BMW-Motorsport.gr

BMW-Motorsport.gr (https://www.bmw-motorsport.gr/forums/index.php)
-   Διάφορα (Αγωνιστικά) Θέματα (https://www.bmw-motorsport.gr/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   DTM 2013 (https://www.bmw-motorsport.gr/forums/showthread.php?t=30920)

BMW Power 18-01-13 08:14

DTM 2013

1 Συνημμένο(α)
Maxime Martin is the new test and development driver for BMW Motorsport in the DTM and set to start in the ALMS.

Munich (DE), 14th January 2013. Maxime Martin (BE) has been promoted to the ranks of BMW works drivers for the 2013 season. The 26-year-old will replace Marco Wittmann (DE) as test and development driver in the DTM and will also contest the complete season in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) for BMW Team RLL.
“We are delighted to welcome Maxime into our family of BMW works drivers,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “He earned this promotion thanks to his fantastic performances last season. I am particularly proud that he made it into our squad of works drivers via the BMW Sports Trophy. This shows the high esteem in which we hold BMW privateers, as well as the high standard of participants in the BMW Sports Trophy.”
Martin finished runner-up in the Drivers’ Championship in the 2012 Blancpain Endurance Series and also enjoyed success in the ADAC GT Masters. In 2013 he will contest all ten ALMS races in the new BMW Z4 GTE, and will also be present at seven of the ten DTM race weekends. He will make his debut in North America at the wheel of a Turner Motorsport BMW M3 at the 24 Hours of Daytona (US) at the end of January.
“I am very happy and think this is a good way to start my career as a BMW works driver,” said Martin. “I have the opportunity to get to know the DTM team and gain valuable experience. Driving for BMW Team RLL in the ALMS is a big challenge for me, as I have never raced in North America. I am really looking forward to it. My career path shows how beneficial it is to have BMW watching you so closely and offering great support within the framework of the BMW Sports Trophy.”

An overview of Maxime Martin’s career:
2005 1st place in the Mini Cooper World Cup
2006 4th place in Formula Renault 1.6
2007 3rd place in the Eurocup Megane Trophy
2008 1st place in the French Renault Clio Cup
2nd place in the Eurocup Megane Trophy
2009 1st place G3 class in the Spa-Francorchamps 24hrs
2010 14th place in the FIA GT1 World Championship
1st place in the 1000 km of Spa
2011 6th place in the FIA GT1 World Championship
2012 2nd place in the Blancpain Endurance Series

BMW Power 22-01-13 12:01

DTM 2013

Timo Glock tests the BMW M3 DTM in Valencia.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...8782601198.jpg

Timo Glock will take to the track at the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM this week. The German driver is in Valencia for BMW Motorsport’s first DTM tests of the year, during which he will familiarise himself with the car and be put through his paces at the “Circuit de la Comunitat”.

“We are pleased to be able to offer Timo Glock the opportunity to get to know our BMW M3 DTM in Valencia,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Timo has demonstrated his driving ability over many years, particularly in Formula One. It is made all the nicer by the fact that he is, to a certain degree, returning to his roots in testing for BMW Motorsport.”
“I have fond memories of my time with BMW Motorsport and am very excited about testing the BMW M3 DTM,” said Glock. “Furthermore, I am bound to see a few familiar faces in Valencia from my previous time with BMW. I am really looking forward to it.”
Glock acquired the necessary tools for his successful career in single-seater racing while competing in the Formula BMW series in 2000 and 2001. The German driver won the Formula BMW ADAC Championship in 2001. Three years later he made his first appearance in Formula One, when he made his debut for the Jordan team at the Canadian Grand Prix.
In 2007, Glock returned to the BMW Motorsport fold. Together with three-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel, Glock was a test driver for the BMW Sauber F1 Team. He also took the title in the GP2 Championship in the same year. Since 2008 he has lined up as a regular driver for various teams in Formula One, and currently has 91 races to his name.

BMW Power 25-01-13 08:40

BMW Motorsport completes first DTM test of the year.

10 Συνημμένο(α)

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/downl...600&quality=80

Valencia (ES) 19th January 2013. BMW Motorsport, BMW Bank M3 DTM.

Valencia (ES), 24th January 2013. BMW Motorsport has successfully completed the first DTM test week of the year in Valencia (ES). Between Tuesday and Thursday, BMW works drivers Bruno Spengler (CA), Augusto Farfus (BR), Andy Priaulx (GB), Martin Tomczyk (DE) and Marco Wittmann (DE) were on duty at the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM. Only on Thursday morning did heavy rain interrupt the test programme.
Timo Glock (DE), who has 91 Formula One starts to his name, and BMW Sports Trophy winner Thomas Biagi (IT) were making their debuts in a DTM car. Biagi received the test as reward for his first place in BMW’s privateer competition in 2012. Newcomers BMW Team MTEK also took to the track for the first time in Valencia.
The tests at the 4.005-kilometre “Circuit de la Comunitat” heralded the start of the hottest phase of preparations for the new DTM season, in which BMW Motorsport will line up as defending champions in the driver, team and manufacturer competitions. The first race will take place in Hockenheim (DE) on 5th May 2013.
Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“Everyone at BMW Motorsport and all of our teams were desperately looking forward to the first test of the year. Our new team, BMW Team MTEK, enjoyed its first outing and Marco Wittmann took to the track as a regular DTM driver for the first time. Furthermore, Timo Glock and BMW Sports Trophy winner Thomas Biagi also made their debuts at the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM. That was a successful start to our preparations. However, we still have a lot of work ahead of us before the DTM season-opener on 5th May. At any rate, it is nice the new season is gaining momentum.”
Bruno Spengler:
“As soon as I stepped out of the plane in Valencia, I was immediately looking forward to getting back in the car after the long break. It was a very special feeling to drive out of the garage with the number one on my car for the first time. On the opening few laps it felt as though I had never got out of the car after the 2012 finale in Hockenheim.”
Augusto Farfus:
“It is good to be back in the car after such a long time. I can hardly wait for the season to finally get underway. The test in Valencia was very productive, even though we were not able to take full advantage of the time due to the heavy rain on Thursday morning.”
Andy Priaulx:
“It is just nice to be back behind the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM. I finished the 2012 season with a good result in Hockenheim, and I would obviously like to continue where I left off in the new season. The test here in Valencia was a very promising start.”
Martin Tomczyk:
“The BMW M3 DTM feels just as good as it did last season. Although the test programme was affected a bit by some gusty winds, we were able to try everything we wanted. I am very confident and looking forward to the next stage of our preparations.”
Marco Wittmann:
“The first test went well. I am happy and am delighted to have made my debut as a regular driver in the BMW M3 DTM. The car does not feel any different to drive than the one I had last year as test and development driver. However, the prospect of lining up with this car at a DTM race in Hockenheim in May made this first outing rather special for me.”
Timo Glock:
“My first impressions of the BMW M3 DTM were very positive. It did not take me long to get used to the car, and I came to understand it better with every lap. The fact that we were able to test in all conditions, from wet to dry, was perfect. I have been given a sensational welcome by everyone in the BMW Motorsport team, and even knew a few people from my time as a test driver for the BMW Sauber F1 Team.”
Thomas Biagi:
“Ever since I first heard that BMW Motorsport was returning to the DTM, I have dreamed of one day driving this BMW M3 DTM. That dream came true today. I knew I would enjoy this moment. But now, after 66 laps at the wheel of this unbelievable car, I’m simply speechless. I would like to say a big thank you to BMW Motorsport for giving me this chance, and for the great support that privateers like me receive through the BMW Sports Trophy.”

BMW Power 25-01-13 08:41

10 Συνημμένο(α)

BMW Power 25-01-13 08:52

BMW Sports Trophy winner Thomas Biagi enjoys DTM taster.

https://mediapool.bmwgroup.com/downl...600&quality=80

Valencia (ES) 24th January 2013. BMW Motorsport, Thomas Biagi (IT) on Martin Tomczyk`s BMW M Performance Parts M3 DTM.

Valencia (ES), 24th January 2013. Thomas Biagi (IT) received his prize for winning the 2012 BMW Sports Trophy in Valencia (ES): in sunshine and 16 degrees Celsius, Biagi completed a total of 66 laps in the BMW M3 DTM on Thursday. BMW Motorsport presented this unique driving opportunity, along with a cheque for 30,000 Euros, for the first time last year as a reward for finishing first in the traditional privateer competition.
“Through their international commitments, privateers like Thomas Biagi are such excellent representatives of BMW in motor racing that it is an honour for us to give something back to these ambassadors,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Our return to the DTM gave us the opportunity to reward the winner with a drive in a thrilling car like the BMW M3 DTM, as well as a healthy amount of prize money. The chance to take to the track in a BMW M3 DTM was an extra motivation for everyone who entered the 2012 BMW Sports Trophy. Thomas did a good job. He was able to get an accurate impression of just what our DTM car is capable of.”
The outing at the “Circuit de la Comunitat” was a unique experience for Biagi, who won the 2012 Italian GT Championship in his BMW Z4 GT3. “Ever since I first heard that BMW Motorsport was returning to the DTM, I have dreamed of one day driving this BMW M3 DTM,” said Biagi. “That dream came true today. The BMW M3 DTM is an amazing machine. I knew I would enjoy my time here in Valencia. But now, after 66 laps at the wheel of this magnificent car, I’m almost speechless. I would like to say a big thank you to BMW Motorsport for giving me this chance, and for the great support that privateers like me receive through the BMW Sports Trophy.”
The BMW Sports Trophy enters its 52nd year in 2013. Privateers from around the world can submit their race results to BMW over the course of the season. They then receive points towards the privateer competition and, depending on how successful they are come the end of the year, may be honoured as one of the season’s top 25 BMW Sports Trophy participants. In total, BMW Motorsport presents a prize purse of 250,000 Euros.
Biagi came through against 242 fellow participants in 2012, and was rewarded for his efforts with the drive in the BMW M3 DTM. In 2013, as well as the prize money, support and acknowledgement of BMW Motorsport, the top BMW privateer can once again look forward to a very special driving experience in the BMW M3 DTM.

BMW Power 25-01-13 12:40

Timo Glock returns to the BMW family.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9106826213.jpg

Timo Glock will line up for BMW Motorsport in the DTM in 2013. This completes the squad of drivers for the new season. Alongside Glock, reigning DTM champion Bruno Spengler, Augusto Farfus, Joey Hand, Andy Priaulx, Martin Tomczyk, Dirk Werner and Marco Wittmann will take their places behind the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM.

“We are delighted to have Timo Glock back at BMW Motorsport,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Over the course of his career, Timo has proven on more than one occasion how valuable he is to any team, thanks to his driving ability and open manner. The fact that he is now returning to the BMW family six years after leaving his role as test driver for the BMW Sauber F1 Team makes this appointment all the more pleasing. I am confident Timo will take no time at all to find his feet in the DTM and will give the fans a lot of pleasure.”
Glock started out on his racing career in the Formula BMW junior programme. In 2000 he won the BMW ADAC Formula Junior Cup, and one year later added the Formula BMW ADAC Championship to his collection of titles. In 2004, at the age of 22, he made his Formula One debut at the Canadian Grand Prix. Glock then switched to the North American ChampCar World Series in 2005, where he finished eighth overall and was named Rookie of the Year. After returning to Europe, Glock lined up in the GP2 series – and won the title at the second attempt in 2007.
In the same year he returned to BMW for the first time since his ‘apprenticeship’ in Formula BMW. Alongside three-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel (DE), Glock took to the track as test driver for the BMW Sauber F1 Team. He used this as a springboard to secure a regular driving spot in the Toyota F1 Team in 2008. Glock claimed three podiums for the Japanese team before switching to Virgin Racing, now known as the Marussia F1 Team, in 2010. In total, Glock has 91 Formula One Grands Prix to his name.
“It is very exciting for me to drive for BMW again after all these years – and in such a top-class racing series as the DTM,” said Glock. “I had a fantastic time in Formula One, but am now looking forward to battling for victories again with my old friends at BMW Motorsport. That is the approach I shall be taking to the challenge of the DTM. I am obviously aware I will have to adapt to a few areas. Not all former Formula One drivers have found their feet immediately in the DTM. But I am using precisely that as my motivation. After winning the title in such impressive fashion last year, there can be absolutely no question that the BMW M3 DTM has everything it needs to allow us to compete at the front of the field again in 2013.”
The tests in Valencia (ES) on Wednesday and Thursday presented Glock with the opportunity to gain his first experience at the wheel of the BMW M3 DTM, and the German impressed immediately. Over the coming weeks and months he and his seven fellow drivers will prepare intensively for the 2013 campaign. As is tradition, the season gets underway in Hockenheim (DE) on 5th May 2013.

BMW Power 25-01-13 12:44

Timo Glock: “I am really up for the DTM.”
Timo Glock is returning to the BMW family after five years as a driver in Formula One. In an interview, he talks about his motives behind the move, the challenge he faces as a former Formula One driver in the DTM, and his special relationship with BMW.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9107695663.jpg

Timo, what impression did the BMW M3 DTM make on you in Valencia?
Timo Glock: “As someone who has spent many years driving in single-seaters, it was obviously very different for me to suddenly find myself in a car with a roof over my head. Fortunately the BMW M3 DTM made it very easy for me to adapt. The same goes for the members of the BMW Motorsport team, who welcomed me with open arms. I still recognised a lot of faces from days gone by, so I immediately felt at home. It was great fun. However, I also know that I must still work hard in order to get a real feel for how to push a DTM car to the limit. The test was a good start. I felt very comfortable from the word go.”
During your time in Formula One, did you always keep an eye on what the BMW family was up to?
Glock: “I obviously followed BMW’s motorsport activities. Firstly, as a result of my sporting history with the BMW family, during which I was crowned Formula BMW ADAC champion and went on to be a test driver in the BMW Sauber F1 Team. Secondly, because I regularly came into contact with BMW right from an early age. My father always drove BMWs and, as a kid in the 1980s and 1990s, I always had my fingers crossed for Steve Soper, Johnny Cecotto and co in the DTM.”
What did BMW do for your career?
Glock: “BMW allowed me to make the step up from karting to single-seater racing. The powers that be recognised my talent back then. They supported me and, in doing so, set me up for the rest of my career. Without BMW I would not have had the financial means to work my way through the junior ranks. I have not forgotten that. That is another reason why I have always had a connection to BMW. I bought myself a BMW and even asked to drive a BMW M5 for the Formula One taxi rides in Hockenheim, as it is such a great car. I just find it a class brand.”
Having spent a long time driving in Formula One, what is your source of motivation in the DTM?
Glock: “It was not always easy to spend three years in Formula One regularly watching other drivers from behind who were sometimes doing a worse job than me, but were still way ahead as they were in better cars. You want to finally be back challenging at the front of the field again and are hungry for good results. This hunger became more intense over the winter. Now is the right time for me to make a change. I am really up for the DTM.”
In the DTM, you can make a difference again as a driver …
Glock: “Precisely. Whatever happens, that is what I will be trying to do together with the members of the BMW Motorsport team. I am well aware I cannot immediately be the fastest in what is an extremely strong DTM field. However, I am determined to learn everything I need in order to be successful in the DTM.”
What makes the DTM so attractive?
Glock: “The strength in depth at the top of the DTM is fascinating. Every qualifying and every race comes down to a few thousandths of a second. It is a similar story among the very top teams in Formula One, but the difference in performance between the teams is much greater. My team-mate was essentially my only reference point. I am now putting myself under pressure to prove myself in a far more evenly balanced field. I know Formula One drivers have rarely been able to make an impact in the DTM. I want to prove I am different and will at some point be challenging for victories. Only time will tell whether or not I achieve this. I am certainly not lacking in motivation.”
What goals have you set yourself for your debut season in the DTM?
Glock: “Even though I will initially have an awful lot to learn, I would obviously like to be in the points and, where possible, challenge for podiums. Augusto Farfus showed in 2012 what can be achieved as a rookie. That is driving me on. I want to get the very maximum out of my package and claim the best results possible for BMW.”
How much are you looking forward to being so close to the fans in the DTM?
Glock: “Very much. I came to love the proximity to the fans during my year in the USA in 2005. That proximity is also present in the DTM. Formula One, in which the drivers are always very isolated from the outside world and can rarely give anything back to the fans, could learn a thing or two from the way the DTM is so open to its fans.”
You will only line up at ten races in 2013, as opposed to the 20 you have become accustomed to. How will this change your everyday routine?
Glock: “When you are a potential winner in Formula One, it is no problem to spend three or four weeks in a row on the road. However, when you don’t have any great prospects, the stress really takes its toll on your body. That will be a little less in the DTM, but I still expect a tough and intense year. I will spend every minute between races thinking about how I can improve and be as well prepared as possible.”

BMW Power 30-01-13 14:35

Timo takes a trip to the museum.
Four days after announcing his move to the DTM, Timo Glock has made his first appearance as a BMW works driver. He answered journalists' questions - and took the time to check out some fascinating BMW vehicles - at the BMW Museum.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9476861667.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9476867334.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9476860998.jpg

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9476867143.jpg

BMW Power 01-02-13 12:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHpyPsZqKI

BMW Power 05-02-13 15:00

A new era.
From 2013, DTM weekends are set to become even more intense for fans, drivers and teams. Free practice, qualifying and the race will now take place over just two days.

This change heralds a new era for the DTM. The engines in the eight BMW M3 DTMs will no longer be fired up for the first time on the Friday, but will have to wait until Saturday’s free practice. After that, the drivers and teams will have just 90 minutes, in which to set the car up for qualifying, which generally begins at 14:40. The races in the popular touring car series always get underway at 13:30 on the Sunday. The ARD will continue to broadcast all the races live.
The new schedule will come into force for the first time at the season-opener in Hockenheim on 5th May. The calendar then includes another nine races, four of which are to be held outside of Germany. As well as familiar circuits like Brands Hatch (19th May), Spielberg (2nd June) and Zandvoort (29th September), the DTM will also travel to Russia for the first time in the its history. The series will make its debut at the “Moscow Raceway”, on the outskirts of the Russian capital, on 4th August. Besides the season-opener and finale in Hockenheim (20th October), fans in Germany will once again be able to cheer on their heroes at the Lausitzring (16th June), the Norisring in Nuremberg (14th July), the Nürburgring (18th August) and the Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (15th September).

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/dam/bm...9719778646.jpg

Όλες οι ώρες είναι GMT +2. Η ώρα τώρα είναι 01:39.

Forum engine powered by : vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BMW-Motorsport.gr is an unofficial site and is in no way associated with, endorsed by, sponsored by, or licensed by BMW. BMW-Motorsport.gr is not responsible for the content of threads/posts.