some celebrating to be done tonight. Everyone in the team has deserved that after this season. Everyone made a contribution to this success. I would like to thank everyone involved for their efforts. I'd also like to congratulate Audi on winning the team and manufacturers' championships.”
Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “I’m speechless. Huge thanks go to everyone who contributed to this success. Marco is a mega champion – and my team is simply sensational. And, of course, thanks to BMW Motorsport for the fantastic support. The season was extremely demanding, but everyone here really did their bit. It was another real masterpiece after 2014.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “First off, congratulations to BMW and Marco Wittmann. He delivered another fantastic performance today. I feel that as a team we played a good role this season. The finale is a good example of this: We made it into the top five with both cars in qualifying. That has been a regular occurrence this year. Third place in the team standings is very positive for us. I'm very happy.”
Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “It was a very emotional race for us, since both of our drivers ended their DTM careers today. António Félix da Costa thrilled us with his two pole positions. It's a shame that, through no fault of his own, he was unable to convert this starting position into a top result. I would have liked that. Martin Tomczyk once again demonstrated what distinguishes him: fighting spirit. And he was rewarded with a point. I'm certain that he really enjoyed the final laps. But the second championship title for Marco Wittmann outshines everything. Congratulations to Marco, BMW Team RMG and BMW Motorsport.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “Congratulations to Marco Wittmann on winning the title. Overall, it was a good season for BMW, but as a team we aren't happy. We had hoped for more from 2016. The guys had the best pit stops, but somehow everything came together far too infrequently."
Marco Wittmann (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 4th place, Sat.: 2nd place): “What a feeling! Being crowned DTM Champion for the second time in four years is incredible. It was a difficult season, but now the emotions are indescribable. We fought right down to the wire and had no idea that we would finish at the top before the season started. We've done it now. Crazy. Massive thanks go to my team, BMW Motorsport and everyone involved. And I have huge respect for Edoardo Mortara. He had a great season. In the end we did enough. Now it's time to celebrate.”
Timo Glock (BMW Team RMG, Sun.: 5th place, Sat.: 7th place): “Today our task was purely to help Marco win the drivers' title. We managed that perfectly. I had a great pace towards the end of the race and was happy to play the role of Marco's wingman. Congratulations to my team and BMW Motorsport. Everyone earned this success. It's the perfect end to the season.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 6th place, Sat.: 13th place): “Looking at the positives, I was consistent throughout the course of the season. It was always very close and I was always among the best BMW drivers. Marco Wittmann did an outstanding job and thoroughly deserved this title. Now we will prepare for 2017 – and come back strong.”
Tom Blomqvist (BMW Team RBM, Sun.: 7th place, Sat.: 9th place): “That was another good weekend overall to finish with. Congratulations to Marco Wittmann on winning the title, and I'm also happy that we were able to pick up points again. The key was our performance in qualifying. This meant we were at least able to do battle in the race, even though the car may not have been outstanding. Sixth place in the overall standings is a good result for me. I was still a rookie in 2015. Now I'm hoping that I can take another step forward next year.”
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: 10th place, Sat.: 20th place): “That was another great race here at the end of my DTM career. The fact that I was rewarded with a point makes up for the disappointing season that is behind me. Before getting out of the car I spent a few moments looking back. Now I'm relieved. Naturally it's fantastic that Marco Wittmann won the title. Now I can say goodbye with a clear conscience and focus on my new tasks.”
Bruno Spengler (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: 12th place, Sat.: 14th place): “Congratulations to everyone in Munich who worked hard to win this title. To Marco Wittmann and BMW Team RMG in particular, who delivered extremely consistent performances throughout the year. Unfortunately, my own season was extremely disappointing. So there isn't really much to say.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Team MTEK, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 11th place): “That was far from my best race. The first set of tyres was terrible. I was very slow and had to battle. Then in the end they wore down. Later on there was a problem in the cockpit. It was unfortunate and frustrating. I had to come in for a long stop and then give up later on. My entire season was characterised by bad luck. It was a very difficult year for us. That happens sometimes. You give 100 percent in every race, but it's not meant to be. Naturally I am delighted for Marco that he won the title. Congratulations to him, he drove fantastically and more than earned the title. It's also great for BMW Motorsport, and we will celebrate it in style.”
António Félix da Costa (BMW Team Schnitzer, Sun.: DNF, Sat.: 4th place): “Naturally starting my final DTM race from pole position was a dream. But then there was the incident with Gary Paffett. He was impatient. It's a real shame. Finishing on the podium would have been a great finish for me. Congratulations to Marco Wittmann - he's the champion. It was a difficult year for us, but we can definitely be happy with the way it ended.”

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 18-10-16, 08:41
Administrator

Consistent, clever and incredibly cool.
Marco Wittmann has become the first BMW driver in the history of the DTM to win two Drivers’ Championships.

Having won the title in 2014, he was again crowned champion on Sunday, after finishing fourth in the final race of the year at the Hockenheimring.
The 26-year-old BMW Team RMG driver won four races in the 2016 DTM season. His first victory of the year in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM came in the third race of the season in Spielberg. He went on to add a further two wins in Moscow and at the Nürburgring.
Wittmann moved to the top of the Drivers’ Championship for the first time at the Lausitzring, after which he was embroiled in a thrilling battle for the lead with Robert Wickens (Mercedes), Jamie Green (Audi) and Edoardo Mortara (Audi). He then wrapped up the title in the second race in Hockenheim.
Join us as we look back at Marco Wittmann’s route to the 2016 DTM Drivers’ Championship.
Hockenheim, 7th/8th May – Not an ideal start.
The start of the 2016 DTM season by no means goes to plan for Marco Wittmann. At the wheel of the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, he is initially the best-placed BMW driver after the opening laps. However, the driver from Fürth is then involved in a collision, through no fault of his own, and consequently drops well back through the field. Wittmann crosses the finish line in 16th place – well outside the points. Wittmann finishes eighth in Sunday’s race to score his first four points of the season. Augusto Farfus in the Shell BMW M4 DTM and Maxime Martin in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM come home second and third to claim the first two podium finishes of the 2016 season for BMW.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after two of 18 races: 12th place – 4 points
Spielberg, 21st/22nd May – Start-finish victory in the Alps.
BMW’s 250th race in the history of the DTM is a successful one for BMW: Marco Wittmann converts pole position into a commanding victory in Saturday’s race at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg. Tom Blomqvist follows him over the line in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM to complete the first BMW one-two of the year. Wittmann remains the man for the big occasion: his triumph is the 70th victory for BMW in the DTM. In 2014 he claimed the first victory with the BMW M4 DTM, which also marked the 60th success for BMW in the DTM. Wittmann’s team-mate Timo Glock has cause for celebration in Spielberg on the Sunday, claiming the third DTM win of his career. Wittmann is seventh.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after four of 18 races: 5th place – 35 points
Lausitzring, 4th/5th June – A taste of the lead.
Marco Wittmann takes the lead in the DTM Drivers’ Championship for the first time after race five of the year at the Lausitzring. The BMW Team RMG driver starts Saturday’s race from third on the grid and goes on to cross the finish line in fourth place in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, after 32 flawless laps and a fierce battle with the drivers behind him. Wittmann’s tally of 47 points is enough to see him top the overall standings. He produces another impressive display on Sunday, coming home sixth to claim another top-ten finish. He is joined in the top ten by another two BMW drivers, in the form of Bruno Spengler and Timo Glock. However, Wittmann is unable to hang on to the lead in the Drivers’ Championship. Now with 55 points to his name, he trails the new leader – Mercedes driver Robert Wickens – by three points.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after six of 18 races: 2nd place – 55 points
Norisring, 25th/26th June – Cool and consistent on home soil.
The streets of Nürnberg are a happy stomping ground this year for Marco Wittmann at his home race weekend. Fourth place is the best result of his DTM career on the tight street circuit. Starting from 13th, he fights back strongly to cross the finish line ahead of Bruno Spengler as the best-placed BMW driver after 49 laps of racing. Wittmann adds a sixth place in Saturday’s race, proving once again that he is among the most consistent scorers in the series. His reward: the local favourite moves back to the top of the Drivers’ Championship with 75 points to his name. The Sunday at the Norisring is even more successful for Wittmann’s fellow BMW drivers from BMW Team RBM: Tom Blomqvist finishes runner-up in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM, having started from pole position for the first time in his DTM career. He is followed over the line by Maxime Martin in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM, who fights his way through from sixth on the grid to finish third.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after eight of 18 races: 1st place – 75 points
Zandvoort, 16th/17th July – All change in the chasing pack.
Marco Wittmann has very fond memories of the spectacular dune circuit in Zandvoort (N: it was here that he secured his first pole position in the DTM in 2013. He once again has cause for celebration this season, as he extends his lead in the Drivers’ Championship on the Saturday. Wittmann starts from second on the grid, and finishes in the same position to add a further 18 points to his tally for the year. However, there is no let-up from the opposition: Mercedes driver Wickens wins the ninth race of the season to pick up 25 points. This is enough to make him Wittmann’s closest rival, briefly. A further two BMW drivers finish in the points: António Félix da Costa is sixth in the BMW M4 DTM, while Maxime Martin completed the top ten. Wittmann comes home fourth in race two in Zandvoort, and sees the new second-placed man in the Drivers’ Championship on the top of the podium: Audi driver Jamie Green. However, the BMW Team RMG driver retains his overall lead, now with 105 points. Green is lurking seven points back in second place.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after ten of 18 races: 1st place – 105 points
Moscow, 20th/21st August – Disappointment and winning joy.
The “Moscow Raceway” throws up a special challenge: on the Saturday, the eight BMW riders and their rivals are faced with the first wet race of the season. Torrential rain makes the track so wet that the first eight laps must be completed behind the safety car for safety reasons. Wittmann finishes 19th in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM and surrenders the lead in the Drivers’ Championship to Wickens, who wins the race. Martin is the best-placed BMW driver in sixth place in the SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM. After the water fight on Saturday, everyone starts from scratch again in dry conditions on the Sunday – and Wittmann comes up trumps: after impressing on his way to pole position in qualifying, the German claims his second win of the season in race 12 of the year, regaining the championship lead in the process. It is Wittmann’s seventh victory in the 50th DTM race of his career. It also represents the tenth win for BMW Team RMG in its 60th DTM race. Blomqvist, Spengler and Farfus follow him home in second, third and fourth to complete the sixth top-four lock-out for BMW in the DTM.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 12 of 18 races: 1st place – 130 points
Nürburgring, 10th/11th September – The Nürburg in view, sights set on the title.
Whenever Wittmann has won at the Nürburgring, he has gone on to be crowned the DTM champion: when he won his first title back in 2014, he also took his place on the top step of the podium in the Eifel Mountains. This season, he once again represents BMW Team RMG, which is based in nearby Andernach, with a home win. The celebrations know no bounds. Starting from pole for the third time this year, he produces a commanding performance to defends his lead throughout the Saturday race. Blomqvist does a great job of fending off the chasing pack and comes home second in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM to complete BMW’s 19th one-two in the DTM. Wittmann ensures BMW has another milestone to celebrate after Sunday’s race: he finishes third in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM to claim the 250th podium result for BMW in the DTM. Thanks to the most successful race weekend of the year so far, which yields 40 points, Wittmann goes into the final four races of the season with 170 points to his name – 33 more than Edoardo Mortara, who won on Sunday in the “Green Hell”.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 14 of 18 races: 1st place – 170 points
Budapest, 24th/25th September – The lead is diminishing.
Initially everything is going to plan for Wittmann in Budapest at the penultimate DTM weekend of the year. First, he picks up points for finishing seventh in race one, then he crosses the finish line in fourth place on Sunday, after an action-packed race. However, during scrutineering after the 16th race of the season, the stewards come to the conclusion that the underbody of Wittmann’s car did not meet the specified dimensions. The overall leader is excluded from the results. This moves António Félix da Costa up into third place retrospectively and makes him the best-placed BMW driver on Sunday. Wittmann’s lead over Mortara, who wins the Saturday race in Hungary, but fails to pick up any points in the second race, is 14 points heading into the finale in Hockenheim.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 16 of 18 races: 1st place – 176 points
Hockenheim, 15th/16th September – A tough fight with happy ending.
The grand DTM finale in Hockenheim turns into a thriller. Alongside Marco Wittmann, the focus is on the two BMW drivers Martin Tomczyk and António Félix da Costa, whose DTM careers come to an end this weekend. Félix da Costa bids a splendid farewell – and claims pole position for both races. But while the man from Portugal is denied a top result, Wittmann makes his dreams of winning the title come true. He picks up an additional 18 points for finishing second on Saturday, so fourth place on Sunday is enough for him to clinch the glass champion's trophy for the second time after 2014. The big party is underway.
Position in the Drivers’ Championship after 18 of 18 races: 1st place – 206 points

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 18-10-16, 08:41
Administrator

"I had to fight for every point."
Marco Wittmann did it: Thanks to his fourth place at the season finale at the Hockenheimring he was crowned DTM champion for the second time.

This makes Wittmann the first BMW driver to win two drivers' championships in the DTM. He is also the first DTM driver ever to have managed to claim his second title in only his fourth season.
In an interview Wittmann talks about the 2016 DTM season and the decider in Hockenheim.
Marco, two-time DTM Champion – How does that sound to you?
Marco Wittmann: "Fantastic! It's a great feeling that I managed to be the first BMW driver to win two DTM titles. I might have been a little bit more emotional at the finish line the first time. But my success this year proves that the title in 2014 wasn't just a flash in the pan. There aren't many drivers at all who have won the DTM twice. I'm very proud to be part of this elite circle."
What was the key to success at this finale weekend?
Wittmann: "I just kept my cool, as I did throughout the entire season. Sure, our rivals didn't make things easy for us this year. Edoardo Mortara was a fierce rival. He would have deserved the title too. Maybe I was a bit cleverer this season. I kept out of dicey situations and picked up points in almost every race. On top of this were three wins. In the end it was close, but I think that we deserved the title."
When you compare the two seasons 2014 and 2016: Which year was more difficult?
Wittmann: "No one just wins titles. I had to work just as hard to win in 2014 as I did this year. Naturally, it was more exciting for the fans this season since the title wasn't decided until the very last race. In contrast, I clinched the title before the end of the season in 2014. The 2016 DTM season offered fantastic racing. The field was studded with top-class drivers and I had to fight for every point. My rivals didn't make it easy for me, but I kept cool and focussed on my strengths. And the second title was the result."
Edoardo Mortara was your main rival this year: What is your opinion of him?
Wittmann: "I have great respect for him and his performance. He is a fantastic driver and a cool guy. Edo fought like a lion and did everything to make things go his way this weekend. I ended up just in front. Edo, like Jamie Green, who finished third in the drivers' championship, has a fantastic season behind him and delivered a great show for the fans. I think that I'll need to be on my guard next season since Edo will do everything to fight me for the title."
Who would you like to thank in particular for this success?
Wittmann: "My guys at BMW Team RMG and everyone at BMW Motorsport. I feel incredibly at home and know that everyone supported me 100 per cent. As a driver you are nothing without your team. The mechanics and engineers worked hard to provide me with a perfect car. The pit crew were flawless in the races. We win and lose together. We have reason to celebrate after this season. My family also played a big role in my success. They support me. I can allow myself to relax and recharge my batteries for the tasks that I need to master in the DTM."
How will you celebrate this title?
Wittmann: "We're really going to go for it today. The team earned it. No doubt I will have a lot of hands to shake and a lot of congratulations to receive, but it's a pleasure after such a success. After the official part, then things will really get going."

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 19-10-16, 08:13
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 21-10-16, 13:46
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 24-10-16, 09:54
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 07-11-16, 09:56
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 09-01-17, 08:17
Administrator

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές