Επιστροφή   BMW-Motorsport.gr > Αγώνες > Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 16-03-15, 15:41
Το avatar του χρήστη BMW Power
BMW Power Ο χρήστης BMW Power δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
The “Green Hell” is calling

The “Green Hell” is calling: BMW teams with a strong driver-line up for the first appearances of the season on the Nordschleife.

29th March 2014, VLN Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring, Round 1, Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE). Jörg Müller (DE), Marco ...
Munich (DE), 16th March 2015. BMW will be taking on the “Green Hell” once again in 2015: On 28th March, the first race in the VLN Endurance Championship opens the racing season on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE). As in previous years, BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert and BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, each with two works-supported BMW Z4 GT3s, will compete on the most difficult track in the world.

“We're convinced that with BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert and BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, as well as our outstanding driver line-up, we are in an excellent position for the endurance season on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Our team has a mix of old-hands and young talent, who all have experience of the Nordschleife, are familiar with GT racing and are fast even in difficult conditions. With this combination we are ready for success in the special challenges that the Nordschleife has in store once again in 2015.”

The two BMW teams will start the VLN season with some of the most experienced drivers on the Nordschleife. This track is like a second home to Lucas Luhr (DE), Jörg Müller (DE), Dirk Müller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE), Dirk Adorf (DE) and Claudia Hürtgen (DE). They have all celebrated countless victories there. The other drivers – Jens Klingmann (DE), Markus Palttala (FI), winner of the 2014 BMW Sports Trophy, Alexander Sims (GB), Dominik Baumann (AT) and Nick Catsburg (NL) – also have a vast experience of GT racing and the Nordschleife. Richard Westbrook (GB), who has been an established name in international GT racing for many years, makes his debut in the BMW Z4 GT3.

Also, four BMW DTM drivers, notably reigning champion Marco Wittmann (DE), are in action for the VLN and the qualifying races. Augusto Farfus (BR) celebrated overall victory in the 24-hour race with BMW Motorsport in 2010, Maxime Martin (BE) won the heart of fans with strong performances in the Eifel in the past. Martin Tomczyk (DE) and Wittmann have also contested many successful races on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife and are looking to add to their success rate on this track.

BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert and BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS are using the first two VLN races (28th March/25th April) and the qualifying race for the 24 Hours Nürburgring (12th April) to prepare for the endurance classic on 16th/17th May. The selection of drivers used for the preparatory races will also provide the drivers who will take the wheel of the two BMW Z4 GT3s in the 24-hour race.

The first VLN race also gets the new season underway for the participants in the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, which will once again be held as part of the VLN Endurance Championship. After its successful debut last year, when up to 15 cars battled for points and wins, the number of participants for the ten rounds will be even higher in 2015.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 18-03-15, 11:08
Administrator

BMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud ofBMW Power has much to be proud of
Η “Πράσινη Κόλαση” ανοίγει τις πόρτες της: Οι ομάδες της BMW με ένα ισχυρό team οδηγών ετοιμάζονται για το ξεκίνημα της σεζόν στην πίστα Nordschleife.

Μόναχο. Η BMW θα αντιμετωπίσει την “Πράσινη Κόλαση” για μία φορά ακόμα το 2015: Στις 28 Μαρτίου, ο πρώτος αγώνας του Πρωταθλήματος Αντοχής VLN ανοίγει την αγωνιστική σεζόν στο Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE). Όπως και τα προηγούμενα χρόνια, η BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert και η BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, με δύο εργοστασιακές BMW Z4 GT3, θα αγωνιστούν στην πιο απαιτητική πίστα του κόσμου.

«Είμαστε πεπεισμένοι ότι με τις BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert και BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, καθώς και με την εξαιρετική ομάδα οδηγών μας, έχουμε άριστες προοπτικές για τον αγώνα αντοχής του Nürburgring-Nordschleife», δήλωσε ο Αγωνιστικός Διευθυντής της BMW Jens Marquardt. «Η ομάδα μας διαθέτει ένα μίγμα παλιών ‘χεράδων’ και νέων ταλέντων με εμπειρία από τη Nordschleife, εξοικείωση σε αγώνες GT και ταχύτητα ακόμα και σε δύσκολες συνθήκες. Με τέτοιο συνδυασμό είμαστε έτοιμοι ανταπεξέλθουμε με επιτυχία στις ιδιαίτερες προκλήσεις της Nordschleife για μια φορά ακόμα το 2015».

Οι δύο ομάδες της BMW θα ξεκινήσουν τη σεζόν VLN με κάποιους από τους πιο έμπειρους οδηγούς της Nordschleife. Η πίστα είναι σαν δεύτερο σπίτι για τους Lucas Luhr (DE), Jörg Müller (DE), Dirk Müller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE), Dirk Adorf (DE) και Claudia Hürtgen (DE). Όλοι έχουν γιορτάσει αμέτρητες νίκες εδώ. Οι υπόλοιποι οδηγοί – Jens Klingmann (DE), Markus Palttala (FI), νικητής του 2014 BMW Sports Trophy, Alexander Sims (GB), Dominik Baumann (AT) και Nick Catsburg (NL) – διαθέτουν επίσης τεράστια εμπειρία από αγώνες GT και τη Nordschleife. Ο Richard Westbrook (GB), αναγνωρισμένο όνομα σε διεθνείς διοργανώσεις GT επί πολλά χρόνια, κάνει το ντεμπούτο του με BMW Z4 GT3.

Επίσης, τέσσερις οδηγοί BMW DTM, με πρώτο και καλύτερο τον ενεργεία πρωταθλητή Marco Wittmann (DE), προετοιμάζονται για το VLN και τους κατατακτήριους αγώνες. Ο Augusto Farfus (BR) γιόρτασε νίκη γενικής κατάταξης στον 24ωρο αγώνα με τη BMW Motorsport το 2010, ενώ ο Maxime Martin (BE) έχει μαγέψει τους πάντες στο παρελθόν με τις επιδόσεις του στο Eifel. Ο Martin Tomczyk (DE) και ο Wittmann έχουν επίσης τρέξει σε πολλούς επιτυχημένους αγώνες στο Nürburgring-Nordschleife και φιλοδοξούν να προσθέσουν ακόμα περισσότερες επιτυχίες σε αυτή την πίστα.

Οι BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert και BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS χρησιμοποιούν τους δύο πρώτους αγώνες VLN (28 Μαρτίου/25 Απριλίου) και τον κατατακτήριο γύρο για το 24 Hours Nürburgring (12 Απριλίου) σαν προετοιμασία για τον κλασικό αγώνα αντοχής στις 16 /17 Μαΐου. Από την ομάδα των οδηγών που θα τρέξουν στους προπαρασκευαστικούς αγώνες θα αναδειχτούν όσοι τελικά καθίσουν στο τιμόνι των δύο BMW Z4 GT3s στον 24-ωρο αγώνα.

Ο πρώτος αγώνας VLN σηματοδοτεί επίσης την έναρξη της νέας σεζόν για την κατηγορία BMW M235i Racing Cup, που για μία ακόμα φορά θα διεξαχθεί σαν μέρος του Πρωταθλήματος Αντοχής VLN. Μετά το περσινό επιτυχημένο ντεμπούτο, όπου έως και 15 αυτοκίνητα αγωνίστηκαν για βαθμούς και νίκες, ο αριθμός συμμετεχόντων στους δέκα γύρους θα είναι ακόμα υψηλότερος το 2015.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 15-04-15, 12:15
Administrator

BMW wins 24 Hours qualifying race.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert won the qualifying race for the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring.

Dominik Baumann, Claudia Hürtgen, Jens Klingmann and BMW DTM driver Martin Tomczyk in the number 20 BMW Z4 GT3 crossed the finish line ahead of the second-placed Porsche after 41 laps and six hours on the legendary Nordschleife. It was the second win in a row at the 24-hour qualifying race for the BMW Z4 GT3 after the car celebrated a one-two-three-four result in 2014.
The other three BMW Z4 GT3s also put in consistently good performances and finished in the top ten. The second BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert car driven by Dirk Müller, Alexander Sims, Dirk Werner and DTM Champion Marco Wittmann crossed the finish line in fifth. The two BMW Z4 GT3s from Team Walkenhorst Motorsport finished in sixth and seventh. The number 17 car in sixth was driven by BMW works driver John Edwards, Michela Cerruti and Felipe Laser. The sister number 18 car was shared by team principal Henry Walkenhorst, Ralf Oeverhaus and Christian Bollrath.
Like last year the BMW M235i Racing media car also competed in this qualifying race, in action for BMW Motorsport in cooperation with Walkenhorst Motorsport. BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng shared the cockpit with Harald Grohs and motorsport journalist Bernd Ostmann. The trio finished 25th in the overall standings. The number 235 car will also contest the 24-hour race.
First place in the BMW M235i Racing Cup class went to Michele Di Martino and Moritz Oberheim from Team TKS-Motorsport. They finished ahead of the number 306 and 307 cars of Team Bonk Motorsport. Like the 24-hour race, the qualifying race won't count for the rankings in this season’s BMW M235i Racing Cup. Only the results of the VLN races are taken into account.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 24-04-15, 09:09
Administrator

The “dream” team is complete

The “dream” team is complete: Glock and Spengler to team up with Zanardi at the 24-hour classic in Spa for BMW Motorsport.

Munich (DE) 24th April 2015. BMW Motorsport, BMW works drivers Bruno Spengler (CA), Alessandro Zanardi (IT), Timo Glock (DE). ...

Munich (DE), 24th April 2015. The driver line-up has been announced for a very special motorsport project: BMW works driver Alessandro Zanardi (IT) will contest the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps (BE) alongside BMW DTM drivers Timo Glock (DE) and Bruno Spengler (CA).

The 67th running of the marathon at the “Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps” will take place on 25th/26th July 2015. Zanardi, Glock and Spengler will share the cockpit of a specially modified BMW Z4 GT3. All three drivers have been permanent fixtures in international motorsport for many years and have celebrated huge success in various race series. Spa-Francorchamps will mark the first time that the trio takes on the challenges of a 24-hour race together. The car will be run by the ROAL Motorsport team, with which Zanardi made his highly acclaimed return to racing back in 2003.

The BMW Motorsport engineers are developing new technical solutions for this unique project. For the first time, BMW Brand Ambassador Zanardi, who lost both his legs in a crash in 2001, will swap places at the wheel of the BMW Z4 GT3 with fully-abled drivers. Various modifications to the car make it possible to complete the driver changeovers between Zanardi, Glock and Spengler within the shortest time possible. The engineers at BMW Motorsport are also working together with the drivers to ensure the steering wheel, seat and pedals are perfectly positioned.

“At BMW Motorsport we usually avoid using superlatives, but this project in this form is unique and very special to us,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “We were able to turn a few wishes into reality. Alex's dream of competing in a 24-hour race will come true. And Timo and Bruno have also been waiting to compete in a classic such as the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. The fact that they get to do this alongside Alex as part of this unique project is a real highlight for both of them. All three of them have a wealth of experience in many different areas. It will be really exciting to see them together in the BMW Z4 GT3. Our BMW Motorsport engineers are also fascinated by this unusual project. They are really enthusiastic about working with the drivers to find the optimal technical solutions. We are confident that we will have a great 24-hour race with this unique trio of drivers and our BMW Z4 GT3.”

“Timo and Bruno are two fantastic people, great guys and outstanding racing drivers,” said Zanardi. “I think we will form a really strong team. Everyone in the BMW Motorsport family has a very close relationship. However, one thing really touched me: when we started planning for the 24-hour race, everyone was hooked immediately. That makes me very proud, since they are all real racers who want to be successful. That showed me that they all believe in me and trust me to be competitive enough. They not only see it as an adventure to drive with me at this endurance race, but also believe they have a good chance of getting a good result for BMW. That is definitely what we will be aiming for.

“When BMW asked me whether I would be willing to get involved in this project, I did not hesitate for a second,” said Glock. “Alex had already told me in the winter that he really wanted to do a 24-hour race at some point. Back then I told him I would definitely be on board if he and BMW were to embark such a fantastic venture. And now that opportunity has actually presented itself. It is an incredibly exciting project. It requires a completely different approach to usual. It is also a very emotional project for me as I have always followed Alex Zanardi ever since his time in Formula One and ChampCar. It is fantastic to share a car with him now.”

“I am really looking forward to the 24-hour race at Spa-Francorchamps,” said Spengler. “I drove the 24 Hours of Daytona in January and really enjoyed it. But the fact that BMW is now giving me the opportunity to race alongside Alex in a BMW Z4 GT3 is amazing. It really is an honour for me to be part of this team. This project will be a great experience for me, and I am very motivated. Alex, Timo and I are a good team and I can hardly wait to compete together.”

In preparation for the endurance classic, Zanardi, Glock and Spengler will race in the Blancpain Endurance Series at the “Circuit Paul Ricard” in Le Castellet (FR) on 19th and 20th June. The three BMW works drivers will then take part in the official test for the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps on 24th June.

Facts and Figures.

Alessandro Zanardi.

Date of birth: 23rd October 1966
Birthplace: Bologna (IT)
Residence: Padua (IT)
Family status: married, one son

Racing career.

2014 Blancpain Sprint Series with BMW
2004-2009 FIA World Touring Car Championship with BMW (four wins)
2003 Comeback with BMW in the FIA European Touring Car Championship
2001 CART Championship, serious crash on 15th September at the Lausitzring, in which he lost both legs
1999 Formula One
1997/1998 CART World Series (2x champion)
1996 IndyCar World Series
199-1994 Formula One

Timo Glock.

Date of birth: 18th March 1982
Birthplace: Lindenfels (DE)
Residence: Landschlacht (CH)
Family status: married, one son

Racing career.

since 2013 BMW works driver in the DTM
2008-2012 Formula One
2007 1st place GP2 Championship, Formula One test driver for the BMW Sauber F1 Team
2005 ChampCar World Series, Rookie of the Year
2004 Formula One
2001 1st place Formula BMW ADAC Championship
2000 1st place BMW ADAC Formula Junior Cup

Bruno Spengler.

Date of birth: 23rd August 1983
Birthplace: Schiltigheim (FR)
Residence: Möhlin (CH)
Family status: single

Racing career.

since 2012 BMW works driver in the DTM, DTM Champion in 2012 with the BMW M3 DTM
2005-2011 DTM
2002 1st place Formula Renault North America, 2nd place Formula Renault Germany

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 27-04-15, 12:02
Administrator

Impressive fightback.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS finished fifth and sixth in the final race ahead of the Nürburgring 24 Hour.

The second round of the VLN Endurance Championship was dominated by the typically unsettled Eifel weather. The rain started to fall in qualifying, making the battle for grid positions something of a lottery. BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS was unlucky with the timing of its fastest laps and started the four-hour race from down in 26th place with the number 26 BMW Z4 GT3. The number 25 car was hampered by a puncture, and was consequently forced to start the race from the back of the initial 63-car field.
The race commenced on a dry track, with Lucas Luhr, Maxime Martin, Markus Palttala and Richard Westbrook in the number 25 car, and Dirk Adorf, Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller in the number 26 car wasting no time in working their way up the field. A heavy shower shortly before the halfway point mixed the field up again, but BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS defied the extremely difficult conditions to finish strongly. The number 25 car came home fifth, while car number 26 ended the race in sixth place.
The Walkenhorst Motorsport team also fielded two BMW Z4 GT3s. John Edwards shared the driving duties in the number 36 car with Michela Cerruti and Felipe Fernándes Laser. The trio were running in a strong sixth place until just a few laps from the end, but were then forced to retire from the race with a technical problem. The number 35 car failed to finish after being involved in a crash through no fault of its own.
Victory in the first race of the BMW M235i Racing Cup class went to Scheid Motorsport’s “Eifelblitz” car. Drivers Uwe Ebertz, Michael Schrey and Jörg Weidinger in the number 666 car came home ahead of the Adrenalin Motorsport and MPB Racing teams in second and third respectively. The field comprised 21 BMW M235i Racings. In total, BMW drivers claimed six class wins at the 40th DMV 4-Hour Race.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 27-04-15, 12:09
Administrator

Nürburgring 24 Hours: start list published for highlight of season.
The countdown is on: it is now just three weeks (16th/17th May) until the highlight of the endurance season at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, in the form of the iconic 24-hour race.

As it does every year, the starting grid will feature a large contingent of BMW racing cars. In the SP9 class for GT3 cars, a total of six BMW Z4 GT3s will be in action. BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert and BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will both field two BMW Z4 GT3s. Dirk Werner, Dirk Müller, Alexander Sims and DTM champion Marco Wittmann will compete in BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert’s number 19 BMW Z4 GT3. The second BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert car – number 20 – will be driven by Jens Klingmann, Dominik Baumann, Claudia Hürtgen and BMW DTM driver Martin Tomczyk. This quartet was victorious a fortnight ago at the six-hour qualifying race for the 24 Hours on the Nordschleife.
At the wheel of the number 25 BMW Z4 GT3 of BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will be BMW DTM driver Maxime Martin, Lucas Luhr, Markus Palttala and Richard Westbrook. The number 26 BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS car also boasts a strong squad of drivers in Jörg Müller, Nick Catsburg, Dirk Adorf and Augusto Farfus from the DTM.
Walkenhorst Motorsport will field a further two BMW Z4 GT3s: John Edwards, Michela Cerruti, Felipe Laser and Ferdinand Stuck will drive the number 17 car. The second car, number 18, will be shared by team principal Henry Walkenhorst, Ralf Oeverhaus, Christian Bollrath and Stefan Aust. In addition, more than 40 other BMW racing cars will compete in the various classes in the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. Fifteen cars have registered for the BMW M235i Racing Cup, the Cup 5 class. As it did last year, the BMW M235i Racing media car will compete again in 2015. This will be run by BMW Motorsport in cooperation with Walkenhorst Motorsport. It will be driven by BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng and Harald Grohs, together with motorsport journalists Bernd Ostmann and Christian Gebhardt.

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 11-05-15, 15:52
Administrator

Highlight at the "Green Hell": BMW Sports Trophy teams are ready for the Nürburgring 24 Hours.

Nürburgring (DE), 25th April 2015. VLN Langstreckenmeisterschaft, Nordschleife, BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, BMW Z4 GT3. ...

Munich (DE), 11th May 2015. The "Green Hell" is calling: The highlight of the endurance season for the BMW teams is scheduled for this weekend. The BMW Sports Trophy teams will be represented by strong drivers at the 24-hour race on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE), which will be run for the 43rd time this year. Six BMW Z4 GT3s will compete in the SP9 class and want to be fighting for the top places in the overall standings. Then there are the starters in the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, a BMW M235i Racing entered by BMW Motorsport as a media car and naturally a large number of privateers in their BMW cars.
"We are all really looking forward to the highlight of the endurance season and are convinced that we are in an excellent position with our two teams and our outstanding driver line-up," said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. "Two further privateer BMW Z4 GT3 complete our squad in the SP9 class. On top of this, in collaboration with Walkenhorst Motorsport, we will once again field a BMW M235i Racing media car. Two renowned motorsport journalists will be given the opportunity to contest the endurance classic alongside Harald Grohs and BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng. I look forward to wishing our GT cars the best in the battle for the top places, following the gripping duels in the BMW M235i Racing, as well as watching the many BMW privateers go on their hunt through the 'Green Hell'."
As a result of the tragic accident at the first VLN race for safety reasons there will be speed limits on some of the dangerous sections of track at this year's 24-hour race. Teams and drivers were given enough time to get used to these new conditions during the preparation race.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert will compete on the Nordschleife for the fourth time with works support from BMW Motorsport, and will field two BMW Z4 GT3s. Car number 19 will be driven by Dirk Werner (DE), Dirk Müller (DE), Alexander Sims (GB) and DTM Champion Marco Wittmann (DE). The cockpit of car number 20 will once again be shared by Dominik Baumann (AT), Claudia Hürtgen (DE), Jens Klingmann (DE) and BMW DTM driver Martin Tomczyk (DE). The quartet celebrated victory at the six-hour qualifying race in mid April.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will also contest the race with works support and a top-class driver line-up. Lucas Luhr (DE), Markus Palttala (FI), BMW DTM driver Maxime Martin (BE) and Richard Westbrook (GB) will take it in turns at the wheel of the number 25 BMW Z4 GT3. Car number 26 will be driven by Jörg Müller (DE), Nick Catsburg (NL), Dirk Adorf (DE) and BMW DTM driver Augusto Farfus (BR). In addition to these four cars, the Walkenhorst Motorsport team will field two BMW Z4 GT3s in the SP9 class.
A total of 15 teams have registered for the BMW M235i Racing Cup. A 16th BMW M235i Racing will be fielded by BMW Motorsport in collaboration with Walkenhorst Motorsport. The two motorsport journalists Bernd Ostmann (DE) and Christian Gebhardt (DE) will share the car with Harald Grohs (DE) and BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng (SE).
Driver quotes ahead of the 24-hour race.
Dirk Müller (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 19):
"I can hardly wait to get started. As in previous years, there will be a large number of cars driving for the win. But the past has repeatedly shown that you need to get through the race without making any mistakes or getting even so much as a scratch on the car. Then you are in with a chance of being at the front at the end of the race. This is the target we have set ourselves. We are extremely well prepared, have four outstanding cars with fantastic drivers, two good teams and also two very good cars from Walkenhorst Motorsport. So we are in a great position - and the many BMW fans supporting us at the track give us that extra momentum."
Marco Wittmann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 19):
"I'm looking forward to racing in the BMW Z4 GT3. The 24-hour race is the highlight of the year in endurance racing. The proximity to fans, countless spectators and the unique Nordschleife make this event really special. That's what makes it so appealing to drive there. Our aim is to win the 24-hour race. I hope that, together with my team-mates, I will be able to deliver a good performance and that we will be able to fight for the win."
Jens Klingmann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 20):
"The 24-hour race on the Nürburgring is one of my personal highlights every year. The four of us know each other very well. We drove together last year and are an established team. It's the final year that we will compete in the BMW Z4 GT3. Which is why all of us are even more motivated, and the objective is clear; to see BMW get the overall win again at this endurance classic. We are well prepared and will give it our all to achieve this goal."
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 20):
"As a DTM driver, the race is special to me in many ways. It is a nice change to race in the fantastic BMW Z4 GT3. And the approach is different; we aren't in a sprint race, rather a 24-hour race, and I'm sharing the cockpit with three very strong team-mates. Our task is to get through the race without incident, while driving at the necessary speed. But you can never lose sight of the pitfalls of the Nordschleife. My aim is definitely to win the race. It's the third time that I will compete for BMW there. It was very close last year, but you always need that little bit of luck at the Nürburgring. I hope that there won't be any freak weather conditions."
Lucas Luhr (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 25):
"The 24-hour race at the Nürburgring is the absolute highlight of the season, and it has always been my personal highlight of the year. The Nordschleife is still the best racetrack in the world. I grew up just around the corner, so it is like a home race for me, which I am incredibly excited about. It will be a challenge, but one that we all enjoy taking on."
Maxime Martin (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 25):
"The Nürburgring 24 Hours is a very special event. We are well equipped and will try to get the overall win. We have a strong driver line-up and an outstanding car, and the team is extremely well prepared. I'm looking forward to contesting the race and trying to attack at the front."
Dirk Adorf (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 26):
"Just like every year, the anticipation is immense. The 24-hour race is a real highlight for BMW Motorsport – and for me too, because I get to drive in my "back garden". The competition is extremely strong, but we have the advantage of an extremely powerful driver line-up and a very well organised car. If we also have that little bit of luck, we should be able to be up there at the top. The first one and a half hours really count. There is so much chaos and it is important to get through it well, not get confused and to find a good race rhythm quickly. The field has sorted itself out after 12 hours, and if you are still doing well after 18 hours then you are up there at the front at the end."
Augusto Farfus (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 26):
"I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I just love this track and this event. Everything about the Nürburgring 24 Hours is special - the track, the fans, the whole setting. It is one of the best races in the world, and it is great fun contesting this race every time. We will try to get the win. We have a very strong overall package with an outstanding car - and I can't wait to get started."

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 11-05-15, 16:48
Administrator

Double podium for BMW Sports Trophy Team Brasil.
A successful Sunday of racing for BMW Sports Trophy Team Brasil: At the second race of the season in Brands Hatch, Átila Abreu and Valdeno Brito in the number 77 BMW Z4 GT3 celebrated a double podium with two second places.

The Brazilian duo finished third in the one-hour qualifying race held early on Sunday afternoon. Abreu/Brito later moved up into second after a time penalty was awarded to the original team who finished second. Abreu was initially in third in the main race in the afternoon, but he and his team-mate made up a position during a pit stop. Brito refused to relinquish this second place during the second half of the race. “Two second places is a wonderful gift,” said Abreu, who celebrated his 28th birthday on Sunday. Brito added: “If someone had told me we would finish second after finishing sixth in qualifying yesterday, I wouldn’t have believed them. But we did a good job and the team was fantastic during the pit stops, which are crucial. I’m delighted.” Their team-mates Sergio Jimenez and Caca Bueno in the number 0 BMW Z4 GT3 finished in a strong fourth place in both races. Joe Osborne and Lee Mowle finished second and third in the Pro-Am class (15th and 16th overall) at their home race in the number 888 Triple Eight Racing BMW Z4 GT3 .

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 11-05-15, 16:49
Administrator

BMW Sports Trophy teams are ready for the Nürburgring 24 Hours.
The "Green Hell" is calling: The highlight of the endurance season for the BMW teams is scheduled for this weekend.

The "Green Hell" is calling: The highlight of the endurance season for the BMW teams is scheduled for this weekend. The BMW Sports Trophy teams will be represented by strong drivers at the 24-hour race on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, which will be run for the 43rd time this year. Six BMW Z4 GT3s will compete in the SP9 class and want to be fighting for the top places in the overall standings. Then there are the starters in the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, a BMW M235i Racing entered by BMW Motorsport as a media car and naturally a large number of privateers in their BMW cars.
"We are all really looking forward to the highlight of the endurance season and are convinced that we are in an excellent position with our two teams and our outstanding driver line-up," said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. "Two further privateer BMW Z4 GT3 complete our squad in the SP9 class. On top of this, in collaboration with Walkenhorst Motorsport, we will once again field a BMW M235i Racing media car. Two renowned motorsport journalists will be given the opportunity to contest the endurance classic alongside Harald Grohs and BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng. I look forward to wishing our GT cars the best in the battle for the top places, following the gripping duels in the BMW M235i Racing, as well as watching the many BMW privateers go on their hunt through the 'Green Hell'."
As a result of the tragic accident at the first VLN race for safety reasons there will be speed limits on some of the dangerous sections of track at this year's 24-hour race. Teams and drivers were given enough time to get used to these new conditions during the preparation race.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert will compete on the Nordschleife for the fourth time with works support from BMW Motorsport, and will field two BMW Z4 GT3s. Car number 19 will be driven by Dirk Werner, Dirk Müller, Alexander Sims and DTM Champion Marco Wittmann. The cockpit of car number 20 will once again be shared by Dominik Baumann, Claudia Hürtgen, Jens Klingmann and BMW DTM driver Martin Tomczyk. The quartet celebrated victory at the six-hour qualifying race in mid April.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will also contest the race with works support and a top-class driver line-up. Lucas Luhr, Markus Palttala, BMW DTM driver Maxime Martin and Richard Westbrook will take it in turns at the wheel of the number 25 BMW Z4 GT3. Car number 26 will be driven by Jörg Müller, Nick Catsburg, Dirk Adorf and BMW DTM driver Augusto Farfus. In addition to these four cars, the Walkenhorst Motorsport team will field two BMW Z4 GT3s in the SP9 class.
A total of 15 teams have registered for the BMW M235i Racing Cup. A 16th BMW M235i Racing will be fielded by BMW Motorsport in collaboration with Walkenhorst Motorsport. The two motorsport journalists Bernd Ostmann and Christian Gebhardt will share the car with Harald Grohs and BMW Motorsport Junior Victor Bouveng.
Driver quotes ahead of the 24-hour race.
Dirk Müller (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 19):
"I can hardly wait to get started. As in previous years, there will be a large number of cars driving for the win. But the past has repeatedly shown that you need to get through the race without making any mistakes or getting even so much as a scratch on the car. Then you are in with a chance of being at the front at the end of the race. This is the target we have set ourselves. We are extremely well prepared, have four outstanding cars with fantastic drivers, two good teams and also two very good cars from Walkenhorst Motorsport. So we are in a great position - and the many BMW fans supporting us at the track give us that extra momentum."
Marco Wittmann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 19):
"I'm looking forward to racing in the BMW Z4 GT3. The 24-hour race is the highlight of the year in endurance racing. The proximity to fans, countless spectators and the unique Nordschleife make this event really special. That's what makes it so appealing to drive there. Our aim is to win the 24-hour race. I hope that, together with my team-mates, I will be able to deliver a good performance and that we will be able to fight for the win."
Jens Klingmann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 20):
"The 24-hour race on the Nürburgring is one of my personal highlights every year. The four of us know each other very well. We drove together last year and are an established team. It's the final year that we will compete in the BMW Z4 GT3. Which is why all of us are even more motivated, and the objective is clear; to see BMW get the overall win again at this endurance classic. We are well prepared and will give it our all to achieve this goal."
Martin Tomczyk (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 20):
"As a DTM driver, the race is special to me in many ways. It is a nice change to race in the fantastic BMW Z4 GT3. And the approach is different; we aren't in a sprint race, rather a 24-hour race, and I'm sharing the cockpit with three very strong team-mates. Our task is to get through the race without incident, while driving at the necessary speed. But you can never lose sight of the pitfalls of the Nordschleife. My aim is definitely to win the race. It's the third time that I will compete for BMW there. It was very close last year, but you always need that little bit of luck at the Nürburgring. I hope that there won't be any freak weather conditions."
Lucas Luhr (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 25):
"The 24-hour race at the Nürburgring is the absolute highlight of the season, and it has always been my personal highlight of the year. The Nordschleife is still the best racetrack in the world. I grew up just around the corner, so it is like a home race for me, which I am incredibly excited about. It will be a challenge, but one that we all enjoy taking on."
Maxime Martin (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 25):
"The Nürburgring 24 Hours is a very special event. We are well equipped and will try to get the overall win. We have a strong driver line-up and an outstanding car, and the team is extremely well prepared. I'm looking forward to contesting the race and trying to attack at the front."
Dirk Adorf (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 26):
"Just like every year, the anticipation is immense. The 24-hour race is a real highlight for BMW Motorsport – and for me too, because I get to drive in my "back garden". The competition is extremely strong, but we have the advantage of an extremely powerful driver line-up and a very well organised car. If we also have that little bit of luck, we should be able to be up there at the top. The first one and a half hours really count. There is so much chaos and it is important to get through it well, not get confused and to find a good race rhythm quickly. The field has sorted itself out after 12 hours, and if you are still doing well after 18 hours then you are up there at the front at the end."
Augusto Farfus (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 26):
"I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I just love this track and this event. Everything about the Nürburgring 24 Hours is special - the track, the fans, the whole setting. It is one of the best races in the world, and it is great fun contesting this race every time. We will try to get the win. We have a very strong overall package with an outstanding car - and I can't wait to get started."

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 16-05-15, 13:14
Administrator

Poleposition in the "Hell".
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS and BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert established excellent starting positions for the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring.

Augusto Farfus landed the number 26 BMW Z4 GT3 on pole position for BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS. The BMW DTM driver clocked a time of 8:17.394 minutes for the faster of his two qualifying laps on the iconic Nordschleife. This is the first pole position for the BMW Z4 GT3 since 2012 and the first time BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS has set the fastest qualifying time in the Eifel Mountains.
Jens Klingmann qualified third in the number 20 BMW Z4 GT3, fielded by BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, closely followed by his team-mate Dirk Müller in the number 19 car. Maxime Martin was sixth fastest in BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS’s second BMW Z4 GT3. The fifth BMW in the Top-30 Qualifying session – that of the Walkenhorst Motorsport team – qualified 26th with Felipe Férnandez Laser at the wheel.
In the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, pole position went to the “Eifelblitz” car: Michael Schrey, Max Partl, Uwe Ebertz and Jörg Weidinger start the race from first place in the number 303 BMW M235i Racing. The 43rd staging of the endurance classic gets underway at 16:00 on Saturday.
Reactions to Top-30 Qualifying for the Nürburgring 24 Hours.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“Congratulations to Augusto Farfus and BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS. Augusto and the Nordschleife have a very special relationship. To improve by five tenths of a second on his second lap is worthy of the utmost respect. Our other qualifying drivers also did a great job. Having four cars on the first three rows of the grid puts us in a very good starting position for the race. However, our opposition is extremely strong, as we saw both yesterday and today. Although it is nice to be right at the front of the grid, the race is not decided at the start, but at the end of the 24 hours.”
Augusto Farfus (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 26, 1st):
“It is great to be on pole position, and to have completed two clear laps of the Nordschleife without any traffic. That is an awesome experience. However, the starting position is not the be all and end all at a 24-hour race. We know that we have a strong car and an equally strong team. Hopefully we can capitalise on that in the race and be just as successful as we have been in qualifying.”
Jens Klingmann (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 20, 3rd):
“Augusto showed today that he is one of the fastest drivers on the Nordschleife. Congratulations to him on the pole position. I am also very happy to have been able to convert the speed of the car into a very good starting position in the Top-30 Qualifying. That is a very good starting position for the car, because you are able to keep out of the close battles in the middle of the pack in the first few corners. Despite this, a 24-hour race is obviously very long – and we have not won anything yet.”
Dirk Müller (BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, car number 19, 4th):
“I am very happy. Fourth place on the grid is a fantastic result. To have two completely clear laps of the Nordschleife – that only happens very rarely. Therefore, I really enjoyed qualifying in the BMW Z4 GT3. I would like to thank the team for providing me with a perfect car. Four BMWs in the top six: that is a great basis for tomorrow’s race.”
Maxime Martin (BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, car number 25, 6th):
“Unfortunately I lost some time overtaking a Porsche on my second flying lap. Despite that, sixth place on the grid is absolutely fine. We can be happy with that. After all, this is a 24-hour race. An awful lot can happen. One thing is clear: our BMW Z4 GT3 has the pace. I am looking forward to the race. Anything is possible.”
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert
No 19 BMW Z4 GT3, Dirk Werner (DE), Marco Wittmann (DE), Dirk Müller (DE), Alexander Sims (GB) – 4th
No 20 BMW Z4 GT3, Claudia Hürtgen (DE), Dominik Baumann (AT), Jens Klingmann (DE), Martin Tomczyk (DE) – 3rd
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS
No 25 BMW Z4 GT3, Maxime Martin (BE), Lucas Luhr (DE), Richard Westbrook (GB), Markus Palttala (FI) – 6th
No 26 BMW Z4 GT3, Dirk Adorf (DE), Augusto Farfus (BR), Nick Catsburg (NL), Jörg Müller (DE) – 1st
Walkenhorst Motorsport powered by Dunlop
No 17 BMW Z4 GT3, Felipe Laser (DE), Michela Cerruti (IT), John Edwards (US), Daniel Keilwitz (DE) – 26th
No 18 BMW Z4 GT3, Henry Walkenhorst (DE), Ralf Oeverhaus (DE), Christian Bollrath (DE), Stefan Aust (DE) – 36th
BMW M235i Racing media car
No 235 BMW M235i Racing, Bernd Ostmann (DE), Christian Gebhardt (DE), Victor Bouveng (SE), Harald Grohs (DE) – 2nd (SP 8T)

www.bmw-motorsport.gr
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων
Τρόποι εμφάνισης

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές